What is Legalism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salutations Amigo but I disagree. A Jew that believes in Christ is a Christian.
It alludes to an interesting topic. Two of the Apostles that wrote the Gospels, were not Jews or it cannot be confirmed.
The twelve chosen Apostles were Jewish. These Apostles made up the ministry of the Jewish-Christians. Some of them practiced what you see on the forum here....a mixing of Judaism and Christianity. Well this caused issues and a division when the Pagans started to convert to Christianity. You can read about this in acts. Christ warned against mixing these two religions when He was discussing Christianity not being a new patch on an old garment and the analogy of new wine expanding in old wine skins...in both analogies He warned that it would ruin both.... Mark 2:21-22 The Pagans that converted to Christianity took the helm of the church very early on, and they had no connections to Judaism and that is one of the reasons they survived.

The Jews considered Christianity as a offshoot of Judaism. The Jewish Christians saw themselves as center of Christianity. James being the leader felt he was giving concessions to Paul to allow the converting Pagans into Christianity. James felt that the Jewish-Christians would be the leaders, but this mind set lead to their demise. By the end of the first century there were hardly any Jewish-Christians left. That is why you will not find many early Christian writings from Jewish-Christians and Jewish-Christians were not represented at the ecumenical councils.

Now if the Jewish-Christians had had a better relationship with the Gentile-Christians there is a chance they would have survived. The reason for this is that the Roman attack on Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was an attack on Jews....but they did not see much of a difference between Jews and Jewish-Christians. The division between the Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians caused other issues, for instance the Gentile-Christians eventually came to blame the Jews and Jewish-Christians for the crucifixion of Christ...in time this caused hostilities between the Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians. And if you look at history, particularly during the witch-hunts and inquisitions the Jews were treated like witches by the Christians.

And back to my original point....Christians are Christians...it does not matter if they were Jewish...Hindu...Budist...Moslem...etc...it is just better to look at Christians as Christians...the other has caused to much problems in the past. Then again the customs and laws of Judaism or Hinduism or Buddhism or Moslems, have no part of Christianity. Attempting to mix them only causes confusion.
I have only read the first sentence . YES they are christians if they believe .
I am reading the rest as we speak . And its not looking good .
James had no part in the demise of chrsitanity . And all the writers were jews .
This sounds like what man has taught . And i shun the doctrines of carnal men to hades .
As for me i am gonna stick with Christ and the bible . Whatever was written is for our good . That alone is all i need to know .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have only read the first sentence . YES they are christians if they believe .
I am reading the rest as we speak . And its not looking good .
James had no part in the demise of chrsitanity . And all the writers were jews .
This sounds like what man has taught . And i shun the doctrines of carnal men to hades .
As for me i am gonna stick with Christ and the bible . Whatever was written is for our good . That alone is all i need to know .
Luke was a Gentile.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salutations Amigo but I disagree. A Jew that believes in Christ is a Christian.
It alludes to an interesting topic. Two of the Apostles that wrote the Gospels, were not Jews or it cannot be confirmed.
The twelve chosen Apostles were Jewish. These Apostles made up the ministry of the Jewish-Christians. Some of them practiced what you see on the forum here....a mixing of Judaism and Christianity. Well this caused issues and a division when the Pagans started to convert to Christianity. You can read about this in acts. Christ warned against mixing these two religions when He was discussing Christianity not being a new patch on an old garment and the analogy of new wine expanding in old wine skins...in both analogies He warned that it would ruin both.... Mark 2:21-22 The Pagans that converted to Christianity took the helm of the church very early on, and they had no connections to Judaism and that is one of the reasons they survived.

The Jews considered Christianity as a offshoot of Judaism. The Jewish Christians saw themselves as center of Christianity. James being the leader felt he was giving concessions to Paul to allow the converting Pagans into Christianity. James felt that the Jewish-Christians would be the leaders, but this mind set lead to their demise. By the end of the first century there were hardly any Jewish-Christians left. That is why you will not find many early Christian writings from Jewish-Christians and Jewish-Christians were not represented at the ecumenical councils.

Now if the Jewish-Christians had had a better relationship with the Gentile-Christians there is a chance they would have survived. The reason for this is that the Roman attack on Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was an attack on Jews....but they did not see much of a difference between Jews and Jewish-Christians. The division between the Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians caused other issues, for instance the Gentile-Christians eventually came to blame the Jews and Jewish-Christians for the crucifixion of Christ...in time this caused hostilities between the Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians. And if you look at history, particularly during the witch-hunts and inquisitions the Jews were treated like witches by the Christians.

And back to my original point....Christians are Christians...it does not matter if they were Jewish...Hindu...Budist...Moslem...etc...it is just better to look at Christians as Christians...the other has caused to much problems in the past. Then again the customs and laws of Judaism or Hinduism or Buddhism or Moslems, have no part of Christianity. Attempting to mix them only causes confusion.
What happened what foretold . ROME TOOK OVER and added to or took from the words of truth .
The only writings i trust are in that bible . And thus i am sticking to it . This world can keep its hopes and its men .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the man made customs and laws of the gentile church patterned after pagan festivals designed to draw the masses into the church do, right? Some things never change, lol.

Well you have a point. The Pagans that came into the church came from the four corners of the known world at that time. As Christianity expanded even more Pagan regions were included. They converted to Christianity but each region had their own customs. Now as far as Christian religious beliefs those customs did not change much. With the exception of Christian weddings. Wedding are completely and totally from Pagan religious sources and practices. Like I have said, there is no requirement for a wedding ceremony in the Bible, Old or New Testament. And the decision to abolish slavery did not come from within Christianity, that is church leadership. So depending on how you look at it somethings were good. Today we have a lot of customs around Christmas, Christmas Tree, the Yule log and tidings, and Easter...some agree with that and some do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke was a Gentile.
Whether he was or whether he was not , dont matter . What matters is that they wrote the truth .
Although i would ask does anyone have proof that luke was a jew , or that he was a gentile .
IT dont matter either way , cause the flesh profits nothing . KNOWING JESUS IS THE ONLY , and i do mean ONLY
and again i say ONLY thing that matters to a jew or a gentile . MANY folks are gonna end up at the lake of fire .
JESUS wont be denied , the gosple will not be denied . His words wont be denied , the truth wont be denied .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only writings i trust are in that bible

That is part of fundamentalism, to each his own. But the concept is not always true to form. Sometimes the fundamentalists look over the fence and see things they like and snatch them up and take them as their own.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and again i say ONLY thing that matters to a jew or a gentile . MANY folks are gonna end up at the lake of fire .
JESUS wont be denied , the gosple will not be denied . His words wont be denied , the truth wont be denied .
In the end we all arrive at this lake of fire….but fire is a good thing.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is , that most folks want to find excuse to omit someones writings
whether it be puals or whether it be james . THEY DO SO to feel a false comfort for their sin .
That is a fact . They do it cause they have come under the guise of a false love as well .
And thus no longer believe that GOD is going to send anyone to a lake of fire for eternity . Cause they view that GOD as the devil .
What a false love has abounded . GOD is love . HIS LOVE SENT THE SON to be live in perfection and to
receive spittings , beatings , and death by the hands of men . ALL so that they who would believe would be saved .
GOD did not , however , send the son so that other religions which deny Christ could be saved .
Nor did HE send the SON so that we could make THE BLOOD OF JESUS as an excuse to sin .
NO , HE came to set captives in SIN , FREE FROM SIN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end we all arrive at this lake of fire….but fire is a good thing.
HEY Grailhunter , you might concern youserlf a bit with you new friend .
CAUSE THIS waiting on HIM is dead wrong bout this lake of fire .
The lake of fire is not for lambs , but for the unbelieving . Thus what they jus said is totally false .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is part of fundamentalism, to each his own. But the concept is not always true to form. Sometimes the fundamentalists look over the fence and see things they like and snatch them up and take them as their own.
That is on them . I STICK TO ONLY the bible . We all should .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HEY Grailhunter , you might concern youserlf a bit with you new friend .
CAUSE THIS waiting on HIM is dead wrong bout this lake of fire .
The lake of fire is not for lambs , but for the unbelieving . Thus what they jus said is totally false .
WOM is unique.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....no me!
JESUS BLOOD done paid the price for me .
Just one drop of that blood ensures that those who believe will never see that lake of fire .
I know the teaching this man brings . ITS HIGHLY DANGEROUS , and its also a destroyer of the souls of all who do go under it .
I know i seem very direct . Its true i am . But its outta love i do warn and remind . That is one deadly dangerous teaching
that these folks believe . I have dealt with them before .
SO let me give us some assurance . JESUS . THAT IS OUR ASSURANCE that we wont spend a minute in that lake of fire .
And the ONLY ASSURANCE JESUS IS , that we wont . BUT I DO TAKE THAT to the celestial bank above .
I put all my stocks , my bonds , IN HE ALONE . HE ALONE and HE ONLY , is the ONLY and i love to say ONLY
reason a lamb wont see that lake of fire . BUT do not under any circumstance ask me to make that guarantee
for any other religoin or mindset . The only guarantee i can give on those IS THE LAKE OF FIRE .
For they deny the one true CHRIST SON OF GOD MESSIAH .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sounding a lot like a highly dangerous man i once knew .
You only see me as dangerous for the fact I challenge all your preconceived doctrine. Take a look at this….

Daniel 7:9-10 KJV
[9] I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. [10] A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
The very thing that sustains this lake issues from His throne. Nothing distructive issues from His throne. For you see His throne is the heart of man. Now stop talking goat, this God that has given you such great mercy does not have the attributes of a mass murderer.