What is Mariology?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you quote someone and I feel the desire to give my opinion I can’t?

the immaculate conception is how God created Mary in her mothers womb without original sin Lk 1:49
Not the miraculous conception of Jesus in Mary by the Holy Spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

explain these to me then

Peter is intermediary and Jesus does not forbade it

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission
Ministry power and authority as Christ!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
gotta wonder why we dont have a Catholic/Cult of Sol Invictus section here yet? I have a bunch of Qs, but a genuinely Catholic forum (that isnt uninhabited) who can find one?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cult of Sol Invictus

What is this?

I’ll be happy to answer any question you may have

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jude 1:3

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Biblical Mary:

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Marymog,

So for the record you believe Mary wrongly accused Jesus, didn't acknowledge God as his Father and failed to understand the Lord's words, but you say she is pure and sinless and not capable of sin? ...and the Mother of God.

Be honest...does Mary here fit the profile of someone who is God's mother?
Ummmm.....no! I didn't say anything "for the record".....I asked you two questions!!! Sooooo would you care to answer them!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ
this is ezackly why i suggest a separate forum, as this is not and never will be accepted by Protestants, i dont think, yet the Centurion received some of the highest—if not the highest—accolade by Christ

i would love to discuss this, but not in a forum where boundary stones have been moved, basically.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jude 1:3

A good tree!

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Biblical Mary:

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27
there is a lot i might say here, but chiefly i might ask you why we are not able to discuss this on a “Catholic” forum? Or iow—and wadr, no offense meant here ok—a graveyard?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.....no! I didn't say anything "for the record".....I asked you two questions!!! Sooooo would you care to answer them!

Its a straw man, he won’t talk about the real doctrines of Mary

Biblical Mary:

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just silly games Marymog...if you want to enter the fray do so with Scripture in hand and don't forget to leave Cyril at the door? Post 143 & Post 145 and Luke 2:48-50 - was Mary fallible and capable of sin or infallible and not capable of sin? Which is it?
Huh.....Silly games??? OK...not sure what that means.

Anyways I did address post 143 and 145 in post #168 which contained two questions of you. What was your response to post #168 F2F? You didn't answer the questions and asked me two questions.....Weird to say the least..

Anyway, Who or what Church is teaching that Mary is fallible?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a straw man, he won’t talk about the real doctrines of Mary

Biblical Mary:

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17
thank you....He has a bizarre way of communicating...thats for sure

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is ezackly why i suggest a separate forum, as this is not and never will be accepted by Protestants, i dont think, yet the Centurion received some of the highest—if not the highest—accolade by Christ

i would love to discuss this, but not in a forum where boundary stones have been moved, basically.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions
Boundaries?

Bible alone? Ok what else

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a lot i might say here, but chiefly i might ask you why we are not able to discuss this on a “Catholic” forum? Or iow—and wadr, no offense meant here ok—a graveyard?

i don’t know why

I only follow scripture Jude 1:3 contend for the faith

I’m not offended, say what want to say

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I’ll be happy to answer any questions
Boundaries?

Bible alone? Ok what else
what Catholic forum might we discuss this on?
see, you are not gonna like any of my questions, ok?
and ima bow out now, as “Mariology” should be warning enough, i guess, but i tell you that you are moving boundary stones, as your “list” of any “Catholic” forums would surely reveal, ok? Meaning that those forums are dead, right? So you are bringing the grave to us, in a sense, and not trying to what is it? here, like you could be doing

Reactions: face2face

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I’m not offended, say what want to say
well, it would be taken as offense by many here, that you are essentially espousing the Cult of Sol Invictus, as propagated by Emperor Constantine, and not really “Christianity” at all…not saying that Prots are any “better” or anything, at all
i mean all of my $ goes to Catholic Charities, now, but thats only bc i figured out how to find storehouse

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

why Yikes

It is done by the will and power of God in virtue of the merits of Christ
Full of grace
Gen 3:15
Lk 1:28
Rev 12:1

Biblical principle:
Anything Consecrated to God must be pure and used only for the purpose of serving God!

See exodus: the ark of the covenant, everything used in the temple etc.

Mary is created by God thru the immaculate conception worthy to receive grace, and the miraculous conception of the Holy Spirit, and the savior and our salvation!

Notice how Christ died for us!

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We were not worthy to die for our own salvation!

The same applies to grace, we are not worthy to receive grace, so God made Mary by the immaculate conception worthy to receive all grace for us, and worthy to miraculously conceive of the Holy Spirit and to give birth to our savior and worthy to receive our salvation!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Lk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

God will not give grace to one who is not worthy or who cannot receive it, God will not give graces only to be lost or wasted but must be Efficacious!

All graces are merited by Christ (Jn 1:16-17 1 Jn 1:7) and given to men in the immaculate conception, (Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 Heb 4:16 until we are able thru baptism (Jn 3:5) to receive them!

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Mary had this faith for us, (Lk 1:45 )and became the mother of our salvation!
(Lk 2:30)

Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Just as redemption is held in Christ so grace is held on Mary! Lk 1:28 full of grace Heb 4:16 the throne of grace Lk 1:30 found favor of our salvation

This applies to Mary not by nature but by the power and will of God!

A good tree!

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen!
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And Jesus is the king of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints, so Mary is queen of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints!

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace who is the throne of divine grace!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
why Yikes

It is done by the will and power of God in virtue of the merits of Christ
Full of grace
Gen 3:15
Lk 1:28
Rev 12:1

Biblical principle:
Anything Consecrated to God must be pure and used only for the purpose of serving God!

See exodus: the ark of the covenant, everything used in the temple etc.

Mary is created by God thru the immaculate conception worthy to receive grace, and the miraculous conception of the Holy Spirit, and the savior and our salvation!

Notice how Christ died for us!

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We were not worthy to die for our own salvation!

The same applies to grace, we are not worthy to receive grace, so God made Mary by the immaculate conception worthy to receive all grace for us, and worthy to miraculously conceive of the Holy Spirit and to give birth to our savior and worthy to receive our salvation!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Lk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

God will not give grace to one who is not worthy or who cannot receive it, God will not give graces only to be lost or wasted but must be Efficacious!

All graces are merited by Christ (Jn 1:16-17 1 Jn 1:7) and given to men in the immaculate conception, (Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 Heb 4:16 until we are able thru baptism (Jn 3:5) to receive them!

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Mary had this faith for us, (Lk 1:45 )and became the mother of our salvation!
(Lk 2:30)

Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Just as redemption is held in Christ so grace is held on Mary! Lk 1:28 full of grace Heb 4:16 the throne of grace Lk 1:30 found favor of our salvation

This applies to Mary not by nature but by the power and will of God!

A good tree!

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen!
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And Jesus is the king of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints, so Mary is queen of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints!

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace who is the throne of divine grace!
so, you are studiously making my point, and cant/wont answer my questions, see?
What Catholic forum could we go to and discuss this? etc
and for the same reason i would not engage you on the above, as you would just ignore the vv that contest your Cult of Sol interpretations; which is “better” iyo, Greek food or Roman food?
And you dont seem to be aware that the Romans went Greek! lol

so, imo, nothing wrong with Cult of Sol, big wrong in moving boundary stones

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what Catholic forum might we discuss this on?
see, you are not gonna like any of my questions, ok?
and ima bow out now, as “Mariology” should be warning enough, i guess, but i tell you that you are moving boundary stones, as your “list” of any “Catholic” forums would surely reveal, ok? Meaning that those forums are dead, right? So you are bringing the grave to us, in a sense, and not trying to what is it? here, like you could be doing

unorthodox doctrine forum
Thread “catholic issues”

ask anything and you’re not going to offend me ive been doing apologetics for 30 years and have heard it all before

only seeking truth and biblical understanding

please make it one subject and one thing at a time, some issues are complex

most of these are simply misunderstandings different ways of saying the same thing

no hurry

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, you are studiously making my point, and cant/wont answer my questions, see?
What Catholic forum could we go to and discuss this? etc
and for the same reason i would not engage you on the above, as you would just ignore the vv that contest your Cult of Sol interpretations; which is “better” iyo, Greek food or Roman food?
And you dont seem to be aware that the Romans went Greek! lol

so, imo, nothing wrong with Cult of Sol, big wrong in moving boundary stones

boundry is bible alone
Go to the catholic thread and explain the
Cult of Sol Invictus please