What is Mariology?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
as long as the person believes in Christ as the only begotten son of God Almighty the maker of Heaven and Earth, and that Jesus died for our sins, then they are my brothers and sisters
how ya been jp?
I gotta say i love the RCC for helping anyone, even if someone declared that they were “wiccan” catholic charities would not care, they would still get aid

No son of man may die for another’s sins
so maybe more steps on that ladder eh
great to see you :)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how ya been jp?
I gotta say i love the RCC for helping anyone, even if someone declared that they were “wiccan” catholic charities would not care, they would still get aid

No son of man may die for another’s sins
so maybe more steps on that ladder eh
great to see you :)
Thank you good to see you too.

Reactions: bbyrd009

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m certain she was sinless
Lk 1:28
The other Bible references didnt refer to Mary but lets look at the one that does.

Luke 1:28 The angel came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one, the Lord is with you!”

So where does it say she was sinless? Simply means that Yahweh highly favoured Mary to be the mother of Jesus.

Maybe you have the wrong quote?

Reactions: bbyrd009

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm 51 years old all the years I went to church, I stopped going at 41, because I couldn't take it anymore, what I was reading in the Bible did not coincide with what I saw was going on in the Catholic Church, I saw it with my own eyes, they even had the effigy of Mary above Jesus Christ, and Pope John Paul II was the biggest worshiper of Mary.

I don't need to provide evidence I've seen it with my own eyes since I was seven and did my communion and then Confirmation, and all of that, the Catholic Church is so full of Idolatry its not funny, the kissing of Saint Anthony's effigy feet on certain festivals, and even the the effigy of Christ we had to kiss the feet of his effigy and the Priest would wipe it with a cloth for the next person, I received the holy Eucharist every Sunday, I did my confessionals to Priests, everything.

I don't need to provide proof I've seen it with my own eyes, and then a decade ago I woke up, and no longer call myself Catholic but simply Christian.
But I've also said in many of my posts that I have no hatred towards Catholics, Protestants, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, or any other denomination, as long as the person believes in Christ as the only begotten son of God Almighty the maker of Heaven and Earth, and that Jesus died for our sins, then they are my brothers and sisters, I'm not here to changes peoples religious beliefs, God gave them the knowledge and wisdom to seek out the truth as I did.

So there is your proof, and that's all I'll say of the matter, please don't quote my posts any more on this subject, you are in dennile.

JohnPaul, they say once a child is given to the Roman Catholic Church and they indoctrinate that child for 7 years, it will never leave. There is always the exception like Niccodemus coming out of Judaism, but very rare is a raised Catholic able to leave. Its the idolatrous system which holds power over their lives. I know an ex-Catholic who through careful Bible reading managed to free himself from their hooks. What you must be able to see now having been exposed to the inspired Word. God be praised.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain these to me then

Peter is intermediary and Jesus does not forbade it

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission
Ministry power and authority as Christ!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

There is no distinct office of Bishop.
This from Jerome:

“The presbyter is the same as the bishop, and before parties had been raised up in religion by the provocations of Satan, the churches were governed by the Senate of the presbyters. But as each one sought to appropriate to himself those whom he had baptized, instead of leading them to Christ, it was appointed that one of the presbyters, elected by his colleagues, should be set over all the others, and have chief supervision over the general well-being of the community. . . Without doubt it is the duty of the presbyters to bear in mind that by the discipline of the Church they are subordinated to him who has been given them as their head, but it is fitting that the bishops, on their side, do not forget that if they are set over the presbyters, it is the result of tradition, and not by the fact of a particular institution by the Lord.”

—Jerome, Commentary on Titus 1:7

He clearly says that Elder and bishop are the same office. It is the result of tradition, not Scripture.

In Acts 20:28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood."
'Overseer' and 'shepherd' are descriptions of the office of Elder.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other Bible references didnt refer to Mary but lets look at the one that does.

Luke 1:28 The angel came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one, the Lord is with you!”

So where does it say she was sinless? Simply means that Yahweh highly favoured Mary to be the mother of Jesus.

Maybe you have the wrong quote?

gen 3:15

I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

so does not refer to Eve since she was in union with Satan, I will “future” refers to Mary

Eve a Virgin by the communication of a fallen angel cooperated in the fall of man, the first Adam, gen 3 and it is fitting that Mary a Virgin by the communication of a good angel should cooperate in the redemption of man, the new Adam! Lk 1:28-38 Lk 1:38 Mary consented to our salvation Lk 2:30 mother of our salvation

you’re Kjv “tradition of men” version is a problem, they also rejected Daniel 13 Susana’s story of great faith and trust in God

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Mary is full of grace!
Blessed even before becoming the mother of God!
The Lord is with her!

can’t have Jesus without Mary for he is with her, she is full of the plenitude of God’s grace!

More info
Mary made worthy in the immaculate conception to receive grace the HS and the savior and our salvation

Notice how Christ died for us!

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We were not worthy to die for our own salvation!

It’s similar with grace, we are not worthy to receive grace, so God made Mary by the immaculate conception worthy to receive all grace for us, and worthy to miraculously conceive of the Holy Spirit and to give birth to our savior and worthy to receive our salvation!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Lk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

This applies to Mary not by nature but by the power and will of God!

Mediatrix does not make Mary the mediator or violate 1 Tim 2:5
Anyone who is in the communion of saints is in union and may pray and make intercession for one another! Rev 5:8
All graces come by Jesus Christ Jn 1:16-17 and Jesus came thru Mary,
matt 1:23 so all graces come thru Mary!
Mary is full of grace the throne of divine grace! Heb 4:16
All generations shall call me blessed!
Lk 1:48

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the name of Mary, ever Virgin and Mother.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints. Amen.

Praise of Mary & the saints ends in God!
All merits, graces, and virtues of Mary come from God & Christ!

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe…

No one believed more than Mary! Lk 1:45

Co-redemptrix
Eve a Virgin by the communication of a fallen angel cooperated in the fall of man, the first Adam, gen 3 and it is fitting that Mary a Virgin by the communication of a good angel should cooperate in the redemption of man, the new Adam! Lk 1:28-38

Advocate
Mary help of Christians, pray for us!
Mary is the advocate of Christians because she is our spiritual mother. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17
Her intercession is great charity, for even before she is asked she sees a need and fills it. John 2:3 they have no wine, and Christ honors his mother, and never refuses her prayers, and because of her powerful intercession the newlyweds were spared Shame, and His disciples believed. Jn 2:10-11

can’t have Jesus as your brother without Mary as your brother

Lk 1:32-33 Jesus is king, the mother of a king is always queen!

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

The mother of any king is automatically queen and rules half the kingdom!
The queen mother!

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace who is the throne of divine grace!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Take a breathe @theefaith and read the post.

The other Bible references didn't refer to Mary but lets look at the one that does.

Luke 1:28 The angel came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one*, the Lord is with you!”

So where does it say she was sinless? *Simply means that Yahweh highly favoured Mary to be the mother of Jesus. The Greek is further defined by "The Lord is with you".

I will help you. Try just speaking to Luke 1:28.

I can show you how to read and study the Word of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a breathe @theefaith and read the post.

The other Bible references didn't refer to Mary but lets look at the one that does.

Luke 1:28 The angel came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one*, the Lord is with you!”

So where does it say she was sinless? *Simply means that Yahweh highly favoured Mary to be the mother of Jesus. The Greek is further defined by "The Lord is with you".

I will help you. Try just speaking to Luke 1:28.

I can show you how to read and study the Word of God.

thanks I always appreciate insights to scripture

full of grace
Filled with the plenitude of God’s graces
No room for sin

gen 3:15 enmity total war none of his works are in Mary

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed, the Lord is with Her)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Mary must have immaculate purity)

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun
Immaculate purity

also the argument form authority
Matt 16:18 & 18:18 bound in earth bound in heaven

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope BI. Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no distinct office of Bishop.
This from Jerome:

“The presbyter is the same as the bishop, and before parties had been raised up in religion by the provocations of Satan, the churches were governed by the Senate of the presbyters. But as each one sought to appropriate to himself those whom he had baptized, instead of leading them to Christ, it was appointed that one of the presbyters, elected by his colleagues, should be set over all the others, and have chief supervision over the general well-being of the community. . . Without doubt it is the duty of the presbyters to bear in mind that by the discipline of the Church they are subordinated to him who has been given them as their head, but it is fitting that the bishops, on their side, do not forget that if they are set over the presbyters, it is the result of tradition, and not by the fact of a particular institution by the Lord.”

—Jerome, Commentary on Titus 1:7

He clearly says that Elder and bishop are the same office. It is the result of tradition, not Scripture.

In Acts 20:28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood."
'Overseer' and 'shepherd' are descriptions of the office of Elder.

Acts 1:17 ministry
Acts 1:20 bishoprick
Acts 1:26 Mathias succeeded judas as apostle

Jesus said otherwise Peter has the jurisdictional keys of authority

do these bishops and presbyters (priests) have authority from Christ to forgive sins?

Do you’re pastors and elders have authority from Christ to forgive sins?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thanks I always appreciate insights to scripture

full of grace
Filled with the plenitude of God’s graces
No room for sin

gen 3:15 enmity total war none of his works are in Mary

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed, the Lord is with Her)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun
Immaculate purity

also the argument form authority
Matt 16:18 & 18:18 bound in earth bound in heaven

Ineffabilis Deus
Pope BI. Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

There's nothing here.

What I asked is this...can you show from Luke 1:28 that Mary lived a sinless life?

From your last two posts the answer is no.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 1:28

tn The address, “favored one” (a perfect participle, Grk “Oh one who is favored”) points to Mary as the recipient of God’s grace, not a bestower of it. She is a model saint in this passage, one who willingly receives God’s benefits. The Vulgate rendering “full of grace” suggests something more of Mary as a bestower of grace, but does not make sense here contextually.

Modern Christians should be very thankful for the Scholarly work in textual criticism. We certainly have come a long way from the RCC influenced Vulgate translations.

First lesson dear Catholics - Context is King! beside our Lord Jesus of course ;)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JohnPaul, they say once a child is given to the Roman Catholic Church and they indoctrinate that child for 7 years, it will never leave. There is always the exception like Niccodemus coming out of Judaism, but very rare is a raised Catholic able to leave. Its the idolatrous system which holds power over their lives. I know an ex-Catholic who through careful Bible reading managed to free himself from their hooks. What you must be able to see now having been exposed to the inspired Word. God be praised.
You are right it is hard, sometimes I feel bad in saying the things I do about Mary and the idolatry, but when I started reading on my own and seeing the things going on in the Catholic Church, I knew it was wrong and funny enough the person responsible to get me to start reading the Bible on my own was a Jehovah's Witness, he knew I was Catholic and tried converting me but I told him I have my religion already and I'm not changing it, but he did give me a King James Version Bible and some other Watchtower books to read.

But it wasn't right away I stopped praying to Mary, it was engraved in me, all the Rituals the Catholic church does was still instilled in me.

This happened when I was 19, 32 years ago when this coworker gave me the Bible and the Watchtower books and I read the books and the Bible, though I never finished it, and I became curious and started wondering about statements made by God that thou shall not worship no other God than me for I am a jealous God and about making Graven images of what's above the Earth and below, I got curious and started thinking back then already 32 years ago about the Saints and Mary that we Catholics pray to and the Rosary and all, I knew something wasn't right.

My parents were devout Catholics and venerated Mary and the Saints religiously, literally, there were effigies of Mary and the three little Shepard Children and other Saints and images throughout the house, I couldn't skip a Sunday without going to Church unless I was sick and had to do the confessional thing and all, so yes it was engraved me and I was taught that all other religions those that were Protestant or not Catholic altogether were not going to be saved and go to heaven and were sinners.

Then one day back in 2011-2012 about a decade ago I was in the very Church were I did my sacraments and went to catechism and saw the people lined up to kiss the effigy of Saint Anthony, something sparked in me, I started looking all around and seeing all the images, especially of Mary as if she were the main focus point in the Church, and something sparked in me and I told my girlfriend, I couldn't do it anymore, and can't go to Church and witness what I see and the kissing of a statue of a Saint, which I myself had done in the past just wasn't right and not following God's word.

So I stopped praying to Mary and only to God the father and our Savior Jesus Christ, so yes you are right it's very hard and at times I fight with myself about speaking against the Catholic Church, but I woke up and know that I'm doing the right thing and it's plain as day if you read the Bible and you see what goes on in the Catholic Church and even other Churches and its not right, so I made a decision to not go to Church anymore and pray at home and speak to God and our Lord Savior at home or wherever I feel the need, I don't need a man be he a Priest or Pastor, or Reverend or whatever the title telling me his version of what is said in the Bible, I can read and see for myself, God gave me the knowledge and wisdom to see, and I can see, like people like the Olsteens and the Swaggarts, the Falwells and the Pope and so many others, that they are not doing right by God's word, especially the Olsteens, something sinister about that Guy's smile and the things his wife says, is just beyond me, these people just care about money and living in luxury, it's so obvious and they have millions of people throwing money at them, while people are poor and living on the street.

It doesn't take a genius to see that something is not right, if you are preaching love and helping others, then give those millions and your luxuries to those that need it most and do right by God's word.

So I don't believe in going to any Church or denomination, I do it on my own on my own time and place.

Reactions: face2face

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for f2f

how do you explain the conversion of Protestant bible scholars, who have studied the Bible for decades to Catholicism?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestantism is unbiblical!

Faith alone! That means faith alone! Period!
No sacraments ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-38 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:20-21
No repentance Lk 3:3
No suffering Mk 8:34 Mk 10:21 Phil 1:29
No hope rom 8:24
No charity 1 cor 13:2 1 cor 13:13
No love of God duet. 6:5
No grace Jn 1:16-17
No patience Heb 10:36
No nothing but faith alone!
Alone means alone!

I’ve studied scripture for 30 plus yrs don’t see anything Protestant about it
Protestantism is just another attack on Christ! Just another rebellion against proper authority

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can a sinner be full of grace?

can a sinner be full of grace?

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 16:18 18:18 bound on earth bound in heaven

Ineffabilis Deus
Pope BI. Pius IX - 1854

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
(Enmities total war, none of satan’s works found in Her immaculate purity)

(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)

Rev 12:1 a woman clothed with the sun.
(Immaculate purity)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1:28

tn The address, “favored one” (a perfect participle, Grk “Oh one who is favored”) points to Mary as the recipient of God’s grace, not a bestower of it. She is a model saint in this passage, one who willingly receives God’s benefits. The Vulgate rendering “full of grace” suggests something more of Mary as a bestower of grace, but does not make sense here contextually.

Modern Christians should be very thankful for the Scholarly work in textual criticism. We certainly have come a long way from the RCC influenced Vulgate translations.

First lesson dear Catholics - Context is King! beside our Lord Jesus of course ;)

the scripture say “full of grace” a version that has the blessing of apostolic authority from Christ
You’re KJV “tradition of men” have no authority from Christ!
Mary is the storehouse and dispenser of divine grace!

mother of divine grace!
Mother of our salvation!

Mediatrix does not make Mary the mediator or violate 1 Tim 2:5
Anyone who is in the communion of saints is in union and may pray and make intercession for one another! Rev 5:8
All graces come by Jesus Christ Jn 1:16-17 and Jesus came thru Mary,
matt 1:23 so all graces come thru Mary!
Mary is full of grace the throne of divine grace! Heb 4:16
All generations shall call me blessed!
Lk 1:48

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the name of Mary, ever Virgin and Mother.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints. Amen.

Praise of Mary & the saints ends in God!
All merits, graces, and virtues of Mary come from God & Christ!

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe…

No one believed more than Mary! Lk 1:45

Co-redemptrix
Eve a Virgin by the communication of a fallen angel cooperated in the fall of man, the first Adam, gen 3 and it is fitting that Mary a Virgin by the communication of a good angel should cooperate in the redemption of man, the new Adam! Lk 1:28-38

Advocate
Mary help of Christians, pray for us!
Mary is the advocate of Christians because she is our spiritual mother. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17
Her intercession is great charity, for even before she is asked she sees a need and fills it. John 2:3 they have no wine, and Christ honors his mother, and never refuses her prayers, and because of her powerful intercession the newlyweds were spared Shame, and His disciples believed. Jn 2:10-11

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right it is hard, sometimes I feel bad in saying the things I do about Mary and the idolatry, but when I started reading on my own and seeing the things going on in the Catholic Church, I knew it was wrong and funny enough the person responsible to get me to start reading the Bible on my own was a Jehovah's Witness, he knew I was Catholic and tried converting me but I told him I have my religion already and I'm not changing it, but he did give me a King James Version Bible and some other Watchtower books to read.

But it wasn't right away I stopped praying to Mary, it was engraved in me, all the Rituals the Catholic church does was still instilled in me.

This happened when I was 19, 32 years ago when this coworker gave me the Bible and the Watchtower books and I read the books and the Bible, though I never finished it, and I became curious and started wondering about statements made by God that thou shall not worship no other God than me for I am a jealous God and about making Graven images of what's above the Earth and below, I got curious and started thinking back then already 32 years ago about the Saints and Mary that we Catholics pray to and the Rosary and all, I knew something wasn't right.

My parents were devout Catholics and venerated Mary and the Saints religiously, literally, there were effigies of Mary and the three little Shepard Children and other Saints and images throughout the house, I couldn't skip a Sunday without going to Church unless I was sick and had to do the confessional thing and all, so yes it was engraved me and I was taught that all other religions those that were Protestant or not Catholic altogether were not going to be saved and go to heaven and were sinners.

Then one day back in 2011-2012 about a decade ago I was in the very Church were I did my sacraments and went to catechism and saw the people lined up to kiss the effigy of Saint Anthony, something sparked in me, I started looking all around and seeing all the images, especially of Mary as if she were the main focus point in the Church, and something sparked in me and I told my girlfriend, I couldn't do it anymore, and can't go to Church and witness what I see and the kissing of a statue of a Saint, which I myself had done in the past just wasn't right and not following God's word.

So I stopped praying to Mary and only to God the father and our Savior Jesus Christ, so yes you are right it's very hard and at times I fight with myself about speaking against the Catholic Church, but I woke up and know that I'm doing the right thing and it's plain as day if you read the Bible and you see what goes on in the Catholic Church and even other Churches and its not right, so I made a decision to not go to Church anymore and pray at home and speak to God and our Lord Savior at home or wherever I feel the need, I don't need a man be he a Priest or Pastor, or Reverend or whatever the title telling me his version of what is said in the Bible, I can read and see for myself, God gave me the knowledge and wisdom to see, and I can see, like people like the Olsteens and the Swaggarts, the Falwells and the Pope and so many others, that they are not doing right by God's word, especially the Olsteens, something sinister about that Guy's smile and the things his wife says, is just beyond me, these people just care about money and living in luxury, it's so obvious and they have millions of people throwing money at them, while people are poor and living on the street.

It doesn't take a genius to see that something is not right, if you are preaching love and helping others, then give those millions and your luxuries to those that need it most and do right by God's word.

So I don't believe in going to any Church or denomination, I do it on my own on my own time and place.

spiritual anarchy
You CANNOT read for yourself and make you’re own doctrine

faith must be proposed by the church of the apostles for belief
Matt 28:19

the Bible opposed the “Bible alone” acts 2:42 the do you the apostles the rule of faith for Christians

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.