What is Mariology?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your disagreement means nothing when you have nothing to support your claim.

There are many Satan's!!! - The Apostle Peter was one! Matthew 16:23

Notice how Satan is defined by Jesus? "For you are NOT setting your mind on the things of God, BUT on the things of man"

Peter was being a Satan (i.e. Adversary) to Jesus whose mind was set on the cross.

It doesn't matter where you take me in the Scripture I know you cannot prove that Divine Angels can sin, fall or be embodiment's of evil. What it ultimately means, is you don't know the true nature of God, or His ministering spirit's.

I am presently technologically limited, but will keep your protest in mind for when I can show you your position is in error.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am presently technologically limited, but will keep your protest in mind for when I can show you your position is in error.
To be honest I am thinking of moving on. Just no substance here.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen Mary statues with missing toes where people have kissed them off. Their fixation on Mary is extreme and highlights to me the corrupt nature of the churches teaching. An original lie that was added too and developed over time has become an unthinkable teaching which really is a low picking fruit to debunk. Mungo, Illumanator & Marymog can see what the Scripture teaches as they are intelligent human beings, but they are unable to consolidate the RCC's teaching with Scripture? There is no unity between God's Word and the RCC. Well done for coming out of her JohnPaul.
And their is "unity" between Gods word and what you preach???? Hmmmmm.......

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give us a list of youre statements

what teaching vs the Bible alone

remember the church existed first before the New Testament, the church exercised authority from Christ before the New Testament and the church wrote the New Testament and only the church can give the meaning of scripture

we must hear the church
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 matt 18:17 etc.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give us a list of youre statements

what teaching vs the Bible alone

remember the church existed first before the New Testament, the church exercised authority from Christ before the New Testament and the church wrote the New Testament and only the church can give the meaning of scripture

we must hear the church
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 matt 18:17 etc.

"before the New Testament and the church wrote the New Testament "

Maybe that's why the bible say's "faith comes by hearing the Word of God..." They learned by "hearing" back then, the same words that eventually were written down. Besides, pretty sure many back then could not even read.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"before the New Testament and the church wrote the New Testament "

Maybe that's why the bible say's "faith comes by hearing the Word of God..." They learned by "hearing" back then, the same words that eventually were written down. Besides, pretty sure many back then could not even read.

until the 20th century most people were illiterate so much for the Bible alone

the church has the duty to teach and rule all nations Matt 28:19

what did Andrew or Nathaniel write?

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
until the 20th century most people were illiterate so much for the Bible alone

the church has the duty to teach and rule all nations Matt 28:19

what did Andrew or Nathaniel write?

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

And who may I ask are these " excommunicated heretics"? Surely not Jesus's Apostles! As they were the same ones who DID write the N.T.

You will believe anything
the "church" tells you...why do they not actually teach through the written word in their "mass's"?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who may I ask are these " excommunicated heretics"? Surely not Jesus's Apostles! As they were the same ones who DID write the N.T.

the "church" tells you...why do they not actually teach through the written word in their "mass's"?

luther calvin etc.

What did Andre or Nathaniel write?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
luther calvin etc.

What did Andre or Nathaniel write?

I did not say that ALL of the apostles had written the NT. Calvin and Luther are just both "isms" and mean nothing to me. If the bible pans out after comparing the verses then...it is NOT that hard to understand the simple Gospel, we are told to FEED upon it as man does NOT love by bread alone. And, we are told many times that immediately early on in the new faith, that MANY false teachers and prophets will worm their way into the "church".

And for all we know, maybe Nathaniel or Andre DID write things but it was not accepted in the cannon, or maybe they were illiterate? Barnaba's wrote a book, there's the book of Enoch...many writings that did not make it in the cannon.

You did not answer my question: Why does the CC not "teach"? like the Apostles did, and like the protestant churches do (not that they are always correct, but at least they TEACH)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say that ALL of the apostles had written the NT. Calvin and Luther are just both "isms" and mean nothing to me. If the bible pans out after comparing the verses then...it is NOT that hard to understand the simple Gospel, we are told to FEED upon it as man does NOT love by bread alone. And, we are told many times that immediately early on in the new faith, that MANY false teachers and prophets will worm their way into the "church".

And for all we know, maybe Nathaniel or Andre DID write things but it was not accepted in the cannon, or maybe they were illiterate? Barnaba's wrote a book, there's the book of Enoch...many writings that did not make it in the cannon.

You did not answer my question: Why does the CC not "teach"? like the Apostles did, and like the protestant churches do (not that they are always correct, but at least they TEACH)

The church has always taught!
Pick a subject

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church has always taught!
Pick a subject

Eschatology, false teaching warnings, SO MUCH. I've never heard a true sermon at a CC. I grew up Catholic, 1st communion, confirmation, "religious" instructions. I learned not a thing UNTIL I opened The Word Of God and attended bible studies. I once asked a member here, who lives in Italy and is surrounded by Catholicism. She has several priest friends, I asked her to ask one of them this same question and his answer to her was "because it is not a classroom" :eek:

Don't want to get into this any further, all of this has been hashed over, and over again to no adieu.

God bless and keep you.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The very possibility of progress demands that there should be an unchanging element . . . the positive historical statements made by Christianity have the power . . . of receiving, without intrinsic change, the increasing complexity of meaning which increasing knowledge puts into them.

The Catholic Church, in agreement with Lewis, defines doctrinal development as a growth of depth and clarity in the understanding of the truths of divine revelation. It is important to understand that the substantial or essential truths at the core of each doctrine remain unchanged. Only the subjective grasp of men increases. This increase is the result of the prayerful reflection of the Church, theological study and research (often occasioned by heretical challenges), practical experience, and the collective wisdom of the Church's bishops and popes, especially when joined in Ecumenical Councils.

Like many Christian doctrines, the idea of doctrinal development is based on much implicit or indirect scriptural evidence. The best indications are perhaps Mt. 5:17, 13:31-2, Jn. 14:26, 16:13, 1 Cor. 2:9-16, Gal. 4:4, Eph. 1:10, 4:12-15. Furthermore, doctrine clearly develops within Scripture ("progressive revelation"). Examples: doctrines of the afterlife, the Trinity, the Messiah (eventually revealed as God the Son), the Holy Spirit (Divine Person in the New Testament), the equality of Jews and Gentiles, bodily resurrection, sacrifice of lambs evolving into the sacrifice of Christ, etc. Not a single doctrine emerges in the Bible complete with no further need of development.
Development of Doctrine: A Corruption of Biblical Teaching?