What Is Marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I tell you what....try some of this and see what you get. You will either end up in prison or an insane asylum.
God taught humanity morality from the very beginning of the Bible. The morality taught in the NT was an advanced morality and after the close of the Bible...during the last 2000 years the Living Word of God continued to teach us even more advanced moralities. It is a progression through history.
I'm not going to agree with you that the True God's word and laws are harsh or cruel. That's what you believe, not me. All of God's laws that he gave to mankind were based on love and justice.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife and I are going on 53 years married. We have 3 children and 10 grandchildren. Our love for one another has grown and has gotten stronger as the years gone by We have had good times and bad times however we trusted in the Lord and put Him first. Our Lord comes first than each other than our children.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of sentence?
sentence
  • an authoritative decision; a judicial judgment or decree, especially the judicial determination of the punishment to be inflicted on a convicted criminal: Knowledgeable sources say that the judge will announce the sentence early next week.
  • the punishment itself; term: a three-year sentence.
(It's from an old joke.)

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sentence
  • an authoritative decision; a judicial judgment or decree, especially the judicial determination of the punishment to be inflicted on a convicted criminal: Knowledgeable sources say that the judge will announce the sentence early next week.
  • the punishment itself; term: a three-year sentence.
(It's from an old joke.)

Ohhhh,... now I get it lol

Reactions: Sabertooth

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya I do not think that Christ was any of that.[

Oh yeah, here's the verse I was looking for the other day:

Isaiah 53:4
"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."

I believe that it is even clearer elsewhere that He took on the sicknesses that He was healing.

A study I'm doing hits upon the idea that perhaps He even had leprosy, in addition to becoming ritually impure by touching those infected with it.

I don't necessarily buy into that idea since a lamb to be slain was supposed to be without spot or blemish.

But, I can see the ritually unclean aspect and maybe this was enough for people to decide that this was enough to not expect Him to be married, since He was obviously a man on another sort of mission.

I mean, we have John the Baptist as well, who I don't expect that people were concerned about for the same type of reason. They saw them as outliers... fantastics even.

*Fanatics

Last edited:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the fact that they didn't press Him on the marriage issue is a testament to them knowing that He was fulfilling Isaiah 53:4, which passage the Talmud identifies "The Suffering Servant" as "The Leper".