What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's funny how you are able to twist things. For you, being religious is about sexual sins. The opposite is true (of course) The Pharisees looked down on any kind of physical sins. So again, you are completely off in right field.

A religious spirit prides itself that it is NOT like regular sinners...it prides itself that is DOES NOT DO as other people do. It prides itself that it is special among "sinners"

Whereas the pride of such a self-justified one is actually worse than a baser sinner. That's what Jesus was showing us.

And yet, the churches ARE filled with such sins. Sins on the level of the exalted soul or tainted spirit. To always relegate sin to the physical level is actually the prime example of having a religious spirit...as anyone with an ounce of discernment can clearly see in yourself.

A religious spirit is a pretender....a decoy, one that names and claims great things for itself....without any evidence in truth. If we allow assumptions and presumptions a free reign...a religious spirit is the result...as we see.

It is no wonder that so many will say...Lord, Lord...and be rejected. There will be weeping and anger.

The truth does not need your participation to exist. But iniquity does.
There are all kinds of sins, and bad attitudes and character are on another level. But I'm pointing out that properly dealing with certain kinds of sins in the camp (not just sexual immorality but any kind of obvious gross sins) is not because of having a religious spirit, as long as it's done in a right spirit. Should the church just keep on ignoring biblical teaching and instruction on the matter? Once again you appear to be throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Are people being "religious" because they see the wisdom in God's word on this and want to be obedient to it?

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whereas the pride of such a self-justified one is actually worse than a baser sinner. That's what Jesus was showing us.

And yet, the churches ARE filled with such sins. Sins on the level of the exalted soul or tainted spirit. To always relegate sin to the physical level is actually the prime example of having a religious spirit...as anyone with an ounce of discernment can clearly see in yourself.
Why would you assume that I always relegate sin to a physical level?

And to be frank I haven't seen any reason to trust your discernment.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Most people don't really want the truth. They just want a constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth."
The truth I am trying to point out is that we are instructed in the word that there are people and circumstances that we are NOT to be in fellowship and unity with. The topic of unity is very popular in Christendom and the world right now. So when someone is talking about unity and fellowship I consider it very important to qualify what kind of unity they are talking about. Are they talking about unity in a humanistic kumbayah way or is it God's way?

You still haven't responded to those scriptures I brought. Other than to throw sand in our faces by turning it into an accusation against the one who is pointing them out. Those scrips are about people and circumstances who/when we are not to have unity. I d think that anyone who loves the truth would agree with those scriptures and have those parameters that the bible teaches when they are talking about unity.

So, what are your thoughts on those scrips Epi, and does the unity you are teaching line up with them?

In what way does your unity differ from the way of the world? Or does it at all?

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth I am trying to point out is that we are instructed in the word that there are people and circumstances that we are NOT to be in fellowship and unity with. The topic of unity is very popular in Christendom and the world right now. So when someone is talking about unity and fellowship I consider it very important to qualify what kind of unity they are talking about. Are they talking about unity in a humanistic kumbayah way or is it God's way?

You still haven't responded to those scriptures I brought. Other than to throw sand in our faces by turning it into an accusation against the one who is pointing them out. Those scrips are about people and circumstances who/when we are not to have unity. I d think that anyone who loves the truth would agree with those scriptures and have those parameters that the bible teaches when they are talking about unity.

So, what are your thoughts on those scrips Epi, and does the unity you are teaching line up with them?

In what way does your unity differ from the way of the world? Or does it at all?
the unity that cometh of the world , of mystery religoin is unity and fellowship being unequally yoked with unbelievers .
The unity that comes of the Spirit , of CHRIST , is unity with those who are likeminded IN CHRIST .
the unity of the world will overlook sins and errors and rather just focus on having unity with any and with all .
Its unity and its people , however are not CENTERED ON CHRIST , HIS DOCTRINE , . in fact
to them fundamental doctrine only gets in the way of fellowship and unity and they replace the doctrine
and the LOVE of GOD with a sensual love instead . that love has becoming their unifying force to unity and to unify under .
Whereas a lamb , ITS LOVE cometh of GOD , not of the world . IT has the love for TRUTH upon its heart
doctrine DOES matter and they use doctrine to build up and to correct .
whereas the love that has come of the world will at most use some doctrine , but not to correct the sins and errors
but rather to justify this other love .
A clear example was seen in what POPE francis said .
HE said we can even all find common ground in a FOOTBALL game etc .
YET that is of the world . and if you notice they always say set aside differences and just find what you all have in common .
Yet what does a lamb have in COMMON with the world or those o the world . I mean those of the world
those of a false religoin serve another god , do not believe on JESUS THE CHRIST or even think its necessary to do so .
WHAT DO WE HAVE IN COMMON WITH THAT .
what communion do we have with the table of belial .
WE cannot have unity with both CHRIST and the table of belial . Co exist they say .
AND YET LIGHT does not co exist with DARKNESS , nor has UNITY with darkness .
WE simply preach the truth of the gospel to those in darkness .
And we have unity with THOSE WHO BELEIVE IN HIM . we are kind to all , we pray for all , we even bless our enemies
we even feed our enemies . BUT WE DO NOT have UNITY WITH THEM . that will only cause one to fall away .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Again with the world. You obviously don't read my posts without interpreting the truth out of them. I teach the unity of saints...and those who support God's ways in Christ. What you should be asking yourself is...what is the difference between your idea of unity and that of the Pharisees?

What you espouse is a religious and superficial unity that "points" to Jesus then wipes its mouth and says...I have done no iniquity.

You confuse self-righteousness based on a man-made scheme...with God's approval and endorsing. You would rather assume and presume that you can read whatever bible verses you like for yourself...and read everyone you don't like into the bible verses you don't like. A typical scheme...that all religious people fall into. You will know them by their fruit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Most people don't really want the truth. They just want a constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth."
Pilate once asked JESUS what is truth .
SO what is truth . JESUS said , THY WORD IS TRUTH .
and yet many try and teach ideals and a love and a unity which is CONTRARY TO TRUTH .
Most people sure do seem to not really want to know THE TRUTH , rather they desire to believe a lie
that cannot save them to be TRUTH . like this other love that came of the world , the love
that says just find common ground and that other religoins serve the same God we do .
That all one needs to be saved is their version of love and yet that love DENIES the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Yea epi , i sure gotta agree with you statement ,
there sure are LOT of people who dont really want truth they just need constant reassurance
in what they think is love and what they think is the truth . WHEN IT IS NEITHER the LOVE OF GOD OR THE TRUTH .
THE LOVE OF GOD , THE TRUTH OF GOD , DONT DENY JESUS CHRIST . IT WONT DENY the dire need to have to beleive on HIM
and preach another social gospel instead that cannot save .
The love of GOD , the TRUTH OF GOD wont preach the cross and yet refuse to say one must FIRST BELIEVE ON HE
who was CRUCIFIED ON the CROSS . Many sure do love a lie these days and take comfort
in a love that came o the world which they THINK will save them . IT WONT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again with the world. You obviously don't read my posts without interpreting the truth out of them. I teach the unity of saints...and those who support God's ways in Christ. What you should be asking yourself is...what is the difference between your idea of unity and that of the Pharisees?

What you espouse is a religious and superficial unity that "points" to Jesus then wipes its mouth and says...I have done no iniquity.

You confuse self-righteousness based on a man-made scheme...with God's approval and endorsing. You would rather assume and presume that you can read whatever bible verses you like for yourself...and read everyone you don't like into the bible verses you don't like. A typical scheme...that all religious people fall into. You will know them by their fruit.
Lets examine that point epi . You brought up a good point . what is the difference between
that which the pharisees did and that which JESUS CHRIST did .
Well they both told folks about doing good works and etc .
BUT JESUS and the apostles went about preaching the DIRE NEED TO HAVE TO BELIEVE ON HIM .
THE PHARISEES , DID NOT DO THAT epi . so who is the pharisee indeed .
IT aint the one saying WE MUST FIRST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST and reminds all to be doing good .
ITS HE WHO might teach others to do some good , YET WONT PREACH THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
DO YOU KNOW anyone like that .
and how often do you accuse another one who DOES REMIND to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
as being religious , as religious dribble . HEY epi , the pharisees REJECTED THAT TOO , so it sounds like
you in that company . Be on gaurd epi you are in far more danger than you realize .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Once again you are avoiding and deflecting from scripture by accusing. This isn't about me, I'm just asking how you understand what those scrips are talking about. If we are taking the teachings of scriptures to heart and obeying them in a right spirit (aka the Holy Spirit).....then is that a man-made scheme to you? That was all taught under the old covenant too....all in line with the ways and wisdom of the LORD who changeth not.....only now we serve in the new way of the Spirit. Do you believe we are to follow His word?

You see, understanding that I have received from the Lord is that Mystery Babylon is about the church (and Israel) being infected with the spirit and ways of the world. Why we are called to come out from among them and be separate and touch not the unclean thing.....as Israel was called too. And just as we are also called to come out of Mystery Babylon that has become infected with the world. Thus....it is very important to define and understand what kind of unity is being taught and discussed.....to see whether it is a man-made scheme or is from the Lord and His word.

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BUT WE DO NOT have UNITY WITH THEM . that will only cause one to fall away
EXACTLY! This needs to be shouted from the rooftops brother..........clearly this false unity is the strong delusion that is causing the falling away. (And those who received not a love of the truth are going under it I'm sorry to say.)

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pilate once asked JESUS what is truth .
SO what is truth . JESUS said , THY WORD IS TRUTH .
and yet many try and teach ideals and a love and a unity which is CONTRARY TO TRUTH .
Most people sure do seem to not really want to know THE TRUTH , rather they desire to believe a lie
that cannot save them to be TRUTH . like this other love that came of the world , the love
that says just find common ground and that other religoins serve the same God we do .
That all one needs to be saved is their version of love and yet that love DENIES the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Yea epi , i sure gotta agree with you statement ,
there sure are LOT of people who dont really want truth they just need constant reassurance
in what they think is love and what they think is the truth . WHEN IT IS NEITHER the LOVE OF GOD OR THE TRUTH .
THE LOVE OF GOD , THE TRUTH OF GOD , DONT DENY JESUS CHRIST . IT WONT DENY the dire need to have to beleive on HIM
and preach another social gospel instead that cannot save .
The love of GOD , the TRUTH OF GOD wont preach the cross and yet refuse to say one must FIRST BELIEVE ON HE
who was CRUCIFIED ON the CROSS . Many sure do love a lie these days and take comfort
in a love that came o the world which they THINK will save them . IT WONT .
Amen.

Jesus' word is truth. So why do some take such great pains to skirt around and avoid His word then? I mean, what else is supposed to be taught and expounded and revealed to us etc, other than His word? Is there anything else besides the word of God that we are supposed to listen to? If they love the truth, why won't some love His word but avoid it like the plague? :IDK:

• Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen.

Jesus' word is truth. So why do some take such great pains to skirt around and avoid His word then? I mean, what else is supposed to be taught and expounded and revealed to us etc, other than His word? Is there anything else besides the word of God that we are supposed to listen to? If they love the truth, why won't some love His word but avoid it like the plague? :IDK:
Again...you should be seeing yourself in the Pharisees. Jesus hung out with sinners...and people such as yourself then questioned the kind of unity that Jesus was seeking...what? sinners? Doesn't He realize that there is NO fellowship with the world.

Everything you post is based on a Pharisaical understanding. Of course you can't see it. Hypocrites don't think anyone knows more than they do.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again...you should be seeing yourself in the Pharisees. Jesus hung out with sinners...and people such as yourself then questioned the kind of unity that Jesus was seeking...what? sinners? Doesn't He realize that there is NO fellowship with the world.

Everything you post is based on a Pharisaical understanding. Of course you can't see it. Hypocrites don't think anyone knows more than they do.
Yes, Jesus showed up the wrong attitude of the Pharisees.....it is the sick who need a doctor......however, I do not believe for a minute that Jesus was uniting and in fellowship with sinners.....He spent time with them for God's purposes, to do good to them and preach the gospel to them....not to have fun and socialize and link arms with them for a common cause, but to MINISTER to them. It's important to understand the difference and any true man of God who cared about souls would want it to be understood. Does a doctor spend time with his patients to socialize and link arms with them?

I have been asking and giving you every opportunity to share what you know and understand about the parameters those scriptures are showing with regard to unity. But you continue to avoid answering.....and instead continue to deflect and accuse.

If you assume my understanding is Phariseical then why don't you try to correct me and share your non-Phariseical understanding of those scrips? What does "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" mean to you? Do you understand the difference between ministering to folks and being unequally yoked with them? It doesn't seem that you do. What does it mean to come out from among them and be separate? Does it mean to go live on a mountaintop and having nothing to do with unbelievers and treat them like pariahs? No it doesn't....so what does it mean? Any idea?

• Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, Jesus showed up the wrong attitude of the Pharisees.....it is the sick who need a doctor......however, I do not believe for a minute that Jesus was uniting and in fellowship with sinners.....He spent time with them for God's purposes, to do good to them and preach the gospel to them....not to have fun and socialize and link arms with them for a common cause, but to MINISTER to them. It's important to understand the difference and any true man of God who cared about souls would want it to be understood. Does a doctor spend time with his patients to socialize and link arms with them?

I have been asking and giving you every opportunity to share what you know and understand about the parameters those scriptures are showing with regard to unity. But you continue to avoid answering.....and instead continue to deflect and accuse.

If you assume my understanding is Phariseical then why don't you try to correct me and share your non-Phariseical understanding of those scrips? What does "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" mean to you? Do you understand the difference between ministering to folks and being unequally yoked with them? It doesn't seem that you do. What does it mean to come out from among them and be separate? Does it mean to go live on a mountaintop and having nothing to do with unbelievers and treat them like pariahs? No it doesn't....so what does it mean? Any idea?
more lies and obfuscation. Do you offer courses on gaslighting? You are dishonest to the point where it is not worth entertaining anything that you say. :ummm:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
more lies and obfuscation. Do you offer courses on gaslighting? You are dishonest to the point where it is not worth entertaining anything that you say. :ummm:
Feel free to point out where I'm lying and obfuscating. When in fact what I'm doing is the opposite. I'm trying to bring us down to brass tacks here and LOOK at and CLARIFY what God's word teaches. And you are the one refusing to.

What does it say when someone repeatedly and continually avoids addressing the word of God and avoids answering any of my straight-forward questions ....? Are you a minister of GOD's word, or of something else? This continual lack of openness and transparency hasn't gone unnoticed.

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
For me, Revelation 17 and the reference to the seven hills speaks of Rome, and her seven hills.

I think history is cyclical. I also think many countries are following the pattern of Romes rise and eventual fall. Or, perhaps it is more fitting to recognize it as an evolution.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY! This needs to be shouted from the rooftops brother..........clearly this false unity is the strong delusion that is causing the falling away. (And those who received not a love of the truth are going under it I'm sorry to say.)
It sure is dear sister . this is the delusion that is sent to gather all to UNIFY as one
under what they THINK is of GOD and is GOD . only it aint . JESUS has been trod under foot
GOD would not testify of this mess . GOD testified ON THE SON .
John knew this to be true .
John warned the church that which was and is of ANTI CHRIST . yet many seem to lip it and know not that
it is of anti christ .
And this movement , that which is of anti christ , that which has come
to gather all religoins and the world to rest under its shade ,
CAME FROM WITHIN the realm of CHRISTENDOM .
Their was good reason why both peter , pual and others told us to be in the scriptures
to be learning . So that we do not the evil they did .
What occured upon Jerusalem and israel , I TELL US ALL it has occured with the realm of christendom .
We got us a HARLOT at work . MYSTERY BABYLONE rests not
THE HARLOT rests not
she has poured an inclusive cup of what she calls love and cries to all
come let us have unity , let us be one .
Only they know not this is a covenant of death only leading to the second death .
To them it is love , to them they see it as the work of GOD and of CHRIST .
To the religoins more and more see this as the work of GOD and his love
to the athiest , wican or etc , they simply see the love part and see it as love .
BUT IT IS GATHERING ALL . CEPT the lambs .
IT seems to be gathering all who rejected the LOVE O THE TRUTH , that be THE GOSPEL OF BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST
that could have saved them , RIGHT UNTO A LIE THAT CANNOT SAVE but will be their damnation .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

Why do some take great pains to skirt around and avoid HIS words.
Because IF they use HIS words its gonna PROVE THEM WRONG .
Thus its the emotion card that gets played . ITs the accusation card that gets played .
THE MINUTE they actually get in the bible , if they actually wanted to learn of CHRIST
they would soon see , OH DEAR its not these we speak against that are being duped , ITS US .
THEY WONT use the words of CHRIST and if they do its only a small part . they will omit the very warnings
of Christ and of the apostels that prove doctrine matters
that proves we are to have no fellowship unity with the world .
That even proves that believers in the church that are in any sin MUST be corrected .
THE father of lies knows what is in that bible . OH HE knows sister .
BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO TWIST IT unto destruction of men .
and he knows how to allure through the FLESH
he knows how to speak in ways as to PLEASE MAN .
and those who love the flesh , they will heed whatever message feeds that flesh .
But a lamb heeds the voice of the great shepard of the sheep .
WHY do some take great pains to skirt around and avoid His inspired words
Because many have not the LOVE OF GOD UPON THEIR HEART
many have the love that cometh of the world ONLY , upon their heart .