What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What he does is as manydo . They cannot defeat nor overcome the scriptures of truth you bring
so they push the YE ACCUSE and JUDGE CARD .
and yet let us examine something .
An example of the victim judge not card is this .
WHEN i say to one that is of another religoin or mindset
That they are in grave danger lest they repent of that false religoin and rather must BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
OR if when i say that all other religoins are false , not of GOD , wont save a soul
ONE stands to say HOW dare you judge them , their are good people in every religoin
that do good works , Yet you say , say they , THAT if they repented not to BELIEVE ON CHRIST
they will be damned . YE JUDGE THEM , YE ACCUSE THEM .
AND YET its they WHO ACCUSE JESUS WHO FIRST SAID , IF YE BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE YE SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS .
THEY accuse us of accusing and judging and hating others
because we do expose the evils , even the evils within much of christendom
and all the while they have made themselves THE JUDGE of even GOD and of CHRIST who first said those words .
ITS the victim card . THEY have no truth , no ammo to overcome truth so , THEY RELY ON THE VICTIM JUDGE NOT card .
And such is the way of the world my friend. And we see it growing more and more in our face everyday.
Call it what you will, I call it the Deception of DEI, and it's growing and getting stronger day by day.
Accept us and our ways or you are a racist, a bigot, a terrorist, a cult..
projection is real, and active in society today.
Keep our eyes on the strait and narrow friend. Lean not unto the left nor to the right.
Hugs
off to see dad bbs.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And such is the way of the world my friend. And we see it growing more and more in our face everyday.
Call it what you will, I call it the Deception of DEI, and it's growing and getting stronger day by day.
Keep our eyes on the strait and narrow friend. Lean not unto the left nor to the right.
Hugs
off to see dad bbs.
IF by DEI you mean that inclusive diverity stuff , YOU ARE SPOT ON RIGHT INDEED my friend .
And yes , you said it best , LET us keep our eyes on the strait and narrow . AND WE KNOW WHO THAT IS .
JESUS THE CHRIST OF GOD . For there is no other name , no other path , no other direction or way for man to be saved and to
have eternal life . Hit them trenches ziggy my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hugs
off to see dad bbs.
How often we hear judge not there are good people , good people in every religoin or athiests
MY question to all is this , WHO IS GOOD . WHO IS RIGHTEOUS , WHO has NOT sinned once .
A hint , YOU WONT FIND THEM IN HUMANITY . ALL HAVE SINNED and all FALL far far short of the glory of GOD .
THUS , that means ALL NEED TO BE SAVED and thus it means BELIEVE YE ON HE WHOM GOD DID SEND .
cause man cannot save himself . With man it is impossible . BUT NOT WITH GOD .
GOD HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE for man to be saved , JESUS CHRIST . THUS let us preach THAT NAME
and HIS teachings and all biblical truth WHICH HE inspired to all that has breath .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hugs
off to see dad bbs.
Follow the DEI and the soul shall DIE .
FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST for in HE ALONE IS ETERNAL LIFE
and that one shall never die , never taste of death . For though the body dies , the lamb unto its home with CHRIST flies .
Enjoy the rhyme my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little while ago you were accusing people of "blaming unbelievers"........and now when I point out problems within Christendom you suddenly take offense. So why are you offended?

The need to be born of the Spirit is essential, it is the starting point of true faith, and some need to hear it, including you apparently since you believe people can enter the kingdom of heaven without being born again. So I hope it does get preached here because it needs to be.

Luk 7:23
And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Funny how some can think they are light years ahead of others when they haven't even got the basics yet.
no one can justify themselves by receiving a free gift , SAID EPI .
but he knows not that unto those WHO DO RECIEVE that FREE GIFT , THEY ARE JUSTIFIED BY JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF .
IT IS GOD WHO JUSTIFIES . not man , BUT GOD .
and HE has sent the SON who is the ONLY ONE who can JUSTIFY us . ITS all about BELIEF IN , FAITH IN , THE SON
the CHRIST OF GOD .
If a man rejectes the counsel of GOD
If any rejectes the testimony GOD gave OF HIS SON
That one calleth GOD a liar . HE denies JESUS as the CHRIST , that is a liar , that is antichrist . Many today
by means of false love are actually preaching a religoin to UNITE the ANTI CHRISTS to be as ONE UNDER ANTI CHRIST .
but they cannot see this for the love spell o the dragon and of the well favored harlot has not and will not set the captives free .

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Here you quote scripture that contradicts your opinion of Catholicism. They believe in Jesus - ask any of them.
Why don't you stand outside if a Catholic Church on Sunday and greet people coming out and ask them if they believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose on the third day. They will probably give you a weird look like this person must be an idiot and say, Of course I do, what the heck do you think I am going to church for ... do you see that cross?"
These passages above describes where most Catholics are, spiritually.
You are making absurd and unsubstantiated judgments.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. ROM. 10:4

The devil masquerades as an angel of light. You sound as though you need to come out of her brother.
Yes he does. So now as a defense, you say I am deceived by Satan ... then call me brother? You are confused. Who is her that I need to come of? I told you I wasn't Catholic.

YOU DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION. Are you avoiding it ... afraid?

Question: Has the formation and growth of the Catholic Church _ since its beginning in 590AD _ with the 1st Roman Catholic Pope Gregory and continuing throughout their history to the present Pope _ not been the work of the Holy Spirit, but instead done by the power of Satan?

Be careful how you answer that. I think you need to abandon your claims. You may be blaspheming the Holy Spirit just like the Pharisees did.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Lizbeth, Ziggy, Amigo de Christo
This is my challenge for anyone else who despises, hates and condemns Catholics. Go and engage many Catholics and ask them if they believe in Jesus. Wait outside their church and ask them as they come out, "Do you believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead? Do you put your faith in Him?" They will look at you strange, I'm sure like Dah ... and confirm, "Of course I do. What do think that cross means up there and around my neck?"

Reactions: marks

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny that people get so offended lest I be judging Catholics heaven forbid, and yet your continual judgment and accusations of the brethren here is quite acceptable apparently.
No, it is all the same kind of condemnation. People claim to believe in Christ on both sides of the aisle and you think you have this ability to invalidate their claim. You do not have the knowledge or authority to do that, no one but God has.
By their fruit you will know them.
So are you producing fruit?
Condemning billions of souls who claim they believe does not sound like love, joy, kindness, goodness, faithful, patient, self control, peaceful, gentle.
Look at yourself in the mirror. How do others who know you describe you? As a loving person, who produces fruit or just a complaining, condemning judgmental person fixated on those damned Catholics and many Protestants as well?

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no one can justify themselves by receiving a free gift , SAID EPI .
That's right. All your self-justification is not according to God...but your own religious self (ego). No flesh can justify themselves for any reason...whether by works or beliefs. A tree is known of its fruit.

And God will sort out the wheat from the tares.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Funny that people get so offended lest I be judging Catholics heaven forbid, and yet your continual judgment and accusations of the brethren here is quite acceptable apparently.
A false comparison. Is there a Catholic here condemning all Protestants?

You can't help yourself...judging others, reducing them in order to elevate yourself. Very bad practice. I haven't seen such obvious self-aggrandizement from Catholics.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is my challenge for anyone else who despises, hates and condemns Catholics. Go and engage many Catholics and ask them if they believe in Jesus. Wait outside their church and ask them as they come out, "Do you believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead? Do you put your faith in Him?" They will look at you strange, I'm sure like Dah ... and confirm, "Of course I do. What do think that cross means up there and around my neck?"
It just keeps getting more and more clear that not everyone who names the name of Christ is of Him and it is sad for many.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A false comparison. Is there a Catholic here condemning all Protestants?

You can't help yourself...judging others, reducing them in order to elevate yourself. Very bad practice. I haven't seen such obvious self-aggrandizement from Catholics.
Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many are on it....narrow is the Way that leads to life and few there be that find it. That narrow Way, by the way, is Jesus Christ. HE, HIMSELF is the Way (and the Truth and the Life). That's why we must both receive Him and follow Him....because HE HIMSELF is the Way to where He is.

He is a Jew who is a Jew INWARDLY....now apply that principle to the church. If you understand what it is saying.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said it's not the sheep which are to blame but the ones leading them into the pit.

Hugs

Reactions: Lizbeth

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't we all responsible for who we follow??

My thoughts
Yes we are.
But many people put their trust in other people rather than trusting what the bible says.
These they call the blind leading the blind.
Praise God, Jesus came to make the blind see.
But time is running short and people need to have their eyes opened soon.
This isn't about any particular religion. All of them have their faults.
All the sheep listen to many different voices in many different denominations.
I haven't found a perfect religion yet on this earth.
But the doctrine in the bible according to the words Jesus spoke and the Gospel Paul was given to speak,
These are infallible.
Most if not all believe that the bible is not infallible and they can justify themselves whatever fits their religion.

Ten Catholic Answers To “Why Do You Call Your Priests ‘Father’?”​

6. This indicates a problem with understanding the Bible – The Bible is not an infallible source book for rules and regulations. We don’t go through the Bible looking for particular prohibitions which we then take literally. The non-Catholic who uses this verse to challenge Catholics should be challenged in return. Does he take every prohibition in the Bible literally in his life?

And then it goes on with foolishness:
7. Ask the Bible Christian if he eats bacon, likes pork barbecue and plays football Quote this verse from Leviticus 11: “And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.” If every verse in the Bible is to be taken literally he can’t eat pork products or play football because a football is made from pigskin…
8.When the Bible Christian says “That is the Old Testament and doesn’t apply” ask him if he prohibits women and girls from wearing gold jewelry, pearls or braiding their hair Quote 1 Timothy 2:9 – “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes.
9, Ask if he makes women keep silent in church – Does his church have women ministers, teachers or readers? I Corinthians 14.34 says, “Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.” If he allows the eating of pork, the playing of football, and allows women to wear gold, pearls, braid their hair and speak in church isn’t that much worse than Catholics calling their priests “Father”?
10. All Christians pick and choose which parts of the Bible they will obey literally – This leads naturally to the question of authority–which should be the main discussion in all apologetics with non Catholic Christians. Who says which verses in the Bible you take literally and which ones you don’t? For that matter, who says which beliefs in the Bible you need to follow and which you can explain away? Who says which moral teachings are in the Bible and which are not? How do they decide? Are they following a particular religious teacher? Isn’t that what Jesus warned against?

Catholics have the answer because the church–not one individual–is the right and proper interpreter of the Sacred Scripture. The whole church alive in the world today and down through the ages offers the interpretative authority by which we decide which parts of the Bible we take literally and which we do not.

And so said Eve to herself (the church) when she listened to the serpent say: Hath God surely said? ...

The church is not the head. Jesus is the head. All people should listen to the head and not the body.
And when the body begins to make decisions for the head, it's time to come out of that religion.
And they ALL do it.

Hugs

Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I said it's not the sheep which are to blame but the ones leading them into the pit.

Hugs
Sad that there are not ears to hear what is being said.....it just falls on deaf ears. Just like with Jesus and how He was misunderstood, falsely accused......as well as His words being wilfully twisted and attempts made to entrap Him - so evil. Nothing new under the sun. And what can be inferred by such fruits.

People will in many instances interpret what is being said according to what they WANT to believe is being said, what is convenient for them, and that is why they will be held accountable for what they believe. The heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes we are.
But many people put their trust in other people rather than trusting what the bible says.

Jer. 17:5-6 Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes, But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, In a salt land which is not inhabited.

Jer. 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sad that there are not ears to hear what is being said.....it just falls on deaf ears. Just like with Jesus and how He was misunderstood, falsely accused......as well as His words being wilfully twisted and attempts made to entrap Him - so evil. Nothing new under the sun. And what can be inferred by such fruits.

People will in many instances interpret what is being said according to what they WANT to believe is being said, what is convenient for them, and that is why they will be held accountable for what they believe. The heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it.
But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
And nothing at all keeps sending him... ♪♪

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes we are.
These they call the blind leading the blind.
Praise God, Jesus came to make the blind see.
But time is running short and people need to have their eyes opened soon.
This isn't about any particular religion. All of them have their faults.
All the sheep listen to many different voices in many different denominations.
I haven't found a perfect religion yet on this earth.
But the doctrine in the bible according to the words Jesus spoke and the Gospel Paul was given to speak,
These are infallible.
Most if not all believe that the bible is not infallible and they can justify themselves whatever fits their religion.

Ten Catholic Answers To “Why Do You Call Your Priests ‘Father’?”​

6. This indicates a problem with understanding the Bible – The Bible is not an infallible source book for rules and regulations. We don’t go through the Bible looking for particular prohibitions which we then take literally. The non-Catholic who uses this verse to challenge Catholics should be challenged in return. Does he take every prohibition in the Bible literally in his life?

And then it goes on with foolishness:
7. Ask the Bible Christian if he eats bacon, likes pork barbecue and plays football Quote this verse from Leviticus 11: “And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.” If every verse in the Bible is to be taken literally he can’t eat pork products or play football because a football is made from pigskin…
8.When the Bible Christian says “That is the Old Testament and doesn’t apply” ask him if he prohibits women and girls from wearing gold jewelry, pearls or braiding their hair Quote 1 Timothy 2:9 – “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes.
9, Ask if he makes women keep silent in church – Does his church have women ministers, teachers or readers? I Corinthians 14.34 says, “Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.” If he allows the eating of pork, the playing of football, and allows women to wear gold, pearls, braid their hair and speak in church isn’t that much worse than Catholics calling their priests “Father”?
10. All Christians pick and choose which parts of the Bible they will obey literally – This leads naturally to the question of authority–which should be the main discussion in all apologetics with non Catholic Christians. Who says which verses in the Bible you take literally and which ones you don’t? For that matter, who says which beliefs in the Bible you need to follow and which you can explain away? Who says which moral teachings are in the Bible and which are not? How do they decide? Are they following a particular religious teacher? Isn’t that what Jesus warned against?

Catholics have the answer because the church–not one individual–is the right and proper interpreter of the Sacred Scripture. The whole church alive in the world today and down through the ages offers the interpretative authority by which we decide which parts of the Bible we take literally and which we do not.

And so said Eve to herself (the church) when she listened to the serpent say: Hath God surely said? ...

The church is not the head. Jesus is the head. All people should listen to the head and not the body.
And when the body begins to make decisions for the head, it's time to come out of that religion.
And they ALL do it.

Hugs
Amen.

And the fact is, anyone first of all needs to HAVE the Spirit in order to begin to get some inkling of what the Spirit is saying through the word. Thus they need to RECEIVE.......Christ and His gospel.....not just hear about it by the hearing of the ear, but come to Him to RECEIVE it. (And it's concerning if those who call themselves Christian can't tell the difference.)

Otherwise unfortunately it is at best like the unbelieving Jews....serving a dead letter (if only they would at least actually do that, instead of serving the thoughts and philosophies of the polluted mess that man makes of it all, because the truth is they are hardly even serving God's letter, sadly).