What is New Testament Holiness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christianity is not a step you do after you are saved., as in self effort that you wrongly define as "obedience to God"... @Episkopos

Paul says..>"i die daily", and you carnally remodel this teaching as.>"look at all im doing". "me, me, me me......>ME".

Listen, Christianity is to be Joined To God.

That's it.

However.....Discipleship, is what we do, because we have already received the Life of God, proven by being born again.
See, the only singular proof of being a Christian, is to be born again.

Christianity, regarding discipleship, is not you doing it......Its God doing it through us.

Here is what Jesus says to people who are a Christian, but are trying to DO Christianity, as if its a performance based religion.

"Apart from me, you can Do nothing"... Jesus says.

And to be "apart from Jesus", as a believer, is to be trying by self effort, to STRIVE to righteousness and Christ Likeness.

That is exactly the opposite of CHRISTianity. and the Opposite of Paul's Doctrine.
You lie and twist what I say to justify your ego. This is all about you. And you use my doctrines...and then say they are yours when you realize that I'm speaking the truth. Anybody can ape an ideology. I know that you know nothing of what you speak. You are merely wanting to be covered in your sin.

I have to be careful that I'm not informing ideological religionists how to fake their way into having people believe they know more than they do. It's a hazard that goes with the job of teaching doctrine. The religious ones get worse and worse...but the humble ones get more understanding. That's why I persist in the face of such contrariness of religious egos.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You lie and twist what I say to justify your ego.

Your posts, videos, and Threads, all point to your self effort to try to "do righteousness"..

Your Legalism speaks for itself, everytime you try to teach using a public forum, be it video, or otherwise.... @Episkopos

You give No Credit to God for the Cross of Christ ...which is the only reason any are allowed to be restored to Spiritual Union with God.
And if you now come and want to THREAD about the CROSS, its because ive pointed you out, and you need to do some "damage control".

Well, you can try, but it wont help.
Believe it.

All your Threads, stick a finger in the Eye of anyone but yourself, as if noone but you, has any reason or right to be HERE.

You are alone in your little self righteous Castle, hurling your false innuendo and bizarre theology at the Forum, at Youtube, and at the world at large.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You just taught that Jesus who died for the sin of the world ... John 3:16, .. and this is the GRACE of God..........

No its not. I know this is wasted on you but...The grace is the resurrection life part. WE experience the power of the cross as a further act of grace once we have received the initial grace as a free gift...AS WE GO TO GOD IN A FULL SURRENDER. That is how we BUY the oil, the eye salve, the pearl of great price...etc. Read the bible.

We only receive from God by faith... unless we do it with a whole heart we get nothing. We are still double minded.
You just said that God does this to "see what we will do with it"..

We are on trial. We (I don't think you have been called to the higher walk...obviously....but to those who have) are to run to win the race of faith and faithfulness.
That's theologically insane theology, in my opinion.

Thank you. Coming from you, that is a confirmation I'm doing exactly right. :)
As the fact is, God saved us because God wants family, and God wants NOONE in Hell.

You dont seem to be very informed, regarding what is going on down here, @Episkopos.

Here is the Love of God...

God understood that Adam was going to exercise His free will, against God's Word.
And because God made Adam and Eve,... and now its multiplied billions of "fallen Adamic" later.......
God took responsibility, placed the responsibility upon Himself for the situation, and that is Why God came here as a Human, Virgin born, and went to The Cross.

This is God taking responsibility for us all by providing the means so that we can be rescued, redeemed, and restored back to God.

That is the Purpose of the Cross of Christ.
It's about HOW this is being done. We all realize that God is love.

But what part of us does He love? You and others here think that God loves us IN our sin. All I have said is that He loves the sin OUT of us. And you react with an effusion of carnal indignation at this. Why? Because you live according to the flesh.

But you are exactly wrong about God. And exactly wrong about how important your ideological beliefs are to God. He is looking for faith...not your religious self-aggrandizement.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your posts, videos, and Threads, all point to your self effort to try to "do righteousness"..

I have to have great patience to try instructing you. We have to read the bible for ourselves...not just listen to online preachers.

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

How do we sow to ourselves in righteousness? We DO righteousness...as Peter says, as Jesus says, as even Paul says...but you can't understand anything beyond ONE idea..an idee fixe.

Paul says we are to be instructed in righteousness...from the OT...but you can't.

Read the
green part in the above verse....over and over until you realize this is about OUR disposition. Our behaviour...doing what is right with what God has given to us, whether great or little. Then read about the higher walk in the blue. We are to sow in righteousness and seek the Lord till we come under His grace...translated into Zion to walk as Jesus walked. God rains down His righteousness upon us as an anointing...giving us the power to fulfill the law. (As Paul testifies to) That is called being UNDER grace.

You understand NEITHER standard of God. You still don't know His ways (plural). You deny BOTH righteousness AND holiness.

The beautiful part is that you can't see it. Your ego is in the way. I think it is God's righteousness that allows you to miss the truth. No ego should DARE to try standing before God. Humble yourself.

Your Legalism speaks for itself, everytime you try to teach using a public forum, be it video, or otherwise.... @Episkopos

You give No Credit to God for the Cross of Christ ...which is the only reason any are allowed to be restored to Spiritual Union with God.

All your Threads, stick a finger in the Eye of anyone but yourself, as if noone but you, has any reason or right to be HERE.

I recognize the humility of a child-like faith. You call that legalism. I also honour God and His offer to us of a higher walk with Him in Zion. You call that legalism. I showed you a childlike humility...you didn't dance. I showed you a higher walk in holiness...you didn't repent. A perfect Pharisee. A time capsule really...
You are alone in your little self righteous Castle, hurling your false innuendo and bizarre theology at the Forum, at Youtube, and at the world at large.

See yourself yet?

It could be that some Mod is going to try to rescue you, and ban some of use.

But maybe they have now become aware of you and your theology that is so harmful to real believers.
I don't have a theology...that's for religious ideologues such as yourself. I have doctrine and testimony.

You simply don't understand anything I say...or the bible for that matter. That's what happens when you read something to justify yourself instead of trying to understand what the writer is actually saying.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No its not. I know this is wasted on you but...The grace is the resurrection life part.

God's Grace started when God decided to become a Human, virgin born., and that was before Adam was created.

Christ on the Cross is the Grace of God.

It's Salvation.

We only receive from God by faith... unless we do it with a whole heart we get nothing. We are still double minded.

There are Christians who are absolutely carnal.

We are on trial. We (I don't think you have been called to the higher walk...obviously....but to those who have) are to run to win the race of faith and faithfulness.

Salvation is a Gift.
Eternal Life is a Gift
Going to Heaven, is based on redemption from Sin.
All of that, comes from God.

And now, the born again.....having all that.......each has a life to finish, a "race" a "course", and that is a daily Cross Bearing, self denial, regarding : selfishness, greed, ambition, and lust.

Life is a Test, for the saved or lost, but regarding the Christian, we are in a different walk then the world, having been"" called out and set apart" by Spiritual Birth.

But what part of us does He love? You and others here think that God loves us IN our sin.

Ive never said that... Ive never taught that.

The members here, who disagree with Legalism, understand that God has given us His Righteousness, so, the born again operate from that Eternal Life, Status., daily.
The Born again are always "in Christ" so, if we are moody, fearful, or happy and joyful......this makes no difference regarding who we have become "in Christ".

What i teach, is what Paul teaches........that we have been "made free from Sin", and are now "The Righteousness of God, In Christ".

We are now to "present our bodies as a living sacrifice to God, which is our reasonable service'..

It is certainly REASONABLE for the CHRISTian to be expected to give back their life to God, 24/7... who has given Eternal Life to the born again, based on the Blood Atonement.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply don't understand anything I say...or the bible for that matter. That's what happens when you read something to justify yourself instead of trying to understand what the writer is actually saying.
I disagree, we understand clearly what your saying

we are just not buying it. Because the word does nto support it

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree, we understand clearly what your saying

we are just not buying it. Because the word does nto support it
What word...the bible? Man, you have to read the bible. And then be honest. God doesn't reward you for lying and dishonesty. Do you realize you are NOT to bear a false witness? Do you realize that this is written in the bible?

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What word...the bible? Man, you have to read the bible. And then be honest. God doesn't reward you for lying and dishonesty. Do you realize you are NOT to bear a false witness? Do you realize that this is written in the bible?
coming from someone who bears false witness over and over again to people who disagree with him,

its amazing you would even think to try to tell others this is what they need to do.

Read the bible? It takes more than reading the bible. the pharisee could quote the OT word for word. yet they knew nothing about the bible

maybe thats your problem, you just read it, you don;t STUDY it

(Or you listen to men who tell you what to believe?)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have to have great patience to try instructing you. We have to read the bible for ourselves...not just listen to online preachers.

You are a Luke 11:35, who likes to give the faux impression that you are capable of teaching, truth.

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

How do we sow to ourselves in righteousness? We DO righteousness...as Peter says, as Jesus says, as even Paul says...but you can't understand anything beyond ONE idea..an idee fixe.

No person can do righteousness.
We can only receive it from God, as "imputed" and having it, we now exist in it., as "made righteous".
That's how we do it., who are born again.

Listen, you are still describing works.
And an unbeliever...... can do all the same works you can do.
You have some Legalism mindset that informs you with this error....>"A Christian's works are now righteous".
But that is not true.
They, the works, are just as they were before a person becomes a Christian.
There are NT disciples of Christ who are doing Christ's works, and He tells them...>"depart from me, i never knew you".
See.....
Its the PERSON who is Changed, by being born again as "made Righteous".
The works are not changed....They are still just works....nothing more.

Paul says we are to be instructed in righteousness...from the OT...but you can't.

Like Paul, all the real believers have become...>"the Righteousness of God, in Christ".
And having become this......and no longer under the OT Law, we "present our bodies as a sacrifice to God"..

And doing that is not our righteousness, its only our Discipleship.

Salvation is not Discipleship.
Works can't make you righteous.
Only God can make you righteous., through the Cross of Christ.

God rains down His righteousness upon us as an anointing...giving us the power to fulfill the law. (As Paul testifies to) That is called being UNDER grace.

God does not save us so that we can go back to the Old Covenant.
To teach that is to teach : Galatians 1:8

In Fact...the Born again "are not under the law, but under Grace".

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW...for righteousness to every one who believes".

"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of the Law"

"The law is the power of sin".. "The Power of SIN..is THE LAW."

So, its Satan who wants you under the law, chasing the law, and obsessing on Keeping The Law.
That's His Gospel.....(one of them).

You call that legalism. I also honour God and His offer to us of a higher walk with Him in Zion

What i requested is that you name the Teacher who created this Phrase "A higher walk in Zion", as that is not taken from a Bible, that is created by your Teacher.
I noticed that you dont want to name your commentary writer/teacher.

I have doctrine and testimony.

You dont have Paul's Doctrine, but we agree that you do have a doctrine.
And ive asked you a few times to name the TEACHER, who wrote the commentaries, the "doctrine" that you teach.

He/she/It..... has a name, and its not found in the NT.

That's what happens when you read something to justify yourself instead of trying to understand what the writer is actually saying.

You try to do works of righteousness to pass some test you believe God is giving you..
So, that is very bizarre theology, and is not found as Christianity.

What the Real Christian believe, is that God came here to provide to us, as "the gift of Righteousness" the very righteousness that is His own, 'Christ's Righteousness"..... so that we can be accepted by God and restored into Spiritual Union with God., based on "The GIFT of Righteousness".

John 14:6, is the only way there.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of your teacung sounds good but then you conclude it a conflict between our righteousness and holiness. Our flesh wars against the Spirit and so we see a conflict there. But in Christ, our spirt finds no conflict.
Eph. 4:24 > to put on the new man, righteousness and holiness.<
Would you agree that this new creature is a creation by God, a gift AND COMPOSED OF God's righteousness and holiness? These are attribute of God, part of His nature. We just receive this new creature humbly and take care of it and follow. He says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt. 11:29-30

Righteousness and holiness are Christ's that He gives to us, it's imputed to us. We can't make ourselves holy - only God can. And it is Christ's righteousness that we wear, not our own.
The Jews failed to be rightwous and holy and so does all mankind. So we grow in knowledge and wisdom of His righteousness and holiness, become aware of it and wear it.
Holy means to be separate from sin. He separates us, by grace through faith.

We use this word holy to set aside particular days that are special, holi-days. Just special days set aside ... that is an example of our holiness apart from God. Tue Jews set aside the Sabbath to be holy and failed at that too.
His holiness is spiritual. Just as we can't cleanse ourselves of sin, we can't make ourselves holy. So when the Bible says be holy, we put on the attributes of Jesus, put on His yoke and follow Him. We emulate His righteousness, submit, surrender and obey. Gradually, in spiritual growth, with much prayer, cooperation, obedience, we become like Jesus, righteous and holy.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What i teach, is what Paul teaches........that we have been "made free from Sin", and are now "The Righteousness of God, In Christ".
From what you teach, is it possible for a born again believer to still commit sin? Or is it impossible for them to do so? Like having hatred in their heart (which Jesus points out is as bad as committing murder), or lusting over a woman (which Jesus states is committing adultery).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
From what you teach, is it possible for a born again believer to still commit sin?

Hello Venksta,

thx for the question..

1.) and....That's a very compound/complex question because the real answer..... is to understand that its the Law that defines us as a sinner, and our carnal deeds as sin.
So, that is the core of the 'sinning issue" = is that the Law empowers your flesh to think about sin, and want to do it more.

"Sin Consciousness"..

2.) The Curse of the Law. :

IS that its the power of sin....= the law
What does that mean?
It means that when you try to stop sinning, when you strive to resist sin, the LAW empowers your flesh to want it more.
That's like going underwater to try to breath. Its the wrong direction.
So, that is feeding the fire, and that is why people who are fighting sin, sin more.
These are the = "you have to keep the commandments and the law, so that God accepts you".
That's those people who are .. "sin... confess, repeat".. who are lost in Romans 7, without a map.

"well brother behold, ... see, '""""you are going to sin, its going to happen", "cause that is what i was taught by a heretic", and that is why i spent 40 yrs confessing sin, and can't stop"".....so far.

3.) Now, before i show you more, @Venksta ..... I need you to understand a basic universe spiritual principle.
Its this.
What you think you are, you are...
What you believe, you believe...
And Jesus said, what you believe you will do, become, and get.

So, when a person BELIEVES...."i am a sinner, just a saved sinner, and im going to sin"" then that is in fact their real FAITH.
And when you believe it, it happens, even when the belief can harm you until you die from your own twisted Faith.
These people believe they are going to "sin, confess" "sin, confess", and their faith is answered for 50 yrs, till they die.

Don't be that one......

So, the solution is not to fight sin, but its to be delivered from the Law, so that the "power of sin, that is the Law" can't empower your flesh any more into "sin Consciousness".

That is how you find deliverance over your flesh/lust.... as that is the revelation that starts the manifestation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hebrews Chapter 10 says..

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year= continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 """""For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscious of sin..:"

===================================================

4.) Now did you notice.. that The Law failed to do something.. ??????

It failed to remove = "sin consciousness".

See that?
And THAT is where the sin, flesh, lust, issue is found...
Its being conscious of sin.......in your mind.

So... what happens if you have no more of that in your head?
What happens if you are no longer "sin conscious" because you are : "not under the law but under Grace', as your REAL FAITH. ?

What happens when you learn to realize by revelation, that "Christ is the End of the Law" and now that the Law has no dominion over you, it can't define what you do is sin.... ever again?
So, once the born again believer understands this, then the sinfulness of sin is turned off.

5.) And THAT Revelation , is ..."Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the LAW".....

Now, how does that manifest as our Salvation?

A.) ALL the born again are "made righteous" and kept righteous by the same blood of Jesus that is the "one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

So, where do we exist now, regarding the Law and Commandments, as a CHRISTian?

"Where there is no law, there is no Transgression", and there will never again be a law's dominion over us, because..

"Christ is the END... OF>...THE>..LAW.....for RIGHTEOUSNESS, to/for everyone who believes'.

See that PLACE of Righteousness, where there is no Law?

That is : "IN Christ"... ."One with God"....

That is to be "BORN AGAIN", as a "new Creation".....

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Venksta,

thx for the question..

1.) and....That's a very compound/complex question because the real answer..... is to understand that its the Law that defines us as a sinner, and our carnal deeds as sin.
So, that is the core of the 'sinning issue" = is that the Law empowers your flesh to think about sin, and want to do it more.

"Sin Consciousness"..

What does that mean?
It means that when you try to stop sinning, when you strive to resist sin, the LAW empowers your flesh to want it more.
So, that is feeding the fire, and that is why people who are fighting sin, sin more.
These are the = "you have to keep the commandments and the law, so that God accepts you".
That's those people who are .. "sin... confess, repeat".. who are lost in Romans 7, without a map.

"well brother behold, ... see, '""""you are going to sin, its going to happen", "cause that is what i was taught by a heretic", and that is why i spent 40 yrs confessing sin, and can't stop"".....so far.

3.) Now, before i show you more, @Venksta ..... I need you to understand a basic universe spiritual principle.
Its this.

So, when a person BELIEVES...."i am a sinner, just a saved sinner, and im going to sin"" then that is in fact their real FAITH.
And when you believe it, it happens, even when the belief can harm you until you die from your own twisted Faith.
These people believe they are going to "sin, confess" "sin, confess", and their faith is answered for 50 yrs, till they die.

Don't be that one......

So, the solution is not to fight sin, but its to be delivered from the Law, so that the "power of sin, that is the Law" can't empower your flesh any more into "sin Consciousness".

That is how you find deliverance over your flesh/lust.... as that is the revelation that starts the manifestation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year= continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 """""For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscious of sin..:"

See that?

What happens if you are no longer "sin conscious" because you are : "not under the law but under Grace', as your REAL FAITH. ?

What happens when you learn to realize by revelation, that "Christ is the End of the Law" and now that the Law has no dominion over you, it can't define what you do is sin.... ever again?
So, once the born again believer understands this, then the sinfulness of sin is turned off.

5.) And THAT Revelation , is ..."Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the LAW".....

A.) ALL the born again are "made righteous" and kept righteous by the same blood of Jesus that is the "one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

"Where there is no law, there is no Transgress", and there will never again be a law's dominion over us, because..

"Christ is the END... OF>...THE>..LAW.....for RIGHTEOUSNESS, to/for everyone who believes'.

Thank you for taking the time to reply @Behold , I appreciate it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Venksta,

thx for the question..

"Sin Consciousness"..

What does that mean?

Its this.

Don't be that one......

See that?

"Where there is no law, there is no Transgress", and there will never again be a law's dominion over us, because..

You have a seared conscience...no longer able to see your sin for what it really is. Your whole religious scheme is just to mislabel everything to justify yourself. Destroying both holiness and righteousness in the process.

So many here do that very thing....

But I expose your heresy...as being carnal in the extreme.

Reactions: faithfulness