What is "OSAS"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but if you eat the bread if John 6 you will get what he promised

Why can’t you see the difference? I am honestly asking
I can't see the difference because there is no difference between the bread in John 6 and the bread He spoke of in the Last Supper and the daily bread we pray for in the Lords Prayer and the bread that Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians. YOU are making it different.....but it isn't.

It wasn't until the Protestant revolution that what you are saying started to be taught. The first 1,500 years of Christianity never said/taught what you are saying/teaching.

Honestly......;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the food?

What did Peter say?

You have the “words of eternal life”
Hmmm....So when Jesus equates himself to bread and tells us that we must eat this bread to have eternal life and he then shows us how to eat this bread and Paul equates eating that bread in an unworthy manner is sinning..............NONE of those are connected.

But in ONE vs Peter says that Jesus has the words for eternal life.....WITH PETER MAKING NO CONNECTION OR REFERENCE TO BREAD....You believe that Peter is saying that His words give us eternal life....not the bread that Jesus used to show us how to eat him and Paul saying the bread we eat IS him..........Peters NON-REFERENCE is your evidence?????????? Fascinating....

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul
Did not repeat word for word. Lol

Paul did not say eat and you will not die. Neither did Jesus at the last supper
Yup, at the Last Supper Jesus did not say "eat and you will not die". He said it in John 6....but that doesn't count...Does it?

Jesus did say the bread IS his body. Do you agree with Him?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do something and because you do it you will never die (think you took a miracle drug that heals you completely and because of it you will live forever)

How often do you have to do it in order to stay alive. If you already will never die? Why would you continue to eat it when you do not have to? And worse. Why do you not believe it will give you eternal Life?

See the issue?
How often do you have to "chew on Scripture" to have eternal life? Daily? Once a week? Monthly?

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well jesus said in John 6 we have that assurance. He said we will never die we will live forever. We will never hunger or thirst

If that is not assurance I do not know what is

So do I listen to Jesus or some church that think they know better?
This might catch readers up on what is being discussed in John 6. Full chapter linked.

Notice the one of many constants in that teaching.
God has everything to do with calling whom he will to his truth,first. And then those whom he calls are made able to understand the word of The word.

Immanuel=Jesus=God, is the bread of life. The blood,drink,of eternal life. Why?Because all things,including us,are of and from God. Salvation is being saved from the illusion of this subjective reality that is sinful, i.e. made separated from that understanding. Salvation is moving past that veil of illusion and ,like the scales that fell from Paul's eyes, seeing the truth of God in Christ.

Eating the things of this world,bread that can spoil,drinking wine that can sour, are proofs eternity is not present in this material subjective realm. All is vanity.

I.E. all by our natural conscious perception,is here to be used by us,to serve our desires,and sustain our living day to day.

We witness foods spoiling, wine turning sour,wells going dry. And the flesh falling ill or ceasing to be. Impermenance.

For a worldly,flesh,consciousness,that is life in the flesh. Which is a condition that is perpetuated throughout the human species as we are born and are raised to that understanding.

Which is why only God can pierce that veil and move our mortal worldly consciousness unto spiritual union of understanding. Because all is of and from God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

I didn’t create these works. God prepared them in advance for me to complete (Eph. 2:10). They’re not MY works so I have no reason to boast.

Eph 2: 10 is works that SAVED PEOPLE do BECAUSE THEY ARE SAVED

they are NOT WORK that we do to KEEP SAVED

Nice try, Saying they are, IS ADDING WORKS!!
WRONG again.

The same Paul who wrote this verse (Gal. 5:6) also wrote the following:
1 Cor. 13:2

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

I must give love - or my faith is worthless.
well yeah. What good is my faith to serve people if I have not love, its meaningless

But we are not talking those works. we are talking faith that saves. I have no capacity to love anyone while I am still dead in sin. I must be born again first. That is by GRACE THROUGH FAITH
The Bible repeatedly warns against the false Protestant invention of OSAS,

The Scriptures make it crystal clear that a born-again person can LOSE his secure position by his OWN doing . . .

(Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)
Yeah yeah (rolls eyes)

the bible warns about those who think they can go to God with their works.

Jesus will say depart from me for I NEVER KNEW YOU

I pray that will not be you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s because I’ve never lied on this forum.
I never said you did now did I? why are you always so angry?

They match up with everything the Apostles were taught by Christ – which is more than I can say for Protestant heresies like Sola Scriptura and Sola Finde . . .
Instead you would rather follow the teaching of men

That's fine, your allowed.

But don't judge us who have studied the word and learn to rightly divide it

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't see the difference because there is no difference between the bread in John 6 and the bread He spoke of in the Last Supper and the daily bread we pray for in the Lords Prayer and the bread that Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians. YOU are making it different.....but it isn't.

It wasn't until the Protestant revolution that what you are saying started to be taught. The first 1,500 years of Christianity never said/taught what you are saying/teaching.

Honestly......;)
lolol

Jesus aid you will never die in john 6

he never said that at the last supper. and paul never said it

protestant revolution?? lol. I do not listen to men like you..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm....So when Jesus equates himself to bread and tells us that we must eat this bread to have eternal life and he then shows us how to eat this bread and Paul equates eating that bread in an unworthy manner is sinning..............NONE of those are connected.

But in ONE vs Peter says that Jesus has the words for eternal life.....WITH PETER MAKING NO CONNECTION OR REFERENCE TO BREAD....You believe that Peter is saying that His words give us eternal life....not the bread that Jesus used to show us how to eat him and Paul saying the bread we eat IS him..........Peters NON-REFERENCE is your evidence?????????? Fascinating....

Mary
Jesus said the bread gives life

Jesus said his flesh and blood will give life

jesus said it is the spirit who gives life. the words he speak are spirit and life.

Peter said he understood that, (unlike everyone else who left thinking he met his real flesh and blood, like you do by the way) By saying he had the words of life.

the life giving bread, the life giving flesh and blood.

It is the gospel which gives life.. Not some pagan ritual

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, at the Last Supper Jesus did not say "eat and you will not die". He said it in John 6....but that doesn't count...Does it?

Jesus did say the bread IS his body. Do you agree with Him?
well yeah it would matter

if I tell you eat and you will not die

then tell you to continue to eat. and maybe you will not die

I am not saying the same thing am I?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How often do you have to "chew on Scripture" to have eternal life? Daily? Once a week? Monthly?
How many times do you have to take a miracle drug that if you eat you will live forever?

1 time, 2 times, a million times.

at which point does the words, you will never die, stop having meaning?

do you know why you need to be made alive? What makes you dead? Why did Jesus die for us?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not bashing anyone.

I am just trying to get them to explain to me how the bread that gives life which jesus said eat and you will nto die. changed to we must eat over and over, and we may not die..
Read your rude posts to members and I suggest they do the same...and stop being a hypocrite.....as your always telling me not to get nasty..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 2: 10 is works that SAVED PEOPLE do BECAUSE THEY ARE SAVED

they are NOT WORK that we do to KEEP SAVED

Nice try, Saying they are, IS ADDING WORKS!!
Only IF you believe in the 16th century Protestant invention that is OSAS.

The Bible debunks this fallacy. We must remain faithful or LOSE our secure position . . .
(Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)

The woks in Eph. 2:0 that God prepared for us are as much a part of our faith as belief and surrender.

well yeah. What good is my faith to serve people if I have not love, its meaningless

But we are not talking those works. we are talking faith that saves. I have no capacity to love anyone while I am still dead in sin. I must be born again first. That is by GRACE THROUGH FAITH
According to Jesus – love includes works (Matt. 25:36-41).

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
Yeah yeah (rolls eyes)
the bible warns about those who think they can go to God with their works.
Jesus will say depart from me for I NEVER KNEW YOU
I pray that will not be you
The verses I showed you were about born again Christians in danger of LOSING their secure position – NOT about people trying to save themselves through their own works.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said you did now did I? why are you always so angry?
YOU are a LIAR.

In post #554 - YOU stated
“Yet you can not even repent when you are caught in a lie..”

It’s like a disease with you . . .

Instead you would rather follow the teaching of men
That's fine, your allowed.
But don't judge us who have studied the word and learn to rightly divide it
YOU follow the teachings of men who invented doctrines in the 16tg century with NO valid Authority.

I follow what the Scriptures – that the Word of God is NOT bound solely by what is written.
The Bible itself tells us that sacred Tradition is ON PAR with Scripture:

2 Thess 2:15

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

• Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.