What is "OSAS"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying we can live a sinful life and still be Christians?
Is that what you want to do?

It means that if you've been born again from God, that you will never be "unborn". However, the detractors if OSAS will apply it to those who have disengenuously made some profession of faith, "said a prayer", and though nothing spiritually changed for them, the claim is made, "Now you are saved/Now I am saved", and the matter is considered settled.

Much love!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It means that if you've been born again from God, that you will never be "unborn". However, the detractors if OSAS will apply it to those who have disengenuously made some profession of faith, "said a prayer", and though nothing spiritually changed for them, the claim is made, "Now you are saved/Now I am saved", and the matter is considered settled.

Much love!
Well, I think it's that they somehow think "OSAS" is some sort of license to continue sinning willfully... and to continue in disobedience... which is quite ridiculous connection to make. :) And, at the very least, they think the gifts and the calling of God are revocable, which is in direct opposition to... well, all of Scripture, but particularly Romans 11:29: "...the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."

Grace and peace to all.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think it's that they somehow think "OSAS" is some sort of license to continue sinning willfully... and to continue in disobedience... which is quite ridiculous connection to make. :) And, at the very least, they think the gifts and the calling of God are revocable, which is in direct opposition to... well, all of Scripture, but particularly Romans 11:29: "...the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."

Grace and peace to all.
I think the counter to OSAS, that is, salvation which is contingent on you doing something, or continuing to do something, becomes a system of "performance under threat". It seems some think that the internal impetus of the Holy Spirit within leading us into maturity and good works is insufficient, and that we need to be threatened with death to make us obey.

Much love!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Read the words of the proponents of this false teaching:

Sam Morris, a Baptist preacher in Stamford, Texas wrote a little tract explaining that all the sins one may commit cannot harm the soul or cause the person to be lost. Look at the quote: “We take the position that a Christian's sins do not damn his soul. The way a Christian lives, what he says, his character, his conduct, or his attitude toward other people have nothing whatever to do with the salvation of his soul... All the prayers a man may pray, all the Bibles he may read, all the churches he may belong to, all the services he may attend, all the sermons he may practice, all the debts he may pay, all the or-dinances he may observe, all the laws he may keep, all the benevolent acts he may per-form will not make his soul one whit safer; and all the sins he may commit from idolatry to murder will not make his soul in any more danger... The way a man lives has nothing whatever to do with the salvation of his soul... The way I live has nothing whatsoever to do with the salvation of my soul." (Do a Christian’s Sins Damn His Soul?)

Bill Foster, Baptist preacher in Louisville, KY commented: "If I killed my wife and mother and debauched a thousand women, I couldn't go to hell -- in fact, I couldn't go to hell if I wanted to. If on the judgment day, I should find that my loved ones are lost and should lose all desire to be saved, and should beg God to send me to hell with them, He couldn't do it" (The Weekly Worker, March 12, 1959).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, but as it is written, "Whoever has been born of God does not sin." In other words, by definition, one who is saved, having been born of God, "does not sin."

To which many seeing some who say they are saved continuing in sin, do not understand. To make matters worse, there are those who are not saved, but claim to be for a variety of reasons. This then begs the question, "If both the saved and the unsaved seem to sin, who is saved and who is not?" The answer is only eluded to in scripture, and certainly has eluded many. But the answers are indeed there. As Jesus clarified, "The kingdom of God does not come by observation" and "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” By this word from Christ, why would anyone think that the saved person is even visible?

That's simply not how salvation works. Many are simply confused and do not know all that is written.

Along the same lines, many are equally confused about this statement by Jesus, who also said, "Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left." Many will say this is the rapture--and it is. But it is also how salvation comes: The one who is taken is born of God and no longer of this world. Paul also referred to this, saying, "we who are alive and remain", meaning alive in God but remaining in the flesh and in this world. Thus, the one who is "left" is that one not born of God, but born of the flesh and of women.

Take note: After the confusion following the Tower of Babel, came the flood. The next confusion/flood event is not by water, but by fire, that is to say, by the spirit.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really dumb question!

Much love!
Reminds me of Universalism, a very dangerous doctrine.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the words of the proponents of this false teaching:

Sam Morris, a Baptist preacher in Stamford, Texas wrote a little tract explaining that all the sins one may commit cannot harm the soul or cause the person to be lost. Look at the quote: “We take the position that a Christian's sins do not damn his soul. The way a Christian lives, what he says, his character, his conduct, or his attitude toward other people have nothing whatever to do with the salvation of his soul... All the prayers a man may pray, all the Bibles he may read, all the churches he may belong to, all the services he may attend, all the sermons he may practice, all the debts he may pay, all the or-dinances he may observe, all the laws he may keep, all the benevolent acts he may per-form will not make his soul one whit safer; and all the sins he may commit from idolatry to murder will not make his soul in any more danger... The way a man lives has nothing whatever to do with the salvation of his soul... The way I live has nothing whatsoever to do with the salvation of my soul." (Do a Christian’s Sins Damn His Soul?)

Bill Foster, Baptist preacher in Louisville, KY commented: "If I killed my wife and mother and debauched a thousand women, I couldn't go to hell -- in fact, I couldn't go to hell if I wanted to. If on the judgment day, I should find that my loved ones are lost and should lose all desire to be saved, and should beg God to send me to hell with them, He couldn't do it" (The Weekly Worker, March 12, 1959).
How utterly bizarre! What a Satanic doctrine!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but as it is written, "Whoever has been born of God does not sin." In other words, by definition, one who is saved, having been born of God, "does not sin."

To which many seeing some who say they are saved continuing in sin, do not understand. To make matters worse, there are those who are not saved, but claim to be for a variety of reasons. This then begs the question, "If both the saved and the unsaved seem to sin, who is saved and who is not?" The answer is only eluded to in scripture, and certainly has eluded many. But the answers are indeed there. As Jesus clarified, "The kingdom of God does not come by observation" and "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” By this word from Christ, why would anyone think that the saved person is even visible?

That's simply not how salvation works. Many are simply confused and do not know all that is written.

Along the same lines, many are equally confused about this statement by Jesus, who also said, "Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left." Many will say this is the rapture--and it is. But it is also how salvation comes: The one who is taken is born of God and no longer of this world. Paul also referred to this, saying, "we who are alive and remain", meaning alive in God but remaining in the flesh and in this world. Thus, the one who is "left" is that one not born of God, but born of the flesh and of women.

Take note: After the confusion following the Tower of Babel, came the flood. The next confusion/flood event is not by water, but by fire, that is to say, by the spirit.
Please don't tell me that Christians cannot sin!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Saved" is what you aim for, when you don't understand how dart boards work; "quickened" is what you aim for, once you realize that the higher score on the dart board, comes from harder shots.

In terms of faith, "harder shots" means better prayer, more faith, more servitude.

None of this makes sense, if you don't have the fundamentals, and in a certain sense, it is better to just learn to be appreciative to God, for Salvation, than to go off and try to do everything under the sun (all at once).

The point is, if you know what Salvation was and what it is now that you believe, you will never willingly go back to the way you were.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't tell me that Christians cannot sin!
1 John 1:8 - f we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL false religions and cults that promote salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS which has always been a major red flag for me.
Might wanna let pope francis and the all inclusive know this .
They try and teach it dont matter what religion one is , so long as they have love and do good works .
I sure hope folks can see the LIE in that mess of a whopper .
Folks cant go about it by their own merits . And any love that says otherwise aint COMING FROM GOD .
Folks , we might want to get busy reminding all that has breath that there IS NO SALVATION
in any other religion or etc . That if one wants to be saved , THEY BETTER BELIEVE IN THE CHRIST JESUS OF GOD .
And we better make sure its not some other jesus , some other gospel we been buying into .
BIBLES .

Status
Not open for further replies.