What is Prophecy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Scripture does not say this has come to pass.
Of course it has come to pass. The incarnation of Christ through the virgin birth, followed by His death, burial, and resurrection, is the fulfillment of that prophecy. Satan's head was crushed at the cross, even while Christ was nailed to that tree.

Reactions: David in NJ

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course it has come to pass. The incarnation of Christ through the virgin birth, followed by His death, burial, and resurrection, is the fulfillment of that prophecy. Satan's head was crushed at the cross, even while Christ was nailed to that tree.
It has not come to pass literally.

It has come to pass spiritually.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has not come to pass literally. It has come to pass spiritually.
That is simply nonsensical. I guess you have a lot to learn. As I said in another post we are seeing more and more strange and BIZARRE ideas on Christianity Board.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is simply nonsensical. I guess you have a lot to learn. As I said in another post we are seeing more and more strange and BIZARRE ideas on Christianity Board.
So you, as someone who believes the Bible literally, believe that Genesis 3:15 has come to pass literally.

Would you care to cite the Scriptures which show that Genesis 3:15 has come to pass literally?

For a start, of course, you'll have to locate the actual snake that God was talking to.

But I'm sure you'll be able to.

And you can teach me how, as I have a lot to learn.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Scripture does not say this has come to pass.
Yes, it does:

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Is 53)

And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth. (Is 53)

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Scripture shows how Gen 3 with Is 53, is fulfilled by Jesus in Acts 8.

It would have been a good question, if asked, rather than just another untrue statement about prophecy, from someone that doesn't believe in all prophecy of Scripture.

The Holy Spirit will only guide into all truth of Scripture, those that believe all Scripture as written, and are not trying to show how some Scriptures don't really mean what they say.

And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, it does:

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Is 53)

And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth. (Is 53)

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Scripture shows how Gen 3 with Is 53, is fulfilled by Jesus in Acts 8.

It would have been a good question, if asked, rather than just another untrue statement about prophecy, from someone that doesn't believe in all prophecy of Scripture.

The Holy Spirit will only guide into all truth of Scripture, those that believe all Scripture as written, and are not trying to show how some Scriptures don't really mean what they say.

And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.
So you, as someone who believes the Bible literally, believe that Genesis 3:15 has come to pass literally.

Would you care to cite the Scriptures which show that Genesis 3:15 has come to pass literally?

For a start, of course, you'll have to locate the actual snake that God was talking to.

Literally.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the entire Bible is written under divine revelation, and all of it is written by the Holy Spirit (who is the Spirit of prophecy also), it is indeed "the testimony of Jesus".
Excellent point. Very good in several ways.

1. Christ the Word has watched all things come to pass from the beginning with God, and so all Scripture is testimony of Jesus, of most all things He has watched from beginning to the end.

2. The spirit of prophecy is therefore the testimony of Jesus given to His prophets, of what shall come to pass.

3. To disanull any prophecy of what Jesus says shall come to pass, is to call Him a liar about something, that He has not seen come to pass since the beginning.

Thanks much. I've wondering about the exact teaching of the Scripture with the spirit of prophecy. Your use of it for the Lord's omniscience, I say, reveals it's full meaning.

So, when quoting prophecy of Scripture, we can say Jesus testifies these thing shall come to pass, because He sees it, before He testifies of it.

And so, as Scripture says, Jesus is indeed the faithful and true witness!

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.

Therefore all prophecies -- including the prophecy of the Millennium -- shall surely come to pass.
Refreshing. A believer in all prophecy of Scripture.

After all the unbelief and symbolic games being played with the things Jesus testifies shall come to pass, it's refreshing to see a believer simply say they shall all come to pass.

The Millennium is mentioned in "the Revelation of Jesus Christ", which is also the testimony of Jesus.
True. The thousand years is testified by Jesus many times in Rev 20, and so it is called His Millennium.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Literally.
I don't bother with the insincere.

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Your challenge is met, and your wrong statement was corrected, and so you resort to typical children's games.

But of course, I've learned with people like you, that neither the answer nor the correction is for you, but for the sake of truth itself.

As I said, it would have been a good and honest question, if asked with sincerity, rather than just another failed game of gotcha.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching anything about the prophesied last days and Millennium of Christ and end of the world, must first begin with knowing what prophecy is in the first place.

Right?

I mean, if someone says prophecy of Scripture, is not prophecy at all, then anyone can start teaching their own prophecy, as that of God.

Therefore, once again, the obvious must first be taught by Scripture, in order to rightly divide the word of truth, and teach only what God is prophesying, and not what man wants to prophecy:

1. What does God define as prophecy:

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

First, a prophet is someone speaking in the name of the Lord.

Second, he is speaking of something, that he says shall come to pass.

If Scripture says something shall come to pass, is it not prophecy of Scripture?

2. How is prophecy of God given to His prophets?

And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

And so, I must conclude that God's prophecies are of what shall come to pass, and that God gives His prophecies to His prophets by vision and dream.

Unless of course, there's something wrong with this reasoning of what we can all read in Scripture.

Currently, it is proclaiming the Gospel = all of it

'All of it' includes His Return = Return of the KING

Reactions: robert derrick

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't bother with the insincere.

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Your challenge is met, and your wrong statement was corrected, and so you resort to typical children's games.

But of course, I've learned with people like you, that neither the answer nor the correction is for you, but for the sake of truth itself.

As I said, it would have been a good and honest question, if asked with sincerity, rather than just another failed game of gotcha.

You want to play games with Scripture and mock about the Lord being bruised, you can go elsewhere with kids your own age to do it.
Where did you find the snake?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Literally.
And so we see the end result of spiritualizing and symbolizing Scripture into empty air.

Jesus was literally bruised.

You want to make a mockery of it, then go where people like you think it's really smart.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And you can teach me how, as I have a lot to learn.
FYI - The Serpent that God was talking to has been cleary identified for us by the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;"
Revelation chapters 12 and 20

Reactions: robert derrick

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The same place we find Jesus being bruised as prophesied by Himself twice in Gen 3 and Isaiah 53, and confirmed in Acts 9.

Take you spiritualized mockery of Jesus' bruising elsewhere.
You didn't answer the question.

You claim to be literal, so where did you find the literal snake?

Reactions: WPM

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty much done with making mockery of Scripture, prophecy, and now the bruising of Jesus.

You people have gone too far in this area.

Goodbye.

Not so. The opposite is the truth. I am trying without success to get you to present biblical support for your claims, but all you can do when cornered is run.

You have nothing of any biblical worth to bring to the table. You are out of your depth. You cannot handle being challenged. All you have is childish insults and name-calling.

Reactions: covenantee
Status
Not open for further replies.