What is Prophecy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching anything about the prophesied last days and Millennium of Christ and end of the world, must first begin with knowing what prophecy is in the first place.

Right?

I mean, if someone says prophecy of Scripture, is not prophecy at all, then anyone can start teaching their own prophecy, as that of God.

Therefore, once again, the obvious must first be taught by Scripture, in order to rightly divide the word of truth, and teach only what God is prophesying, and not what man wants to prophecy:

1. What does God define as prophecy:

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

First, a prophet is someone speaking in the name of the Lord.

Second, he is speaking of something, that he says shall come to pass.

If Scripture says something shall come to pass, is it not prophecy of Scripture?

2. How is prophecy of God given to His prophets?

And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

And so, I must conclude that God's prophecies are of what shall come to pass, and that God gives His prophecies to His prophets by vision and dream.

Unless of course, there's something wrong with this reasoning of what we can all read in Scripture.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is prophecy of God?

Hopefully not prophecy where we have got to agree on every point of some users interpretation of Revelation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Did not God give our father Abraham prophecy of a promised child from his own seed, by a vision?

Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Did not God prophecy to Daniel the coming of Christ to earth, and what He will do, in a dream?

How then can any person say any prophecy of God, that he says shall come to pass, is not a prophecy of His, that shall not come to pass, because it a vision or a dream?

Just because we don't like certain prophecies of Scripture, doesn't mean we can erase or change them, by just claiming they aren't prophecy of God, much less aren't even prophecy at all.

This is how we can become dysfunctional about the Bible, if we refuse to believe what is written, and so say it's not, because we don't like what is clearly prophesied by God to come to pass.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is prophecy of God?

Hopefully not prophecy where we have got to agree on every point of some users interpretation of Revelation.
That's not agreeing with prophecy, but agreeing with anyone's interpretation of prophecy, which no one needs to do, unless we are convinced by it from Scripture ourselves.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

But to agree on interpretation of prophecy, we must at least be able to agree on what prophecy is in the first place, otherwise our so-called interpretation of prophecy, just becomes our own prophecy from our own minds.

And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.

If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the LORD, to do either good or bad of mine own mind; but what the LORD saith, that will I speak?

I have seen some people completely disannul or change certain prophecies of Scripture, by declaring them not to be prophesy at all, but only vision, and then go on to teach what they say shall come to pass.

That is first denying prophecy of God, and then prophesying one's own mind instead.

I actually prefer someone simply acknowledging they don't believe what is prophesied will come to pass, and then tell me what they say will instead.

It's at least honest, rather than doing so cloaked in some imaginative insight.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not agreeing with prophecy, but agreeing with anyone's interpretation of prophecy, which no one needs to do, unless we are convinced by it from Scripture ourselves.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

But to agree on interpretation of prophecy, we must at least be able to agree on what prophecy is in the first place, otherwise our so-called interpretation of prophecy, just becomes our own prophecy from our own minds.

And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.

If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the LORD, to do either good or bad of mine own mind; but what the LORD saith, that will I speak?

I have seen some people completely disannul or change certain prophecies of Scripture, by declaring them not to be prophesy at all, but only vision, and then go on to teach what they say shall come to pass.

That is first denying prophecy of God, and then prophesying one's own mind instead.

I actually prefer someone simply acknowledging they don't believe what is prophesied will come to pass, and then tell me what they say will instead.

It's at least honest, rather than doing so cloaked in some imaginative insight.
But... Much of the words of Jesus is written in metaphors or in biblical words, parables.

Metaphor - A figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money), - Definition of METAPHOR

This gives the power to a good preacher to bring out much wisdom out of a very small amount of scripture...

Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old. And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. - Matthew 13:51-53

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But... Much of the words of Jesus is written in metaphors or in biblical words, parables.

Metaphor - A figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money), - Definition of METAPHOR

This gives the power to a good preacher to bring out much wisdom out of a very small amount of scripture...

Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old. And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. - Matthew 13:51-53
Not sure what your point is, other than interpretations of symbols and metaphors is disciplined by all Scripture to interpret from, and some metaphors and symbols self-explanatory and also explained by Scripture. Especially many of Jesus' parables.

The problem is when symbols used in prophecy, are then used to do away with the prophecy itself, so people can teach their own.

Reactions: amigo de christo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what your point is, other than interpretations of symbols and metaphors is disciplined by all Scripture to interpret from, and some metaphors and symbols self-explanatory and also explained by Scripture. Especially many of Jesus' parables.

The problem is when symbols used in prophecy, are then used to do away with the prophecy itself, so people can teach their own.
It important, also, that those intending to interpret prophecy are not doing so to boost their own ego...

Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. - 1 Timothy 3:6

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It important, also, that those intending to interpret prophecy are not doing so to boost their own ego...

Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. - 1 Timothy 3:6
So long as Scripture is proving the interpretation, then it cannot be by boast, since it must be by the Spirit of truth.

There is no basting in being saved by grace, nor in right dividing of the word by the Spirit..

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Teaching anything about the prophesied last days and Millennium of Christ and end of the world, must first begin with knowing what prophecy is in the first place.

Right?

I mean, if someone says prophecy of Scripture, is not prophecy at all, then anyone can start teaching their own prophecy, as that of God.

Therefore, once again, the obvious must first be taught by Scripture, in order to rightly divide the word of truth, and teach only what God is prophesying, and not what man wants to prophecy:

1. What does God define as prophecy:

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

First, a prophet is someone speaking in the name of the Lord.

Second, he is speaking of something, that he says shall come to pass.

If Scripture says something shall come to pass, is it not prophecy of Scripture?

2. How is prophecy of God given to His prophets?

And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

And so, I must conclude that God's prophecies are of what shall come to pass, and that God gives His prophecies to His prophets by vision and dream.

Unless of course, there's something wrong with this reasoning of what we can all read in Scripture.
It is written that the testimony of JESUS is the Spirit of prophecy. Dont leave home without it.

Rev 19
Revelation 19:10
Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he [stopped me and] said to me, “You must not do that; I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers and sisters who have and hold the testimony of Jesus. Worship God [alone]. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy [His life and teaching are the heart of prophecy].”

So please quote what Jesus said about this future millennium of yours after his own teaching of his coming again.
I think you will find he implies the exact opposite.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is written that the testimony of JESUS is the Spirit of prophecy. Dont leave home without it.

Rev 19
Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he [stopped me and] said to me, “You must not do that; I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers and sisters who have and hold the testimony of Jesus. Worship God [alone]. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy [His life and teaching are the heart of prophecy].”

So please quote what Jesus said about this future millennium of yours after his own teaching of his coming again.
For the testimony of JESUS is the Spirit of prophecy.

The prophecies of Christ tell us what His Millennium is, beginning with His first one:

Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

He shall inherit all nations, when He comes again to judge the earth.

This is prophecy of His coming again to inherit all nations, after He has arisen from the dead.

God on His highest throne, does not arise but only descends:

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 19

Since you agree that all prophecy is that which God says shall come to pass, then all prophecies of God shall come to pass, even as they are written.

Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For the testimony of JESUS is the Spirit of prophecy.

The prophecies of Christ tell us what His Millennium is, beginning with His first one:

Quote something from Jesus own testimony after his advent the first time Lol.

Matthew 28:18
Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.

Ephesians 1:20-22

20 which He produced in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion [whether angelic or human], and [far above] every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and world but also in the one to come.

Acts 3
19 So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day]; 20 and that He may send [to you] Jesus, the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

When he appears a second time we have a NHNE, not a millennium.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you don't agree all prophecy of God shall come to pass, as written by the prophet of God.
Allow the testimony of Jesus to clarify them.

Mk 13
20 And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose [for Himself], He shortened the days. 21 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed)!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it; 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will provide signs and wonders in order to deceive, if [such a thing were] possible, even the elect [those God has chosen for Himself]. 23 But be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance.

The Return of Christ​

24 “But in those days, after [the suffering and distress of] that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory [in royal majesty and splendor]. 27 And then He will send out the angels, and will gather together His elect [those He has chosen for Himself] from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

Nobody else survives to populate your millennium

Lk 24
44 Then He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you, everything which has been written about Me in the [c]Law of Moses and the [writings of the] Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to [help them] understand the Scriptures, 46 and said, “And so it is written, that the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and that repentance [necessary] for forgiveness of sins would be preached in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

May the Lords own word open your understanding also.

1thess 4
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again [as in fact He did], even so God [in this same way—by raising them from the dead] will bring with Him those [believers] who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For we say this to you by the Lord’s [own] word, that we who are still alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede [into His presence] those [believers] who have fallen asleep [in death]. 16 For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the [blast of the] trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain [on the earth] will simultaneously be caught up (raptured) together with them [the resurrected ones] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord! 18 Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words [concerning our reunion with believers who have died].

Glorified all together in a twinkling of an eye at his coming.

Paul expands on this in his next letter to show you what happens to those who are not the glorified elect...,

2Thess 1
6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, 7 and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, 8 dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him]. 9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives].

:openmouth:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allow the testimony of Jesus to clarify them.

I aways do. I allow no man to clarify by giving his own personal prophecy, instead of Jesus' prophecy of Scripture.
Mk 13
20 And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose [for Himself], He shortened the days. 21 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed)!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it; 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will provide signs and wonders in order to deceive, if [such a thing were] possible, even the elect [those God has chosen for Himself]. 23 But be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance.
He shortens the days of persecution, to save some elect alive on earth at His coming again. And then false christs appear here and there, still on earth after the first resurrection.

The Return of Christ​

24 “But in those days, after [the suffering and distress of] that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory [in royal majesty and splendor]. 27 And then He will send out the angels, and will gather together His elect [those He has chosen for Himself] from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.
The Son comes a lightning shining from the east to west to receive His own into the air.

He then enters His house built for Himself with shining glory from the east. (Ezek 43)

Nobody else survives to populate your millennium
This is personal teaching only.

Lk 24
44 Then He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you, everything which has been written about Me in the [c]Law of Moses and the [writings of the] Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to [help them] understand the Scriptures, 46 and said, “And so it is written, that the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and that repentance [necessary] for forgiveness of sins would be preached in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

True.
May the Lords own word open your understanding also.

I have no interest in your understanding.
1thess 4
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again [as in fact He did], even so God [in this same way—by raising them from the dead] will bring with Him those [believers] who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For we say this to you by the Lord’s [own] word, that we who are still alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede [into His presence] those [believers] who have fallen asleep [in death]. 16 For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the [blast of the] trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain [on the earth] will simultaneously be caught up (raptured) together with them [the resurrected ones] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord! 18 Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words [concerning our reunion with believers who have died].

True.
Glorified all together in a twinkling of an eye at his coming.

True.
Paul expands on this in his next letter to show you what happens to those who are not the glorified elect...,

2Thess 1
6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you,
Those who purposely trouble the saints with temptation, deception, and persecution.

Christians that are upset everyone isn't just like them, are of the cult-type spirit, that even John displayed, when a certain village did not respond to them as he would have liked.

You're looking for a christ coming to destroy all people not like you, with fire come down out of heaven. That's the last great antichrist, not the Lord Jesus Christ coming again with clouds.

But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

The Lamb of God never comes just to destroy men's lives, but to save whosoever He can.

9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
These people being gathered to make war with the Lord.

Many Egyptians perished, along with Pharaoh and his armies, but not all Egyptians, so that one day both Egyptians and Assyrians will be allied with Israel under the King.

Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

His main purpose to come again and receive His own again to Himself, and during His Millennium there will be the great harvest of souls to God ever.

I reject your prophecy, and your spirit of prophecy, which is not the testimony of Christ in Scripture.

All prophecy of God is that which shall come to pass, and all prophecy of God shall come to pass:

And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east. So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.

And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More proof that all visions with prophecy are prophecy of God:

And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.

If the vision of the King's house is not prophecy, then the same vision at the beginning at Chebar has not prophecy, so that there is no prophecy of God at all in Ezekiel.

When people reject one prophecy of God, God's word shows they must not reject all prophecies of God, even as when rejecting one Scripture as true, they must reject all Scripture as truth of God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To know what prophecy is, must include knowing what prophecy is not.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Prophecy of God is not from the minds of men. It is not the ideas nor imaginations nor insights of men.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Prophecy of God is not the result of men's studies and research of Scripture going before, and then added to by learned men. It is not commentary of men on other Scriptures.

All prophecy and Scripture is by inspiration of God at the time of writing, at the time of being moved by the Spirit of Christ to do so.

Some people speak of prophecy and Scripture as being the conclusions of learned men, that they have learned from all Scripture gone before.

This is a carnal minded approach to reading Scripture and prophecy of God.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

When an apostle reveals certain prophecy of old has come to pass, it is not because he has figured it out, and says so, but because God inspires him at that moment to declare that certain prophecy has now come to pass.

No prophecy nor Scripture is ever written by a prophet or apostles, according to their own study and scholarship, but only by momentary inspiration of Christ, to write exactly what He says is so, hasc ome to pass, and shall come to pass.

My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Prophets and apostles of God, are only pens in the hands of the Writer. They are not commentators of Scripture.

False prophets, teachers, and apostles write with their own pens, from their own minds.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When anyone teaches that certain prophecy has already come to pass, because he thinks so, and applies it to Scripture, he is a false teacher of prophecy, based upon his own will.

If any old prophecy has come to pass, then Scripture already says so.

All other prophecy not said to come to pass yet, by Scripture, has not yet come to pass.

This prophecy has not yet come to pass, because Scripture does not say it has.

Those who try to say it is come to pass, whether symbolically, spiritually, on earth already, is a false teacher speaking only from their own mind.

All prophecy is what God says shall come to pass, and it shall even as written. If any prophecy is come to pass, Scripture says so. If Scripture does not say a prophecy has come to pass, it is not yet come to pass.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When anyone teaches that certain prophecy has already come to pass, because he thinks so, and applies it to Scripture, he is a false teacher of prophecy, based upon his own will.

If any old prophecy has come to pass, then Scripture already says so.

All other prophecy not said to come to pass yet, by Scripture, has not yet come to pass.

This prophecy has not yet come to pass, because Scripture does not say it has.

Those who try to say it is come to pass, whether symbolically, spiritually, on earth already, is a false teacher speaking only from their own mind.

All prophecy is what God says shall come to pass, and it shall even as written. If any prophecy is come to pass, Scripture says so. If Scripture does not say a prophecy has come to pass, it is not yet come to pass.
Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Scripture does not say this has come to pass.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since the entire Bible is written under divine revelation, and all of it is written by the Holy Spirit (who is the Spirit of prophecy also), it is indeed "the testimony of Jesus". Therefore all prophecies -- including the prophecy of the Millennium -- shall surely come to pass. The Millennium is mentioned in "the Revelation of Jesus Christ", which is also the testimony of Jesus. God has given us a sequence of events which lead up to the Millennium. And the Millennium is the prelude to the eternal reign of Christ (which is the Kingdom of God on earth) over all the nations of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.