What is the correct view on genesis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the heart is involved some way or another. Moses and David were shepherds -- and their sheep had to trust them. If Jesus is our shepherd, we have to trust him in our hearts.

Let me take up the matter of Jeconiah now who was meant to be a shepherd for God's people and wasn't.

Jeconiah was wicked. He was not the "seed of David" except in the physical sense. His heart was corrupt, and God passed judgment. What that passage doesn't tell us however is that he repented after being carried off in captivity in Babylon. (I don't even know if that's in the Bible; but I know the Jews say he repented.) The curse got removed; and there is a clue when the word signet is used again:

Haggai 2:23 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the Lord, and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the Lord of hosts.

When Jeconiah repented, he became again a son of David spiritually as well as in the flesh; and his son was a son of David too in both ways.

Remember the Jews who said they were children of Abraham and Jesus said they weren't?

The three kings omitted by Matthew were also wicked, not true sons of David spiritually. I love the story about Jeconiah since it shows that curses aren't eternal. People always have the chance to change. When I first read the passage in Jeremiah, I mistakenly thought the curse was eternal, forgetting the Mercy of God.
I’ve seen the Lord take up residence on a few hearts it’s rare but it does happen.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can tell you what I believe about those if you like. You're free to accept or reject my explanations, but I don't think it's safe to look at that list and say, "It looks absurd, but it must be true" without seeking an explanation. It does look absurd. It is absurd if we don't find what it means spiritually but want to insist on giving it the physical meaning in our imagination. Indeed it is false in historical terms, but it's true in spiritual terms. People reduce it to a meaningless list of people without any spiritual meaning, disobeying Paul:

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

I think the explanation about Jeconiah is beautiful. It explained for me why he was on that list. Should I give it?

If you are still willing; I would like to read it? Can’t promise I will understand since it is not something I’ve looked in to, but if I can’t maybe, another reading will.

Didn’t see your post above to waiting on Jeconiah ...reading it now. Thanks.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeconiah's curse is easily explained by the virgin birth of Christ. Christ was not of the physical line of Jeconiah. Thus the curse was still in place and not violated by Christ when He sits on the throne of David.

Stranger

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeconiah's curse is easily explained by the virgin birth of Christ. Christ was not of the physical line of Jeconiah. Thus the curse was still in place and not violated by Christ when He sits on the throne of David.

Stranger
Matthew 1: 12 and after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Matthew 1: 12 and after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

Isn't that Joseph's genealogy? Joseph adopted Jesus so it isn't Jesus' blood line.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV
[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:13-14 KJV
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. [14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Tecarta Bible

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV
[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Tecarta Bible
And when Jeconiah changed his mind, death and the curse were changed. Curses aren't there to punish people but to tell them they're on the wrong course. God is Love.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that Joseph's genealogy? Joseph adopted Jesus so it isn't Jesus' blood line.
That's the point, isn't it? People may read it that way, but it's not a blood line after the flesh. If we read it as being after the flesh, we'll think it has mistakes.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when Jeconiah changed his mind, death and the curse were changed. Curses aren't there to punish people but to tell them they're on the wrong course. God is Love.
Kutadadashatabaladosemekenitodupolamanabeshetigopenedimeshubelisodo...

Get 'im Holy Ghost; for he is judging and he will indeed be judged!

I must be on the wrong course, this I believe is the first time I’ve had a curse spoken over me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Waiting on him,

No, I am not stalking you; but when you quoted my post I got an alert: and I also felt that your statement bore the need of my response; because it pertained to me.

As for the tongues; I already gave the interpretation:

Get 'im Holy Ghost! For he has judged, and he will also indeed be judged!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Waiting on him,

No, I am not stalking you; but when you quoted my post I got an alert: and I also felt that your statement bore the need of my response; because it pertained to me.

As for the tongues; I already gave the interpretation:

Get 'im Holy Ghost! For he has judged, and he will also indeed be judged!
Ok thanks

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I said, Jechoniah's curse presents no difficulty. The virgin birth assures that.

But, you wanted a difficulty. You wanted something in the Bible that appears as wrong so that you could cast your doubt upon the Bible as the Word of God.
And your answers to any Biblical problem you present, always cast doubt on the written Word.

So, what is the next big difficulty?

Stranger

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, Jechoniah's curse presents no difficulty. The virgin birth assures that.

But, you wanted a difficulty. You wanted something in the Bible that appears as wrong so that you could cast your doubt upon the Bible as the Word of God.
And your answers to any Biblical problem you present, always cast doubt on the written Word.

So, what is the next big difficulty?

Stranger
Why is Rachel said to be weeping for her children when the Jews were not her descendants?

Matthew 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is Rachel said to be weeping for her children when the Jews were not her descendants?

Matthew 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

The term 'Jews' came to identify all people of Israel. And all are descended from Jacob. Just like at times one of Joseph's sons, Ephraim, name is taken to refer to all of the northern 10 tribes. But they are all one family. (Jer. 31:1).

The Southern Kingdom was always consisting of Judah, and Benjamin. But also, Levi would have been present in the priests and those who cared fro the Temple. By the time of Christ, there were all tribes represented though Judah and Benjamin would have been dominate.

Stranger