What is the Danger of New Age Contamination of Christian Spirituality?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is about something. It doesn't exist in a vacuum. If I asked you to tell the truth about the weather, for example, your verbal description should match the reality outside. So what is Jesus the Truth about?
I understand your logic, but I don't think your reasoning applies in this instance.

Jesus said He IS the truth, so the reasonable question would be "What does He mean by saying He is the truth?"

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your logic, but I don't think your reasoning applies in this instance.

Jesus said He IS the truth, so the reasonable question would be "What does He mean by saying He is the truth?"
If you think about it some more, the question might make more sense; but what do you think he meant?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think about it some more, the question might make more sense; but what do you think he meant?
Jesus didn't say that He was the truth...about something. So, your question is off track because it's based on something Jesus wasn't saying, not on what He actually said.

What you're talking about are facts based on scientific knowledge. Of course, Jesus wasn't saying that He was the facts about some academic discipline like meteorology.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't say that He was the truth...about something. So, your question is off track because it's based on something Jesus wasn't saying, not on what He actually said.

What you're talking about are facts based on scientific knowledge. Of course, Jesus wasn't saying that He was the facts about some academic discipline like meteorology.
I think you may have missed something important.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what's missing is THE question that no one can really answer. I mean we can try, but we never really explain it fully.

What is truth??
If you are sure there's no answer, you may be blocking something out.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are sure there's no answer, you may be blocking something out.
I said that no one can answer the question, i.e. fully explain what truth is.

There IS an answer. Jesus IS the truth.

Edit: If you want to know THE truth, know Jesus. If we prove to be His disciples (who are taught and molded by Him), then we will know the truth, and the truth will make us free.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forget it then.
Here's something I found helpful from gotquestions.org. This is from a longer article.

What Is Truth? - Conclusion

The question Pontius Pilate asked centuries ago needs to be rephrased in order to be completely accurate. The Roman governor’s remark “What is truth?” overlooks the fact that many things can have the truth, but only one thing can actually be the Truth. Truth must originate from somewhere.

The stark reality is that Pilate was looking directly at the Origin of all Truth on that early morning almost two thousand years ago. Not long before being arrested and brought to the governor, Jesus had made the simple statement “I am the truth” (John 14:6), which was a rather incredible statement. How could a mere man be the truth? He couldn’t be, unless He was more than a man, which is actually what He claimed to be. The fact is, Jesus’ claim was validated when He rose from the dead (Romans 1:4).

Source: What is truth? | GotQuestions.org

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an excerpt from an article titled "What Is Truth?"

...The Bible is indeed truth. But it’s important to understand how it defines “truth.” The late Dr. Alfred Jepsen,12 former professor of Old Testament at the University of Greisfwald, puts it this way: “Truth is that which is constant and unchangeable . . . something on which someone can rely, which will prove to be true in the future” (Jepsen 1977, in TDOT, p. 310)....

If you stop to ponder for a moment, this definition actually strengthens what truth means. You see, many people today understand “truth” simply as “something declared to be a fact by science.” The problem with this is that scientists can be wrong.15 There are many instances of scientific “truths” or beliefs published as “fact” in papers, journals, books, classroom textbooks, and the media, that later prove to be partially or completely erroneous. For example, prior to the famous discovery in 1938 of a living Coelacanth fish, scientists had previously thought and asserted that it had been extinct for millions of years.16

The Bible has a better and higher standard. It defines truth as being utterly reliable and enduring. The reason is simple: authentic, biblical truth is inextricably linked to the dependable, unchanging character of God. You can trust everything He says; He never lies; He always keeps His Word; He’s faithful to all His promises.

King David calls the Lord, “God of truth” (Psalm 31:520). And He most certainly is the source of “truth” in the modern sense of the word, since He cannot lie (Numbers 23:19; Romans 3:4; Titus 1:2). But more than this, and the very reason for His truthfulness, is that He’s completely faithful and reliable in all He does and says. It’s not simply because God is truthful, but because God is faithful and trustworthy in very nature that David is able to say with confidence:

Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth (Psalm 31:5)
Source: What Is Truth?