What is the first commandment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gets really upset when people are given their time to idols and not to Him. Read Ezekiel chapter 8 through 11.

Idolatry is basically worshiping an self made image. The people in Jerusalem were severely given into idol worship and God payed those who believe that He had abandoned the land rightly. God said there was 6 men to come and punish the city ; and God told them to go and defile the temple.

To put marks on those who were tired of the suffering because of defilement and sin, the ones with the mark made it out alive but those without where killed.

Hard stuff but real.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of God has shown me that I'm to put Him before all things. This is confirmed in commandment #1.
I worship the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not holy bible, nor the religious traditions of men.
I keep it simple. Anything else is stupid.

I agree but I was referring to the TEN commandments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's #1 on my list and in my heart. Continuing to argue with me would just be stupid.

the Bible does not say which one is the first
Or where the first ends and the second begins

that’s why I said from the “Bible alone”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry i mean of the Ten Commandments

ex 20

what is the first from the “Bible alone” please
You don't know the 10 commandments? Here is a good read:

The Ten Commandments

Moses received the Ten Commandments directly from God on Mount Sinai, written on two stone tablets. They assert the uniqueness of God, and forbid such things as theft, adultery, murder and lying. The Ten Commandments are equally important in Jewish and Christian traditions and appear in the Old Testament in Exodus and Deuteronomy.

Various Christian and Jewish traditions have different wordings for the Ten Commandments. They can be numbered differently. They appear in various forms in the Bible. This is a Christian version:

• I am the Lord thy God: thou shalt not have strange Gods before me
  • Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
  • Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day
  • Honour thy father and thy mother
  • Thou shalt not kill
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery
  • Thou shalt not steal
  • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
  • Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife
  • Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My desire is to know your point, @theefaith.

What is you are trying to bring forth that someone has not already shared here in this thread already?

What is the first commandment? The Bible alone has already been answered unless there is something you are not desiring to divulge for whatever reason.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the Bible does not say which one is the first
Or where the first ends and the second begins

that’s why I said from the “Bible alone”
Now you're just trying to frustrate me. I don't believe you're that stupid.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Ten Commandments

Moses received the Ten Commandments directly from God on Mount Sinai, written on two stone tablets. They assert the uniqueness of God, and forbid such things as theft, adultery, murder and lying. The Ten Commandments are equally important in Jewish and Christian traditions and appear in the Old Testament in Exodus and Deuteronomy.

Various Christian and Jewish traditions have different wordings for the Ten Commandments. They can be numbered differently. They appear in various forms in the Bible. This is a Christian version:

• Thou shalt not kill
  • Thou shalt not steal
Save your breath, Devon, this guy just wants to argue. But perhaps you want to argue. I'm kinda tired myself. Maybe I'll run into him again when I'm in a bad mood. Perhaps he's paid by the Board to keep us from getting bored. You never know these days...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Save your breath, Devon, this guy just wants to argue. But perhaps you want to argue. I'm kinda tired myself. Maybe I'll run into him again when I'm in a bad mood. Perhaps he's paid by the Board to keep us from getting bored. You never know these days...
Have you seen my pictures in the late night thread, I just posted them, check it out!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Ten Commandments

• Thou shalt not kill
  • Thou shalt not steal
But the fundamentalists don’t accept this cos it does not match ex 20

the Bible does say what the content of all ten is but it does not tell us what each one is

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fundamentalists don’t accept this cos it does not match ex 20

the Bible does say what the content of all ten is but it does not tell us what each one is
I have no idea what fundamentalist believe. I'm mostly Catholic.