What is the first commandment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all practical purposes Mary is worshipped. Here is a good example:

English Translation of the Salve Regina
Queen, mother of mercy
:
our life, sweetness, and hope, hail.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To you we sigh, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears.
Turn then, our advocate,
those merciful eyes
toward us.
And Jesus, the blessed fruit of thy womb,
after our exile, show us.
O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary.

Since Mary has been substituted for God and Christ in this hymn to Mary, what else is it other than worship?

Proving That Mary is not a goddess and this tittle does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

Only a heretical fundamentalists brainwashing can say so!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible does not say which one is the first
Or where the first ends and the second begins

that’s why I said from the “Bible alone”
Considering Christ said the first great commandment is to love God, the first commandment would obviously be the one prohibiting idolatry, seeing as though the violation of the other 9 commandments stem from people worshiping a false god of some kind, especially if it's their own reasoning. The Bible does in fact state where the first commandment ends and where the second one begins because God follows verse 3 by getting more specific in verses 4-5 about how people are not to physically portray Him in any way and for any reason, especially as a worship aid.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering Christ said the first great commandment is to love God, the first commandment would obviously be the one prohibiting idolatry, seeing as though the violation of the other 9 commandments stem from people worshiping a false god of some kind, especially if it's their own reasoning. The Bible does in fact state where the first commandment ends and where the second one begins because God follows verse 3 by getting more specific in verses 4-5 about how people are not to physically portray Him in any way and for any reason, especially as a worship aid.

nowhere does it say, this is the first
This is the second
It has all ten yes but not specific for each one
Chapters and verses are not scripture but added later by the tradition of men yet no one has a problem with that?