What is the good news?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the good news?

The good news to me is that Jesus, whom was the Word of God with us Isaiah 9:6-7, sent by the Father. Who lived a life perfectly being born under the Law, and fulfilling the Law and even what was prophesied about Him (Luke 4:17-20). He came down born from Heaven as the second Adam, and redeemed all people by and through his sacrifice on the cross paying for the sins of all the world (1 John 2:2), and he returned back for his bride in his day which were waiting for him to return after having been raised from the dead by God and ascending back into the clouds until the Father had sent him back to return to come and reduce his bride in which the wrath of God had been poured out on Israel for having killed the Son of God. And All the enemies were put under the footstool, being Satan and his angels defeated, hell/Sheol done away with, Sin being paid for all, death (all death) conquered over, and everyone has been saved from all of these including Gods wrath!

This to me is what the good news is, that everything has been restored and God through Christ reconciled the world unto himself. All people will be resurrected, unbelievers and believers. Those who believe and have faith are saved to the kingdom of God, resurrection for them they are given their reward by God. Those who are unbelievers are given a spiritual body to live in, but are placed outside of the kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem. (revelation 22:14-15)

These things because of victory of Jesus Christ the Lord God Almighty, it was to me is good news.

What about for you? What is good news to you?

Reactions: shortangel

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good News is synonymous with Gospel. In Jesus’ preaching the Good News centered around God’s Kingdom.

Matthew 9:35 KJV
“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Mark 1:14, 15 KJV
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”

Luke 4:43 KJV
“And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.”

Matthew 24:14 KJV
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

Jesus is the King of God’s Kingdom. This gospel or good news centers around him and so is also referred to as “the gospel of Christ.” Without his death there would be no ransom. Without his resurrection he could never become King. But the good news is about more than just Jesus being the Messiah. It involves all the good things Jehovah will accomplish by means of his Kingdom by Christ Jesus.

A primary blessing of the Kingdom is made clear in Jesus’ Model Prayer. When the Kingdom comes God’s will is to be done right here on earth. God’s Kingdom with Jesus Christ as King is the only solution to all the problems we face. That is why Jesus commanded his disciples to preach the good news of the Kingdom to all the nations.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the good news?

The good news to me is that Jesus, whom was the Word of God with us Isaiah 9:6-7, sent by the Father. Who lived a life perfectly being born under the Law, and fulfilling the Law and even what was prophesied about Him (Luke 4:17-20). He came down born from Heaven as the second Adam, and redeemed all people by and through his sacrifice on the cross paying for the sins of all the world (1 John 2:2), and he returned back for his bride in his day which were waiting for him to return after having been raised from the dead by God and ascending back into the clouds until the Father had sent him back to return to come and reduce his bride in which the wrath of God had been poured out on Israel for having killed the Son of God. And All the enemies were put under the footstool, being Satan and his angels defeated, hell/Sheol done away with, Sin being paid for all, death (all death) conquered over, and everyone has been saved from all of these including Gods wrath!

This to me is what the good news is, that everything has been restored and God through Christ reconciled the world unto himself. All people will be resurrected, unbelievers and believers. Those who believe and have faith are saved to the kingdom of God, resurrection for them they are given their reward by God. Those who are unbelievers are given a spiritual body to live in, but are placed outside of the kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem. (revelation 22:14-15)

These things because of victory of Jesus Christ the Lord God Almighty, it was to me is good news.

What about for you? What is good news to you?

In a nutshell: The vindication of Jehovah's Sovereignty and the fulfillment of His purpose for the earth by means of His Kingdom under Christ, the promised offspring.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

the good news, is that man can now repent of sinning, be forgiven of all past sins, and go sin no more.

The righteous seek the way out of sinning, and the unrighteous seek a way to sin more, and the religious seek a way to heaven while still sinning.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yep the Good News of the Gospel is telling people about Jesus death & ressurection & that he loves you & died & rose again & his free gift of salvation is to everyone who accept it & repents

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh thank God, hell is done away with unless you are someone who believes Jesus is still going to return in your lifetime.

I get it though we are gonna end up passing away and everyone I believe will have an encounter with God upon leaving here and going to the heavenly realm, either inside or outside the gates, according to revelation.

I could be wrong most of everything is on faith for me in hopes to continue living in faith and walk by the spirit and believe on the one whom God had sent.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Oh thank God, hell is done away with unless you are someone who believes Jesus is still going to return in your lifetime.

It's a cult, or a few that teach there is no hell, or that hell is "done away with".
It would be interesting to find out which has you ensnared.
More then likely, in your case, its a commentary and a teacher who has led you so far into the theological weeds.

Also, as long as there are Christ rejectors, hell will continue, until hell itself is cast into the Lake of Fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:14, states it Behold. The choice is to believe if it happened and death and hell were cast away or they were not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Revelation 20:14, states it Behold. The choice is to believe if it happened and death and hell were cast away or they were not.

Jesus told you that its better for you to tear your own eye out then to end up there.

John 3:36, describes who is going.

Are you so naive that you dont even realize that a Christ rejector, who died today, has to go somewhere ?????
They are not in the grave, little fella.
Their spirit, unredeemed, this child of the devil....... has to go somewhere.....
Where?

= HELL.

Wake up.
You are tied up in a lot fo heresy, and you are oblivious.
You are more interested in changing your Alt photo then you are interested in learning some truth so that you can come out of your darkness.
- been Trying to help you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, believe what you want. Just showed you what verse is being stated.

Revelation 20:14.

Anyway, maybe I am just a damned human being that is not good enough to even be saved by God...

Cause I'm a heretic reject...

(rolls eyes).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Okay, believe what you want. Just showed you what verse is being stated.

Revelation 20:14.

Anyway, maybe I am just a damned human being that is not good enough to even be saved by God...

Cause I'm a heretic reject...

(rolls eyes).

IF you are not born again, then you are damned.

Are you?
I can't know this from a computer screen.
I've have to meet you to discern that situation.

What i can tell you is that your Preterism, is a cult.
And its a cult teaching that denies hell, before these same teachers die and move in.

You are not a real student of the NT, as a real student of the NT will be found as a devoted and lifelong student of Paul's epistles.
If you can't hear anything else i say, ... do remember that, as that is one way you discern the real from the fakirs.

Another way, is simply to find out if the "teacher" believes they can "lose their salvation"., or teaches that you can lose yours...
When you discover that about them, then don't listen to them... do not read their commentaries, and do not stay in their CULT.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is a Biblical concept.

Everyone who died, Abraham, David, Job, Jesus, all went to Sheol.

Sheol is done away with when Jesus Christ returned, and judgement was cast.

So I do not deny that Hell was a real place, which housed those in Paradise, and those Outside of Paradise, and those were in the Prison part of Sheol.

So hope this helps you understand that I do not deny hell that it was a Biblical concept and seen as the realm of the dead, and believe now that Revelation 20:14 had been completed.

It leaves open for Revelation 21-22, to see pictures and types of what the after life is like.

@Behold, hope you do understand ...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also believe that People can walk away from God too @Behold.

However there are many people that would say no that is just not possible!

The choice is does one have continuing faith in relationship with the Father, in the name of Christ, or not. To love God first, and love neighbor as yourself.

Almost to simple friend.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hell is a Biblical concept.

Abraham went to "Paradise".
"Abraham's Bosom".
Jesus went there also, but not just there.... and that was why he told the dying Theif, "today you will be with me in Paradise".
This is "abraham's bosom"
You should study that out...

Also, Hell is not a "concept".
Hell is a PLACE, literal, "created for the devil and His angels".
You can take God's word on that.... instead of believing the cultists the liars, the heretics who are trying to air condition hell before they move in.

• Love
Reactions: MatthewG

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I also believe that People can walk away from God too @Behold.

Yes, i hear you.

But understand.... you can't stop being born again., once you are born again.

What you do with your body, and what you allow in your head, after you are born again, has no impact on the new birth.
The born again Spirit is "ONE with God", always and forever.... and has nothing to do with the mind or the body.

The born again HAVE Eternal Life. They are not waiting for it, as Jesus who IS Eternal life is IN THEM, and they are "in Christ".
This does not change if you are good, bad, better or worse, as your behavior has nothing to do with SALVATiON.
Nothing.
Behavior only has to do with Discipleship.....but not Salvation.

So, someone like DEMAS, who was a disciple of Paul's who "loved this present world", and left the ministry.....is a person who made a bad choice.
You're making one for some months, by not listening to me.
Demas, Probably died early and lost everything on the way, except for his Salvation as this is GOD's that was given based on FAITH and CHRIST's CROSS and not based on Demas's behavior.
See that?
So because Demas was born again, he went to heaven, because He was already "in Christ" before he did something stupid that totally destroyed his earthly life, eventually.

See, being born again, is why we go to heaven.......is why we are already "seated in heavenly places"...

Its why.....all the born again exist here.....>"As JESUS IS......so are the born again, in this WORLD".

That is not your body or your mind.
Its your spirit, and the born again spirit is not impacted by stupid decisions, lust, broken faith, or lack of faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is over with, according to the Scriptures, so no sense in arguing about it right @Behold? It was used until the people in hell were finally given up.

Revelation 20:13-14, so it's hard to say it's really still around today when Jesus Christ has had the victory over all things, even HELL.

So biblically the perspective is that God is not willingly that any should perish.

Thus, leaves the heavenly realm open to those who were going to be outside of the kingdom *God only gives good gifts and that can also be for the resurrection of the faithless, and of course the faithful who are rewarded accordingly, who live with God inside of the Heavenly Jerusalem.

What a great God we do serve who reconciled the world unto himself through Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt one needs to be born again to even see the Kingdom of God, in the Heavenly Jerusalem in the Heavenly Realm were God resides, right there with you @Behold. People can give up on their relationship with God though if they choose to, unless they don't have free will and are robots.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hell is over with, according to the Scriptures,

Uh huh.
sure it is.

Let me tell you the worst part of being in a cult, like the one that controls your mind.
Its not that you are in it......as that is bad enough....but, if the day comes that the Light of the Truth opens your eyes, you will look back on all the time you spent lying for some deceiver, some cult, who had trained you to do the devil's work on a fourm, and in life.
All these years spent as a TOOL, being used by people who teach "doctrines of devils'...
You can't have this time back, and you can't undo the harm you might have caused some real believer, who heard you and also fell into your pit of deception.