What is the importance of this prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 thes 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

How much more in the queen of all angels and saints

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How much more in the queen of all angels and saints

The reference to the queen of heaven from Jeremiah: -

Jeremiah 44:11-30: - 11 "Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: 'Behold, I will set My face against you for catastrophe and for cutting off all Judah. 12 And I will take the remnant of Judah who have set their faces to go into the land of Egypt to dwell there, and they shall all be consumed and fall in the land of Egypt. They shall be consumed by the sword and by famine. They shall die, from the least to the greatest, by the sword and by famine; and they shall be an oath, an astonishment, a curse and a reproach! 13 For I will punish those who dwell in the land of Egypt, as I have punished Jerusalem, by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence, 14 so that none of the remnant of Judah who have gone into the land of Egypt to dwell there shall escape or survive, lest they return to the land of Judah, to which they desire to return and dwell. For none shall return except those who escape.'"

15 Then all the men who knew that their wives had burned incense to other gods, with all the women who stood by, a great multitude, and all the people who dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying: 16 "As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord, we will not listen to you! 17 But we will certainly do whatever has gone out of our own mouth, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble. 18 But since we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine."

19 The women also said, "And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did we make cakes for her, to worship her, and pour out drink offerings to her without our husbands' permission?"

20 Then Jeremiah spoke to all the people — the men, the women, and all the people who had given him that answer — saying: 21 "The incense that you burned in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, you and your fathers, your kings and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the Lord remember them, and did it not come into His mind? 22 So the Lord could no longer bear it, because of the evil of your doings and because of the abominations which you committed. Therefore your land is a desolation, an astonishment, a curse, and without an inhabitant, as it is this day. 23 Because you have burned incense and because you have sinned against the Lord, and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord or walked in His law, in His statutes or in His testimonies, therefore this calamity has happened to you, as at this day."

24 Moreover Jeremiah said to all the people and to all the women, "Hear the word of the Lord, all Judah who are in the land of Egypt! 25 Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying: 'You and your wives have spoken with your mouths and fulfilled with your hands, saying, "We will surely keep our vows that we have made, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her." You will surely keep your vows and perform your vows!' 26 Therefore hear the word of the Lord, all Judah who dwell in the land of Egypt: 'Behold, I have sworn by My great name,' says the Lord, 'that My name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, "The Lord God lives." 27 Behold, I will watch over them for adversity and not for good. And all the men of Judah who are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by famine, until there is an end to them. 28 Yet a small number who escape the sword shall return from the land of Egypt to the land of Judah; and all the remnant of Judah, who have gone to the land of Egypt to dwell there, shall know whose words will stand, Mine or theirs. 29 And this shall be a sign to you,' says the Lord, 'that I will punish you in this place, that you may know that My words will surely stand against you for adversity.'

30 "Thus says the Lord: 'Behold, I will give Pharaoh Hophra king of Egypt into the hand of his enemies and into the hand of those who seek his life, as I gave Zedekiah king of Judah into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, his enemy who sought his life.'"
NKJV
I believe that you are on dangerous ground in the quote from your OP.

Shalom

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a different queen of heaven
the divine mother was not even born yet

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Well let us look at it in context and with our grammar reading glasses on.

34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

the sword piercing Mary is a parenthetical thought. what that means is that it is added apart from the flow. "that the thoughts of....." is a continuation of the prophecy about jesus and does not refer to Mary.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let us look at it in context and with our grammar reading glasses on.

34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

the sword piercing Mary is a parenthetical thought. what that means is that it is added apart from the flow. "that the thoughts of....." is a continuation of the prophecy about jesus and does not refer to Mary.

fundamentalists bs

I suppose Lk 1:46 also does not refer to her soul?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fundamentalists bs

I suppose Lk 1:46 also does not refer to her soul?

Luke 1 does and Luke 2 sorry but that is simple grammatical rules of understanding.

The inspired gospel writers did follow rules of grammar. God does not write foolishly nor inspire the writers of Scripture to write foolishly either. Take this to an English teacher and learn that god is orderly in writing. It is men who will corrupt the grammar to deceive us to believe something that is not true.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1 does and Luke 2 sorry but that is simple grammatical rules of understanding.

The inspired gospel writers did follow rules of grammar. God does not write foolishly nor inspire the writers of Scripture to write foolishly either. Take this to an English teacher and learn that god is orderly in writing. It is men who will corrupt the grammar to deceive us to believe something that is not true.

her soul was pierced that’s a fact

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes her soul was pierced, I agree 100% but the after thought about revealing hearts is referring to Jesus and not Mary. That is what I am commenting on.

our mother now

Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
the church founded by Christ Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

So you all are the true Church correct ?Question ,Apostle means sent out ones ,since the last Apostle died ,who has the Catholic church sent out ,I ask because the majority of the so called Popes were evil, and there's no way God would have sent them out .

Now let's look at the verse you claim the Church was built on Peter

Matthew 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Now instead of calling Simon Bar-jone, Jesus has given him a new name, Peter. Peter means Rock. The Rock is the foundation that the church is built on; and that Rock is Jesus Christ. Jesus is telling Peter that it is on the Rock of Jesus Christ that His church is built, and even the gates, or powers of Hell, Satan and his systems can not prevail against Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ was foretold as the "foundation-stone" in Isaiah 28:16; "Therefore thus saith the Lord God, "Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."

Jesus is that corner stone, precious and tried, and those that know Him, will wait on Him, and His return at the appointed time, and not make haste to follow the fake that comes first. Jesus fulfilled the role to perfection, for He is the only begotten of the Father.

There are many conflicts over this one verse, as one church states our church is built of Peter, who was the founder of our Church, which was true in the Smyrna and Philadelphia. They miss the doctrine of this verse. Christ is the immovable rock [Petra], in the Greek. The church is the assembly of believers wherever they are, they are the elect of God, and not some building on a corner, or the intricate system that does it's business inside those walls. The church are the body of believers, of which there are many members, which have many different tasks to do, all within that one body of believers.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you all are the true Church correct ?Question ,Apostle means sent out ones ,since the last Apostle died ,who has the Catholic church sent out ,I ask because the majority of the so called Popes were evil, and there's no way God would have sent them out .

Now let's look at the verse you claim the Church was built on Peter

Matthew 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Now instead of calling Simon Bar-jone, Jesus has given him a new name, Peter. Peter means Rock. The Rock is the foundation that the church is built on; and that Rock is Jesus Christ. Jesus is telling Peter that it is on the Rock of Jesus Christ that His church is built, and even the gates, or powers of Hell, Satan and his systems can not prevail against Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ was foretold as the "foundation-stone" in Isaiah 28:16; "Therefore thus saith the Lord God, "Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."

Jesus is that corner stone, precious and tried, and those that know Him, will wait on Him, and His return at the appointed time, and not make haste to follow the fake that comes first. Jesus fulfilled the role to perfection, for He is the only begotten of the Father.

There are many conflicts over this one verse, as one church states our church is built of Peter, who was the founder of our Church, which was true in the Smyrna and Philadelphia. They miss the doctrine of this verse. Christ is the immovable rock [Petra], in the Greek. The church is the assembly of believers wherever they are, they are the elect of God, and not some building on a corner, or the intricate system that does it's business inside those walls. The church are the body of believers, of which there are many members, which have many different tasks to do, all within that one body of believers.

Apostles end with the death of John?
Not what Christ taught
Matt 28:19 behold I am with you (the apostles) until the end, so the apostles must remain until the end teaching the nations and baptizing disciples

Christ cannot give himself the keys of the kingdom
Peter and his successors administering the kingdom until Christ returns

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

the apostles have the same power mission and authority as Christ
Jn 20:21

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 22

20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.

Matt 16:18
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Christ is God and savior and mediator and he alone builds his church
But upon peter and the apostles and their successors! Glory to God in the highest!