What is the importance of this prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our mother now

Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

All you are doing is using vain philosophical arguments to defend holding to an unbiblical Catholic dogma. Mary is truly a blessed person. But nowhere in the Inspired Word of God given for our instruction does it say we need or have a spiritual mother. that is you just making conclusions without the foundation of Scripture.

There is a reason why at wedding feast of Cana and at teh cross He referred to Mary as Woman and not mother! for a son to be that causal with His mother in Jewish society was absolutely scandalous!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you are doing is using vain philosophical arguments to defend holding to an unbiblical Catholic dogma. Mary is truly a blessed person. But nowhere in the Inspired Word of God given for our instruction does it say we need or have a spiritual mother. that is you just making conclusions without the foundation of Scripture.

There is a reason why at wedding feast of Cana and at teh cross He referred to Mary as Woman and not mother! for a son to be that causal with His mother in Jewish society was absolutely scandalous!

Jesus said I will not leave you orphan
You don’t accept your mother Mary or holy mother church? Your an orphan

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Apostles end with the death of John?
Not what Christ taught
Matt 28:19 behold I am with you (the apostles) until the end, so the apostles must remain until the end teaching the nations and baptizing disciples

Christ cannot give himself the keys of the kingdom
Peter and his successors administering the kingdom until Christ returns

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

the apostles have the same power mission and authority as Christ
Jn 20:21

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Who are the Apostles now ?Are you saying it's the Pope ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9:4 why persecute me?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Peter is so important, why did John get the task of supporting Mary, instead of Peter? Peter was not singled out to get the keys, nor the chance to take care of Mary. Peter was given the task to feed the sheep.

The church as a body built on the foundation of Jesus Christ has the keys. The Holy Spirit is the authority of the keys working in every believer.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said I will not leave you orphan
You don’t accept your mother Mary or holy mother church? Your an orphan

No I have a heavenly father and many earthly mothers. The church is not my mother but my brothers and sisters!

and Jesus said He would not leave us comfortless, which was a reference to the Holy Spirit and not Mary. Sorry but pulling a verse out of context and misapplying it does nothing for you.

John 14:17-19
King James Version

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Peter is so important, why did John get the task of supporting Mary, instead of Peter? Peter was not singled out to get the keys, nor the chance to take care of Mary. Peter was given the task to feed the sheep.

The church as a body built on the foundation of Jesus Christ has the keys. The Holy Spirit is the authority of the keys working in every believer.

Actually Jesus did single out Peter to have the keys.

Matthew 16:19
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The "thee" is singular and not pluralk.

But most people misunderstand what the keys were about!

Keys open doors! Peter was tasked by Jesus to open the doors to peoples to hear the gospel. When you look at the book of Acts, After Pentecost it was Peter who first opened the gospel to the Jews, for He preached after the upper room experience.

It was Peter who opened the door to the Samaritans as He was the first to preach and baptize Samaritans.

It was also Peter who opened the door for the gospel to go the Gentiles. He was the first to preach to a gentile (Cornelius and his house), thus paving the way for the gospel to go to Jew, Samaritan (half jew) and the gentiles. After that the keys were no longer needed. for all peoples are included in these three people groups.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

spiritual anarchy
There must be jurisdictional authority in a head of the church

Lk 1:30 found our salvation
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation
Rev 12:17 spiritual mother

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I have a heavenly father and many earthly mothers. The church is not my mother but my brothers and sisters!

and Jesus said He would not leave us comfortless, which was a reference to the Holy Spirit and not Mary. Sorry but pulling a verse out of context and misapplying it does nothing for you.

John 14:17-19
King James Version

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

deny Jesus and scripture at your own peril

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

The apostle has a spiritual mother

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

rev 12:17

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Jesus did single out Peter to have the keys.

Matthew 16:19
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The "thee" is singular and not pluralk.

But most people misunderstand what the keys were about!

Keys open doors! Peter was tasked by Jesus to open the doors to peoples to hear the gospel. When you look at the book of Acts, After Pentecost it was Peter who first opened the gospel to the Jews, for He preached after the upper room experience.

It was Peter who opened the door to the Samaritans as He was the first to preach and baptize Samaritans.

It was also Peter who opened the door for the gospel to go the Gentiles. He was the first to preach to a gentile (Cornelius and his house), thus paving the way for the gospel to go to Jew, Samaritan (half jew) and the gentiles. After that the keys were no longer needed. for all peoples are included in these three people groups.
The church built upon Christ recieved the keys. Peter was one member of the church. So God stopped opening and shutting doors in the first century? That would lign up with preterist thinking that the church was over in the first century as well. No more doors after 70AD.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
spiritual anarchy
There must be jurisdictional authority in a head of the church

Lk 1:30 found our salvation
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation
Rev 12:17 spiritual mother
Christ is the head. Your anarchy is placing Mary above Christ.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
deny Jesus and scripture at your own peril

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

The apostle has a spiritual mother

rev 12:17

Show us where that means spiritual mother!

I do not deny the Lord at all! I just don't buy into the Catholic hypothgeses concerning Mary.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church built upon Christ recieved the keys. Peter was one member of the church. So God stopped opening and shutting doors in the first century? That would lign up with preterist thinking that the church was over in the first century as well. No more doors after 70AD.

Well if you want to try to stretch that into eschatological teachings- that is your business. but once Peter preached to Cornelius, the door of the gospel became open to gentiles and every one who is not a Jew is a gentile. So those doors that Peter opened have stayed opened since. No need to open a door that is already open.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

says Peter it means peter
Read Isa 22

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show us where that means spiritual mother!

I do not deny the Lord at all! I just don't buy into the Catholic hypothgeses concerning Mary.

she is not his biological mother, what’s left but spiritual mother

what can a cow give buttermilk!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
she is not his biological mother, what’s left but spiritual mother

what can a cow give buttermilk!

Now go learn Jewish culture and see Jesus did something according to the Mosaic Law. Then you won't have to believe in all these pagan myths brought into Christianity.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now go learn Jewish culture and see Jesus did something according to the Mosaic Law. Then you won't have to believe in all these pagan myths brought into Christianity.

then how as Rachel the spiritual mother of the children of Israel when she was only biologically the mother of two of them?

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.