What is the Kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You must remember that many are now under the influence of inclusive love .
THEY are amongst us sister
and they are many .
Inclusive love? Sounds dangerous! This risks overwhelming hate, racism, judgmentalism, pride and a host of other things that cause religion to thrive.

Truly scary. :ummm:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love My Utmost for His Highest. I prefer to hold the hard copy in hand also, but for anyone interested- you can get a daily dose here>>>

Yes, "My Utmost for His Highest", is the one I have and read regularly. I also have "Abandoned to God", which is his biography. Both of them are the hard copy books.

Reactions: Mr E

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think I will just say this in case anyone is interested to consider.....is the world to come eternal or is it time-limited/temporal? We look for new heavens and new earth....is that referring to something eternal or temporal? A mere 1000 years or eternal?
I do not get into those details too much because my "Now" is the most important thing, but I have considered this: The man who has attained to the 1,000 years is perhaps the man who has overcome it all... but who has attained to it? Methuselah, the oldest recorded man came up short with only 969 years. I would guess that anyone lived his natural life obeying all of the laws given men by God through Moses [613] would also be an overcomer, but who attained to it?

Ac 15:10Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Either way, impossible indeed, but God spoke to us and provided for us a Way, did he not?

Mr 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Ac 2:37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Ac 2:38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ac 2:39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did pual ever tell the church , well maybe for you all this isnt for you at this time . He or she who hears will hear .
Those who dont wont .
I watch folks . and i have seen what some have said . I speak not about you sister but about the many who i have seen
that are already to some degree infected and affected by this other stuff .
But often men and women are quick to forget what others have said .
Many are now infected and affected to some degree with the lie sister . MANY .
How fast folks can forget . I watch and by grace i remember . THEY are amongst us sister
and they are many .
I hear you, but on the other hand Paul did write that there were more things he wanted to tell a certain group, but they couldn't bear it yet at that time. Yes, it's a matter of having ears to hear though that doesn't necessarily come right away, but over time as a person grows. I haven't read everyone's posts by far and it's also true that I may sometimes forget things that individuals have said or believe. Agree brother.....believing a lie does blind and prevent one from hearing/seeing truth. It can take time to dislodge a lie once it has taken hold, and I believe ultimately this depends on God's mercy and whether we have received a love of the truth and are willing to have the lie removed.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eternity is A LONG TIME , on this you said rightly .
SO remember that the next time one tries to preach a means to pick up and carry the cross
WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE BELIEVED FIRST on HE WHO WAS CRUCIFIED ON THAT CROSS .
FOr their destiny , that which cometh at their end , THEY WONT LIKE IT .
No muslim , no atheist , no buddist , no squat can pick up the cross
NOR WILL IT PROFIT them to try and think they can . NO THEY MUST FIRST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
if not , ITS ALL VAIN DUDE . ITS ALL VAIN and nothing more than a man can save himself By his own abilities
WHICH WILL Damn the entire lot of those who taught such a thing and believed such a thing .
OH YES ETERNITY IS A LONG TIME . BETTER WE PREACH THE DIRE NEED TO FIRST BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST
then be helpers to the truth by teaching HIS words and teachings to those who do believe .
BUT unto those who beleive not , A CHRISTLESS CROSS saveth NONE . and ya better get busy learning that
and shunning the inclusive pope pipe dream to hades . cause it aint gonna save squat .
Amen. And when God says only a remnant will be saved......we need to just believe Him and accept it.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inclusive love? Sounds dangerous! This risks overwhelming, hate, racism, judgmentalism, pride and a host of other things that cause religion to thrive.

Truly scary. :ummm:
They are huge on these issues epi . You are already UNDER THE SPELL . They offer up words like hate
racism , judgemental pride and etc , to try and expose the few who do warn as being such things .
YOU are perhaps more deeply infected than i thought my friend . You are UNDER IT big time .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are huge on these issues epi . You are already UNDER THE SPELL . They offer up words like hate
racism , judgemental pride and etc , to try and expose the few who do warn as being such things .
YOU are perhaps more deeply infected than i thought my friend . You are UNDER IT big time .
LOL. What you are under big time is the exclusive hate thing...judgmentalism, pride...etc.

You think that what you DO doesn't matter because you have been indoctrinated into a belief religion that only has power to deceive you....by judging others and justifying yourself.
It's funny that for people who think accuracy of beliefs is what saves you...your doctrines are out in right field...iniquity.

• Sad

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did pual ever tell the church , well maybe for you all this isnt for you at this time . He or she who hears will hear .
Those who dont wont .
I watch folks . and i have seen what some have said . I speak not about you sister but about the many who i have seen
that are already to some degree infected and affected by this other stuff .
But often men and women are quick to forget what others have said .
Many are now infected and affected to some degree with the lie sister . MANY .
How fast folks can forget . I watch and by grace i remember . THEY are amongst us sister
and they are many .
save-image.png

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL. What you are under big time is the exclusive hate thing...judgmentalism, pride...etc.

You think that what you DO doesn't matter because you have been indoctrinated into a belief religion that only has power to deceive you....by judging others and justifying yourself.
It's funny that for people who think accuracy of beliefs is what saves you...your doctrines are out in right field...iniquity.
Well we know who the accuser of the brethren is, who cares not for being just because he cares not for truth/accuracy and is the father of lies.

Truth matters......it would be an understatement to say it matters a lot....it's a matter of life and death because truth is the Person that saves, the Word made flesh. False gospels can neither save souls nor keep them. Those who don't love the truth are in danger of......strong delusion. The devil prowls around like a lion seeking who he may DEVOUR because the battle is still on for our souls after being saved....the devil continues to pursue the child of God with his inaccuracies/untruths. And he is devouring many in our day. There is good reason we are told to contend for the faith (word of truth!) as it was once delivered. Being zealous for the truth/accuracy is part of running the race so as to win it. We are not told to be care-less and lackadaisacal about the truth and running the race are we......and one huge sign of the church falling away I've noticed is that it becomes more lackadaisacal about accuracy/truth. We better love the truth....the Spirit is truth. Without it, well there's just no life.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heaven.

More specifically, Gods Kingdom is WHERE Gods “THRONE” IS.

Presently Gods “THRONE” is IN Heaven.

Prophetically, in the FUTURE, Gods THRONE shall ALSO occupy a PORTION (ie Promised Land) of the Earth (for 1,000 years).

Prophetically, in the FUTURE, after the 1,000 years have expired, Gods “THRONE” (Gods KINGDOM) Shall Occupy ALL of the Earth (along with all of Heaven).

Glory to God,
Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Heaven.

Actually no. It is where Christ is. We are to go to the throne for grace...for grace to walk in the kingdom realm...in Zion, in Christ. God dwells with His people there but His throne is OVER all creation. Even over heaven. Paul calls this "the third heaven."

hashamayim veshamey hashamayim ( השׁמים ושׁמי השׁמים or "Heavens and the Heaven of Heavens"), is mentioned in such passages as Genesis 28:12, Deuteronomy 10:14

Also Paul speaks of this....

"I know a man in Christ about fourteen years ago (whether he was in the body I cannot tell, or whether he was out of the body I cannot tell, God knows) who was taken up into the third heaven. And I know the same man (whether in the body or out of the body I cannot tell, God knows), how he was taken up into Paradise and heard words not to be spoken, which no man can utter." 2 Cor. 12:2-4

Prophetically, in the FUTURE, Gods THRONE shall ALSO occupy a PORTION (ie Promised Land) of the Earth (for 1,000 years).

Not yet. Only when the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven in the next age will the Father dwell with His creation. At that time this temporal dimension will be swallowed up into an eternal one.
Prophetically, in the FUTURE, after the 1,000 years have expired, Gods “THRONE” (Gods KINGDOM) Shall Occupy ALL of the Earth (along with all of Heaven).

Glory to God,
Taken
Something like that. There will be the holy city, and the nations of the saved that are given light from the presence of God in His temple.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually no. It is where Christ is. We are to go to the throne for grace...for grace to walk in the kingdom realm...in Zion, in Christ. God dwells with His people there but His throne is OVER all creation. Even over heaven. Paul calls this "the third heaven."
Hi Epi....not looking for a fight, LOL......How does God give us grace to walk in the Kingdom realm?

Please explain what grace means to you?..thanks.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

shamey hashamayim (שׁמי השׁמים or "Heaven of Heavens"), is mentioned in such passages as Genesis 28:12, Deuteronomy 10:14

Also Paul speaks of this....

"I know a man in Christ about fourteen years ago (whether he was in the body I cannot tell, or whether he was out of the body I cannot tell, God knows) who was taken up into the third heaven. And I know the same man (whether in the body or out of the body I cannot tell, God knows), how he was taken up into Paradise and heard words not to be spoken, which no man can utter." 2 Cor. 12:2-4

Not yet. Only when the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven in the next age will the Father dwell with His creation. At that time this temporal dimension will be swallowed up into an eternal one.

Something like that. There will be the holy city, and the nations of the saved that are given light from the presence of God in His temple.

Actually…Yes.

Isa.66

[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
Acts.7

[49] Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Bit by bit, Little by Little, Knowledge of God is revealed. Before it is revealed, it is not YET for mankind to Know. Once it is revealed, it IS for mankind to KNOW, TRUST and RELY on.

The Occupants of Earth, have their individual bodily life span, to bit by bit hear, learn, believe IN the Lord God, Accept His Offering … or Not.

Jesus SHALL..sit in His Kingdom ON Earth, ON His Throne (ie King David’s EVERLASTING THRONE, God established) with men who have the SEED of God.
A specific LANd (ie the Promised Land)…
For 1,000 years.

Thereafter, the WHOLE of the Heaven AND Earth, shall become Gods THRONE, Gods Kingdom.

Matt 6:
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

I think you're right. Except that the Kingdom of God also includes all that is His and that includes His subjects, right?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Epi....not looking for a fight, LOL......How does God give us grace to walk in the Kingdom realm?

Hey RJ....I'm never looking for a fight. :) Just the truth.

Grace is portrayed in many religious circles as God's tolerance for sin. But the grace of God is the POWER given to us through faith to walk as Jesus walked. It is a holy power...to commune with God. It fills us with love, joy and peace...of the eternal kind. Nothing temporal can quench or overcome the peace we have IN Christ.
Please explain what grace means to you?..thanks.
I have experienced the grace ON grace...or the full measure of grace. Grace means to put on the perfection of Christ. Grace is the power to overcome all sin...in Him is no sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey RJ....I'm never looking for a fight. :) Just the truth.

Grace is portrayed in many religious circles as God's tolerance for sin. But the grace of God is the POWER given to us through faith to walk as Jesus walked. It is a holy power...to commune with God. It fills us with love, joy and peace...of the eternal kind. Nothing temporal can quench or overcome the peace we have IN Christ.

I have experienced the grace ON grace...or the full measure of grace. Grace means to put on the perfection of Christ. Grace is the power to overcome all sin...in Him is no sin.
Amen!!!..God has just brought me to this spiritual understanding...it can only be brought to my understanding, by his grace and power ,imo./ belief .

There is no power in us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually…Yes.

Isa.66

[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
Acts.7

[49] Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Bit by bit, Little by Little, Knowledge of God is revealed. Before it is revealed, it is not YET for mankind to Know. Once it is revealed, it IS for mankind to KNOW, TRUST and RELY on.

The Occupants of Earth, have their individual bodily life span, to bit by bit hear, learn, believe IN the Lord God, Accept His Offering … or Not.

Jesus SHALL..sit in His Kingdom ON Earth, ON His Throne (ie King David’s EVERLASTING THRONE, God established) with men who have the SEED of God.
A specific LANd (ie the Promised Land)…
For 1,000 years.

Thereafter, the WHOLE of the Heaven AND Earth, shall become Gods THRONE, Gods Kingdom.

Matt 6:
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken
A person who walks IN Christ is not walking in the throne room of God. The Father is over the Son. The Head of Christ is God just as the Head of every man is Christ.

The realm that we are called into...that we are given ACCESS to, through the gospel, is Zion...the kingdom realm of the Spirit. There is no throne there....but just a sweet fellowship with the living God in the perfection of His holiness. We have access to the Father through the Son BY the Spirit of God.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken
Jesus said His kingdom comes not with careful observation (and never shall)....but it is within us. The throne of our hearts. It was back then with Jesus, as it is now within us. By faith, not by sight. It is not waiting for the future. The thousand years spoken of is what we call the age of grace, the time of God's long-suffering that we are to account as salvation for souls (2 Peter 3). The promised land is only an allegory/shadow of a spiritual reality, and those shadows/allegories will all pass away.

To enter His kingdom fully, the 'earth' of this body has to die first...where scripture says, "that which thou sowest is not quickened except it die".

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus said His kingdom comes not with careful observation (and never shall)....but it is within us. The throne of our hearts. It was back then with Jesus, as it is now within us. By faith, not by sight. It is not waiting for the future. The thousand years spoken of is what we call the age of grace, the time of God's long-suffering that we are to account as salvation for souls (2 Peter 3). The promised land is only an allegory/shadow of a spiritual reality, and those shadows/allegories will all pass away.

To enter His kingdom fully, the 'earth' of this body has to die first...where scripture says, "that which thou sowest is not quickened except it die".
Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

1) "Who hath delivered us" (hos errusato hemas) who delivered us," loosed or set us free. 2Co_1:10; Eph_1:13.

2) "From the power of darkness" (ek tes eksousias tou skotous) "out of the power (authority) of the darkness." This refers to an absolute soul or spirit liberty from damnation's - darkness into salvation's light 2Co_4:3-4; Joh_8:12.

3) "And hath translated us" (kai metestesen) “and transferred, stood us up," or carried us upright in a transition. This he did when he not only died to redeem the lost, but also purchased the church, the new worship body, or assembly, by his own blood. Act_20:28; Eph_5:25.

4) "Into the kingdom of his dear Son" (eis ten Basileian tou humiou tes agapes autou) "Into the kingdom or domain of the love of his Son;" as salvation is freely offered and must be freely received by the unbeliever for him to receive salvation, even so translation or a transition from the status of a servant of the Devil to a servant of God while in the flesh requires one’s voluntary acceptance of baptism and obedience to God's call for the believer to follow his Son in the Church in this Church-kingdom age. The Church, in her administrative work today, is the present kingdom of God's dear Son, which He will one day return to receive, for Millennial usage purposes. Luk_19:12-19; Mar_13:34-37.

Thanksgiving
by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

God’s verdict upon the pagan world is that “they are without excuse, because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful…” (Rom. 1:20,21).

The Psalmist, on the other hand, declares:

“IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:

“TO SHOW FORTH THY LOVINGKINDNESS IN THE MORNING. AND THY FAITHFULNESS EVERY NIGHT” (Psa. 92:1,2).

Believers today have even more to be thankful for than did the Psalmist, for we can rejoice in what God has done for us through Christ and His redeeming work. Thus Paul, by divine inspiration, speaks of…

“GIVING THANKS UNTO THE FATHER, WHO HATH MADE US MEET [FIT] TO BE PARTAKERS OF THE INHERITANCE OF THE SAINTS IN LIGHT:

“WHO HATH DELIVERED US FROM THE POWER OF DARKNESS, AND HATH TRANSLATED US INTO THE KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON” (Col. 1:12,13).

It is because of this “deliverance” that the humblest believer can cry with Paul: “Thanks be unto God, who always causeth us to triumph in Christ!” (II Cor. 2:14) and “Thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!” (I Cor. 15:57). How appropriate, then, are the following exhortations:

“In everything give thanks” (I Thes. 5:18) and “By [Christ], therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise… giving thanks to His name” (Heb. 13:15).

“For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God” (II Cor. 4:15).

Most of all, “THANKS BE UNTO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT,” our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! (II Cor. 9:15).

Keep up the good work @Lizbeth
Johann.

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth