What is the Kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conditioning, beliefs essentially, dictates you are a human on a planet called earth in spacetime.
In truth, all is an appearance of you, within you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though it's so important to remember that Christ is God over him.

And yet... the Lord gave earth to man and gave man dominion over the earth... so the Lord is not stopping the devil from bringing forth the anti-christ and eventually the death of around half the earth's population in the great tribulation.

Once Jesus Christ returns and take over the earth... which He be assuming full power over the devil.

He is not doing that now which for a lot of folks is a problem and is what some reject the Lord. The Jews rejected Jesus because He did not put down the Roman empire and free them from their rule during their first visit.

Jesus has defeated the devil, legally, and is now the rightful ruler of the kingdom, but this needs to be enforced so to speak, otherwise it's as though the devil didn't get the memo.

Actually, God gave Adam a time frame in which to be in authority over this world... and when Adam bowed his knee to satan, they time frame was turned over to the devil by Adam.

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance (Romans 11:29) so when the Lord said "let man have dominion" (Genesis 1:26-28), this is the authority that satan is operating under now that he got from Adam when Adam committed high treason against God by obeying the devil and rebelling against God.

The Man Jesus Christ will soon assume this dominion over the world and lock the devil and he demons up in hell... only then we we finally have good government because Jesus is not a democrat or a republican!

Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet... the Lord gave earth to man and gave man dominion over the earth... so the Lord is not stopping the devil from bringing forth the anti-christ and eventually the death of around half the earth's population in the great tribulation.

Once Jesus Christ returns and take over the earth... which He be assuming full power over the devil.

He is not doing that now which for a lot of folks is a problem and is what some reject the Lord. The Jews rejected Jesus because He did not put down the Roman empire and free them from their rule during their first visit.

Actually, God gave Adam a time frame in which to be in authority over this world... and when Adam bowed his knee to satan, they time frame was turned over to the devil by Adam.

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance (Romans 11:29) so when the Lord said "let man have dominion" (Genesis 1:26-28), this is the authority that satan is operating under now that he got from Adam when Adam committed high treason against God by obeying the devil and rebelling against God.

The Man Jesus Christ will soon assume this dominion over the world and lock the devil and he demons up in hell... only then we we finally have good government because Jesus is not a democrat or a republican!
But Satan is illegally operating now, is he not?...that's the difference. Jesus, a son of man, took that dominion back from him when He went to the cross. And we are ruling&reigning (having dominion) with Christ now, whenever we overcome the world, flesh and devil in any way, beginning with our salvation and including things like having prayers answered by God, casting out devils, healing the sick, prophesying, etc. Scripture says Christ must rule until......the last enemy (death) is defeated. (And defeating death means destroying it in the lake of fire.) So Jesus is ruling now and taking back the land little by little for now, while He longsuffers things, until He returns to finish the job wholesale.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

Correct. Yet remember the “caveat”…
It will always be A FEW, and the FEW “converted” IN Christ, regardless of the Era in time, have ONLY one Heavenly Lord God…
And it isn’t Satan that rules them.

Glory to God,
Taken
So now another question is in dire need to be asked .
For many can lip the name o JESUS and yet satan sure seems to be ruling them .
SO the question is HOW does one know .........
ITS REAL easy . JESUS AINT the ministir of any sin , JESUS aint the ministir of a false love
that accepts other religoins as valid to GOD .
SATAN DO THAT . IF our jesus accepts sins and sayeth the buddist the muslim , the etc unbeliever
is fine as long as they do them so lovey do , OH ITS SATAN ALL RIGHT , DUPING THE HECK OUT OF THEM ALL who believe that mess .
TIME we preach with both tremendous and dire urgency THE NEED TO BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST
and its time we flat out remind the church , JESUS , GOD , AINT holding no rainbow o diversity
or honoring any sin . Sure if we do this we will be mocked and hated , the cost of preaching the true love of GOD
is gonna cost . BUT AT LEAST IT saves and dont damn to hell like the inclusive love does . THAT BE A FACT TOO . ONE we better
GET IN OUR HEAD AND HEARTS REAL REAL FAST TOO . i mean REAL FAST . or fall for the lie . I DONE MADE ME MIND UP .
ITS JESUS FOR ME , THE BIBLE BE MY BOOK , and whatever else contradicts that , THEY CAN KEEP unto their own destruction .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS REAL easy . JESUS AINT the ministir of any sin , JESUS aint the ministir of a false love
SATAN DO THAT . IF our jesus accepts sins and sayeth the buddist the muslim , the etc unbeliever
is fine as long as they do them so lovey do , OH ITS SATAN ALL RIGHT , DUPING THE HECK OUT OF THEM ALL who believe that mess .
TIME we preach with both tremendous and dire urgency THE NEED TO BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST
and its time we flat out remind the church , JESUS , GOD , AINT holding no rainbow o diversity
or honoring any sin . Sure if we do this we will be mocked and hated , the cost of preaching the true love of GOD
is gonna cost . BUT AT LEAST IT saves and dont damn to hell like the inclusive love does . THAT BE A FACT TOO . ONE we better
GET IN OUR HEAD AND HEARTS REAL REAL FAST TOO . i mean REAL FAST . or fall for the lie . I DONE MADE ME MIND UP .
ITS JESUS FOR ME , THE BIBLE BE MY BOOK , and whatever else contradicts that , THEY CAN KEEP unto their own destruction .

First fact…
* Soul salvation…ONLY comes AFTER a bodily death.

* a Physical bodily death was the ONLY option for 4,000 years, (and even to this day, how it works is A MAN who at the time of his bodily death….Believes in his Heart in the Lord God….at his bodily death his soul shall be saved….AND spirit quickened (born again)….AND his body buried or cremated.

That man was a BELIEVER at the time of his bodily Death.
During that man’s lifetime, EVERY moment that man BELIEVED….
“He was “WITH” the Lord and the Lord was WITH him.”

Could that man waver, trip, stumble, wander off ignoring God? Could he make stupid decisions, be mad about the outcome, feel sorry for himself? Sure.

Do men LIKE to be up close and sticking their nose and pointing their finger at Other people’s short-comings? Sure.

Do some men go so far as to tell other men, they can not BE SAVED, because the other person has Judged it so? Sure.

The Thing IS…ONLY God and An individual man “KINOW” a mans TRUE HEARTFUL BELIEF….regardless of a mans judgement against a mans shortcomings among men.

Still, IF that man CONTINUES believing in his heart to the day of his bodily death, He WILL BE SAVED…
He may Likely miss out on some “rewards” from God he could have had for a more exemplarily behavior among men in Glorifying God.

2000 years ago A NEW BETTER TESTAMENT was offered to men, of a LIVING SACRIFICE, by way of a GIVING of Ones Bodily Life unto God……Before his Physical bodily death….
CALLED…..Crucified WITH CHRIST….

In this scenario….the soul becomes saved THEN, the spirit becomes quickened THEN, and the BODY is prepared to be SEALED and REDEEMED and RAISED UP anew, ONLY by the Lord God.
ONCE that occurs, that man WHOLLY, (body, souls, spirit) belongs ONLY to. The Lord God, once and forever.

Nothing whatsoever can change Gods works for and in that man. Not a mans judgement, gossip, finger pointing, accusing, blah, blah…
That man IS Gods inheritance forever.

Is that man PERFECT ? No.
Is that man:
A saint? Yes
A brother IN Christ? Yes
Christ Jesus’ Spirit in that man ? Yes
A member of Christ’s Church? Yes
Given a “task” ? Yes.

Like what?
Part the Red Sea? Lead the Israelites to their Land? If a Gentile, Teach the Tribes of Israel? If a Gentile, Introduce the Jewish Messiah to the Jews? Raise baby Jesus? If a Gentlile Keep Jewish Traditions? Laws? Etc…
No, no, no, no, no, no….

What is his task? Hear, Read the Word of God, trust it, believe it and Repeat it to others, who have a willing ear.
And? Keep Gods Precepts? Yes.
And? Love the Lord God above all other things? Yes.
And ? Love all other of manKind? Yes.

Not complicated and Not what one can accomplish WITHOUT the Lord.

Glory to God,
Taken

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Satan is illegally operating now, is he not?

Yes he is... and Jesus is allowing him to continue obviously because the time for devils to put away is not yet.

Matthew 8:29
And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Obviously the time to put the devil away from this world is not yet.

That doesn't mean we cannot run them out of our personal lives.

So Jesus is ruling now and taking back the land little by little for now, while He longsuffers things, until He returns to finish the job wholesale.

If Jesus is ruling now... that would mean He is failing to put evil away...

So, no Jesus is not yet ruling this world which is very painfully obvious.

He is allowing the world to grow darker and darker to where the anti-christ and the one world government takes over the world resulting in the great tribulation where about half of the world's population is killed.

If Jesus was ruling this world, none of these things would be happening.

God's Word specifically say Jesus is not ruling the world yet...

Hebrews 2:8
Thou hast put all things in subjection under His feet. for in that

He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not put
under Him. But now we see not yet all things put under Him

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes he is... and Jesus is allowing him to continue obviously because the time for devils to put away is not yet.

And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

He is allowing the world to grow darker and darker to where the anti-christ and the one world government takes over the world resulting in the great tribulation where about half of the world's population is killed.

Amen brother....there's only one Way to the Father and that is through Christ....Jesus said "no man comes to the Father but by me".

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen brother. Jesus said "no man comes to the Father but by me." Only one way to be reconciled back to God and that is through Christ.

• Love

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of Heaven, as in the spiritual realm, encompasess more than our Human brain can imagine from this earthly perspective. However, the combined scriptures that point to it's existance is all together just a glimpse of its expanse.

We see the Throne of God, we see living creatures and elders on their thrones surrounding His throne, we see the dwelling places of Angels, we see streets lined with Gold, we see an alter holding the prayers of all the saints, we see the Lamb in the center of the throne guiding us to springs of the water of life, we the city, the New Jerusalem, and in the city were 12 foundation stones, and on them were the 12 names of the 12 Apostels of the Lamb.

I imagine there are gardens that surpass even the garden of Eden. There will be no need of a Sun there, and there will be no need of oceans and fishes. There will be no more pain or suffering, no more worries or cares, no more sorrow or tears. I don't know how our small brains can imagine such a place, but as for me and my household, we beleive every word that comes out of the mouth of God.

Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Blessings brother....this below is quite a lot to take in, and please do take your time with it.

Mat 13:40-43

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire:
there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

(notice it says kingdom of the FATHER at the end of the world here, not kingdom of Christ – agrees with 1 Cor 15)

Mat 13:49-50

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

1Co 15:23-28

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that, that God may be all in all.

(There can’t be a future millennial reign of Christ, if at His return He subdues everything to Himself and at that time He also turns the kingdom back over to the Father and subjects Himself back to the Father.

The end of the world is the end of the world and this takes place at the return of Christ, as per Matt. 13. Not only are sinners destroyed in the fire, but the world itself will be too, as per 2Peter 3, so there won’t be anything left of this world to rule or live in at all. That’s the reason for those who are alive and remain to be “raptured” out of here.. But we are looking for a new heavens and new earth that is “above”. Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world, and that it doesn’t come with our careful observation that we should say lo here or lo there it is. Look at 1 Cor 15 and see where it says Jesus will turn the kingdom back over to the FATHER when He comes. The rule of Christ ends then and it becomes once again the Father’s kingdom that God may be all in all.

I know this isn’t the prevailing thought, like many I used to assume the 1000 year reign was future as well, ……and these things have only become clear to me in recent times, by God’s grace. We need to put aside what we had thought Rev is saying long enough to just take in the earlier scrips first….and then know that any true understanding of Rev will not contradict the earlier scrips. If the thousand year reign doesn’t’ begin until the second coming of Christ, that contradicts these earlier scrips, and people have to twist things up in knots like a pretzel to try and reconcile the contradictions. I’ve heard everything from Jesus is coming back again two times to the two resurrections take place at different times and there will be two judgments at two different times. Whereas understanding His rule and reign is now in this age, not in future, neatly and harmoniously agrees with all scripture that I know of and easily and gently resolves all this cognitive dissonance.

This below is all talking about what happens at the COMING OF CHRIST:

2Pe 3:3-13

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

See how the thousand years is as a day is referring to the scoffers who are saying that all things are still continuing as per usual NOW….and is referring to the time when the earth is being held in store for the judgment…..and is referring to the time of longsuffering when souls can still be saved from the wrath to come…..all of which is now, in this age of grace.

I know it’s a lot to take in and by all means test it……be willing to lay down what we think we know and put everything on the altar and ask the Lord about this, asking Him to sift it, and consider these scriptures prayerfully. He will not lead us astray if we do this. What we have believed about what we are calling the millennial reign in Revelation can’t be true if it contradicts these scriptures which were written first, so something has to give.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of Heaven, as in the spiritual realm, encompasess more than our Human brain can imagine from this earthly perspective. However, the combined scriptures that point to it's existance is all together just a glimpse of its expanse.

We see the Throne of God, we see living creatures and elders on their thrones surrounding His throne, we see the dwelling places of Angels, we see streets lined with Gold, we see an alter holding the prayers of all the saints, we see the Lamb in the center of the throne guiding us to springs of the water of life, we the city, the New Jerusalem, and in the city were 12 foundation stones, and on them were the 12 names of the 12 Apostels of the Lamb.

I imagine there are gardens that surpass even the garden of Eden. There will be no need of a Sun there, and there will be no need of oceans and fishes. There will be no more pain or suffering, no more worries or cares, no more sorrow or tears. I don't know how our small brains can imagine such a place, but as for me and my household, we beleive every word that comes out of the mouth of God.
Very nice picture you have painted. However, even in Eden there were 4 rivers. I'm sure they were inhabited. I believe that there will certainly be fishes --that there will be every type creature God created. I am certain He had a wonderful time creating them, and will recreate them. That's what He does.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And what you are speaking of is a "world without end".....ie, the world to come, the kingdom of heaven, has no end. When Jesus comes...so shall we forever be with the Lord. The "world to come" is not temporal and limited to a thousand years....we are looking for something "new", ie, heavenly/spiritual. We'll have no need for a temporal physical world since we'll be heavenly beings "like the angels", as Jesus said. Therefore all our hopes, thoughts and affections are to be "above", not on this world.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this isn’t the prevailing thought, like many I used to assume the 1000 year reign was future as well

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

There shall be... a 1000 year reign of Christ, and I'm going to be working for Him during his reign 2thumbs-up.gif

Jesus will reign as king over Israel and all the nations of the world (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1).

The world will live in peace (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:18), satan will be bound (Revelation 20:1–3), and, at the beginning, everyone will worship God (Isaiah 2:2–3).

The Land Covenant (Deuteronomy 30:1-10)
God has already fulfilled the personal aspects of the Abrahamic Covenant; Abraham did go to the Promised Land, he did have many descendants, and he is the forefather of many nations. Several hundred years after Abraham, Joshua led the Israelites to claim ownership of the Promised Land. But Israel has never possessed the specific boundaries that God promised in Genesis 15:18–20 and Numbers 34:1-12.

Not even Solomon ruled over this particular area (1 Kings 4:21–24). Although he did reign from the River of Egypt to the Euphrates, he did not hold the area from Mount Hor to Hazarenan (Numbers 34:7–9)—into present-day Lebanon and Syria. In addition, the covenant God made with Abraham was that he and his descendants would have the land forever (Genesis 13:15; 17:8; Ezekiel 16:60). The current Israeli state may be a step in this direction, but they still do not possess the boundaries God laid out.

The Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7)
God’s covenant with David was that his line would never die out and that David’s heir would sit on the throne of Israel forever (2 Samuel 7:16). Biblical scholars agree that Jesus is the fulfillment of this covenant—one of the reasons His genealogy is given for both His adoptive father (Matthew 1:1–17) and His mother (Luke 3:23–38). The Jews understood this when they laid down palm branches and their cloaks as Jesus rode into Jerusalem (Matthew 21:1–17).

They expected Him to be a military/political leader that would liberate them from the Romans and make Israel a great nation again. But they didn’t understand the nature of Jesus’ work at the time was for the New Covenant, not the Davidic Covenant. The 1,000-year reign will be the beginning of Jesus’ reign over Israel and the earth (Revelation 20:4, 6).

The New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34)
The work of the New Covenant—Jesus’ death and resurrection to reconcile hearts to God—has been accomplished. But we have not yet seen the complete fulfillment. Jeremiah 31:33 says, “But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Ezekiel 36:28 gives more specifics: “You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.”

Isaiah 59:20–21 explains that this covenant is possible because of the Redeemer, and the reconciliation He provides will last forever. This covenant does not mean that every Jew will be saved. But it does mean that Israel as a nation will worship their Messiah. The Old Testament prophets who spoke of this covenant, including Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, and Ezekiel, all wrote that it will be fulfilled in the future. From their time on, Israel has yet to be an independent nation that worshiped its Messiah (Romans 9—11). They will be in the 1,000-year reign of Christ.

Other Promises
Those are the covenants God made with Israel that are to be fulfilled in Jesus’ 1,000-year reign, but the Bible lists other promises that will be fulfilled, too. God promised Jesus He will make His enemies a footstool, and that Jesus’ followers will worship Him freely (Psalm 110). God promised the nations of the world that they would live in peace with Jesus as their ruler (Daniel 7:11–14). And He promised creation that the curse would be lifted (Romans 8:18–23), animals and the earth would be restored to peace and prosperity (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:13–15), and people would be freed from disease (Ezekiel 34:16). These, too, will be fulfilled during the 1,000-year reign.

The main purpose of Jesus’ 1,000-year reign is to fulfill the prophecies given to Israel and the promises made to Jesus, the nations, and the whole earth. God’s covenants were voluntary and one-sided. He promised He would bless Israel and restore the world in specific ways, and He will.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

There shall be... a 1000 year reign of Christ, and I'm going to be working for Him during his reign View attachment 41732

Jesus will reign as king over Israel and all the nations of the world (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1).

The world will live in peace (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:18), satan will be bound (Revelation 20:1–3), and, at the beginning, everyone will worship God (Isaiah 2:2–3).

The Land Covenant (Deuteronomy 30:1-10)
God has already fulfilled the personal aspects of the Abrahamic Covenant; Abraham did go to the Promised Land, he did have many descendants, and he is the forefather of many nations. Several hundred years after Abraham, Joshua led the Israelites to claim ownership of the Promised Land. But Israel has never possessed the specific boundaries that God promised in Genesis 15:18–20 and Numbers 34:1-12.

Not even Solomon ruled over this particular area (1 Kings 4:21–24). Although he did reign from the River of Egypt to the Euphrates, he did not hold the area from Mount Hor to Hazarenan (Numbers 34:7–9)—into present-day Lebanon and Syria. In addition, the covenant God made with Abraham was that he and his descendants would have the land forever (Genesis 13:15; 17:8; Ezekiel 16:60). The current Israeli state may be a step in this direction, but they still do not possess the boundaries God laid out.

The Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7)
God’s covenant with David was that his line would never die out and that David’s heir would sit on the throne of Israel forever (2 Samuel 7:16). Biblical scholars agree that Jesus is the fulfillment of this covenant—one of the reasons His genealogy is given for both His adoptive father (Matthew 1:1–17) and His mother (Luke 3:23–38). The Jews understood this when they laid down palm branches and their cloaks as Jesus rode into Jerusalem (Matthew 21:1–17).

They expected Him to be a military/political leader that would liberate them from the Romans and make Israel a great nation again. But they didn’t understand the nature of Jesus’ work at the time was for the New Covenant, not the Davidic Covenant. The 1,000-year reign will be the beginning of Jesus’ reign over Israel and the earth (Revelation 20:4, 6).

The New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34)
The work of the New Covenant—Jesus’ death and resurrection to reconcile hearts to God—has been accomplished. But we have not yet seen the complete fulfillment. Jeremiah 31:33 says, “But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Ezekiel 36:28 gives more specifics: “You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.”

Isaiah 59:20–21 explains that this covenant is possible because of the Redeemer, and the reconciliation He provides will last forever. This covenant does not mean that every Jew will be saved. But it does mean that Israel as a nation will worship their Messiah. The Old Testament prophets who spoke of this covenant, including Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, and Ezekiel, all wrote that it will be fulfilled in the future. From their time on, Israel has yet to be an independent nation that worshiped its Messiah (Romans 9—11). They will be in the 1,000-year reign of Christ.

Other Promises
Those are the covenants God made with Israel that are to be fulfilled in Jesus’ 1,000-year reign, but the Bible lists other promises that will be fulfilled, too. God promised Jesus He will make His enemies a footstool, and that Jesus’ followers will worship Him freely (Psalm 110). God promised the nations of the world that they would live in peace with Jesus as their ruler (Daniel 7:11–14). And He promised creation that the curse would be lifted (Romans 8:18–23), animals and the earth would be restored to peace and prosperity (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:13–15), and people would be freed from disease (Ezekiel 34:16). These, too, will be fulfilled during the 1,000-year reign.

The main purpose of Jesus’ 1,000-year reign is to fulfill the prophecies given to Israel and the promises made to Jesus, the nations, and the whole earth. God’s covenants were voluntary and one-sided. He promised He would bless Israel and restore the world in specific ways, and He will.
Have it your way for now brother, though I don't know how anyone can believe that Jesus will rule this world after it is burned into dust and ashes when He returns...and when He Himself is no longer ruling because He has given the rule back over to the Father at that time. Any true interpretation of Rev simply would not contradict those things.

The danger though, is that many who believe in a future earthly reign are going to get sucked into unbelieving Israel's deception and vision for the future, which includes the same belief in an earthly reign, along with a false messiah sitting in a stone temple made with the hands of man. Jesus said His kingdom is not a matter of lo here it is, or there it is. And He said His coming won't be either.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Do you think that we are to seek God first for the kingdom of God by our imagination? It would seem that many also do that very thing with the "His righteousness" part.

Why would Jesus tell us to seek what we can only imagine? That is ...until we actually seek the Lord. Being translated in the kingdom realm is for right now. Entering into the promises is for now...not later. Waiting for later will prove that we did NOT enter in at the present time.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how anyone can believe that Jesus will rule this world after it is burned into dust and ashes when He returns..

That happens... after the 1000 year reign of Christ right before the Father moves Heaven to earth at which time Jesus turns over all rule back unto the Father

The danger though, is that many who believe in a future earthly reign are going to get sucked into unbelieving Israel's deception and vision for the future, which includes the same belief in an earthly reign, along with a false messiah sitting in a stone temple made with the hands of man. Jesus said His kingdom is not a matter of lo here it is, or there it is. And He said His coming won't be either.

The Word of God teachers... there will be a false messiah and Israel is deceived in to making covenant with that will sit in a rebuilt temple claiming to be god deceiving the majority of the world's population.

Sounds like you may have been caught up in preterism which is not biblical at all as we will find out in the not too distant future.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That happens... after the 1000 year reign of Christ right before the Father moves Heaven to earth at which time Jesus turns over all rule back unto the Father

The Word of God teachers... there will be a false messiah and Israel is deceived in to making covenant with that will sit in a rebuilt temple claiming to be god deceiving the majority of the world's population.

Sounds like you may have been caught up in preterism which is not biblical at all as we will find out in the not too distant future.

I don't know the technical definitions, but I'm probably in a category of being a partial pret.

But brother.....you have not addressed those scriptures that I posted, which show what happens when Christ returns. "Then cometh the end" when He turns the kingdom over to the Father. The END OF THE WORLD is the coming of Christ. The same end that sees all who do iniquity being cast into the fire and those who believe being taken to heaven to FOREVER be with the Lord. Oh well, I guess you dont' even want to consider it. You don't see the inconsistencies with believing in a future millennial reign yet. I was always bothered by those contradictions.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have not addressed those scriptures that I posted, which show what happens when Christ returns.

You need to study ALL of what God's Word says about the endtimes and then get the order of events in the right place.

Otherwise for the preterist there's all kinds of things in God's Word that they'll have to ignore and claim the biblical writers were just throwing in some meaningless blah blah as filler.

You'll have to study this from the anti-preterism point of view as well as list all the scripture they use to make their points and see how it all stacks up.

I have noticed that most preterists have a hatred for the Jews and are anti-semites which lets me know they are not being led by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ... they following another jesus and a different gospel than what it is God's Word.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that we are to seek God first for the kingdom of God by our imagination? It would seem that many also do that very thing with the "His righteousness" part.

Why would Jesus tell us to seek what we can only imagine? That is ...until we actually seek the Lord. Being translated in the kingdom realm is for right now. Entering into the promises is for now...not later. Waiting for later will prove that we did NOT enter in at the present time.
Not imagination, but rather...HOPE. Don't seek for things that perish, including wealth and power, no, but "seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven and all these things shall be added unto you". We don't hope in our own puny imagination, we hope through faith in Christ Jesus. Jesus said "...come, let us go over to the other side" and where He is, is where, by faith in His word, I invision I am headed.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very nice picture you have painted. However, even in Eden there were 4 rivers. I'm sure they were inhabited. I believe that there will certainly be fishes --that there will be every type creature God created. I am certain He had a wonderful time creating them, and will recreate them. That's what He does.
Revelation 21:1 says, “Then I saw ‘a new heaven and a new earth,’ for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.”