What is the Kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a sign of the times that the Kingdom of God is more likely to be associated with an afterlife experience rather than a spiritual realm that we can enter into in a walk of faith at the present time. Join me on this episode as we explore "What is the Kingdom of God?".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gods Exclusive Estate, Located Above / Beyond the Stars of the Heaven(S), where NO man, NO created Spirit can GO.

Where / What is Gods Throne?

The Heaven(S).

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to teach people to walk in faith in the Holy Spirit.

As you stated:

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Luke 17:20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

What things can we do to be in the Holy Spirit and invite him into our lives:

Baptism & Sacrament
Obeying the Commandments
Praying
Reading Scriptures
Attending a Church
Serving Others in Charity
Proclaiming the Gospel
Etc...

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

To live more perfectly we must be of the heart of the following:

Acts 4:32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. 34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

Perfect our love for God and our brothers and sisters and we will walk with the spirit.

Remember what is written about faith alone:

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Are we doing the works that the Father desires of us? We can feel the fruits of the Holy Spirit and know we are serving him and doing his will:

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

And by the following we know how we can be filled with the Holy Spirit which is the Kingdom, by doing the will of the Father:

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My own belief is, as soon as we become Born Of The Spirit, we are then in Gods Spiritual realm on earth ...we belong to him, so, I guess you can also call it, being in his Kingdom.

We communicate with God via his Holy Spirit his Holy Spirit speaks Gods word to us through the Bible.

We see with those eyes and hear with those ears...in the Spirit.

Commentary.

We must have spiritual eyes that see and spiritual ears that hear to know and understand the wisdom and knowledge of God. In Ephesians chapter one and three the Apostle Paul proclaimed that he ceased not to pray that the spiritual eyes of the believers be opened so that they may be filled with the fulness of God. And he finishes these prayers by emphatically proclaiming that God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. Knowing that these prayers were answered and the believers were empowered to have spiritual eyes that see and spiritual ears that hear to know and understand the wisdom and knowledge of God.

• In Ephesians 1:16-17 Paul prayed “that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints . . .” (KJV).
  • And in Ephesians 3:18-19 Paul prayed that believers “may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God” (KJV).
It is the will of God for our spiritual eyes and ears to be opened to know the deep things of God, the wisdom of God, all things that God has prepared for us, and all things that God has freely given to us as written in 1 Corinthians 2:9-12. These are revealed unto us by his Spirit. God is not hiding anything from us. It is our responsibility to position ourselves to have spiritual eyes to see and spiritual ears to hear. It is written in Matthew 7:7-8 "ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" (KJV). And in Revelation 3:20 Jesus said "behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (KJV). We must diligently seek to have spiritual eyes that see and spiritual ears that hear.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The gospel........is "the gospel of the kingdom" (bible), and it is also written that Jesus said "the kingdom comes not with careful observation but is WITHIN you."

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great video Epi. I need to watch it again, as there were a few points you made that are worth discussing. You've pointed out many times about the price one needs to pay, in this video and various threads. Like buying the field with the treasure. "Stripped of self". It seems people fall flat before trying to understand what that truly means? Letting go of things we find important in this life, which has no value in the eternal life? For example, working hard to have a nice big home, or a fancy car. As well stripping ourselves of worldly traditions? Something common as dating for younger followers of Christ. Ultimately, would it be how much we strip of ourselves, to allow Christ to shine through our life to others? How much we want to be like Christ, compared to how little or nothing our "self" is still present? Christ's life is an example of serving God and others. Many go as far as only giving God "lip service" to show they serve Him, but ignore what Christ would be doing for other people around them in their life?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Stripped of self
Do you think when one is being down right rude to another, would you call that stripped of self?

Would that be of the old mindset?

The old prideful ego?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a sign of the times that the Kingdom of God is more likely to be associated with an afterlife experience rather than a spiritual realm that we can enter into in a walk of faith at the present time. Join me on this episode as we explore "What is the Kingdom of God?".

The Kingdom of god has three segments.

Teh spiritual, the millenial and the eternal. right now it is the spiritual aspect of the kingdom that has predominance on earth.

Reactions: marks and Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I wonder how long it took Episkopos to compose that Photo for his Video that you see, that has light coming down upon him from the heavens.

Geez, its just unbelievable......this person... truly.

If he shows himself walking on water in the next photo or video don't say i didn't warn you...

So, what is the Kingdom of God?

Its God and Christ, themselves.
See....When Jesus was telling the Jews that the Kingdom of God is "at hand" He was literally speaking about Himself.
And those nail pierced HANDS are part of the reason that you and i can become a part, and have, (born again).

So, when you are born again.. you are born again "IN CHRIST"... Joined Spiritually To God.... as become "ONE WITH GOD"... and now you are in the KOG., because you are in them, and they are in YOU.

• Love
Reactions: marks and Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder how long it took Episkopos to compose that Photo for his Video that you see, that has light coming down upon him from the heavens.

Geez, its just unbelievable......this person... truly.

If he shows himself walking on water in the next photo or video don't say i didn't warn you...

So, what is the Kingdom of God?

Its God and Christ, themselves.
See....When Jesus was telling the Jews that the Kingdom of God is "at hand" He was literally speaking about Himself.
And those nail pierced HANDS are part of the reason that you and i can become a part, and have, (born again).

So, when you are born again.. you are born again "IN CHRIST"... Joined Spiritually To God.... as become "ONE WITH GOD"... and now you are in the KOG., because you are in them, and they are in YOU.
Amen, absolutely! And the apostle wrote that we are IN the Spirit if we HAVE the Spirit, ie, IN us. Christ's spirit....meaning we are IN Him if we HAVE Him IN us. Christ IN us the hope of glory.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen, absolutely! And the apostle wrote that we are IN the Spirit if we HAVE the Spirit, ie, IN us. Christ's spirit....meaning we are IN Him if we HAVE Him IN us. Christ IN us the hope of glory.

The BORN.... AGAIN........ that is BORN TWICE....(2x)... one is the Earth Mother Birth, and one is the Birth of/in the Spirit that is performed by the Holy Spirit.

= """God, is... A... Spirit""".... and """Jesus is... THAT Spirit"""..

The BORN..... Again.... *Jesus said*, "you must be born AGAIN"..... is the Spiritual Birth, performed by GOD..."who is A Spirit' = upon THE BELIEVER..

This transforms US.... the now BORN AGAIN, .. into a "NEW CREATION">.. "IN CHRIST"..

And THAT, is the LITERAL "Son/Daughter" of God....... who is now "seated in Heavenly Places... In Christ"...

ALL THAT, is not the body or the mind..., and when this is truly understood by the BELIEVER, then they are beginning to SEE THEMSELVES, as GOD sees ALL the Born AGAIN.......always and forever.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People be like.....Why risk ourselves by trying to take the Promised land? There is no such thing, really. It's just an ideal not worth pursuing. Why risk ourselves in an impossible venture? Haven't we been already saved by a most miraculous work of God...just look at what it took to divide the Red Sea? Are we going to downplay that? Are we going to look down or diminish that great miracle? Why not just grow in the wilderness with the favour we have already been given? Why can't we just be happy IN our salvation from Egypt? How could God expect MORE from us than allowing ourselves to be saved? Why do we have to change our ways? God has to do the changing....not us. God saved us while we were yet sinners? So then He must want us to continue that way? What kind of father would expect so much from his children?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God saved us while we were yet sinners? So then He must want us to continue that way?

Noone on this forum believes that God saved them so that they can keep on sinning.
So, its ignorant to even suggest that....

Please put your Kool-aide Theology back in your finger pointing book of self righteousness, and shut it for life.

Ive wondered in the past... @Episkopos .... if there is anything that can come out of your mouth, posts, or videos, that does not try to demean, insult, or ridicule ALL other Christians.

I dont wonder about that anymore.
We SEE you.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People be like.....Why risk ourselves by trying to take the Promised land? There is no such thing, really. It's just an ideal not worth pursuing. Why risk ourselves in an impossible venture? Haven't we been already saved by a most miraculous work of God...just look at what it took to divide the Red Sea? Are we going to downplay that? Are we going to look down or diminish that great miracle? Why not just grow in the wilderness with the favour we have already been given? Why can't we just be happy IN our salvation from Egypt? How could God expect MORE from us than allowing ourselves to be saved? Why do we have to change our ways? God has to do the changing....not us. God saved us while we were yet sinners? So then He must want us to continue that way? What kind of father would expect so much from his children?
Of course that is not what I be like, or others. But there is no point in going further until you get the foundation right...as well as other problems. That foundation has to be right or the rest of the building will be askew.

Psa 11:3

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course that is not what I be like, or others. But there is no point in going further until you get the foundation right...as well as other problems. That foundation has to be right or the rest of the building will be askew.

While you are stuck on the foundation, do you realize that we are building on it whether we think we are or not. How many are building with their own human understanding? Religious conditioning? Best guesses?

But Jesus counsels us to buy from Him the materials that can withstand the fires of judgment.

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev. 3:18

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit should be an active reality in the life of all Christians... right now!

Thru God's Word... we should be partaking in His divine nature!

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not surprising at all when those who twist the words of God likewise have no scruple about habitually twisting the words of others in their own interests. Neither is honest or accurate and therefore does no good to anyone.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not surprising at all when those who twist the words of God likewise have no scruple about habitually twisting the words of others in their own interests. Neither is honest or accurate and therefore does no good to anyone.
"Of course that is not what I be like, or others. But there is no point in going further until you get the foundation right...as well as other problems. That foundation has to be right or the rest of the building will be askew." (Circular Wilderness type reasoning provided by Lizbeth)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Of course that is not what I be like, or others. But there is no point in going further until you get the foundation right...as well as other problems. That foundation has to be right or the rest of the building will be askew." (Circular Wilderness type reasoning provided by Lizbeth)
You're being coy but it isn't cute, it's just dishonest.

As for me personally I've been hammering on for a long time about the need to leave the foundation and go on to perfection. ....not putting down stakes and camping out indefinitely on the shore of the Red Sea. If we don't keep growing and following the Lord, forgetting what lies behind and reaching for what lies ahead, we will end up like Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt and devoid of life. The truth doesn't seem to be in you, Episkopos, and it doesn't bother your conscience one bit.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So in your view Romans 14:17 is false doctrine?