What Is The Meaning Of Jesus The Son Of God? and Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus was conceived upon Mary by God's Holy Spirit.
Just to address your link there....
From what I read, in all instances bar two, Jesus is rightly called "the Son of God".....

In this part Jesus was called "God the Son".....
"Did Jesus Become The Son Before He Came To Earth
A fifth view has Jesus as the Son of God before He came to earth - He was always the Son of God. Jesus has always been in a subordinate position as God the Son from all eternity. Although equal to the Father in nature, He has been submissive in His role."

And here he is referred to likewise as "God the Son"....
"Jesus Had A Role In Creation
For example, God the Father spoke, the words that brought the universe into existence while God the Son was the agent who brought them to pass. The Bible says of Jesus."

To my understanding of scripture, Jesus is never once referred to in the Bible as "God the Son" nor is the holy spirit ever referred to as "God the Holy Spirit". These terms were invented when the doctrines of the RCC were formulated in the 4th century.
Roman emperor Constantine played an important role in their acceptance. Viewing religious division as a threat to the unity of the empire, he summoned a council of bishops at Nicea in 325 C.E. After two months of debate, the unbaptized emperor decided in favor of advocates of the trinity, who signed the [Nicean] creed, many of them much against their inclination. Dissenters were banished.
Not many people know that the trinity was not generally accepted in the early centuries, and only through fierce debate did it become official "church" doctrine in the 4th century.

All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being (John 1:3).
Yes...agency is what is referred to here....as it is in Colossians 1:15-17....
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

As the "firstborn of ALL creation" he had to exist before ALL creation, and he had to be part of creation. The resurrected Jesus refers to his creation in Rev 3:14....
"And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation."

He is the "beginning of God's creation"....the first and only direct creation of his God and Father.....
This is what scripture tells me.....

Reactions: ButterflyJones

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's stunning that you think the baby Jesus was not human.
Many people, as yourself, believe Jesus who IS Spirit, IS the Lord God, IS the Maker of Creation, IS a Created Human of the dust of the Earth.

I Don’t.

Do you ALSO believe spirit angels who have the power to appear AS a human man ARE human men?

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he wasn't 100% human, then the "ransom" was not paid. (Matthew 20:28) A "ransom" is the exact amount demanded for the release of a captive....in our case, we are all captives to sin and death through Adam's sin, but the one price Christ willingly paid, covered all of us. (1 Cor 15:22)

The 'first Adam' threw the whole human race under the bus....only the "last Adam" could pay for what the first Adam did, (1 Cor 15:45) by offering an equivalent life in accord with God's law......"an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life".
Adam lost sinless life for all his children....Christ's sacrifice paid 'a sinless life for a sinless life', thereby cancelling the debt.

He HAD to be 100% human....and God made sure that he was.
IF…Jesus was a Human…He would have been created like all Humans OUT OF the Dust of the Earth, His Blood corrupt, and His Flesh would have Died, RETURNED, to Dust of the Earth.
So Where IS Jesus Grave, Where His (supposed human Body) is Rotting RETURNING to Dust of the Earth?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to address your link there....
From what I read, in all instances bar two, Jesus is rightly called "the Son of God".....
Jesus IS CALLED the Son of God…for ONE Reason…
Because God Declared it So.

What a man should have understood from Gods Declaration….is exactly what the historical Jews understood….

Every living KIND of thing God Created, He created TO REPRODUCE its SAME KIND of thing.
God Is without BeGINNING…IT impossible to CREATE something WITHOUT a beginning….

A SON by default IS a created Offspring.
Jesus claiming He is The Son of God (God…who can not create something without a beginning) IN FACT was Jesus claiming He IS God….and EXACTLY WHY….the Jews wanted TO Kill Jesus.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did the Jews CALL Jesus “a man”?

Because to their “human Eyes” Jesus looked like a “a human”.

Why did Jesus “Look Like” a human man?

Because God PREPARED a Body (in the Likeness AS a man ) For Gods Word, that which God Sent OUT of God Mouth (in Heaven) TO Mary (on Earth) Virgin Womb.

All Scriptural teaching.

And….Did Jesus RETURN to Dust of the Earth AS DO Humans? No.
Jesus’ Body RETURNED to Heaven from where He was Sent From.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What Is The Meaning Of Jesus The Son Of God? and Why?​

Op^

Jesus Son of God…means Jesus IS God.

Why?
Because God Promised He would walk among men.

Dilemma;
Human men can Not See God with their Human eyes and Not be instantly consumed by His Brightness.

Solution;
God prepared a BODY in the Likeness AS A man, for Human men TO SEE, and SENT that PREPARED Body To Earth, to walk among men, fulfilling Gods Promise.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he ( Who already EXISTED) cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people, as yourself, believe Jesus who IS Spirit, IS the Lord God, IS the Maker of Creation, IS a Created Human of the dust of the Earth.

I Don’t.

Do you ALSO believe spirit angels who have the power to appear AS a human man ARE human men?

You believe in all kinds of strange things.

I don’t.

Flimsy facts make a flimsy faith. I’ll leave you with your beliefs. See you on the next episode of Ancient Aliens.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can an Angel that which IS a created and made Celestial being….take on the FORM (body) of a terrestrial human man and Be Seen by terrestrial human man?

Yes.

Is that Celestial being “A Human man”? No.

Does that Celestial being “Appear” “AS” a human man? Yes.

Will A human mans EYES SEE the form of a Human MAN? Yes.

Will the Human man call what he Sees that Appears “AS” a man….a man? Yes.

Will a human man SEE the difference? No.

Can a human man BE WISE enough to “Know” the difference? Yes.

Angels IN the Likeness AS a man visited Abraham. Abraham called them MEN, but KNEW they were Celestial Spirits Called Angels.

Jesus’ Disciples MET Jesus in the Likeness AS. A MAN….the Apostles Gained The WISDOM, to Know, Jesus IS Spirit, and Appeared to Them in the Likeness AS a man.

Scripture teaches MEN Will do astounding things comparable to astounding things God does by His Power.

Example:
Men…without notice to others….can APPEAR “AS” a Woman….be Called a Woman….but to the Wise…they KNOW…”it” IS a man.

Example:
Heb 13:
[2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

How Does a human Man entertain a stranger AND Not KNOW he is entertaining AN SPIRIT (Angel)?

Because that SPIRT has exercised its POWER to Appear “AS” a human man, that which Human EYES CAN SEE.

No. Jesus was never A Human Man.
Yes. Jesus absolutely DID APPEAR “AS” a human man….expressly in A Form (BODY) God Himself PREPARED for WHEN He would come down from ( the Celestial World…Called Heaven TO “this Terrestrial World…called Earth. )

Seeing is one thing.
Wisdom of Knowing the Truth is another thing.

Laugh as you please… @Mr E
Gods Truth is but foolishness to mans understanding.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 3-22-23 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Adar 29, 5783 92nd. Winter Day

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil 2:
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus is Who’s Form? God
What is a Form? Body
Can you “a Human” See Gods Body (form)?

[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Jesus DID WHAT?
Took UPON Himself What?
What Form did Jesus Take Upon Himself?

What Would YOU SEE…. IF Jesus REMOVED THAT FORM “HE took Upon Himself”?

You a human….would SEE nothing, Because Jesus IS Spirit!

[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

That FORM (body)Jesus took UPON Himself was the Form God Prepared.

Do you know the difference Between the Meaning of….”IS and AS”?

You say Jesus “is” a human man.

I agree with the Word of God…Jesus “Appeared” “as” a human man….in the Form (body) God prepared and Jesus Took upon Himself, so human men Could SEE Him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus’ Reputation IS He IS the Everlasting Heavenly Spirit God, without Beginning or Ending.

Jesus’ Humbleness WAS “Covering His Reputation”… BY taking Upon Himself A bodily Form God Himself Prepared.

Jesus’ Truth is He came forth OUT from God.
It is False That Jesus came forth OUT from the dust of the earth, as applies to created human men.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Does God love you BECAUSE you believe Jesus came FORTH OUT from God?

John 1:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you Learn …. Jesus, God Himself came Forth OUT from God….and Was Sent to Where?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can an Angel that which IS a created and made Celestial being….take on the FORM (body) of a terrestrial human man and Be Seen by terrestrial human man?

Yes.

Is that Celestial being “A Human man”? No.

Does that Celestial being “Appear” “AS” a human man? Yes.

Will A human mans EYES SEE the form of a Human MAN? Yes.

Will the Human man call what he Sees that Appears “AS” a man….a man? Yes.

Will a human man SEE the difference? No.

Can a human man BE WISE enough to “Know” the difference? Yes.

Angels IN the Likeness AS a man visited Abraham. Abraham called them MEN, but KNEW they were Celestial Spirits Called Angels.

Jesus’ Disciples MET Jesus in the Likeness AS. A MAN….the Apostles Gained The WISDOM, to Know, Jesus IS Spirit, and Appeared to Them in the Likeness AS a man.

Scripture teaches MEN Will do astounding things comparable to astounding things God does by His Power.

Example:
Men…without notice to others….can APPEAR “AS” a Woman….be Called a Woman….but to the Wise…they KNOW…”it” IS a man.

Example:
Heb 13:
[2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

How Does a human Man entertain a stranger AND Not KNOW he is entertaining AN SPIRIT (Angel)?

Because that SPIRT has exercised its POWER to Appear “AS” a human man, that which Human EYES CAN SEE.

No. Jesus was never A Human Man.
Yes. Jesus absolutely DID APPEAR “AS” a human man….expressly in A Form (BODY) God Himself PREPARED for WHEN He would come down from ( the Celestial World…Called Heaven TO “this Terrestrial World…called Earth. )

Seeing is one thing.
Wisdom of Knowing the Truth is another thing.

Laugh as you please… @Mr E
Gods Truth is but foolishness to mans understanding.

These above, are your BELIEFS.

They are a combination of ideas you dreamed up, things you may have been taught by others, or supposed yourself-- but they are not declarations of fact-- they are beliefs and some of them are frankly quite ridiculous. I will say however, that I appreciate you taking your beliefs to their logical conclusion. For example, if a person truly believes that Jesus had no earthly father-- then you would be correct in saying that he is NOT fully human and like any of us. (Of course that idea violates scripture which states he was like us in every way).

But your view is at least a conclusion consistent with that belief. You also make God out to be some sort of trickster-- who makes Jesus "appear" as something he is not (according to your belief). I don't think God is a trickster, nor that Jesus was some sort of pretender-- just playing along in the role of a man as if he was an actor and his earthly ministry simply a charade.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy;

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Prophecy of Where that “hole my thing sent forth out of Gods mouth was SENT;

Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore alsothat holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

That Holy Thing…called The Word of Hod.

John 1:
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Prophecy; Gods World Would Accomplish.
Fulfilled Prophecy; Gods Word Accomplished

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Stayed Tuned….what Jesus Accomplished IS Finished….LAST Phase….when ALL God has
Foretold, came to pass, continues to come to pass….shall END…and be Called….DONE.

Rev 21:
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Then Shall Born Again MEN SEE God as He IS….and men NOT Born Again Shall See Him, AS the Son of Man; and each Shall receive their JUST judgement and JUST consequence.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These above, are your BELIEFS.

They are a combination of ideas you dreamed up, things you may have been taught by others, or supposed yourself-- but they are not declarations of fact-- they are beliefs and some of them are frankly quite ridiculous.

Your opinion of a dream, or teaching of other men IS Flat out False.

Scripture IS the Written Knowledge of Gods Word, which God Himself Inspired and Revealed IS reliable to believe is God Truth.

Understanding of Gods Knowledge IS ONLY given a man VIA Hod Himself giving His Understanding TO a man WHO HAS a relationship WITH the Lord God Himself.

I get my knowledge from Scripture.
I get my Understanding from God Himself…
Because….I ASK Him….and Trust He IS Fathiful and True To Give to me what I ask Him for.

I will say however, that I appreciate you taking your beliefs to their logical conclusion.
I not once said or implied I concluded who Jesus IS….by, through or of a Carnal Minded LOGICAL conclusion.
My testimony has repeatedly been A spiritual Heartful belief….

Your disagreement with me, I would SAY IS solely based on YOUR Carnal Minded Opinion….which is irrelevant when discussing Spiritual things.

If in your Hearts thoughts you believe Gods Word is A Created Human Man….you might want to study up on Gods offering to Circumcise a mans Heart….and consider having God Change your natural truth to Gods Spiritual Truth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Of course that idea violates scripture which states he was like us in every way).
Jesus’ Body God Prepared…was “Like A humans”.

Flesh, Bones, Blood, Ate, Slept, Laughed, Cried, Was revealed coming forth from a Womb of A human Woman….Had a Jewish mommy, a Jewish Daddy to teach and raise Him. He lived His Body was killed. His body was raised up alive. He had nor committed Sin.

Is that like you in all ways?
Are you without sin? Are you Jewish? Did you bodily Die and raised back to Living? Are you not married? Are you homeless? Are you all knowing?
Are you the Word, Spirit, Power Wisdom, Seed of God? Jesus IS!

Learn the Spiritual Understanding, of What ALL means in context.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinion of a dream, or teaching of other men IS Flat out False.

Scripture IS the Written Knowledge of Gods Word, which God Himself Inspired and Revealed IS reliable to believe is God Truth.

Understanding of Gods Knowledge IS ONLY given a man VIA Hod Himself giving His Understanding TO a man WHO HAS a relationship WITH the Lord God Himself.

I get my knowledge from Scripture.
I get my Understanding from God Himself…
Because….I ASK Him….and Trust He IS Fathiful and True To Give to me what I ask Him for.

I not once said or implied I concluded who Jesus IS….by, through or of a Carnal Minded LOGICAL conclusion.
My testimony has repeatedly been A spiritual Heartful belief….

Your disagreement with me, I would SAY IS solely based on YOUR Carnal Minded Opinion….which is irrelevant when discussing Spiritual things.

If in your Hearts thoughts you believe Gods Word is A Created Human Man….you might want to study up on Gods offering to Circumcise a mans Heart….and consider having God Change your natural truth to Gods Spiritual Truth.

I'd be happy to examine it in detail if you'd like. How do you sidestep passages that stipulate that the Spirit came in the flesh of Jesus?

For example--

You a human….would SEE nothing, Because Jesus IS Spirit!

The test of scripture is those who confess Jesus -- as the Christ who has come in the flesh. Jesus is NOT spirit, but the flesh that the Spirit indwelled.

By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses Jesus as the Christ who has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that refuses to confess Jesus, that spirit is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and now is already in the world.

And this-- Was he made like us (his brothers and sisters) in every way? -Or do you deny this too?

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, he likewise shared in their humanity, so that through death he could destroy the one who holds the power of death (that is, the devil), and set free those who were held in slavery all their lives by their fear of death. For surely his concern is not for angels, but he is concerned for Abraham’s descendants. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people. For since he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.