What is the narrow gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught----- Enter through the narrow gate, because cramped is the road that leads to life( eternal) FEW will find it. Have you seen the narrow gate? Are you one of the FEW?
The gate is so narrow in fact - no one will find it. It’s so narrow you can’t get in. So narrow, it’s gateless.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said- "You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2/6)
So in a sense Jesus shows us how to get off the earth, just like Riddick shows people the way off this rock..:)

Reactions: Patrick1966

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Narrow Gate? Let's see, ONLY Noah and his were saved of all on Earth. ONLY Lot and his were saved. I think Narrow means FEW!

Last edited:

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again...
Jesus Himself is the narrow gate.
KJV Rom. 8:9, Rev. 3:20.
He's also the door

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. - John 10:7

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. - John 10:9

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The world has got to where there are only a few true believers but God has always had a remnant of people somewhere who would believe Him. Look at the antediluvian world. There was just a few. Noah, his sons, his daughter-in-laws, & his wife. That was all that went into the ark. Jesus said, "As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the coming of the Son of man".
Yes! Many professing christians do not know the difference between "church-ianity" and "Christ-ianity".
KJV Romans 8:8-9, 1 John 5:12-13 and Rev. 3:20 spells out the difference.
See also Mat. 7:21-23 and then compare
Mat.7:7-11 with Luke 11:11-13.
Now compare Rev. 3:20 to Rom. 8:9.

Many are working for Christ, instead of resting in Christ. The story of Martha and Mary is the clear example of it. Luke 10:38-42.
Are you working FOR Jesus, or is Jesus working THROUGH YOU?

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that we are supposed to walk the narrow path of making choices that are consistent with God's commandments and to do so sincerely. Following the "Great Commandment" is at the top of the list of what we're supposed to do.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And above all we should-
"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philip 2:12 KJV)
rather than blindly follow the herds of organised religions and cults, that's why I prefer to be non-denominational like Avon..:)-

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that we are supposed to walk the narrow path of making choices that are consistent with God's commandments and to do so sincerely. Following the "Great Commandment" is at the top of the list of what we're supposed to do.
Actually no!!
THIS....is the will/work of God that we are suppose to "DO": "believe on him whom he has sent".
John 6[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent

As for anything else we are suppose to "do", its NOT you that should be doing it, but rather Jesus within you who will be doing it, that is if one gets out of one's own way and let's Him.
Rom. 12
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Reactions: Dropship

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you really don't know what the following means: Gal. 2
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I was reacting to your admonition against doing what Jesus told us to do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Apparently, you really don't know what the following means: Gal. 2
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
priceless lol, ty

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BY ME if any man enter in He shall be saved .
JESUS IS the narrow gate .
allah , budda , pope francis nor scores of others can save a soul . Come ye one and come all
to CHRIST JESUS before its too late .

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reacting to your admonition against doing what Jesus told us to do.
Jesus told US to DO the work of the Father's will-
"believe on him whom he has sent".
John 6[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

It's really quite simple....believe on Jesus.
Any and all other "works" ordained of God through Jesus, will be accomplished after we are a confirmed Holy Spirit led "believer", by Jesus Himself (by His Holy Spirit) THROUGH us.

All we need to do is be available and be empty vessels, ready for the Saviors will to be performed in us and through us.

I already provided the scriptures to help in that understanding.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus taught----- Enter through the narrow gate, because cramped is the road that leads to life( eternal) FEW will find it. Have you seen the narrow gate? Are you one of the FEW?
This is a very ancient thread. The narrow gate is Christ Himself.