What is the narrow gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Purity said:
Michael,

Notheads account has been disabled.

Purity
Really Purity.................that's to bad...sorry to hear it......I was really starting to listen to him and believe what he was telling me....

was................
..................................................nuts :)

Just a kiddin....ya know me....................I'm a little warped at times :)

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Really Purity.................that's to bad...sorry to hear it......I was really starting to listen to him and believe what he was telling me....

was................

The sorrow just oozes from your post.

I enjoyed his quirky sayings and he had something revealed to him concerning the true nature of the Godhead.

Gotta love that Randor; no creed language accepted that's for sure...he could define his faith from the Word "Yah" from the first five books - how many Christians could do that here?

Zero (imagine the large font ;)

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
RANDOR, on 03 Jun 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:
RANDOR said:

was................

I enjoyed his quirky sayings and he had something revealed to him concerning the true nature of the Godhead.

Gotta love that Randor; no creed language accepted that's for sure...he could define his faith from the Word "Yah" from the first five books - how many Christians could do that here?

Edited by Purity, Today, 08:32 AM.

Don't let this enemy agent get to you Randor; "He who will sustain" is with you; Christ Jesus our Lord.
Floyd.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While it was only a matter of time before "nothead" resorted to base personal attacks and a subsequent electronic banishment (for lack of any sound argument), I'm thankful to him for giving us the opportunity to let the truth of God's word shine out and overpower the vain attempts of his darkened mind. Its a shame that on the day of his judgment he won't be able to defend himself with word games and false interpretations, when all that the Lord requires is submission to His will and faith in our Savior. The two most dreadful words that I can think of are "anathema maranatha" and I don't wish such a fate upon anyone though its an awful thing to mislead people and draw them away from the simplicity of the gospel, even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Amen

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
While it was only a matter of time before "nothead" resorted to base personal attacks and a subsequent electronic banishment (for lack of any sound argument), I'm thankful to him for giving us the opportunity to let the truth of God's word shine out and overpower the vain attempts of his darkened mind. Its a shame that on the day of his judgment he won't be able to defend himself with word games and false interpretations, when all that the Lord requires is submission to His will and faith in our Savior. The two most dreadful words that I can think of are "anathema maranatha" and I don't wish such a fate upon anyone though its an awful thing to mislead people and draw them away from the simplicity of the gospel, even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Amen
Michael,

While he may have resorted to personal attacks his arguments were strong and based firmly in the God of Abraham and not the god of Constantine. His understanding of the Shema both in terms of the Old Testament teaching and that of Christ and the Apostles was completely correct according to the Scriptures. The Abrahamic faith has long been the truth and the life as revealed through the Son of Abraham - a promised Son. Afterall the gospel was preached to Abraham long before Constantine called for unity under a man made document - long before the Greek and Romans injected their mythology into Gods truth.

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, proclaimed the gospel to Abraham ahead of time,saying, "All the nations will be blessed in you."
(Galatians 3:8)

No Trinity, No Devils or Satan's, No Immortality of the Soul, No Heaven Going, No God-man, No Hypostasis...rather a true and pure Gospel of God through a "not yet born" Son - but promised none the less.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Michael,

While he may have resorted to personal attacks his arguments were strong and based firmly in the God of Abraham and not the god of Constantine. His understanding of the Shema both in terms of the Old Testament teaching and that of Christ and the Apostles was completely correct according to the Scriptures. The Abrahamic faith has long been the truth and the life as revealed through the Son of Abraham - a promised Son. Afterall the gospel was preached to Abraham long before Constantine called for unity under a man made document - long before the Greek and Romans injected their mythology into Gods truth.

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, proclaimed the gospel to Abraham ahead of time,saying, "All the nations will be blessed in you."

No Trinity, No Devils or Satan's, No Immortality of the Soul, No Heaven Going, No God-man, No Hypostasis...rather a true and pure Gospel of God through a "not yet born" Son - but promised none the less.

P.
Your usual rubbish; you are the same as your friend nothread AND SHOULD BE BANNED...........
Please answer my questions:

Now that you have placed all that disagree with your non Biblical teaching into the category of "fools"; will you now help the "fools" to understand your deep and special understanding of the Holy Bible (God's Word); which you have special access to; so that we can benefit from your wisdom!

Your past comments state:

You do not accept the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You deny the Deity of the Holy Spirit.
You do not accept that the "shema" is reference to The compound entity; Godhead
You deny the existence of Satan.
You deny Satan tempted Eve.
You assert that only your interpretation of Scripture is valid!

This is profoundly tedious heresy; (why don't you complain to the management?)

I ask again; despite your weasel words and attempt to slide side ways by blaming all and sundry for your own devious avoidance of your own teachings;

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Floyd said:
RANDOR, on 03 Jun 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Edited by Purity, Today, 08:32 AM.

Don't let this enemy agent get to you Randor; "He who will sustain" is with you; Christ Jesus our Lord.
Floyd.
Floyd...............as I lay my sword down upon this rock...
Thank you for having my back.........you must have a bright light.....if they put ya on ignore (hurts their eyes) :) And they scatter

This enemy we speak of my friend...............is not Purity.................it's the enemy we battle everyday...it's the enemy God has shown us how to battle.

No weapon formed against me shall prosper....

I've seen many people as such as Purity...............get delivered and set free.........from this so called wonder in their minds.

Many...want it easy....the word.................they are like Liberals wanting something for nothing....the easy road.

I tell you this day.............anyone can have their own Damascus experience......as Jesus said who touched my garment?

I tell you this day...Jesus awaits that touch.............church on Sundays is not enough James 4:8

For some in this day and age they must crawl through cactus to reach His garment....meaning::::::satan's hold can be that strong
and to break loose.......you must crawl over drugs, you must crawl over cult teachings, you must crawl over yourself.
And the pain which satan will put one through will be deadly.

For if he sees one of his followers actually making that move towards that garment......his armies will stop at nothing.

But......................his greatest weapon......which is truly formed against Purity....is that he doesn't exist.

And that is where you and I come in....................BOLDLY FOR PURITY'S DEFENSE

I'm sure Purity is rolling on the floor by now :)
What else would you expect?
NO ONE ROCKS OUR WORLD.......NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't touch what we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Back to the OP

Jesus taught----- Enter through the narrow gate, because cramped is the road that leads to life( eternal) FEW will find it. Have you seen the narrow gate? Are you one of the FEW?
The path is narrowing not just narrow. "thlibo" gives the idea of squeezing and constriction. Has the idea of "tribulation" or "persecution".

Reminds me of Acts 9:11.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
Michael,

P.
Not really worth the time of a response, but God values your eternal soul. You've just called Christ a liar (or the authors of the New testament scriptures). What business do you have on a Christian debate forum?
Even such blasphemy is forgivable and may be covered by the blood of Jesus, but you must acknowledge your sin and believe on the only begotten Son of God, that He died to pay the price of atonement and rose again to verify the truth of His testimony. Hell is as real as heaven and is a place of torments that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Jesus taught that before the church existed. He spoke more about Hell than just about anything else. So I ask you please to stop blaspheming Jesus Christ as this is an offense to all who know Him, and also to repent of your sin and be saved. You may know Him and eternal life, but you must be born again.

Oops, too late, it appears that Purity has already been ejected from the house.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Michael Pardo:.
Not really worth the time of a response, but God values your eternal soul. You've just called Christ a liar (or the authors of the New testament scriptures). What business do you have on a Christian debate forum?
Even such blasphemy is forgivable and may be covered by the blood of Jesus, but you must acknowledge your sin and believe on the only begotten Son of God, that He died to pay the price of atonement and rose again to verify the truth of His testimony. Hell is as real as heaven and is a place of torments that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Jesus taught that before the church existed. He spoke more about Hell than just about anything else. So I ask you please to stop blaspheming Jesus Christ as this is an offense to all who know Him, and also to repent of your sin and be saved. You may know Him and eternal life, but you must be born again.

Oops, too late, it appears that Purity has already been ejected from the house.

Floyd.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Arnie Manitoba said:
Why is it that many Christians feel that many Christians are not on the narrow road

Except they themselves of course.
Good question. Another is why do people assume that Jesus left things the way they were? He used the word "few", concerning those who find life through the narrow gate. But this does not match up with God's promise to Abraham.The term "innumerable", found in John's revelation of those around the throne, is hardly the same as "few". In Jesus' commentary concerning man's ability, He used the word 'impossible'. Those who feel that they are on the narrow road that Jesus spoke of, also must realize they are on an impossible one, no? But when the veil was torn from top to bottom, I think this signifies God making these things possilbe that with man, are impossible. There are two ways to try to get life; get it free, or get it by way of God owing it. There's no mixing the two, as some try to do. That is called 'leaven'.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
williemac said:
Good question. Another is why do people assume that Jesus left things the way they were? He used the word "few", concerning those who find life through the narrow gate. But this does not match up with God's promise to Abraham.The term "innumerable", found in John's revelation of those around the throne, is hardly the same as "few". In Jesus' commentary concerning man's ability, He used the word 'impossible'. Those who feel that they are on the narrow road that Jesus spoke of, also must realize they are on an impossible one, no? But when the veil was torn from top to bottom, I think this signifies God making these things possilbe that with man, are impossible. There are two ways to try to get life; get it free, or get it by way of God owing it. There's no mixing the two, as some try to do. That is called 'leaven'.
The confusion is because most of the worlds Christians do not differentiate between what has been said to Israel, and what is applicable to Christians.
Floyd.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Arnie Manitoba, on 05 Jun 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:
Arnie Manitoba said:
Why is it that many Christians feel that many Christians are not on the narrow road

Except they themselves of course.
Hi Arnie......hope all is well.

Let me take a stab at this.....

I don't know where to start..........this one is like writing a book...............if I can just get that first sentence done......

Wow!!!!!!! the way ya worded that question.........is tuff.........."except they themselves"...if ya just hadn't of put that in there.....

Nope..............I got nothin here..................

Dang it...............it's a good question.........................but..........son of a gun.......I have answers....but when I come up with many....all....don't work.

Arnie...no more hard questions.

I'm out :)

Floyd.................nice try...........I think :wacko:

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Floyd said:
The confusion is because most of the worlds Christians do not differentiate between what has been said to Israel, and what is applicable to Christians.
Floyd.
AMEN

I think that has been the biggest common error in 99% of christian teachings up to 1948 .... now only about 60% of Christians get it wrong
RANDOR said:

was................

Looks like all the JW types are gone from the forum now

They are so brainwashed we cannot help them anyway

When they get doors slammed in their faces or disagreements on forums they actually get bonus points for it , so in a twisted sense the more we point out their wrongs, they equate it as proof they are right (in their brainwashed little minds.)

I have found gullibility is the common denominator within their group. The smarter ones left years ago.

Kinda sad because most of them are nice , sincere people who only know what their "elders" tell them .... they are discouraged from thinking for themselves.

And if they do have suspicions about JW teachings they are terrified to walk away because they have been taught that all normal christianity is wrong .

It leaves them no options so they remain

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Floyd said:
Floyd.
Yes... because most Christians don't understand that Jacob wasn't born an Israelite, but became
an Israelite after wrestling with God. It wasn't about his genetics, but it was about his maturity.

It is the same with all true Israelites, we must learn to obey the Spirit in order to become the true
Israelite that God is looking for. Jesus said, I have only come for lost sheep of the house of Israel.
In other words, he was looking for mature Sons of God that were in the process of wrestling with
God.

He is still looking for the same thing today. We must ask ourselves, are we serious about putting on
the Mind of Christ? Are we serious about putting on the divine nature? Are we serious about bearing
the fruits of the Spirit?

All of these things represent the narrow way. Are we ready for God to pick us out of the multitudes
to be used to bring His creation back into harmony? If not... we still have time to master the narrow
way, or we will have to remain in death for at least another Age.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
AMEN

I think that has been the biggest common error in 99% of christian teachings up to 1948 .... now only about 60% of Christians get it wrong

Looks like all the JW types are gone from the forum now

They are so brainwashed we cannot help them anyway

When they get doors slammed in their faces or disagreements on forums they actually get bonus points for it , so in a twisted sense the more we point out their wrongs, they equate it as proof they are right (in their brainwashed little minds.)

I have found gullibility is the common denominator within their group. The smarter ones left years ago.

Kinda sad because most of them are nice , sincere people who only know what their "elders" tell them .... they are discouraged from thinking for themselves.

And if they do have suspicions about JW teachings they are terrified to walk away because they have been taught that all normal christianity is wrong .

It leaves them no options so they remain
Randor/Arnie; JW, and Unitarian's and all who deny the Deity of Christ Jesus, are open evidence of; and representative's of Satan's current activity in the world.
The Admin. on this Board have I believe banned them for their blatant resistance to the Truth of Scripture; which was particularly bad and persistent in Purity. They were hoping that the Scriptural arguments presented by the Christians here, would have won some over; but they saw the futility of that over time; and did not want to lose good Christian people and debate here.

Most people are not aware enough IMO of the dangers posed by Satan, and do not take him seriously; and do not know what his purpose is!

See:

[SIZE=26pt]SATAN’S ORIGINS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture says that Satan was the most magnificent being that God created. The word Satan is Hebrew, and means “an adversary, an enemy, an accuser”. He has other names which are related to Greek, and his role in events yet to be. Note that he is a “created” being, not “begotten”, as only Jesus has that designation! Before Satan became the “adversary”, his name was “Lucifer”, which means “Morning star”, and his fall from favour is described in Isaiah 14:12-15.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is much confusion and myth regarding Satan, starting in the Garden of Eden. He is there in Gen. 3:1, called a “serpent”, from the Hebrew “nachash”, which means “to hiss, mutter, whisper, etc.”, which has been translated subsequently as “serpent”. An allied Chaldean word means “bright”, which chimes with other Scriptural comment describing Satan as having a “glorious appearance”. In Isaiah 6:2-6, the Hebrew word “seraph” is used to describe “heavenly beings” as “burning bright, and elevated”. In Numbers 21:8, “saraph” is “fiery serpent”. The words seraph and nachash are both used in Scripture to describe a serpent and a glorious spirit being. In 2 Cor. 11:3, Paul fears for the Corinthians, that they will be beguiled as Adam and Eve, and refers to the appearance of Satan on that occasion in 2 Cor. 11-14!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So, when Satan beguiled Eve, he was magnificent to behold, as he said "surely thou wilt not die", Gen. 3:4, and he has been saying it ever since, with the consequence that many humans will listen to him, and will go to their destruction! They will listen to Satan, even though they know the difference between good and evil![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In summary [/SIZE]of this brief description; Satan was the most beautiful of God’s created creatures. He became enchanted by his own beauty and power, and wanted God’s position Ezek. 28. He is cast from favour, Isaiah 14:12. His name is changed after his rebellion to Satan, and he is allowed to try to stop trust and faith in God on earth, (Job). This process is still under way, and will not end until the events described in Rev. 20:2!

[SIZE=14pt]More can be gleaned from Scripture; and :[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Father of Lies[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] John 8:44[/SIZE]
Lie (the Rev.14:5);
Satan's people:
Spiritual warfare:
[SIZE=13.5pt]Worship of Satan[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Floyd.[/SIZE]

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Anything.......................which means anything.......is not Of God..............is automatically of satan......books, cults, music..etc etc