What is the "New Creature"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with some of what @Godssrvr was saying, but when I took the time to respond to him in detail in post #49, he effectively ignored most of my post. I won't press the issue.

Most of the time when people write a "book" like you did in this comment I just ignore the whole thing because it's just too lengthy and I know the person isn't really interested in my replies because they really aren't looking for the truth.

Yes, this is what the man of flesh is as a result of what Adam did in the garden. But then came Jesus onto the scene and into the hearts of people through the Holy Spirit...

The Holy Spirit doesn't come "into the hearts of people" just because "Jesus came on the scene". Jesus must be received as their Savior first. (This was your first comment which explains why the rest was ignored)

So then who was being called righteous by the psalmist here?

"For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalm 1:6

"The righteous" are those who trusted in Christ. Lot was also called "righteous" (2 Peter 2:7) as well, are you familiar with his story? Isn't he the one that got drunk and slept with his two daughters? We don't have any righteousness of our own (Romans 10:1-4).

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

If our paths are directed by the Lord always, will be not be righteous?

We are saved by trust in Christ as our Savior. A lost man doesn't have his paths directed by the Lord. He must be saved first by faith. But once saved, we never have any righteousness that originates from within our flesh. It always comes through the Holy Spirit.

By the "even after we are saved" are you not denying the power of God to do the impossible? Are you saying that the scriptures lied or that God is a liar?

For God to work in the saved persons life they must be fully submitted to Him.

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

You keep quoting scripture which applies to the person who has already been born again. This discussion is about how to be born again. This has nothing to do with the lost man.

But even that carnal blood of Jesus did not give real Life to us.

"Carnal blood of Jesus" ??? 1 Peter 1:18-19

But... you are saying that God in us is powerless to stop our flesh from sinning.
Again making comments that are out of context from the discussion. Doesn't pertain to salvation.

I would say if we do not stop sinning once we have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, it is because we have quenched the Holy Spirit in us:

Another comment that has no relevance to the topic.

Jesus spilled his red blood of the carnal man,

His blood was not "carnal", if it was none could be saved!

Next time you write a book, don't expect answers. In fact, if it's out of context from the discussion, that will be ignored as well.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No disrespect intended, but your book means diddly to me. I have God's Word, and He said eternal life is a free gift. Romans 6:23 Romans 5:18-19

To "walk in the Spirit" is not how we obtain grace toward salvation. God said believe the gospel to be saved. It's simple trust in Christ as Savior and nothing more in His book. You seem to think that a person will automatically "walk in the Spirit" and not by the flesh when they are saved. If that was true, not instruction to do it would be necessary. The scripture quoted was to believers, so it isn't how to become saved, but instruction of how we should live after being saved. We still have a sin nature and have choices to make every day.

What Book? here is what she said:
@Godssrvr ...Thanks...I am 'all grace'....but I will have to 'stick' with what I posted.
In my book, grace has accountability.. living in grace has a leash...=Love.
Grace gives us the freedom to be bound to Him because of love.

I am 98% with you...but our 'feet' must match our spiritual position. We walk in the Spirit = righteousness that Jesus purchased for us.
The two, position and walk, must agree. That is how I see it.

"In my book" is an expression which you have not understood. I too, was confused at first, and then I remembered that this is an expression that older people, including myself, might use to say, "I strongly think grace has accountability .. . . . ", or "It is my opinion that grace has accountability .. . . . "

It seems to me that you are a machine gunner in a fictitious army who, on hearing something, pulls the trigger and sprays bullets everywhere without regards to the causalities you cause by not determining what is actually being said to you or going on around you. Even if I was God, I would be cautious in approaching you in case your trigger happy fingers pulled the trigger and you sprayed lethal bullets in my direction. But I am not God, and any attempted discussion with you is futile, even for Him, IHMO.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In my book" is an expression which you have not understood. I too, was confused at first, and then I remembered that this is an expression that older people, including myself, might use to say, "I strongly think grace has accountability .. . . . ", or "It is my opinion that grace has accountability .. . . . "

You're correct. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I know several writers that are of the idea that mans books are equivalent if not greater than God's Word. It's a sore spot with me and my thinking was affected by it. My apologies to "ByGrace".

It seems to me that you are a machine gunner in a fictitious army who, on hearing something, pulls the trigger and sprays bullets everywhere without regards to the causalities you cause by not determining what is actually being said to you or going on around you. Even if I was God, I would be cautious in approaching you in case your trigger happy fingers pulled the trigger and you sprayed lethal bullets in my direction. But I am not God, and any attempted discussion with you is futile, even for Him, IHMO.

The gospel is simple and cannot be compromised at all. When I see a false gospel, I recognize it and fire the truth of the Word at it. I'll keep doing it too so hopefully it will sink in with someone. I'm not offensive, the truth is. I speak the truth and prove it with scripture and I will not back down or be backed down by anyone trying to complicate the simple gospel of salvation.

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally agree.
*One is for our salvation...*one is for our position in the kingdom.
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "must match"...

I use those words when I am talking to overcomers. ( Rev 3)
I thought you could see the difference. ;)

My apologies for misunderstanding your posts. The purpose for the post is to distinguish between that which is born of God, and that which isn't. Many have the idea the new creature is about their mortal life. It can and should have effect on the mortal life, but the new creature is our spirit in Christ. Trying to show that with the post.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the time when people write a "book" like you did in this comment I just ignore the whole thing because it's just too lengthy and I know the person isn't really interested in my replies because they really aren't looking for the truth.
I've been interested in the truth for many years. I also frequently do not read lengthy writings, but when I do an effort to friendly discussion would be a charitable response.

The Holy Spirit doesn't come "into the hearts of people" just because "Jesus came on the scene". Jesus must be received as their Savior first. (This was your first comment which explains why the rest was ignored)
You simply decided to ignore rather than ask for clarification? Is this supposed to be a one-sided lecture or a discussion?

"The righteous" are those who trusted in Christ. Lot was also called "righteous" (2 Peter 2:7) as well, are you familiar with his story? Isn't he the one that got drunk and slept with his two daughters? We don't have any righteousness of our own (Romans 10:1-4).
We are saved by trust in Christ as our Savior. A lost man doesn't have his paths directed by the Lord. He must be saved first by faith. But once saved, we never have any righteousness that originates from within our flesh. It always comes through the Holy Spirit.
For God to work in the saved persons life they must be fully submitted to Him.
You keep quoting scripture which applies to the person who has already been born again. This discussion is about how to be born again. This has nothing to do with the lost man.
Your lack of understanding of what I was saying is amazing. This is especially so since I was speaking about your topic. Since I did not make or accept your initial assumptions, I was off topic.

Help us dear Lord!

"Carnal blood of Jesus" ??? 1 Peter 1:18-19
Pardon me but Jesus did not come to Earth as an incorruptible God He came as a very corruptible man and overcame the corruptible becoming the first to completely overcome the world. He led the Way.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 14:15

Jesus overcame the world of his own temptations in spite of his carnality. Only after he overcame his carnality did he go to the cross for you and me:

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

"... he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." John 19:30

Again making comments that are out of context from the discussion. Doesn't pertain to salvation.

Another comment that has no relevance to the topic.

His blood was not "carnal", if it was none could be saved!
If his blood has not been first carnal what world would he had to overcome?

Next time you write a book, don't expect answers. In fact, if it's out of context from the discussion, that will be ignored as well.
Hmmm? Next time you should be more clear about what the context is supposed to be. I was in it as I understood it.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, then are you telling us that we should not share what the Lord has put on our hearts but only what you want to hear.
In my experience to this point, this seems to be a reasonable conclusion.

Reactions: Helen

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If his blood has not been first carnal what world would he had to overcome?

Sure sign of a false teacher when they attack the blood of Christ. Jesus came as God in the flesh and didn't have to "overcome" sin. He was born of the Spirit and had no sin nature because the child and the mothers blood never mix. His blood was incorruptible from the time He was conceived by Mary through the work of the Spirit. I used a scripture reference which you ignored. You might like to read Hebrews with this thought in mind as well.

1 Peter 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cross is actually so important that if there was no cross there would be nothing.
For each us, if there were no repentance there would still be nothing, in spite of the cross we failed to acknowledge. Also, if after being saved, we look back in longing to our old ways, we become as the pillar of salt that Lot's wife became or the dog who went back to eat his own vomit.

Salvation does not remove our right to continue to choose to follow God or not. If we change our mind and stop following Him then we not taken out of His hand. We have walked away.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure sign of a false teacher when they attack the blood of Christ. Jesus came as God in the flesh and didn't have to "overcome" sin. He was born of the Spirit and had no sin nature because the child and the mothers blood never mix. His blood was incorruptible from the time He was conceived by Mary through the work of the Spirit. I used a scripture reference which you ignored. You might like to read Hebrews with this thought in mind as well.

1 Peter 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
The physical blood of Jesus was spilled on the cross. That blood was the letter of the law, not the Spirit of Life.

The spiritual life-giving Blood of Jesus was poured out on all flesh on that day of Pentecost according to Acts 2. This Blood, the Holy Ghost, is the blood which connects all of the parts of the Body of Christ.

" [God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The gospel is simple and cannot be compromised at all. When I see a false gospel, I recognize it and fire the truth of the Word at it. I'll keep doing it too so hopefully it will sink in with someone. I'm not offensive, the truth is. I speak the truth and prove it with scripture and I will not back down or be backed down by anyone trying to complicate the simple gospel of salvation

....and you talk about Grace!!
I am wondering now if you even understand what grace is. Ummmmm

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....and you talk about Grace!!
I am wondering now if you even understand what grace is. Ummmmm

Do you recognize the false gospels being taught in this forum? I talk about God's grace, yes. The level of false teaching in this forum sickens me. It doesn't sicken you?

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The physical blood of Jesus was spilled on the cross. That blood was the letter of the law, not the Spirit of Life.

The spiritual life-giving Blood of Jesus was poured out on all flesh on that day of Pentecost according to Acts 2. This Blood, the Holy Ghost, is the blood which connects all of the parts of the Body of Christ.

" [God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

I'm sorry but you have no clue as to what you're talking about. Anyone can post scripture, posting scripture that is applicable is something different.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will have no audience if they don't believe you have charity, brother. You may have the knowledge but lack charity and end up speaking the truth you say you have to no one.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you recognize the false gospels being taught in this forum? I talk about God's grace, yes. The level of false teaching in this forum sickens me. It doesn't sicken you?
if it sickened me, i would not be able to forgive you for it though, see. When it is a natural part of changing one's mind.
And we will have a brand new crop of believers here any minute now, as long as ppl are being born, right

Reactions: Helen