What is the new Jerusalem constructed out of

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also have gates in our minds i guess, or maybe more like walls, locked gates, places we cannot go
yet. You and your sons will be here with me etc

The following is the door/gate of which you speak, I believe:

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone ever find themselves wondering why in the world that "City" would even need gates.... let alone, twelve of them? (Totally inconvenient, since they are supposedly spaced about 460 miles apart.)
Why should anyone wonder about God's perfect design for His perfect city which He has personally constructed? That would be unbelief. Everything has not been fully revealed at this time, therefore faith accepts what is given as an expression of the perfect wisdom of God.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Bible Hub › 2_timothy
Web results
2 Timothy 1:10 And now He has revealed this grace through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and illuminated the way to life and immortality ... - Bible Hub

but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. New Living Translation And now he has made all ...

Bible Hub › colossians
Colossians 1:26 the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints. - Bible Hub

This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God's people. ... the truth which has been kept secret from all ages and generations, but has now been revealed to His ...

Bible Study Tools › 2-timothy
2 Timothy 1:10 - but it has now been revealed through the appear... - Bible Study Tools

2 Timothy 1:10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed ... And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior.

BibleGateway.com › verse
2 Timothy 1:10 - Bible Gateway

and it has now been revealed through the appearance of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and ... For he has rescued us from all that is really evil and called us to a life of holiness—not because of any of our ...

BibleGateway.com › passage
2 Timothy 1:10 NIV - but it has now been revealed through - Bible Gateway

but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light. ... 2 Timothy 1:10 in all English translations ...

everything has been fully revealed, ok, do try and understand how ridiculous you sound making oompaloompa statements as if you know that anyone can go verify in five seconds pls?

I know this stings a little ok, but see i am making you into an even better wolf, yes? So just so you know i will tell you my gasp amazing secret here, that being that when you are in opposition to Scripture any statement--and every statement--that you make can just be antied and typed into a bible search, "Everything has not been fully revealed" becomes "everything has been fully revealed," and i just type it in and viola, see? A frigging houseplant could do this right.

And my apologies k, shouldn't even be here today i guess. But you border on insufferable imo, are you just trying to get tossed on the burn pile? Believing would be one thing, bad enough but we all start there, correctable, but teaching other ppl that? "This is that and that is this." Are you insane, bro?

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20
Ha well let's be honest who has eaten the manna? One in a hundred, maybe, maybe more like a thousand? I sought to leave many years ago and felt led to stay, and now i feel led to run, ty Father. Dunno what a 60 year old guy like me might find to do in a strange country, but i'm about to find out i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You should wonder about God's perfect design for the New Jerusalem Bc He has taken the time to describe it to you in detail and at length, and you don't know the very first thing about it that you need to yet, no offense meant, but no one here can tell me what the Foundations even are, what does topaz rep? Why are there no isotropic--diamond, ruby, sapphire, emerald; and if you read of any that is a scribe ok--or "precious," why are all of them "anisotropic?" I had to go look that up too, ok, it isn't rocket science, honest

Why are scribes misrepresenting the foundations to you? Why are idiots telling you to not be wondering about the City that you most want to inhabit, that you cannot even describe the Gates of? And labeling is not describing, right. Which never close, but need a key to pass through? What is The Pearl? You are outside the City of gates that never shut for a good reason, see; Bc you refuse to go in! Period!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha well let's be honest who has eaten the manna? One in a hundred, maybe, maybe more like a thousand? I sought to leave many years ago and felt led to stay, and now i feel led to run, ty Father. Dunno what a 60 year old guy like me might find to do in a strange country, but i'm about to find out i guess

Who has eaten the manna, that is the hidden manna, which consists of...???

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." Rev 2:17

Then I would say that when a person begins to really overcome as Jesus was overcoming he has been eating manna and is or will be receiving more of that hidden manna. Some people never eat and begin to starve to death... spiritually that is. This is not so easy for those too deep into OSAS [some of them however do eat...] because they believe that they cannot starve even those who do not regularly eat...eat what?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

People who never get into the scriptures are starving and may not even realize it and perhaps don't even care. People who attend church services where the emphasis on something other than the Word of God too often where once they may have been fat have now begun to get thin...

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:" Amos 8:11

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who has eaten the manna, that is the hidden manna, which consists of...???

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." Rev 2:17

Then I would say that when a person begins to really overcome as Jesus was overcoming he has been eating manna and is or will be receiving more of that hidden manna. Some people never eat and begin to starve to death... spiritually that is. This is not so easy for those too deep into OSAS [some of them however do eat...] because they believe that they cannot starve even those who do not regularly eat...eat what?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

People who never get into the scriptures are starving and may not even realize it and perhaps don't even care. People who attend church services where the emphasis on something other than the Word of God too often where once they may have been fat have now begun to get thin...

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:" Amos 8:11

Yes, Jesus as the Living Word brings us fresh manna every day, as we read and study the word of God. He said, in Matthew 4:4 (as a restatement of Deuteronomy 8:3) "People do not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

kind of maybe, not sure if this is the best practical expression of The Pearl tho.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I love it when "Literalists" walk on miles and miles of wide open soft sand and grass that God created for us to enjoy, but insist that we will eventually be confined to a structure that makes Trump Tower's garish architecture look tame and sedate, trodding on hard roads of solid metal. LOL
zing

Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
14The city wall had 12 foundations, and the 12 names of the Lamb's 12 apostles were on the foundations

to differentiate between the other apostles, otherwise makes no sense, right literalists?
Chalcedony
Strong's Greek: 5475. χαλκός (chalkos) -- copper or bronze
Strong's Greek: 1491. εἶδος (eidos) -- visible form, shape, appearance, kind
mostly crap unfortunately, "persons" in God, etc, but enough to get started i guess
"The visible form of bronze" is maybe pertinent, but as "visible" as the walls are, surely
anyone figure out which apostles go with which foundations yet?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
anyone figure out which apostles go with which foundations yet?
figure out which apostle you are yet? which apostle goes with which zodiac sign yet?
Think thats all hooey?
as a believer, do you have the slightest clue who you are, how you fit in, or where you are going?
doesnt it seem a bit ridiculous to you that we have (literally) not even figured out what to eat yet?
of course hands should not be eating eye food, but we are a long way from that still i guess

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is not what the Bible says.

Actually, it kinda does.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. -Revelation 21:1–2

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, -Revelation 21:9–10

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Actually, "flesh and blood" since WE Christians are the New Jerusalem.

So you don't think it's real?

Revelation 21:10 "And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God."

We know that the "great and high mountain" represents a place where all the saints of God are. These are the heirs of the New Jerusalem. John was there and is telling us what it was like, as we will see this place in person when our eternal home "descends out of heaven from God".

Revelation 21:11 "Having the glory of God; and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;"

This New Jerusalem, the place where John is taken in the spirit, is receiving its light by the heavenly fathers own glory shining forth. This "light" giving forth, as recorded in the Greek text is called "phoster". Used in the term of a "light bearer or giver". It is also used in Genesis 1:14,16.

The light which will light the new Jerusalem will be a clear, pure light and its light will be eternal as God's new city prepared for His saints.

Revelation 21:12 "And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:"

We have a double witness to these great walls of the new Jerusalem, for both John and Ezekiel wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Read Ezekiel's vision in Ezekiel 48:31-34.

Revelation 21:13 "On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates."

Revelation 21:14 "And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the name of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."

We see the new Jerusalem will have each gate marked with the names of the twelve tribes of Jacob (Israel). These twelve tribes, we are told, were the "foundation" of the saints of God. Though many today think "it is the Jew who is the chosen of God", and they think the other ten tribes are somehow lost in a desert to both God and themselves. My Bible tells me they definitely are not.

The minor prophet Hosea in his first 13 chapters issues a warning to Israel that God would divorce one of His wives, the "House of Israel", for their idolatry. Yet He would not divorce the "House of Judah". Then we see in the 14th chapter how Israel repents and God takes Israel back.

How is this possible? Following the death of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, Isaiah 54 records how not only Israel, but all Gentile peoples have access through Christ's death and resurrection.

In Ezekiel 37, Ezekiel is to prophecy to these "dry dead bones of the House of Israel". As he does, flesh comes upon them, and life comes back into them. Who are they? "The whole House of Israel." [See Ezekiel 37:11.] That nation is the one which Hosea the prophet said God had divorced, and brought back to himself following Christ's death.

In Ezekiel 37:16-19, God told Ezekiel to take two sticks and write on one "Israel" and on the other "Judah". God then tells Ezekiel to put the two sticks together in one hand. This was to represent how God would deal with Israel and Judah (Jews) - - all twelve tribes - - as one.

As we relate to these two separate nations; the ten-tribed "House of Israel" and the two tribes of the "House of Judah" (Jews), we see all the tribes have become the "foundations" of the gates of entry into God's new and holy city, "Holy Jerusalem".

We see also the names of the twelve apostles written upon these foundations. These were the twelve men Jesus personally taught and commissioned to carry the message of the gospel with God's authority. It is upon them, and Paul that Jesus built his church.

Revelation 21:15 "And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof."

Revelation 21:16 "And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

Revelation 21:17 "And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits. According to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel."

John is given the dimensions of the four square city of God, the "New Jerusalem". The dimensions are given in units of a reed, furlongs, and cubits. To bring this to units of measurement we can understand, a "reed" is about 3-1/2 of our yards. A "furlong" is approximately 220 yards, and a "cubit" is the length of an arm, about 21-25 inches in length.

When we compare God's "Holy City" to the "holy of holies", we see they were both cubes and proportionate. The "Holy City" a cube of 12,000 furlongs to a side. The "holy of holies" being 20 cubits to a side.

Revelation 21:18 "And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass."

The stone "of jasper" is held as the most precious. In Exodus 28:20 we see that it was the stone in the high priest's breastplate as a symbol of purity, like "a crystal". The jasper stone is the most precious of all the gem stones which are used in Revelation 21:19-21, representing the twelve tribes of Israel. The jasper in the wall shows the importance our Lord held for His disciples, who were at His side when He walked, taught, died and arose while upon the earth, in the flesh.

Revelation 21:19 "And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, and emerald;"

Revelation 21:20 "The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinith; the twelfth, an amethyst."

Revelation 21:21 "And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass."

What a city, streets of pure gold! In describing the streets, John could not relate the actual material element, and related it to be similar to pure gold. I feel there will be many surprises of pure splendor in this city which John, or any person in the flesh body could not explain or relate to.

Revelation 21:22 "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it."

The temple is a place of worship, and atonement for sin. We see this New Jerusalem will not have a temple. The temple of the Millennium, where Jesus Christ set up His reign for the 1,000 years, is gone. So is sin, tears, sorrow, flesh, death, and all thought of it. There is no need for atonement for all is either blotted out as if it never existed, or burned to hell fire.

The only need for a temple then, is to be a place of worship. We will be walking the streets of the New Jerusalem with our Heavenly Father, and the "Lamb", our Lord Jesus Christ. There will be no need for a temple, and that is why John saw no temple there.

Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the son, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

Isaiah 60:19 "The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee and everlasting light, and thy God thy glory."

Don't look much like flesh and blood,also flesh and blood cannot enter that kingdom...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you don't think it's real?

It is spiritual...all of Revelation is written in picture form...conveying an image so that our pea sized brains can comprehend, to a small measure... :

The awesomeness of God and His kingdom is far beyond our understanding.

One day....we will understand....