What is the new Jerusalem constructed out of

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@amadeus, note i ruined the first occurrence of the Hebrew below though

הל

The verb הלם (halam) means to hammer or smite. It occurs less than a dozen times: of striking an anvil (Isaiah 41:7) or destroying carved works (Psalm 74:6) or uppity generals (Judges 5:26), or clusters of vines (Isaiah 16:8). It's used to describe a righteous person correcting someone (Psalm 141:5) or the hammering of horses' hoofs (Judges 5:22), and once quite literally getting hammered from wine (Isaiah 28:1).

This verb's derivations are:

• The feminine noun הלמות (halmut), meaning hammer or mallet (Judges 5:26 only).
  • The feminine noun יהלם (yahalom), denoting some kind of precious gem. We don't know exactly which gem this word denotes (jasper has been proposed but that's just a guess). All we know it that it was known as smasher, or it will hammer (or it will require hammering, possibly because it's so hard). This stone is mentioned three times, twice in reference to the high priest's breast plate (Exodus 28:18 and 39:11) and once in reference to the king of Tyre's covering (Ezekiel 28:13).
  • The feminine plural noun מהלמות (mahalumot), meaning strokes or blows. It occurs twice, both times referring to blows exchanged between humans (Proverbs 18:6, 19:29).

5608. saphar

Strong's Concordance
    saphar: to count, recount, relate
    Original Word: סָפַר
    Part of Speech: verb; noun masculine
    Transliteration: saphar
    Phonetic Spelling: (saw-far')
    Definition: to count, recount, relate
    NAS Exhaustive Concordance
    Word Origin
    denominative verb from sepher
    Definition
    to count, recount, relate

• sepher: a missive, document, writing, book
    Original Word: סֵפֶר
    Part of Speech: noun masculine; feminine; noun feminine
    Transliteration: sepher
    Phonetic Spelling: (say'-fer)

• The amazing name Sepharvaim: meaning and etymology

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
(we heard You coming and we knew we were naked, so we hid) i bet!
ha so who needs walls?

12The city had a massive high wall, ...
18The building material of its wall was jasper,

"was" as in "what i saw was"

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Will it? What would such a "beautiful" be, in that case?

Are we not told all through the Bible not to judge worth and beauty by Earthly standards? And, was it not written of Jesus, Himself, that He was not handsome, that people would be attracted to Him for His looks?

And, are we not told to desire things "Above", rather that the beauty and riches found on this Earth? (Like gemstones)

I think we are often so shallow in how we relate Jesus' analogies to actual Earthly things.
Word

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
14The city wall had 12 foundations, and the 12 names of the Lamb's 12 apostles were on the foundations

to differentiate between the other apostles, otherwise makes no sense, right literalists?
Chalcedony
Strong's Greek: 5475. χαλκός (chalkos) -- copper or bronze
Strong's Greek: 1491. εἶδος (eidos) -- visible form, shape, appearance, kind
mostly crap unfortunately, "persons" in God, etc, but enough to get started i guess
"The visible form of bronze" is maybe pertinent, but as "visible" as the walls are, surely

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe no one here even cares about any of this?

Bc no matter how literal ist you might be, finding the Gate = entry i guess, doesn't matter if you're a Mithraist, Atheist, Samaritan, God does not care what you call yourself ok, prolly even a Christian or two make it i guess. Hmm, prolly 4 huh, "us four..." lol

and look I'm being hammy for effect, ok, but the kingdom really is akin to tripping, peaking maybe, although imo the feeling is more like free fall, Bc the feeling in the head is clearer than tripping, or drunk at 9 am, at least i think? plus the emo level and um activity level? motion level? seems different, to me anyway, very limited experience of course but those ppl just seem to get a lot stiller. Even when they have occasion to move quickly? Ever seen this?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The foundation. Ephesians 2:20
[20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ;[21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
12 Apostles too right? What Christian knows which foundation goes with which Apostle? Which Apostle do you take after? Etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm just going by the Apostle Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 12:4---> "...that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell." Paradise was, in the Hebraic mind, a place of unparalleled beauty--a delightful garden. No sin, death or disease to mar its perfection. I also think that our glorified bodies will be perfected--no disfiguring illness or genetic lack of perfection.
Heal documentary | A film about the power of the mind

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone ever find themselves wondering why in the world that "City" would even need gates.... let alone, twelve of them? (Totally inconvenient, since they are supposedly spaced about 460 miles apart.)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Anyone ever find themselves wondering why in the world that "City" would even need gates.... let alone, twelve of them? (Totally inconvenient, since they are supposedly spaced a full 50 miles apart.)
and the gates are never closed of course too right. Pretty weird gate huh?

More like 500 miles apart if it were literal i guess?
Revelation 21:16 Interlinear: and the city lieth square, and the length of it is as great as the breadth; and he did measure the city with the reed -- furlongs twelve thousand; the length, and the breadth, and the height, of it are equal;
bad English there too hmm

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the same for hell, why it need gates? but it enlarge itself, so moving Gates?

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also have gates in our minds i guess, or maybe more like walls, locked gates, places we cannot go
yet. You and your sons will be here with me etc
no, more like walls which Mexico will pay for ...... :)

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm well, i guess you did pay a fair amount for that wall i'm reffing huh?
which surely makes it that much harder to use that key!

you and your sons will be here with me
DON'T BUY into it, it just a wall around your mind .... ;)

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Something The Hidden Messages in Water guy said struck me; about how we're somewhat fixated on love, yet "gratefulness" apparently makes a prettier water crystal? Or i guess a more accurate paraphrase is "the water exposed to 'grateful' looked more like the water exposed to 'love and grateful' than the water exposed to 'love.' "

“What is the relationship between love and gratitude? For an answer to this question, we can use water as a model. A water molecule consists of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, represented by H2O. If love and gratitude , like oxygen and hydrogen, were linked together in a ratio of 1 to 2, gratitude would be twice as large as love.”

"Dr. Masaru Emoto exposed this water to the phrase "Love and Gratitude" on a whim that together the love given and the gratitude received will form the most beautiful water crystal when frozen."
The Energy of Water

Ok gratitude then...can't find the quote tho. Same page as these

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone ever find themselves wondering why in the world that "City" would even need gates.... let alone, twelve of them? (Totally inconvenient, since they are supposedly spaced about 460 miles apart.)
Why is it that we need Jesus? Is he not the Door or the Way or the Gate.

"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." John 10:9

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6