What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was with you until where I inserted the line of dashes. The first part was very interesting and inspiring and true.

But then you waxed into the same condemning rhetoric. Who made you the judge of the church, the body of Christ? Who appointed you to be an under-shepherd? Do you think that Jesus, the righteous judge and shepherd of His sheep, can't manage things without your judgmental "help"? You don't know, in many cases, who is a false teacher and who isn't, unless you are so deluded as to think that you alone know all truth.

YOU DO NOT "SIMPLY POINT TO CHRIST"!!! You continually point out the supposed sins of others!!!

=> I ACTUALLY BELIEVE A LIE???" What kind of accusatory garbage is that??? That is a perfect example of your self-righteous garbage!!!

You clearly have no knowledge of Islam or Judaism or any other religion that you continually condemn. JESUS WAS A PRACTICING JEW!!! By condemning Jews, you are condemning Christ's own people!!!

I hope that you're not married or even in a relationship, because love is much, much more than correction.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7, "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable; it keeps no record of wrongs; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." THAT IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT LOVE!!! It is the exact opposite of your chronic judgement of others, including those whom Christ has accepted.

YOUR MIND HAS BEEN TWISTED!!! And thankfully, I AM NOT YOU

Unlike you, I follow the teaching of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who said to love my neighbor as myself and not to judge others. “
DO NOT JUDGE, so that you may not be judged. For the judgment you give will be the judgment you get, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye." Matthew 7:1-5

ISN'T THAT IN YOUR BIBLE???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye!!!"
Friend, love is telling the truth. Biblical truth itself reveals clearly who the Antichrist is. As Daniel said, at the time of the end knowledge shall be increased. The knowledge of prophecy and the understanding of the mystery of iniquity, the understanding of history, and the ability for people everywhere to now obtain the scriptures and read them for themselves, has increased knowledge, particularly concerning the issues that face mankind today. And without a genuine understanding of the past, we will not be prepared for what will be a global repeat of local abominations that took place in medieval Europe.
The identifying of spiritual Babylon, the apostate harlot who was once faithful but is now divorced and fallen from her first estate, along with her apostate children, is an essential part of the gospel for the present day...
KJV Revelation 14:6-12
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

This is not hateful mean-spirited condemnation of individuals. This is a biblical remonstrance against an apostate system that for centuries has usurped Christ's authority over His church, His people, replaced Christ as High Priest, changed His commandments, persecuted the saints, and sought political, religious, and social domination over the world. This is not Christ. It is Antichrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Adding words to the scriptures....LOL
Necessary to give context in this case, as it is clear that spiritual father is intended, as Christ would not condemn calling our early fathers, father.
Also, BofL stipulated himself that the term father was always intended as a spiritual 'term of endearment'. And if I had not included the word spiritual, you know full well that the 3 Catholics debating here would remonstrance that I would be a hypocrite pointing out the use of the word father, because I call my own father, father. Actually I don't. Never did. It was always dad. But you know what I mean.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Necessary to give context in this case, as it is clear that spiritual father is intended, as Christ would not condemn calling our early fathers, father.
Also, BofL stipulated himself that the term father was always intended as a spiritual 'term of endearment'. And if I had not included the word spiritual, you know full well that the 3 Catholics debating here would remonstrance that I would be a hypocrite pointing out the use of the word father, because I call my own father, father. Actually I don't. Never did. It was always dad. But you know what I mean.
Speculating is ok in a limited understanding. Father in another context, I will go with that. Actually what was Christ thinking of is hard to say......be perfect as your heavenly Father.....hate your father and mother....Christ said it and that is good enough, it is one of those things you can speculate to ten ways to Sunday.....best advise....do not make it a religion.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Speculating is ok in a limited understanding. Father in another context, I will go with that. Actually what was Christ thinking of is hard to say......be perfect as your heavenly Father.....hate your father and mother....Christ said it and that is good enough, it is one of those things you can speculate to ten ways to Sunday.....best advise....do not make it a religion.
That word 'hate' , is not necessarily an unchristian trait. Most would think it means you cannot love, but this is not so. The opposite of love is selfishness. One can hate someone of that individual poses a threat to rigorousness and good purpose, remember God is love, yet He hatred Esau. Doesn't mean God didn't love Esau, just that I'm the purposes of God, Esau held a different space and priority... Like parents who are not in harmony with God's purposes in the child's life. The child still loves, respects, and honors his parents, but in context of prioritizing the work of God in his life, he must hate.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That word 'hate' , is not necessarily an unchristian trait. Most would think it means you cannot love, but this is not so. The opposite of love is selfishness. One can hate someone of that individual poses a threat to rigorousness and good purpose, remember God is love, yet He hatred Esau. Doesn't mean God didn't love Esau, just that I'm the purposes of God, Esau held a different space and priority... Like parents who are not in harmony with God's purposes in the child's life. The child still loves, respects, and honors his parents, but in context of prioritizing the work of God in his life, he must hate.
Be careful with hate.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The next time anyone of you sit in a church that hollers gay marriage is good
and that allows muslims and buddists and whaterverist to remain in their sin of unbelief
Just remember you do as what was written in EZEKIEL thirteen verse twenty and two . FIGURE IT OUT fore its too late
725108B7-766E-49A6-89D5-EC6784AFD723.png

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why add superfluous things to worship? Especially to make a vain show?

Didn’t Jesus say:

“But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.” (Matthew 23:5-7)

But that is a biblical practice:

“Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:” (James 5:14)
Got it. You can not provide any bible vs that says wearing religious garb is forbidden AND your church does not practice what is written in the bible when it comes to anointing the sick with oil.

Thank you....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't quote it accurately. Yoi claimed that Peter was "Simeon" in Acts, but is not the case. Peter is called either Simon or Cephas, but never Simeon.

What is the significance Of Jesus calling Peter "Satan" and calling him a stumbling block (the opposite of a rock on which to build His church)?

Many people "built" the early church.
Yup, "I" didn't quote Scripture accurately, but YOU did......:Zek:

Let me help you out with some bible study Jim B:

The significance of Jesus calling Peter Satan is because Peter is upset about Jesus is saying that He will have to suffer and die. Peter doesn’t want this to happen. He is saying that Jesus should not let it happen. This is the same type of thinking that Satan tempted Jesus with in the desert. In the desert, the devil tried to get Jesus to cast off his humanity and reveal himself to be God and to rule in glory over the earth. Peter is now essentially advocating the same thing. That is why Jesus rebukes Peter is such a harsh way. Unwittingly, Peter was speaking for Satan.

Yup, many people built the early church......But you dodged the question: What is the significance of Jesus giving Peter, and only Peter, the keys?

Bible study Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fixation on Peter is an example that all denominations can learn from....it is wrong thinking.
The focus on Peter is the desire to present him as the supreme authority and then ride on his coat-tails....the supreme pontiff.

There is no such thing as a infallible human. As Pope Francis pointed out.

This religious focus on a person is one of the definitions of a cult.

This practice of standing on the shoulders of Peter fueled the Church's desire for supremacy of authority and power was was the catalyst that lead them down the road of corruption and atrocities.
No church is infallible and no church has supreme authority. The whole thing is wrong thinking and leads to disaster.
All of the Apostles were great but they were just men. Men that made their mistakes along the way.
The Bible and history proves that James was the overseer of Jerusalem and as such was the leader of the twelve Jewish-Apostles.
Paul was the leader of the Gentile-Christians and wrote or influenced most of the New Testament texts. That includes the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, because Luke was a disciple of Paul. And they were great.
But still Christianity is not about a focus on men, Christianity is about a focus on Christ.
All Christian churches have the same authority and responsibility and that is to preach the Gospel.
Well, let's break down your lies or misconceptions one by one:

The Church does not have a fixation on Peter. Scripture and Christ have a fixation on Peter. That is why Jesus gave Peter the keys to heaven and no other apostles was. Jesus told Peter and Peter only to strengthen his brothers. Jesus told Peter he will build his church upon him. Peter is most often shown as the leader of the Apostles etc. etc. etc. On the flip side you and your ilk have a lack of focus and deny the importance of Peter even though we KNOW thru historical Christian writings that Peter was always esteemed above the other Apostles. It is you and your ilk that have lost focus on the truth of Scripture and have lost your own Christian history. Your bloviating is truly wrong thinking.

The Church does not teach that there is an infallible human. Also, Catholics do not have a focus on a person. So your assertion without evidence on both points is a lie OR your Protestant men have failed to teach you the truth.

The Church IS infallible, just like Scripture says in 1 Timothy 3:15. In Matthew 18:17 it says that if you refuse to listen to The Church, it is The Church that kicks you out of the church. That IS supreme authority. So, once again, your Protestant men have taught you wrong. I am sad for you that you don't recognize or can't find that Church. Don't be mad at us just because we have.

You SAY that the Bible and history proves that James was the leader of the twelve Apostles, but you have not given evidence of it. James is mentioned in Scripture a dozen(?) times and Peter over 150 times with a lot of those mentions showing him as speaking for the Apostles or Jesus singling him out as a leader. Neither Scripture or bible theologians support your (lack of evidence) theory. Please provide your evidence or stop repeating what your Protestant men have taught you.

And now your most bizarre statement: All Christian churches have the same authority and responsibility and that is to preach the Gospel.

Are you sure you want to use the word "authority" in that statement? Because that means The Catholic Church has as much authority as your Protestant denomination which means NO ONE HAS AUTHORITY if two competing doctrines have "AUTHORITY"!!!

Not sure if @BreadOfLife or @Illuminator has anything to add to this but I think I have clearly shown that you have either been lied to by your Protestant men or, if you are sitting in your basement doing your own studying of Scripture and Christian history, you are lying to yourself.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can not provide any bible vs that says wearing religious garb is forbidden

The admonishing from Jesus against wearing extra clothing for showing off is sufficient…

But you boldly ignore it…

AND your church does not practice what is written in the bible when it comes to anointing the sick with oil.

If I had a church it certainly would practice this biblical action.

But you’re right, most churches do not obey the Holy Bible.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you call the murderous crusades and the conquering of indigenous peoples God's will? Many thousands of people have been killed under the auspices of the Catholic denomination. Do you think that is loving your neighbor? Your denomination has a history of shedding innocent blood!
hey jim b,

You do know WHY the Crusades happened? Don't you?

And you do know that your own Protesant men "under the auspices" of their denomination? Don't you?

Or is your goal only to point out the sins if the men of The Church and not the men of your Protestant denominations?

Curious and historical Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The admonishing from Jesus against wearing extra clothing for showing off is sufficient…

Jesus was not admonishing the Jewish leaders for wearing extra clothing. That is a very poor interpretation of that passage. Reading it in context shows that he was calling them hypocrites....NOT admonishing their clothing chooses.

Read back a few vs's and explain to me why Jesus said this about those same men: So you must be careful to do everything they tell you.

So, you don't have a church? Hmmmm.....that means you are unable to fulfill Matthew 18:17 which means YOU are unable to obey the Bible.

But I suspect you will boldly ignore that fact.....:(

Mary

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, "I" didn't quote Scripture accurately, but YOU did......:Zek:

Let me help you out with some bible study Jim B:

The significance of Jesus calling Peter Satan is because Peter is upset about Jesus is saying that He will have to suffer and die. Peter doesn’t want this to happen. He is saying that Jesus should not let it happen. This is the same type of thinking that Satan tempted Jesus with in the desert. In the desert, the devil tried to get Jesus to cast off his humanity and reveal himself to be God and to rule in glory over the earth. Peter is now essentially advocating the same thing. That is why Jesus rebukes Peter is such a harsh way. Unwittingly, Peter was speaking for Satan.

Yup, many people built the early church......But you dodged the question: What is the significance of Jesus giving Peter, and only Peter, the keys?

Bible study Mary
Nice try! I noticed that when Jesus called Peter "Satan" He also said that he was a "stumbling block" to Him. Clearly that is a comparison to the "rock" on which Jesus will build His church.

Peter was a deeply flawed man. Face facts!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a very poor interpretation of that passage.

It’s a very good interpretation!

Reading it in context shows that he was calling them hypocrites....NOT admonishing their clothing chooses.

Jesus himself wasn’t wearing showy clothing so your interpretation is deeply flawed…

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, let's break down your lies or misconceptions one by one:

The Church does not have a fixation on Peter. Scripture and Christ have a fixation on Peter. That is why Jesus gave Peter the keys to heaven and no other apostles was. Jesus told Peter and Peter only to strengthen his brothers. Jesus told Peter he will build his church upon him. Peter is most often shown as the leader of the Apostles etc. etc. etc. On the flip side you and your ilk have a lack of focus and deny the importance of Peter even though we KNOW thru historical Christian writings that Peter was always esteemed above the other Apostles. It is you and your ilk that have lost focus on the truth of Scripture and have lost your own Christian history. Your bloviating is truly wrong thinking.

The Church does not teach that there is an infallible human. Also, Catholics do not have a focus on a person. So your assertion without evidence on both points is a lie OR your Protestant men have failed to teach you the truth.

The Church IS infallible, just like Scripture says in 1 Timothy 3:15. In Matthew 18:17 it says that if you refuse to listen to The Church, it is The Church that kicks you out of the church. That IS supreme authority. So, once again, your Protestant men have taught you wrong. I am sad for you that you don't recognize or can't find that Church. Don't be mad at us just because we have.

You SAY that the Bible and history proves that James was the leader of the twelve Apostles, but you have not given evidence of it. James is mentioned in Scripture a dozen(?) times and Peter over 150 times with a lot of those mentions showing him as speaking for the Apostles or Jesus singling him out as a leader. Neither Scripture or bible theologians support your (lack of evidence) theory. Please provide your evidence or stop repeating what your Protestant men have taught you.

And now your most bizarre statement: All Christian churches have the same authority and responsibility and that is to preach the Gospel.

Are you sure you want to use the word "authority" in that statement? Because that means The Catholic Church has as much authority as your Protestant denomination which means NO ONE HAS AUTHORITY if two competing doctrines have "AUTHORITY"!!!

Not sure if @BreadOfLife or @Illuminator has anything to add to this but I think I have clearly shown that you have either been lied to by your Protestant men or, if you are sitting in your basement doing your own studying of Scripture and Christian history, you are lying to yourself.
Of course you don't mention Peter's hypocrisy in Galatia. He was rebuked severely by Paul. And your saying that "Peter was always esteemed above the other Apostles" is nonsense. Peter was not and never will be anywhere near exalted. Peter was a vacillating, flawed man. Period.

And why do you call this rhetoric acceptable for a Christian? "you and your ilk have a lack of focus and deny the importance of Peter" and "you have either been lied to by your Protestant men or, if you are sitting in your basement doing your own studying of Scripture and Christian history, you are lying to yourself."

Is that where your denominational thinking leads you? That is the same mentality as those who created the murderous Pope-led crusades and murdered both indigenous people who refused the Catholic lie and Protestants who didn't accept Catholic dogma and, more recently, sexually abused children.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey jim b,

You do know WHY the Crusades happened? Don't you?

And you do know that your own Protesant men "under the auspices" of their denomination? Don't you?

Or is your goal only to point out the sins if the men of The Church and not the men of your Protestant denominations?

Curious and historical Mary
You are neither curious about reality nor historically or doctrinally accurate. You are filled with self-righteous hatred.

When is your denomination going to take Jesus down from the cross???

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When is your denomination going to take Jesus down from the cross???
Paul wrote about people like YOU who are offended by Christ's Crucifixion . . .

1 Cor. 1:22-24

For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Good luck with that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, it wasn't about clothes . . .
And so do YOU if you are forsaking the assembling of the Body (Hen/ 10:24-25).