What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a former Catholic you have committed another lie. Here is what The Church teaches about faith+works: Catechism of the Catholic Church

THAT is what The Church AND Scripture teaches. Stop lying.

So I ask YOU, David: “What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?”
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
AMEN

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC's method of baptism is sprinkling infants on their forehead. Baptized into the church, typically, before the individual is consciously aware of what belief in Christ means.
Where does Scripture say that one must immerse or can't sprinkle? What historical NT era documents show HOW Christians baptized?

Where does Scripture say that one must be "consciously aware of what belief in Christ means" before they should be baptized? At what age is one "consciously aware of what belief in Christ means"? Scripture actually teaches that entire families were baptized. Are there no infants in families? Do you reject Scriptures teaching that we are to bring up our children into Christ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop pretending you want to have a productive conversation.......

Saying you do not know what ”WORKS” you are talking about would have been an honest answer....
I do not assume the credit for your own ignorance or false accusations.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
AMEN
Nice. I see we agree: Faith without works is dead.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a former Catholic you have committed another lie. Here is what The Church teaches about faith+works: Catechism of the Catholic Church

THAT is what The Church AND Scripture teaches. Stop lying.

So I ask YOU, David: “What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?”
This is a good place to start your search for Truth: Acts

“However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
Has My hand not made all these things?’

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Scripture say that one must be "consciously aware of what belief in Christ means" before they should be baptized?

Rom 10:
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Are babies (of Catholic Parents) “confessing with their mouth the Lord Jesus”? Are those babies, believing in their heart, the Lord Jesus?

Does being a Catholic Parent of an infant mean the Parent is psychic to know what the infant believes in their heart? To know what the infant is saying without speaking?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 2:
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Your foolishness has nothing to do with me.
Your foolishness of your claiming Jesus sounds like an idiot, is accounted to you!
I didn't say that Jesus sounded like an idiot.
I said that YOU make Him sound like one with your perversion of John 3:5.

BIG difference . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leaving ‘A fallible man-made church’ to join Christ Jesus’ Infallible Church ...
Is what “THE” Church “IS”.
Said the clueless one who belongs to one of the many THOUSANDS of man-made splinter-sects that ALL stem from the 16th century, when your Protestant Fathers splintered from the original CATHOLIC Church . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leaving ‘A fallible man-made church’ to join Christ Jesus’ Infallible Church ...
Is what “THE” Church “IS”.
YOU don't have a clue what the Church is.
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).

- Jesus said that HE is the Light of the World (John 8:12).
Jesus also said that His Church is the Light of the world (Matt. 5:14).

- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).

- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

-
Jesus gave His Church Supreme earthly Authority, that WHATEVER His Church declared on earth will also be declared in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18).

- Jesus said about his Church: “Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME" (Luke 10:16).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 10:
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Are babies (of Catholic Parents) “confessing with their mouth the Lord Jesus”? Are those babies, believing in their heart, the Lord Jesus?

Does being a Catholic Parent of an infant mean the Parent is psychic to know what the infant believes in their heart? To know what the infant is saying without speaking?
No more "Psychic" than the Jewish parents of the OT, who circumcised their 8-day-old infants to enter them to the COVENANT with God, Einstein.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whereby we yield to the Holy Spirit of Truth for the Reason of our Hope in Christ and Christ Alone.

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God,
not by works, so that no one can boast.

“However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
Has My hand not made all these things?’

What @Marymog could NOT answer, was WHAT “works”...
She referenced James teaching without knowing “WHAT” works.

There ARE umpteen ‘works’ a “man Baptized with the Holy Spirit”....
CAN DO to glorify God...and a Holy Spirit Baptized man...WHO does such umpteen “works” SHALL receive “REWARDS” from God.

The “ONE” Works That IS Required, BEFORE a Holy Spirit Baptism is given a man...........IS BELIEF in the Lord God.

Faith is a GIFT,
Faith is a GIFT from God.
REWARDS are from God.
REWARDS are not GIFTS.

*** A WORK of A man, is BELIEF.
*** A SERVICE of A man, is CONFESSING HIS heartful BELIEF.

James was revealing.......the ONE “WORKS” according to what JESUS revealed.

John 6:
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

People all the time “talk about WORKS”, as IF there is some Long required list of DOING this and that. NOT SO.

BELIEF is the WORKS a man MUST DO, to be Holy Spirit Baptized.
Any other “works” a man DOES, that glorifies God, the man receives REWARDS.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU don't have a clue what the Church is.
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

Your error.
The Church is Not a mystery. The Church is Christ Jesus’ Church.

Not once did Jesus call “HIS CHURCH”....the catholic church.

Matt 16:
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Not interested in your man-made-up pseudo facts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your error.
The Church is Not a mystery. The Church is Christ Jesus’ Church.

Not once did Jesus call “HIS CHURCH”....the catholic church.

Matt 16:
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Not interested in your man-made-up pseudo facts.
"Pseudo facts"??
I gave you nothing but 100% Scripture.

But, your total lack of faith in God's sacred Word is
par-for-the-course . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Pseudo facts"??

par-for-the-course . . .
You gave accurate and true scriptures - Amen

They do not speak of nor describe the RCC or any other denomination on earth.

Those scriptures only speak of Believers in Christ who are individual Members of the Body of Christ whereby They form the Church.

This is IRREFUTABLE TRUTH = Acts 7:48-50 and 1 Peter 2:4-5

However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
Has My hand not made all these things?

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave accurate and true scriptures - Amen

They do not speak of nor describe the RCC or any other denomination on earth.

Those scriptures only speak of Believers in Christ who are individual Members of the Body of Christ whereby They form the Church.

This is IRREFUTABLE TRUTH = Acts 7:48-50 and 1 Peter 2:4-5

However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
Has My hand not made all these things?

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
First of all - the Catholic Church (Not "RCC") is not a mere "denomination" like the Protestant sects.

It is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered- and continues to splinter to the tune of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their HUMAN founders.

That is the irrefutable truth . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of my favorite illustrations of Jesus' church is that of a Temple
constructed of individual stones craftily fit together to form a structure .
Take away the individual stones and there would be no structure.

In other words: Catholicism's hierarchy is a poor representation of Jesus'
church. They're just managers. Jesus' church is actually the folks warming
the pews rather than the folks who own the pews; and I sincerely believe
that holds true for every denomination whether Catholic, Protestant, SDA,
JWs, or whatever.
_
Your sick view of "Catholicism's hierarchy" has crystalized, thus you refuse to be reasoned with. "Catholicism's hierarchy" fulfils the hierarchy of the Davidic Kingdom, not Microsoft or AT&T. The infallible Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15) was the template for all future councils, in structure and function. The Bible doesn't say there would be no further controversies, and no need for future councils.

Reactions: Philip James

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Pseudo facts"??

par-for-the-course . . .

I have a BIBLE. I have A TEACHER. I have SOLICITED the Lord FOR HIS Offerings and Received the SAME according to HIS Order and WAY....

I have NEVER solicited you as a teacher, nor put my trust in you, nor follow your man-made order and way.

Set your arrogance aside and try to pay attention to the FACTS...

I do not disagree with Scripture.
I DO DISAGREE with YOUR INTERPRETATION of Scripture.
I DO DISAGREE with YOUR self appointed pseudo authority dictating what APPLIES to other People....you are NOT QUALIFIED to speak for me...and when you DO, it’s a bag of lies.