What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are approximately 2.2 billion Christians in the world today. So, according to you, that means that there are only 22 million actual believers, or only10% of Christians in the US. That is foolishness!
99% of all religion claiming to be christian isn't. They do not have Jesus. They do not teach what Jesus actually taught. They get paid to teach little of what Jesus taught and their religions brand of dogmas. There is no division( 1 Cor 1:10) in Jesus religion, that means he is with 1 religion.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Loving God and loving your neighbor are explained in the Ten Commandments.
The first 3 are about God and the rest are about your neighbor.

If you want to be a Jew, be a Jew....In the mean time, the Mosaic Law does not apply to Christians.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
99% of all religion claiming to be christian isn't. They do not have Jesus. They do not teach what Jesus actually taught.. There is no division( 1 Cor 1:10) in Jesus religion, that means he is with 1 religion.
This is totally absurd. Show me any actual basis for this statement: "99% of all religion claiming to be christian [not capitalized!] isn't". Which parts of Christendom don't teach what Jesus taught?

Be more specific about your bizarre criticism of Christ's body -- the church -- or keep quiet!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is totally absurd. Show me any actual basis for this statement: "99% of all religion claiming to be christian [not capitalized!] isn't". Which parts of Christendom don't teach what Jesus taught?

Be more specific about your bizarre criticism of Christ's body -- the church -- or keep quiet!
1Cor 1:10--no division -Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth)-- they all claim to have holy spirit guiding them, but all teach different truths. Its not the HS that is causing the confusion, its the lack of it that is. 1 Religion, unified in love, peace and unity of thought has Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible condemns the usage of statues, icons and graven images= 100% fact.
WRONG.

As I educated you friend Grailhunter -
It CANNOT be against the making of images because God would have been guilty of violating His own commandment – and for telling Moses to violate it.

Additionally, if it was against BOTH – then there would be an ELEVERNTH Commandment.

YOUR drclaring it a sin does NOT make it a sin - or ALL of the pictures in your wallet, phone and mantle at home would be an aboniable sin.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to be a Jew, be a Jew....In the mean time, the Mosaic Law does not apply to Christians.
Sooooo, Christians are free to use the Lord's name in vain?
Worship false gods?
Dishonor their parents?
Not jeep holy the Lord's Day?
Murder theit neighbor.?
Commit Adultery??
Steal?
Bear false witness?
Covet their neighbor's wifr?

Covent theit neighbor's things?

What planet are YOU from??
Show ne the Biblical Proof for this - Chapter and Verse . . .

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife

Do you believe that the Catholic Church is Jesus's church? I believe that Jesus's church is the body of faithful believers in Jesus, which includes some Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, etc., etc., etc. And I say "some" because, as known in Matthew 7:21-23, some who claim to be followers of Jesus will be rejected by him.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us...” — John 17:20, 21

It is often asked, “What is the right denomination?” There are hundreds, if not thousands of denominations all claiming to be this one true church, but does God recognize any of these as His representative on earth? This subject should be approached prayerfully and honestly. If there was but one church in the beginning, established by our Lord, there should be but the one church in the end — the church triumphant in glory. Colossians 3:4

The word church was first used in the New Testament and is a translation of the Greek word ekklesia, which means a calling out. Jesus said to his disciples, “I have chosen you out of the world.” (John 15:19) The true church is a company of believers who, in accepting the invitation of Christ, have become sanctified or separated from the world, worldly pursuits and worldly organizations.

Those of the early church bore no denominational names, but were simply identified by their location. “Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, …sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints…” (1 Corinthians 1:2) These sanctified individuals in various communities set themselves apart from the world and dedicate their lives to God through the merit of His Son. Thus, the true church is not a place to go to, nor is it a denomination to belong to. The church is the gathering of sincere believers. Paul emphasized this when he confirmed that Jesus’ followers were baptized only into Christ and not into an earthly organization. There is but one baptism, and that is into Christ. Thus, it is a misconception that one joins or is baptized into a particular church denomination. Ephesians 4:4-6; Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3, 4
A question for todays acknowledged prophets:
By "acknowledged" I mean one whose words have passed the discernment of the community, not the discernment of the media.
I mean anyone who is mature enough in the Lord to know the difference between a private message, meant only for that one individual, and a message intended for the whole world. Let's be cautious here. The criteria for determining a true prophet from a false one has never changed since Moses. You can ask yourself six essential questions to determine if a prophet or prophecy is true or false:
  1. Do their words line up with the Bible? (1 John 4:1–3)
  2. Do their proclamations about the future come true? (Deuteronomy 18:20–21)
  3. Do their lives show the fruits of godly character? (Matthew 7:16–20)
  4. Has God revealed Himself to them? (2 Peter 1:20–21)
  5. Does the message inspire godly change? (Ezekiel 13:10)
  6. Does the message mix truth with lies? (2 Peter 2:1–3)
I'm talking not the prophets of ancient Israel. They have already proven to be infallible. Lot's of denominations have acknowledged prophets; it's not about trying to prove which church is the most true, it's about proving truth from error. Answers to the six essential questions need to be based on facts and reason; subjective opinions need to hold up to scrutiny. I would like to apply these 6 essential questions to the 1917 messages of Fatima, delivered to 3 sheep herding kids in a small village. At the time, Portugal was under the heel of atheistic communism. Officials tried in vain to oppress the event.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worship false gods?
Dishonor their parents?
Murder theit neighbor.?
Commit Adultery??
Steal?
Bear false witness?

Love God and love each other.

Now if you want to go over specific Christian morals in the New Testament....it is a worthwhile study.

There are several scriptures in the New Testament that proves that the Mosaic Law does not apply to Christians. You want them?

Just for fun what Commandments do Exodus 34:11 and 34:27-28 refer to?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Worship false gods?
Dishonor their parents?
Murder theit neighbor.?
Commit Adultery??
Steal?
Bear false witness?

I don't think Grailhunter means the 10 commandments are no longer applicable, he means the Mosaic dietary laws are no longer applicable. Moral and spiritual laws in the 10 commandments are applicable to to the entire human race. Why? Because of the serious consequences that happens when they are violated. Harm comes to whole cultures, not just individuals. If the Church has no moral authority because it has sinners and hypocrites in it, then the Apostles have no authority because of Judas, a chosen Apostle. The world, the flesh and the devil are working overtime to disprove the moral authority of the Church. I'd like to digress and say a few things about morality.

One of Lewis’s most powerful arguments in Mere Christianity is his first one: what the existence of a universal moral law implies about the existence of God.

Lewis begins with a seemingly off-topic statement: “Everyone has heard people quarreling.” He gives examples of things people say when they feel they have been mistreated: “How’d you like it if anyone did the same to you?” or “Come on, you promised.” Lewis notes:
What interests me about all these remarks is that the man who makes them is not merely saying that the other man’s behavior does not happen to please him. He is appealing to some kind of standard of behavior which he expects the other man to know about. And the other man very seldom replies: “To hell with your standard.”
At this point, a twenty-first-century reader might note that Mere Christianity was derived from a series of BBC radio talks that Lewis gave between 1942 and 1944. Such an argument might have worked then, one might say, but the objection “To hell with your standard” is exactly what the average person on the street might say today. After all, we now live in what Pope Benedict XVI famously dubbed the “dictatorship of relativism,” where objective, universal truth is said not to exist.

Of course, “There is no objective truth” is itself a truth-statement. Proponents of this view think they are correct, that their view is true. We simply can’t get away from this idea of truth, can we?
This is why no one actually lives this way. In his book The Reason for God, the influential Presbyterian pastor Tim Keller notes:
Conservative writers and speakers are constantly complaining that the young people of our culture are relativistic and amoral. As a pastor in Manhattan I have been neck-deep in sophisticated twenty-somethings for almost two decades, and I have not found this to be the case. The secular, young adults I have known have a very finely honed sense of right and wrong. There are many things happening in the world that evoke their moral outrage.
Don’t forget that Lewis was aware of moral relativism in 1940s England, too. Such ideas were already in vogue in the academy, if not on street level. He may have had many of his Oxford colleagues in mind when he wrote,
But the most remarkable thing is this. Whenever you find a man who says he does not believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later. He may break his promise to you, but if you try breaking one to him he will be complaining ‘It’s not fair’ before you can say Jack Robinson. A nation may say treaties do not matter, but then, next minute, they spoil their case by saying that the particular treaty they want to break was an unfair one. But if treaties do not matter, and if there is no such thing as Right and Wrong—in other words, if there is no Law of Nature—what is the difference between a fair treaty and an unfair one? Have they not let the cat out of the bag and shown that, whatever they say, they really know the Law of Nature just like anyone else?
It seems, then, we are forced to believe in a real Right and Wrong.
So, what’s the ultimate point here?
Lewis wants his audience to understand three facts:
1. There is a universal moral law, which applies to everyone. Whether or not people explicitly believe in such a thing, they appeal to it all the time—complaining that they’re the victim when someone else doesn’t obey it, and attempting to excuse themselves when they don’t obey it personally. This leads us to Lewis’s next point.
2. All of us are, have been, or will be breakers of this moral law. We all sin. Only the delusional or those who never examine their consciences would deny this.
3. The existence of this universal, moral law strongly implies a moral law giver (which we would call God, but we’re not quite there yet).
Now, as Lewis adds later, we are “not yet within a hundred miles of the God of Christian theology.” This last point is still far from providing sufficient evidence for the Judeo-Christian concept of God, or the divinity of Christ. But it’s a potential starting point for belief in God, and that’s why Lewis leads off Mere Christianity with this argument. It’s also a starting point you and I can use when attempting to engage secular people in discussions about ultimate reality: a universal moral law exists, which in turn strongly implies the existence of God.
source

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible condemns the usage of statues, icons and graven images= 100% fact.
The bible condemns the usage of statues, icons and graven images= 100% fact, when associated with the worship of false gods. You are reading into the Bible what isn't there. If there was an absolute ban on all images, then Moses would be guilty for making the bronze serpent. Of course, that's absurd.

SHORT ANSWER
Num. 21:8-9 – God also commands the making of the bronze serpent. The image of the bronze serpent is not an idol to be worshiped, but an article that lifts the mind to the supernatural.

I Kings 6:23-36; 7:27-39; 8:6-67 – Solomon’s temple contains statues of cherubim and images of cherubim, oxen and lions. God did not condemn these images that were used in worship.

2 Kings 18:4 – it was only when the people began to worship the statue did they incur God’s wrath, and the king destroyed it. The command prohibiting the use of graven images deals exclusively with the false worship of those images.

LONG ANSWER
Deut. 4:15 – from this verse, Protestants say that since we saw “no form” of the Lord, we should not make graven images of Him.

Deut. 4:16 – of course, in early history Israel was forbidden to make images of God because God didn’t yet reveal himself visibly “in the form of any figure.”

Deut. 4:17-19 – hence, had the Israelites depicted God not yet revealed, they might be tempted to worship Him in the form of a beast, bird, reptile or fish, which was a common error of the times.

Exodus 3:2-3; Dan 7:9; Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32; Acts 2:3- later on, however, we see that God did reveal himself in visible form (as a dove, fire, etc).

Deut. 5:8 – God’s commandment “thou shall not make a graven image” is entirely connected to the worship of false gods. God does not prohibit images to be used in worship, but He prohibits the images themselves to be worshiped.

1 Chron. 28:18-19 – David gives Solomon the plan for the altar made of refined gold with a golden cherubim images. These images were used in the Jews’ most solemn place of worship.

2 Chron. 3:7-14 – the house was lined with gold with elaborate cherubim carved in wood and overlaid with gold.

Ezek. 41:15 – Ezekiel describes images in the temple consisting of carved likenesses of cherubim. These are similar to the images of the angels and saints in many Catholic churches.

Col. 1:15 – the only image of God that Catholics worship is Jesus Christ, who is the “image” (Greek “eikon”) of the invisible God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Grailhunter means the 10 commandments are no longer applicable, he means the Mosaic dietary laws are no longer applicable.
1. There are 613 Mosaic Laws....none of the them apply to Christians. Why?
2. The "concept of Laws" do not apply to Christianity. The "concept of Laws" failed. We live by the moral teachings of Christ and the Apostles.
3. The Mosaic Law is a body of Laws....to take ten and discard the rest would be one of the greatest sins.

Of course Christianity is a moral religion so basic morals are going to be reflected in it.
But the morality of Christ is far superior to anything in the Old Testament and needs no help or additions.
Christ warned about trying to mix Judaism and Christianity....that it would ruin both.
There is a reason why the phrase The Ten Commandments does not occur in the New Testament.
But the Laws have not been changed nor have they been abolished....they still apply to those in the Old Covenant. Christians have a New Covenant with God....But the Jews will accept Christians if they want to convert to Judaism. Do you want to be in the Old Covenant with God? No salvation in that Covenant.

The Apostle Paul had nothing good to say about the Law and explained in detail that we are not under the Law. You need to read each scripture carefully because they are very clear and powerful statements.

2nd Corinthians 3:7-8 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

1st Corinthians 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

Romans 6:14 “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”

Romans 6:15 “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under the Law but under grace?”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

Romans 7:6 “But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

2nd Corinthians 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

This follows Paul’s statement saying You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you….
Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 3:10 “For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Galatians 3:24-25 “So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Galatians 2:16 “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”

Galatians 2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Galatians 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for the second.

Hebrews 8:13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Romans 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't accept any man's teaching, or woman's, unless they are in harmony with scripture.
You cannot claim the same. You accept your men's teaching with no clear reference point or set standard based solely on your men's declaration, I told you so. You have your Pope. I have scripture. If I am wrong on understanding of scripture, I shall stand before God and answer to Him, who is gracious and merciful, long-suffering, and full of goodness and truth. If you are wrong in your rejection of God's word in favor of your Pope's word, what will your answer to God be?
I already know that brakelite....You accept only one mans teaching: Your own!! :woohoo!:

YOU decide who is teaching in harmony with Scripture. Which makes YOU accountable for your soul when you "stand before God" even though Scripture teaches opposite of what you believe (Hebrews 13:17). 2 Peter 3:16 speaks of men like you.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 1:10--no division -Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth)-- they all claim to have holy spirit guiding them, but all teach different truths. Its not the HS that is causing the confusion, its the lack of it that is. 1 Religion, unified in love, peace and unity of thought has Jesus.

Well, since you are guided by the Holy Spirit, why not start proclaiming "the truth in love" to the world?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Grailhunter means the 10 commandments are no longer applicable, he means the Mosaic dietary laws are no longer applicable. Moral and spiritual laws in the 10 commandments are applicable to to the entire human race. Why? Because of the serious consequences that happens when they are violated. Harm comes to whole cultures, not just individuals. If the Church has no moral authority because it has sinners and hypocrites in it, then the Apostles have no authority because of Judas, a chosen Apostle. The world, the flesh and the devil are working overtime to disprove the moral authority of the Church. I'd like to digress and say a few things about morality.

One of Lewis’s most powerful arguments in Mere Christianity is his first one: what the existence of a universal moral law implies about the existence of God.

Lewis begins with a seemingly off-topic statement: “Everyone has heard people quarreling.” He gives examples of things people say when they feel they have been mistreated: “How’d you like it if anyone did the same to you?” or “Come on, you promised.” Lewis notes:

At this point, a twenty-first-century reader might note that Mere Christianity was derived from a series of BBC radio talks that Lewis gave between 1942 and 1944. Such an argument might have worked then, one might say, but the objection “To hell with your standard” is exactly what the average person on the street might say today. After all, we now live in what Pope Benedict XVI famously dubbed the “dictatorship of relativism,” where objective, universal truth is said not to exist.

Of course, “There is no objective truth” is itself a truth-statement. Proponents of this view think they are correct, that their view is true. We simply can’t get away from this idea of truth, can we?
This is why no one actually lives this way. In his book The Reason for God, the influential Presbyterian pastor Tim Keller notes:

Don’t forget that Lewis was aware of moral relativism in 1940s England, too. Such ideas were already in vogue in the academy, if not on street level. He may have had many of his Oxford colleagues in mind when he wrote,

So, what’s the ultimate point here?
Lewis wants his audience to understand three facts:
1. There is a universal moral law, which applies to everyone. Whether or not people explicitly believe in such a thing, they appeal to it all the time—complaining that they’re the victim when someone else doesn’t obey it, and attempting to excuse themselves when they don’t obey it personally. This leads us to Lewis’s next point.
2. All of us are, have been, or will be breakers of this moral law. We all sin. Only the delusional or those who never examine their consciences would deny this.
3. The existence of this universal, moral law strongly implies a moral law giver (which we would call God, but we’re not quite there yet).
Now, as Lewis adds later, we are “not yet within a hundred miles of the God of Christian theology.” This last point is still far from providing sufficient evidence for the Judeo-Christian concept of God, or the divinity of Christ. But it’s a potential starting point for belief in God, and that’s why Lewis leads off Mere Christianity with this argument. It’s also a starting point you and I can use when attempting to engage secular people in discussions about ultimate reality: a universal moral law exists, which in turn strongly implies the existence of God.
source
Actually - I specifically named the Ten Commandments in out discussion.
I understand about the rest of the Mosaic Law with its dietary prohibitions, etc.

Grailhunter rejected the idea that we are bound by the Commandments as Christians.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife

Do you believe that the Catholic Church is Jesus's church? I believe that Jesus's church is the body of faithful believers in Jesus, which includes some Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, etc., etc., etc. And I say "some" because, as known in Matthew 7:21-23, some who claim to be followers of Jesus will be rejected by him.
Yes, I do.

Jesus built ONE Church (Matt. 16:18) and fervently prayed that this ONE Church remains ONE – as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
MEN
built the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering “denominations” of that ONE Church.

That being said – ALL Trinitarian Christians are incorporated into the Church through Baptism, but are self-separated.
The good news is that the door is always open.

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love God and love each other.
Now if you want to go over specific Christian morals in the New Testament....it is a worthwhile study.
There are several scriptures in the New Testament that proves that the Mosaic Law does not apply to Christians. You want them?
Just for fun what Commandments do Exodus 34:11 and 34:27-28 refer to?
No – I’m NO going to allow you take this conversation down a rabbit-hole until you settle THIS matter.
Are Christians FREE to violate the Ten Commandments or not?

Are we FREE to –
- Worship false gods?
- Dishonor our parents?
- Not keep our the Lord's Day?
- Murder our neighbor.?
- Commit Adultery??
- Steal from our neighbor?
- Bear false witness?
- Covet our neighbor's wife?

- Covent our neighbor's things?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter rejected the idea that we are bound by the Commandments as Christians.
I think I proved scriptures prove we are not bound....or under the Commandments-Laws. How many scriptures do you need?
You have to understand I don't care what the truth is....I just stand up for truth.
Now if Christ or the Apostles said that the Mosaic Law were Christian Laws I would not care. But the scriptures say just the opposite describing them as a ministry of death and a curse all of which Christ freed us from....and worse if you are gauging your morality from the Law, the scriptures say you are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace. Paul gets pretty insistent with this. Angry at the Galatians.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – I’m NO going to allow you take this conversation down a rabbit-hole until you settle THIS matter.
Are Christians FREE to violate the Ten Commandments or not?

Are we FREE to –
- Worship false gods?
- Dishonor our parents?
- Not keep our the Lord's Day?
- Murder our neighbor.?
- Commit Adultery??
- Steal from our neighbor?
- Bear false witness?
- Covet our neighbor's wife?

- Covent our neighbor's things?
Folks see post 1432 for the truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I proved scriptures prove we are not bound....or under the Commandments-Laws. How many scriptures do you need?
You have to understand I don't care what the truth is....I just stand up for truth.
Now if Christ or the Apostles said that the Mosaic Law were Christian Laws I would not care. But the scriptures say just the opposite describing them as a ministry of death and a curse all of which Christ freed us from....and worse if you are gauging your morality from the Law, the scriptures say you are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace. Paul gets pretty insistent with this. Angry at the Galatians.
Folks see post 1432 for the truth.
WRONG.

BOTH Jesus and Paul make mention of the Commandments in the MT:
Mark 10:17–19.

17 uAnd as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and vknelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to winherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: x‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.”

Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

ALL Ten Commandments are listed as requirements on the pages of the Mew Testament . . .
Do not worship any other gods/idols (1 Cori. 8:6; 1 Tim. 2:5, 1 John 5:21)
Do not misuse the name of the LORD (1 Tim. 6:1)
Christians are released the believer from the Sabbath rule (Col. 2:16 ). Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath, has become for us our Sabbath rest (Heb. 4:1–11).
Honor your father and your mother (Eph. 6:1–2)
Do not murder (Rom. 13:9; 1 Pet. 4:15)
Do not commit adultery (1 Cor. 6:9–10)
Do not steal (Eph. 4:28)
Do not bear false witness (Rev. 21:8)

Do not covet (Col. 3:5) 

Your rejection of the Commandments as being "unnecessary" is a Biblical condemnation on YOU - not me.