What is the Price Jesus Paid?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 15:16 Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased.

:D

Hugs
The way was open to the Promised Land, but the people, in spite of what they had witnessed from Egypt forward, denied and limited God. Finally, God closed up the way to them although it would be open to their children.

The Way to the Tree of Life has been opened, but have not people again denied and limited God? Can we overcome as God requires and partake of the fruit of that Tree?

Reactions: Ziggy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures show that Jesus Christ sacrifice was a ransom sacrifice. You want argue with scripture that's on you.

Ransom definition- A price paid to provide a release from captivity, punishment, suffering, sin, or even an obligation. The price was not always monetary.

Yeah…blood is definitely not money. As for your first paragraph, I can’t even respond other than to say when you always say “argue with scripture” what you are really saying is “argue about the interpretation of scripture taught to me by men.”

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way was open to the Promised Land, but the people, in spite of what they had witnessed from Egypt forward, denied and limited God. Finally, God closed up the way to them although it would be open to their children.

The Way to the Tree of Life has been opened, but have not people again denied and limited God? Can we overcome as God requires and partake of the fruit of that Tree?

1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Yes, indeed, but is He within everyone who claims that He is? Are any of us deluded in our claim to have already overcome the world as Jesus did and have any of us already partaken of the Tree of Life so as to never die?

A lack of love of the Truth will leave us empty in spite of any knowledge we made have...

Help us dear Lord!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, indeed, but is He within everyone who claims that He is? Are any of us deluded in our claim to have already overcome the world as Jesus did and have any of us already partaken of the Tree of Life so as to never die?

A lack of love of the Truth will leave us empty in spite of any knowledge we made have...

Help us dear Lord!
I believe Life and Death are determined by believing He is.
This "Believing" is the key to the door that leads to eternal life.
You can not "know" eternal life, unless and until you "know" God.
Because God IS eternal life. God IS forever.
Once you know God then you Know what eternal life is.
But you can only know this if you Believe.

The world does not "believe" . It believes in science and the material world. They see no future beyond now.
They have no faith. They don't know God, or what forever means.
Those that Know God and believe, have already overcome the world.

Hugs

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Help us dear Lord!
It's actually very simple.
Through faith in Jesus, and by the power of His resurrection, WE HAVE overcome death, and HAVE been GIVEN the Gift of eternal life.
1 John 5:12.
John.11[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah…blood is definitely not money. As for your first paragraph, I can’t even respond other than to say when you always say “argue with scripture” what you are really saying is “argue about the interpretation of scripture taught to me by men.”

Matthew 20:28; Mark 10:45; Ephesians 1:7; Romans 3:23, 24; the word ransom is used when speaking about the sacrifice that Jesus made. He sacrificed his perfect human life so that mankind could be purchased to buy back what Adam and Eve lost for their offspring.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus paid the price for every sin we ever did :) we just need to believe that he died for everybody

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's actually very simple.
Through faith in Jesus, and by the power of His resurrection, WE HAVE overcome death, and HAVE been GIVEN the Gift of eternal life.
1 John 5:12.
John.11[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Indeed simple when one has received the "eyes to see" and then continuously pays attention to what he is seeing... But how complete is our faith? How clear is our vision?

When our faith is complete or finished in its work would it not have become knowledge, knowledge as God knows things rather than as men believe that they know things?

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

Now who is seeing better than as through a glass darkly or has moved in faith to nothing but God's knowledge?

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." I Cor 2:16

Who is included already in the "we" in that they are not a mixture of faith and knowledge, but knowledge alone according to God?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't claim to know the mind of God.
However, God said, man has become as .......

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

I just hit a wall. SLAM..

A servant doesn't always get the good job like shucking corn, sometimes they have to shovel the poop.
You can know a criminal mind without being a criminal yourself.
Just don't get dragged into it's enticements and false glory.

You can know deception without being a deciever, but I believe at some point you would of had to experience being deceived to see it.
And their eyes were opened and they knew...
This knowledge of being deceived allowed them to know what deception is.
The same goes for mercy. If you've never been shown mercy, how can you be merciful?

Faith is believing in God and what he says.
Knowledge is understanding why God said it and what it means to him.
We all have our own interpretations of what it means to us.
But to have the mind of God is to understand how he interprets it.

The only way you can get even relatively close is to get to know him.
Watch, Listen, and Learn.
Life is a classroom. Some are ever learning and never coming to the truth.
They are busy with life, like Martha. They understand the necessity of feeding people physically.
While others like Mary sit at his feet and listen daily, learning to feed people spiritually.
Both are necessary.

About that wall...
Man has become as ... one of us that knows good, and one of us that knows evil....
Just thinking...
Hugs

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The delusion is that God no longer looks upon and refuses to see the sins them sinning, that claim the name of Jesus.
Right, that certainly is a delusion. And no good "OSASer" believes such a heresy. Thus the misguidedness of your "crusade" against "OSASers." :)

Since God turned from His own Son's soul, because of our sins, then much more does He turn from souls committing their own sins.
Christ's righteousness is credited to us, imputed to us, because of our believing God (just as was the case long ago with Abraham). And, if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ~ precisely because of what Jesus did for us in His death on the cross. Anyone who thinks we somehow now have any kind of license to sin or that God no longer exacts consequences for our sin is sorely, sorely mistaken, so much so as to make Christ's sacrifice out to be insufficient and even of no effect.

Grace and peace to all.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It is finished" (John 19.30) is what the Lord Jesus said when He wondrously paid the price for sin at the Cross.
Right. Not "It is finished until the next time you sin," but rather, "IT. IS. FINISHED." :)

Thank you, brother Farouk.

Grace and peace!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is believing in God and what he says.
Knowledge is understanding why God said it and what it means to him.
We all have our own interpretations of what it means to us.
But to have the mind of God is to understand how he interprets it.
Yes!! Isaiah 55:8-9
[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Death, crucified body of man, WITH Jesus, is a paid debt of the body of sin.

Jesus’ Blood, given, Man accepting Jesus’ Pure Blood for payment of debt forgiveness.

A man Accepting Belief in God, In Christ Jesus, does so by the mans own word of Heartful Confession.

I understand that this is what you believe, yet where does the Bible say this? It doesn't! You can accept a payment all day long, but it has to exist in reality for it to have any effect. I can buy a lottery ticket and "believe" that I am a Millionaire... but if my numbers do not match reality, I was never a Millionaire.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psh! To purchase a toaster means I paid for it. An argument over whether to purchase something means you payed for it would be ridiculous, wouldn’t it…? Of course though…you could pay by credit. But I don’t think Jesus had an American Express…
If I get a phone call that if I go to a sales pitch on time shares, I will receive a free toaster. If I go, did I "pay" for it? To say I "paid for it" would be ridiculous, therefore by your logic, I established it a being in the Bible! Right?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, through your faith in Jesus as your Savior, you still view yourself as being under God's condemnation.
Why? Because I don't believe a man-made theory that is not supported by Scripture? That I cannot believe that there is "No condemnation for those in Christ Jesus?" That a Bible that does not teach that Atonement is a commercial payment believes Romans 8:1?

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ransom is payed to all mankind so that all who respond to that ransom gift can be forgiven.

This is a self-contradiction in meaning. You say that a literal ransom was paid, and that somehow a payment made 2,000 years ago, it is finished... so how is salvation contingent on something we do today? I thought it was "paid!" If it was "paid," then justice is satisfied, there is nothing left to forgive! "Whoever" was "paid" (no Bible verse tells us, because there was not literal commercial payment) got their pound of flesh and is incapable of grace and mercy unless that are paid off first.

So, we are not saved by grace through faith as Scripture teaches, but we are saved by payment. If mercy or grace are still required, then it was not "finished" or complete on the Cross.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 15:16 Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased.

Hugs
Who did the God of the Israelites "purchase" them from? Obviously from some God that is greater than their God, for who holds such power over the God of Israel? Just as I do not pray to Mary to communicate with God, why wouldn't I just cut out the Middle-man?

Or, as a figure of speech can we say that Israel was is in a dilemma, and that they are separated from the very God that created them and was in Covenant with them. They could not deliver themselves and God intervened. When this passage speaks of purchasing and redeeming the Israelites, God did not 'pay' Pharoah anything except pain and suffering. The symbol of Passover is that when God saw the blood, He passed over their house. The imagery is not that God sent a real nice sheep to Pharaoh and he accepted a payment and released them from their bondage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! Isaiah 55:8-9
[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
So, when one believes their 'theories' more than the Word of God, the simple dismissal of this fact is relegated to Mystery as "proof?"

If you do not accept what I believe as being Biblical, then I can slap down the "Mystery Card" and declare that my inconsistencies and lack of Biblical sanction are justified?

How would your inability to find what you believe be validated by an appeal to mystery any more than I could use such an argument as proof of what I am saying? You don't accept what I am saying? So..,
"Isaiah 55:8-9
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I proved you wrong! :p

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Not "It is finished until the next time you sin," but rather, "IT. IS. FINISHED." :)

Thank you, brother Farouk.

Grace and peace!
Yet, unless you believe that getting "saved" is merely waking up and realizing that you have always been saved, then the false analogy that you make is exposed as the inconsistency it is. No amount of men's bad logic makes a statement 'Biblical."

Reactions: bbyrd009