What is the role of christians in the modern era

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What politician or political party, ever made the world a better place?

Tricky question.
For example Roosevelt sat out of WW2 for two years, whereas Churchill was fighting the nazis right from the start and prevented this below from happening, so who's to say which of them was right?...;)-

war-It-Happened-Here2.jpg

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amen

teach them to be like me!! Jesus was the face of God.. when we see him, we see the father
Remember that JESUS once said MY SHEEP hear MY VOICE , they follow HIM and a strangers voice they will not heed .
SO now i have a simple reminder .
How come many folks claim to BE HIS SHEEP , TO HEAR HIS VOICE and yet the voice they seem to hear
and the leaders they sit under seem to teach things contrary to CHRIST .
Exactly .
JESUS Sheep DO HEAR HIS VOICE , THEY LOVE HIM , THEY LOVE HIS WONDEROUS WORDS of TRUTH .
THEY LOVE ALL THINGS HE taught . THey wont heed men who try and change things and teach things
that are contrary to What CHRIST DID teach .
SO why do many just sit and go with the ever changing views of men . Exactly .
Lambs would have and do have the LOVE of GOD shed upon their hearts . That LOVE , LOVETH GOD , LOVETH CHRIST
above all , above son or daughter , husband or wife , above men and mankind . THEN from that love
we truly can LOVE others as our own self . AND that kind of love would always correct one in error .
IT would POINT them BACK TO JESUS . SEE how that love works. BY LOVING CHRIST , GOD above all
Lambs keep a healthy and safe church . FOR as GOD desires not the death of any , THEY DESIRE not the death of any .
And a lamb knows it can only POINT ONE to GOD to CHRIST to all His teachings to all lovely truth
by which if a man does hear and do , WORKS GOOD for those who do so .
SO the next time we see one in our church hollering god is love , i am gay and all is well ,
My advice is , IF WE LOVE THEM ya better correct them . NOT ONLY will that have helped them
IF theyrepent , IT would keep a church safe from leavening up to the full .
CORRECTION is not a sin . Correction is not hate . CORRECTION is both GOOD and LOVE .
Every wonder why paul was so quick to write to timothy , to titus and others
saying things like those who sin rebuke sharply that others might fear .
Ever wonder why paul once said THOUGH THE MORE abundantely I LOVE YOU , the LESS i be loved .
Cause love corrects . does all for the sake and safety of others .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tricky question.
For example Roosevelt sat out of WW2 for two years, whereas Churchill was fighting the nazis right from the start and prevented this below from happening, so who's to say which of them was right?...;)
Not tricky at all really. Did you know that the prophesies in Daniel indicated that Hitler would never achieve world domination? He identified clearly who would be ruling when Christ was to establish his Kingdom.

Did the clergy of Christendom know this? Apparently not, since they were active on both sides of the war with their clergy blessing their weapons and urging their charges to kill the enemy. The clergy assured their “sheep” that God was on their side....just as I am sure that the clergy of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church are doing today. Whose side does God take when humans want to slaughter one another for purely evil reasons?

Paul’s words are as true today as the day they were written....Romans 12:17-21...
Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says the Lord.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.”

Only genuine Christians can do this......those with a patriotic spirit cannot, because satan has divided their loyalties. No Christian can be a patriot and join the military to kill someone Jesus has told you to “love”. You don’t have to “love” your enemies in a familial way, but you will not allow hatred into your heart so that killing a fellow human is ever justified. If vengeance is required, then God will see to it.....real Christians can let him.
False Christians will pick up weapons and do exactly what Christ told them not to do. (Matthew 5:43-44)

Christ is at this moment dividing people based on how well they can obey him in all things.....”sheep and goats” are the only ones in the world....so we are all either one or the other......what will Jesus see us as being? What “fruits” are we displaying?

Matthew 7:16-20....
“By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.”

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What should the role of christians be during this time?
As usual -- "Salt" and "Light". Which means (1) propagating the true Gospel, (2) proclaiming sound Bible doctrine and (3) exposing the lies of Satan and all his minions (within and without the churches). At the same time (4) praising God and Christ and (5) worshiping in Spirit and in Truth.

This is a time when evil is dominating the world and lies are the daily coinage of all those who are charged with governing their countries. So Christians must know the truth and rebuke the works of darkness.

Christians have been given the whole armor of God which includes the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God, the Holy Bible). So when someone claiming to be a Christian says that same-sex marriage is perfectly acceptable, then we need to show them what God thinks of homosexual perversion, and what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just stay away from politics.
No. Expose the politicians for what they are -- servants of Satan and doing his bidding everyday. John the Baptist was not afraid to tell Herod that he was a servant of Satan. And Jesus pronounced solemn woes on the "politicians" in Israel -- the scribes, lawyers, Pharisees, Sadducees, and Herodians.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you know that the prophesies in Daniel indicated that Hitler would never achieve world domination?

I don't think the name of Hitler is in the Bible..;)
If all people sat out wars like you JW's do, the nazis would probably be ruling half the world by now and the japs the other half..:)

iwo-flag.jpg

war-Ger-Surrend-Ger-45.jpg

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think the name of Hitler is in the Bible..;)
It doesn't have to be....we all know what his agenda was...world domination of his master Arian race.
Daniel had already identified the march of world powers seen in a dream by King Nebuchadnezzar. That took us from Babylon to Medo-Persia, to Greece then Rome and finally the alliance of Britain and America. Hitler never featured in those world powers though he did for a time play the role of the "King of the North", whilst Anglo-America continues to play the role of the King of the South.

If all people sat out wars like you JW's do, the nazis would probably be ruling half the world by now and the japs the other half..:)

View attachment 27806

View attachment 27807
I have heard that argument so many times but what many "Christians" forget in their patriotic fervor, is that God is not with either side in a politically motivated conflict. Satan rules this world so taking either side is still supporting satan's rulership.

You do understand that the scripture you quoted with these emotive photos, has nothing to do with the world's political conflicts.....

It was written in the eighth century B.C.E. against the background of the Assyrian invasion of the Promised Land.
God only sanctioned war with those who wanted to take Israel's God given land away from them....he hasn't sanctioned a war since.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the role of christians in the modern era​

OP^

* Love, Trust, the Lord Above All other things.
* Bless, Praise, Worship, the Lord.
* Teach offspring the Word of God, by Word and Example.
* Spread the Word of God, to Willing Listeners.
* Daily (conversation/prayers/constant relationship with the Lord).
* Continual Asking the Lord for guidance and his understanding.
* Continual Acknowledging and Thanking the Lord for His Blessing & Gifts.
* Praying for the Lords intercession for saints and downtrodden.
* Verify what you hear.

Glory to God,
Taken

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Prove it..:)
Just read the scriptures and you will see that God only sanctioned wars for Israel that were in defence of their God-given land. Israel did not steal land from others or attempt to conquer them. They were to evict the wicked Canaanites from the land God promised to them, and spent time after that in it’s defence. It was “a land flowing with milk and honey”, which made it an attractive acquisition to conquering nations....but fighting Israel meant fighting its God.
Their warfare was spiritually motivated, not politically motivated. They fought in the name of their God, not in the name of their country.

For Christians, there can be no use of weapons as Romans 12:17-21 made clear....we are not to avenge ourselves, but to yield place to the wrath, and let God take vengeance for us. We are to conquer evil with good, and in this way to “love our enemies” as Christ taught us to.

Last edited:

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus shares the truth with the truth, so the truth worships Jesus.
Infinite facepalm.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For Christians, there can be no use of weapons..

Tell that to Peter..;)
"Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear." (John 18:10)
"When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear." (Luke 22:49-51)

rel-peter-with-sword.jpg

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tell that to Peter..;)
"Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear." (John 18:10)
"When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear." (Luke 22:49-51)
LOL....perhaps you should understand a little of the background to these verses before you post scripture that isn't saying what you think it is....

Read the whole passage and the same account in the other gospels.....and it will explain itself...
Firstly, Jesus had to tell the apostles to buy weapons because up until the time of his arrest, they did not carry any.

Luke 22:35-38.....
Jesus said to them: “When I sent you out without a money bag and a food pouch and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?” They said: “No!” 36 Then he said to them: “But now let the one who has a money bag take it, likewise a food pouch, and let the one who has no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. 37 For I tell you that what is written must be accomplished in me, namely, ‘He was counted with lawless ones.’ For this is being fulfilled concerning me.” 38 Then they said: “Lord, look! here are two swords.” He said to them: “It is enough.”

So why would Jesus tell them to buy swords, and when the 11 faithful ones could only buy two, Jesus said "it is enough"....two swords to fend off an armed mob? :IDK:The swords were not to be used....it was to illustrate the fulfillment of the prophesy of being "counted in with lawless ones".
Although they were armed, they were not to use the weapons....so, when Peter did, Jesus rebuked him and healed the man of his injury.

Matthew 26:51-54...
"But look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest, taking off his ear. 52 Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels? 54 In that case, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must take place this way?”

Those who take up weapons (of any kind) will perish by those weapon when they are used against them. Jesus could have saved himself but he had a mission to fulfill....no one was to save him from that...not even his Father who must have felt enormous pain because of what satan's agents had done to inflict much suffering upon his precious son.

If Jesus told us to "love our enemies"....how would you do that with weapons?
We cannot "return evil for evil" because that makes us as bad as the people who are fighting against us. In the days of ancient Israel, their battles were fought with God's sanction because they were defending a land gifted to them by their God......there is no such land today.

We do not have to defend any part of this world because satan is in full control of it.....the world and its ruler will take care of themselves just fine without any help from us.

Reactions: Adam

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL....perhaps you should understand a little of the background to these verses before you post scripture that isn't saying what you think it is....

It's plain enough, Jesus allowed his disciples to carry swords just as the scriptures say.. :p

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our current era of questionable politics and economic decline.

What should the role of christians be during this time?

Crisis and hardship bring out the best and worst in people. Will the best or worst sides of christianity become prominent here? Will we be proud of our choices, or ashamed of not doing as well as we had hoped?

Somewhere along the line, christians appear to have become demoralized and depressed. None have big plans or goals anymore, which they are actively working towards. There isn't much of a support group, community or family anymore.

Most have an "army of one" isolationist mentality, where they will try and fail to do everything on their own.

How is it that christians have become a regressive and downtrodden demographic? Christians are supposed to be God's chosen who are a reflection and example of the amazing things people can achieve through faith, fellowship and belief. But somehow we've arrived at a point where we do not achieve much of anything. We can't seem to learn the basics or get our facts straight on many important topics and current events which are negatively affecting our own standard of living.

Where did we go right and where did we go wrong. How do we fix things and restore balance to nature, the world and society.

What do people think about this?

Stay on the narrow path prescribed by Christ and don't be surprised at all of the evil taking place around you. Also, remember that this life and that this evil world is temporary and that, one day, we will live in a kingdom ruled by Jesus himself and there will be no bad people there.

John 14
King James Version

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's plain enough, Jesus allowed his disciples to carry swords just as the scriptures say.. :p
It’s not “that” they carried swords....but “why”.....explained to you.....but obviously not understood....

The Jews were under Roman domination and there were Jewish zealots who were chafing and plotting an overthrow.....Jesus would have no part of that, and told his disciples not to be part of the world....because of who was ruling it. (1 John 5:19)

In 66 C.E., a group of those Zealots seized the fortress of Masada near the Dead Sea. They butchered the Roman garrison and made the mountaintop their base of operations. For years they carried out raids from there and harassed the imperial authorities.
In 73 C.E., a Legion led by Roman Governor Flavius Silva retook Masada, but they did not conquer the Zealots. A contemporary historian claims that rather than give in to Rome, 960 of them committed suicide, which usually meant falling on their own swords. The zealots lived by the sword and died by their own hand.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus would have no part of that, and told his disciples not to be part of the world...
I believe that we are told to live in the world but not to be "of" the world. I don't believe that Jesus meant for us to have nothing to do with the world. On the contrary, Jesus instructed the apostles to go out and make disciples.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus told his followers to have swords to fulfill the prophesy. The Messiah was to be "counted among the troublemakers", and Jesus wanted to use the conflict between his followers and the guards to make one last teaching before being captured, which is, pacifism and non-resistance.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that we are told to live in the world but not to be "of" the world. I don't believe that Jesus meant for us to have nothing to do with the world. On the contrary, Jesus instructed the apostles to go out and make disciples.
I believe that Jesus meant for us not to be part of the world in three main areas which are all addressed in the scriptures......to be no part of its corrupt rulership...no part of its gross immorality and violence...and no part of its false worship. These are the areas we need to be separate from. That is how we can live “in the world” but be “no part” of it. These are the parts that the devil controls....he cannot control what Christians do in obedience to the God however....all he can do is manipulate and promote those three areas so that Christians may succumb to the pressures and give in. He preys on our weaknesses so If we are not educated by God through his word, then we will be educated by the world.

Jesus teaches us how NOT to be any part of it, whilst carrying out “the great commission”.