What is the role of christians in the modern era

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our current era of questionable politics and economic decline.

What should the role of christians be during this time?

Crisis and hardship bring out the best and worst in people. Will the best or worst sides of christianity become prominent here? Will we be proud of our choices, or ashamed of not doing as well as we had hoped?

Somewhere along the line, christians appear to have become demoralized and depressed. None have big plans or goals anymore, which they are actively working towards. There isn't much of a support group, community or family anymore.

Most have an "army of one" isolationist mentality, where they will try and fail to do everything on their own.

How is it that christians have become a regressive and downtrodden demographic? Christians are supposed to be God's chosen who are a reflection and example of the amazing things people can achieve through faith, fellowship and belief. But somehow we've arrived at a point where we do not achieve much of anything. We can't seem to learn the basics or get our facts straight on many important topics and current events which are negatively affecting our own standard of living.

Where did we go right and where did we go wrong. How do we fix things and restore balance to nature, the world and society.

What do people think about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The role for christains in this modern era is identical to how it was when it all began . Now let all that draws
breath both praise and thank the glorious Lord . Stay plugged in those bibles and learn and do all things
Jesus and those apostels said .

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Crisis and hardship bring out the best and worst in people. Will the best or worst sides of christianity become prominent here? Will we be proud of our choices, or ashamed of not doing as well as we had hoped?

Somewhere along the line, christians appear to have become demoralized and depressed. None have big plans or goals anymore, which they are actively working towards. There isn't much of a support group, community or family anymore.

Most have an "army of one" isolationist mentality, where they will try and fail to do everything on their own.

How is it that christians have become a regressive and downtrodden demographic? Christians are supposed to be God's chosen who are a reflection and example of the amazing things people can achieve through faith, fellowship and belief. But somehow we've arrived at a point where we do not achieve much of anything. We can't seem to learn the basics or get our facts straight on many important topics and current events which are negatively affecting our own standard of living.

Where did we go right and where did we go wrong. How do we fix things and restore balance to nature, the world and society.

I really like the premise of these thoughts, thank you.

I don't know the answer as this era, decade or generation is drawing to a close. Even the ' time of the Gentiles is closing.

What can we do? As Amigo said above, but I'd like to embellish a little more.

We must remain steadfast.
We must continue to obey God.
We must hold the standard in the word.
We must not take our eyes off the goal.
We  must walk the talk.
We must not try to tell God what to do as all is in his plans.

Follow God and trust no man; all is corruption here but we look to the uncorrupted and the promises he has made, for in him is only truth !

Reactions: Nancy

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Good questions....genuine Christianity should promote unity and love....but that is far from what we see in what presents itself as “Christianity” today. Gradually over time, since Jesus and his apostles left the earth, Christianity took a downward spiral, eventually splitting into literally thousands of fragmented denominations, who all claim to teach the truth.....but Jesus foretold that satan would corrupt Christianity in exactly the same way as he corrupted Judaism. He led men in a direction that was opposite to what God’s word told them to do. So disobedience is what has afflicted mankind right from the beginning. It started with Eve who was tempted by the first rebel.....the first disobedient son of God.

We have never learned that simply *doing as we are told* would have saved us from all this tragedy and drama.
Here we are thousands of years later and we still don’t know how to do as Christ taught us.
Flawed human nature continues to lead us to do what WE want to do and believe, rather than what the scriptures teach us in quite simple terms. Religion got in the way and humans took off in various directions by saying “I think”, rather than what Jesus said....”it is written”. And even when quoting scripture, erroneous interpretation gets in the way.

How can this be remedied? The scriptures have told us all that we need to know about what went wrong, and what God has been doing all throughout man’s sad history to bring it all to a head and to finish this sham of a life forever. We all know that this is not the life God intended for us to live, but he has been teaching us all the value of obedience by allowing us to choose to do as we are told....or not.
Free will was supposed to be a gift.....disobedience turned it into a curse.

By our choices, we will tell our Creator exactly what kind of people we are.....by having his word available to all, especially in this time of the end, we can see a clear separation between those who want to obey God in all things, and those who may want to do a little.....or nothing, and make their excuses.

Some people may insist that “believing” is all that is needed to be a Christian......but even the demons “believe”.
I have come to appreciate that “having faith” is not the same as “exercising faith”.....just as “having” a dog is not the same as “exercising” the dog......if our faith is not being ‘taken for a walk’, then it’s dead. (James 2:18-20)

In what ways are people not ‘taking their faith for a walk’? Simply by refusing to obey the Christ in all things....they pick the easy things, and ignore the things that are difficult or inconvenient. Yet, Jesus already told us that the road to life is “cramped” and the entryway is “narrow”....so only a relative “few” will find it.....so where does that leave the “many” who are traveling the easy road? (Matthew 7:13-14)

Matthew 7:21-23 tells us that these “many” are in for rejection....complete and utter rejection.

Who are we individually from God’s perspective, since he is the one who appointed Jesus as our judge? He doesn't read labels, he reads hearts.
Since the “many” seem to be oblivious to the fact that their “Christianity” is a meaningless sham, how do we find the truth......how do we locate the diamond in a pile of broken glass?
We know that the “wheat” exist in the world, but are outnumbered by the “weeds”. How do we find the “wheat” in amongst all the weeds?

Jesus answers......No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him . . . .This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.” (John 6:44; 65)

Apparently, it is God who chooses us as much as we believe that we choose him....he has always drawn his people into one group, set apart from the rest by believing and acting on what God’s word teaches them....without division. (1 Cor 1:10)....this makes them different. And it is their difference that makes them unpopular. (John 15:18-21) They will be obedient to the Christ in all things, not just the convenient stuff. Like the first Christians, it is people who claim to worship the same God who are their most vocal critics. (John 15:18-21)

Last edited:
  • Love

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

We naturally take an interest in what's going on in the world, but not for an instant should we let ourselves be drawn into it and start worrying and fretting..:)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good, not everyone is asleep!

As the world got closer to the coming of Messiah the miracles of old became legend and folklore loosing steam and then were propped up with religious practices.

Then He came.

Since then things have built in numbers but wane in power as the miracles have again become little more than legend replaced with religious practices.

Predictably, these are "as the days of Noah" because the warnings have become like crying wolf to those whose greatest attention is on their own little world.

The hourglass has been turned to run the other way and now runs out of sand.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good questions....genuine Christianity should promote unity and love....but that is far from what we see in what presents itself as “Christianity” today. Gradually over time, since Jesus and his apostles left the earth, Christianity took a downward spiral, eventually splitting into literally thousands of fragmented denominations, who all claim to teach the truth.....but Jesus foretold that satan would corrupt Christianity in exactly the same way as he corrupted Judaism. He led men in a direction that was opposite to what God’s word told them to do. So disobedience is what has afflicted mankind right from the beginning. It started with Eve who was tempted by the first rebel.....the first disobedient son of God.

We have never learned that simply *doing as we are told* would have saved us from all this tragedy and drama.
Here we are thousands of years later and we still don’t know how to do as Christ taught us.
Flawed human nature continues to lead us to do what WE want to do and believe, rather than what the scriptures teach us in quite simple terms. Religion got in the way and humans took off in various directions by saying “I think”, rather than what Jesus said....”it is written”. And even when quoting scripture, erroneous interpretation gets in the way.

How can this be remedied? The scriptures have told us all that we need to know about what went wrong, and what God has been doing all throughout man’s sad history to bring it all to a head and to finish this sham of a life forever. We all know that this is not the life God intended for us to live, but he has been teaching us all the value of obedience by allowing us to choose to do as we are told....or not.
Free will was supposed to be a gift.....disobedience turned it into a curse.

By our choices, we will tell our Creator exactly what kind of people we are.....by having his word available to all, especially in this time of the end, we can see a clear separation between those who want to obey God in all things, and those who may want to do a little.....or nothing, and make their excuses.

Some people may insist that “believing” is all that is needed to be a Christian......but even the demons “believe”.
I have come to appreciate that “having faith” is not the same as “exercising faith”.....just as “having” a dog is not the same as “exercising” the dog......if our faith is not being ‘taken for a walk’, then it’s dead. (James 2:18-20)

In what ways are people not ‘taking their faith for a walk’? Simply by refusing to obey the Christ in all things....they pick the easy things, and ignore the things that are difficult or inconvenient. Yet, Jesus already told us that the road to life is “cramped” and the entryway is “narrow”....so only a relative “few” will find it.....so where does that leave the “many” who are traveling the easy road? (Matthew 7:13-14)

Matthew 7:21-23 tells us that these “many” are in for rejection....complete and utter rejection.

Who are we individually from God’s perspective, since he is the one who appointed Jesus as our judge? He doesn't read labels, he reads hearts.
Since the “many” seem to be oblivious to the fact that their “Christianity” is a meaningless sham, how do we find the truth......how do we locate the diamond in a pile of broken glass?
We know that the “wheat” exist in the world, but are outnumbered by the “weeds”. How do we find the “wheat” in amongst all the weeds?

Jesus answers......No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him . . . .This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.” (John 6:44; 65)

Apparently, it is God who chooses us as much as we believe that we choose him....he has always drawn his people into one group, set apart from the rest by believing and acting on what God’s word teaches them....without division. (1 Cor 1:10)....this makes them different. And it is their difference that makes them unpopular. (John 15:18-21) They will be obedient to the Christ in all things, not just the convenient stuff. Like the first Christians, it is people who claim to worship the same God who are their most vocal critics. (John 15:18-21)
Thank you Jane.
This is so well stated I thought I was reading a college paper.
You stated facts w/o personal analogies.
Study on Jane, study on and share !

• Love
Reactions: Aunty Jane

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then vote for neither .

Agreed, for many many years here in England I voted for nobody, but then patriotic right-wing christian parties came along so i began voting for them..:)
Some people say to me "But they're only minority parties and will never get in, so you're just wasting your vote", and my reply is- "Look at the mess the big mainstream parties are making, so by not voting for them, my conscience is clear"..:)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, for many many years here in England I voted for nobody, but then patriotic right-wing christian parties came along so i began voting for them..:)
Some people say to me "But they're only minority parties and will never get in, so you're just wasting your vote", and my reply is- "Look at the mess the big mainstream parties are making, so by not voting for them, my conscience is clear"..:)
What i am about to write might offend many , but it must be said .
The conservatives suckle from the right breast of the harlot
and the dems from the left .
the same goes for both sides of mainstream news .
The same goes for the liberal churches and most all of the evangelical realm as well as the CC
It dont matter which tit they suckle from either , they getting milk from the harlot .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And through the pipe dream of the harlot , the dragon and all that is unholy
a solution has been born , Twin girls who are identical , ones name is all inclusive and the other is abraham accord .
and both do the work of their mother the harlot and their father the dragon . WE better get in those bibles
and be focused on Christ . Cause this flood of deception is taking many souls captive in its river of delusion .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..WE better get in those bibles
and be focused on Christ . Cause this flood of deception is taking many souls captive in its river of delusion .

Yes European countries and the USA are supposed to be Christian nations, yet our satanic-controlled mainstream politicians invite hordes of ungrateful nonchristian heathen immigrants in and give them welfare cash, food, clothes and housing in direct violation of these verses-
"It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs....do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces" (Matt 15:26)
"Do not yoke yourself with unbelievers, for what do light and darkness have in common?" (2 Cor 6:14)
"Do not let unbelievers into your house or bid them God speed" (2 John 1:10 KJV)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, no need to fret and worry about what's going on in the world, we can simply do our bit by voting for whichever party and candidates have the best christian ideals..:)
Voting in the political arena means that whatever these people do in office, is what you must accept responsibility for, because you helped to put them in power. Since “the whole world lies in the power of the wicked one”, (1 John 5:19) that means that there is no part of the world that is not controlled by the devil. There are no “Christians” in the political arena because the devil claimed to be in control of “all the kingdoms of the world”.....that they had been delivered to him and he could give ruling power to whomever he wished. (Luke 4:5-8) Jesus did not dispute that.

We are told to be “no part of the world” because God is “no part” of this world’s rulership.....Jesus said that his kingdom has nothing to do with a world ruled by the devil. The truth is, that there are no “good guys” in politics....they are just out-competing each other with their lying propaganda.....”Christian ideals” ???? Are you serious? Planning wars, killing innocent women and children and destroying their homes are hardly “Christian” ideals. Developing and supplying heinous weapons for profit is hardly displaying “Christian ideals” either.
Read Romans 12:17-21.

What politician or political party, ever made the world a better place?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, no need to fret and worry about what's going on in the world, we can simply do our bit by voting for whichever party and candidates have the best christian ideals..:)
”Christian ideals” ???? Are you serious? Planning wars, killing innocent women and children and destroying their homes are hardly “Christian” ideals. Developing and supplying heinous weapons for profit is hardly displaying “Christian ideals” either.

The minority patriotic christian parties I support believe in putting our own country first, and not getting involved in what goes on elsewhere unless it affects us.
Vin has the right idea..:)-

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
go and make disciples of all nations. teaching them....

our mission is always the same

another mission is the law of Love..; to love even our enemy..; and to be a light in the world. to draw people to him.
teaching them to OBSERVE ALL things i have taught you .