What is Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
It was,

Jesus.
You are very wrong if you think the Word of God, also known as the TRUTH was, is, or ever will be, confined to only one person. Who spoke it before the Jesus character appeared in the story? Who speaks the WORD after the character left the scene?
Truth is never confined to only one person. Truth is everywhere all around us at all times whether you can recognise it in its innumerable physical appearances or not.
Any person or physical object could say " I am the Truth" and be speaking the whole Truth since they are what they are regardless of what others think. All physical objects "say" exactly that simply by just being what they are.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
to Skyangel.

As "I" see it...We are 'not yet' fully one with Truth...The day and the hour is not yet here.
In the our 'spiritual position' in Christ, yes, ...but the race is not yet over, our feet and walk still get dusty on this earth...as Paul said " Until we all COME to .."
As we walk in the Light we are cleansed as we walk...in Christ perfect, in ourselves, our works will yet be tested to see what quality they are. We have not "arrived"...God has not yet call "Time no longer.."
Salvation is sure...our spiritual position is still up for grabs. That is why Paul talks about "running the race "...."I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Why press on in faith if we have already arrived!!

I enjoy reading your posts, but I do wish that you would be gracious enough to add at the end of your post, that what you write is 'your' view and opinion , rather than pointing out that we others which have a different view and opinion have got it wrong!

To keep telling people that they are wrong...is nothing more than elevating yourself above other people...and causes you to seem quite arrogant. A strong confidence in what we believe is good..but to put others down is not.
Everything will be tested by fire to see what it is worth. Even your own "views and opinions".
No individual has 'all truth' yet, The Lord has not been revealed yet to us, in all His glory.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are very wrong if you think the Word of God, also known as the TRUTH was, is, or ever will be, confined to only one person.
No, but teh truth is in Him ,when we let Him into our lives than we start seeing teh tyurth but we are not teh truth, just becasue a man may have teh truth does not mean He has all of it, lest he become arrogant and proud. If one has all te htruth than one does not need Christ and you get to boast of saving yourself.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
ARe you saying that you are the truth???
I am asking you to fill in the gap and tell me what you declare yourself to be. Can't you comprehend the question?

What do you say about yourself? Fill in the gap.... "I AM........................."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am asking you to fill in the gap and tell me what you declare yourself to be. Can't you comprehend the question?

What do you say about yourself? Fill in the gap.... "I AM........................."
I am not teh way not teh truth and not the life,,, He is... You know this man Jesus, who is alive not dead, is real, not teh figment of mens imagination, in whom is our salvation and is not a worker of magic , can you not undersatnd teh answer?? There is no righteousness in man, not one single bit.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No, but teh truth is in Him ,when we let Him into our lives than we start seeing teh tyurth but we are not teh truth, just becasue a man may have teh truth does not mean He has all of it, lest he become arrogant and proud. If one has all te htruth than one does not need Christ and you get to boast of saving yourself.

Are you saying the man named Jesus had the Truth in him but did not have all the Truth? Are you saying he was arrogant and proud when he declared "I AM the TRUTH"?
Who needed to save the man Jesus? Did he save himself?
Does the TRUTH need anyone to save it from anything?
When the Spirit of TRUTH speaks through a person (regardless of the name of the person) and says "I AM the TRUTH" is that Spirit arrogant and proud or simply stating the facts about what it is?

If you have ALL of Christ in you, do you have ALL the TRUTH in you ?
Can you have a partial Christ in you ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have ALL of Christ in you, do you have ALL the TRUTH in you ?
Can you have a partial Christ in you
Having Christ in you does not make you a speaker of teh truth we still have a brain we stil llive in our flesh, i undestood thsi years ago very first thing He tought me.

Who needed to save the man Jesus? Did he save himself?

No one, He was without sin, took on our sin was teh only way, once our sin was reomved what could keep Him dead, nothing He was blameless from the very beginning. If He was with sin, He would not have being able to be teh "sacrificial " lamb as He would not have fullfilled teh requirements, spotless without blemish , perfect.

Is this a trick question or are you getting mad.

When the Spirit of TRUTH speaks through a person (regardless of the name of the person) and says "I AM the TRUTH" is that Spirit arrogant and proud or simply stating the facts about what it is?

No but men are....

Have you not read

Mar_2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I need Christ dont you???

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I am not teh way not teh truth and not the life,,, He is... You know this man Jesus, who is alive not dead, is real, not teh figment of mens imagination, in whom is our salvation and is not a worker of magic , can you not undersatnd teh answer?? There is no righteousness in man, not one single bit.

I am speaking to the SPIRIT within the flesh not to a carnal minded unrighteous man. IF you are not the WAY, the TRUTH or the LIFE, then you are still a carnal minded person who does not have Christ within and loves to put on false humility to try to impress others. In that case, why should anyone believe what you say?
You reply as a carnal minded man who is supposed to be dead to the flesh but you allow your flesh to reply instead of allowing Christ in you to reply. WHY? Do you think your words are more important or more humble than Christs? Do you enjoy quenching the Holy Spirit within you? Do you feel ashamed to make yourself equal with Christ? Is it far too humiliating for you to appear arrogant and proud of being who you really are IF you are indeed the LIGHT of the world?

I AM the Light of the world.
Stop hiding your light under a bushel. Shame on you.

The words that I SPEAK they are spirit and they are life. You search the scriptures, reading them thinking they bring you life, and they testify of Me yet you won't come to me so that you can have eternal life.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Having Christ in you does not make you a speaker of teh truth we still have a brain we stil llive in our flesh, i undestood thsi years ago very first thing He tought me.

Eph 4:17-24
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Phil 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

You are also in the form of God. It is not robbery to be equal with God.

You are a speaker of Truth when and only when you speak the Truth. If you have the mind of Christ, you think like Christ and everything you say should be the same as what Christ says. You should not speak anything different especially if you are dead. Dead people cannot speak about themselves at any time.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No one, He was without sin, took on our sin was teh only way, once our sin was reomved what could keep Him dead, nothing He was blameless from the very beginning. If He was with sin, He would not have being able to be teh "sacrificial " lamb as He would not have fullfilled teh requirements, spotless without blemish , perfect.

He was not without sin in the flesh according to the Pharisees who judged his flesh and recorded his sin as blasphemy.
John 10:33
He was punished for his own sins of the flesh like any other man.
If he was without sin, no one would have had any cause to accuse him of blasphemy or making himself equal with God in the first place.
The problem with believers today is that they continue to judge themselves and one another according to outward appearances and make exactly the same mistake as the Pharisees made. They see only what they want to see in the flesh and refuse to look past their own flesh as they continue to put themselves down, hide their light under a bushel and quench the TRUTH within them by not allowing the WORD to speak through them for fear of it making them in the flesh appear arrogant and blasphemous.
They are afraid they might commit the unpardonable sin. Matt 12:31

However, it is perfectly understandable that people who are not dead and have not totally submitted themselves, body soul and spirit, to Christ, will continue to talk about themselves instead of allowing Christ to speak through them.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Is this a trick question or are you getting mad.
Not a trick question and I am not getting mad. I am testing you to see what answers you give. Your answers indicate whether your flesh is replying or if the Spirit of Truth is speaking through you. So far, your answer indicates that you have no clue and you are just avoiding the question.
Now try again.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No but men are....

Have you not read

Mar_2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I need Christ dont you???

When Christ makes you whole, do you still need him to make you whole or do you become one of the righteous whole people who no longer have need of the Physician due to no longer being sick?
If you still need the Physician, you must still be sick. If you are whole, you no longer need the Physician because you become ONE with the Physician and have the same power and mind as the Physician does.

I have been made whole.

I say to the physician in you... Physician heal thyself. ( Luke 4:23)

Matt 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are also in the form of God. It is not robbery to be equal with God.
never said it was, Jesus certainly never had an issue with it, but than He is te h"word" of God come in the flersh.

I am speaking to the SPIRIT within the flesh not to a carnal minded unrighteous man. IF you are not the WAY, the TRUTH or the LIFE, then you are still a carnal minded person who does not have Christ within and loves to put on false humility to try to impress others. In that case, why should anyone believe what you say?
You reply as a carnal minded man who is supposed to be dead to the flesh but you allow your flesh to reply instead of allowing Christ in you to reply. WHY? Do you think your words are more important or more humble than Christs? Do you enjoy quenching the Holy Spirit within you? Do you feel ashamed to make yourself equal with Christ? Is it far too humiliating for you to appear arrogant and proud of being who you really are IF you are indeed the LIGHT of the world?

I AM the Light of the world.
Stop hiding your light under a bushel. Shame on you.

Be carefull you dont fall off your saddle. I know who I am I know who He is, I know what I am in this flesh and I know what is possible with Him, while you boast of your capabilities I only boast of His. As for my flesh, tah twas put down aty teh crioss, it no longer has any hold on me. doesnt stop it from having hissy fits just like yours. I hear of so many perfect christians just never met one.

He was not without sin in the flesh according to the Pharisees who judged his flesh and recorded his sin as blasphemy.
John 10:33

But than they wanted to Kill Him, He certainly was without sin but they where not, afraid of loosing their position and power no different from today,

If he was without sin, no one would have had any cause to accuse him of blasphemy or making himself equal with God in the first place.
Yet here you stand accusing me of things and taking away all His glory for yourself.

He was punished for his own sins of the flesh like any other man.

No He was not, what gospel do you preach?? It was for our sins He died. became sin for us so that the "debt" could be paid in full, which we are not capable of. You cannot save yourself teh only reward we have of ourselves is death.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not a trick question and I am not getting mad. I am testing you to see what answers you give. Your answers indicate whether your flesh is replying or if the Spirit of Truth is speaking through you. So far, your answer indicates that you have no clue and you are just avoiding the question.
Now try again.
Not my flesh is it not yours boasting of all its works?? Have you not read,

Gal_5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Even Paul

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Are you perferct. I know of none??

When Christ makes you whole, do you still need him to make you whole or do you become one of the righteous whole people who no longer have need of the Physician due to no longer being sick?
If you still need the Physician, you must still be sick. If you are whole, you no longer need the Physician because you become ONE with the Physician and have the same power and mind as the Physician does.

You missed teh whole point did you not??

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
to Skyangel.

As "I" see it...We are 'not yet' fully one with Truth...The day and the hour is not yet here.
In the our 'spiritual position' in Christ, yes, ...but the race is not yet over, our feet and walk still get dusty on this earth...as Paul said " Until we all COME to .."
As we walk in the Light we are cleansed as we walk...in Christ perfect, in ourselves, our works will yet be tested to see what quality they are. We have not "arrived"...God has not yet call "Time no longer.."
Salvation is sure...our spiritual position is still up for grabs. That is why Paul talks about "running the race "...."I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Why press on in faith if we have already arrived!!

I enjoy reading your posts, but I do wish that you would be gracious enough to add at the end of your post, that what you write is 'your' view and opinion , rather than pointing out that we others which have a different view and opinion have got it wrong!

To keep telling people that they are wrong...is nothing more than elevating yourself above other people...and causes you to seem quite arrogant. A strong confidence in what we believe is good..but to put others down is not.
Everything will be tested by fire to see what it is worth. Even your own "views and opinions".
No individual has 'all truth' yet, The Lord has not been revealed yet to us, in all His glory.

You have been deceived into believing that the day and hour have not yet arrived but in TRUTH the day and hour of the Lord is always NOW since it is eternal, without beginning or end.
Getting your feet dusty is not a sin when you are spreading the Truth. People obviously all come to the knowledge of Truth at different times the same as people all mature at different times but it is incorrect to believe that the day of the Lord is some unique future date on Earth where all people see God on the same day and are perfected and made whole on the same day on Earth. That is simply not correct. There will always be mature and immature people together on Earth at all times for all eternity.
The same principle applies in the spiritual aspects of life.
There will always be light and darkness together making up the WHOLE day of the Lord for all eternity.
You are either walking in the light or walking in darkness in a spiritual sense.
There is no in between where you are partially clean and partially dirty or serving two masters.
In God, there is no time except eternity. Time becomes meaningless "in God" and when you are "in God" you understand the illusions and deceptions of Earthly time which lead to all kinds of wrong conclusions and false doctrines. "In God", there is only eternity.... as the eternal NOW.
If you have not yet arrived in the "timeless" eternal zone, keep running the race till you get the revelation of it. You do not need to wait till you physically die to get that revelation or arrive at that "place". Eternity is always within you and you are always within it.

An immature seed is as perfect as a mature seed. It makes no difference at what stage of life the seed happens to be, it is perfect , whole, complete, at every single stage of its life as long as it lives and continues to bear fruit. Dead seeds cannot bear fruit.

I am dead and dead people have no views or opinions.
I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Truth which sent me.
The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Truth that dwells in me, says it all.
I am the Truth.
I die daily yet I live.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
never said it was, Jesus certainly never had an issue with it, but than He is te h"word" of God come in the flersh.

And you are the word of what come in the flesh ?

Be carefull you dont fall off your saddle. I know who I am I know who He is, I know what I am in this flesh and I know what is possible with Him, while you boast of your capabilities I only boast of His. As for my flesh, tah twas put down aty teh crioss, it no longer has any hold on me. doesnt stop it from having hissy fits just like yours. I hear of so many perfect christians just never met one.

The devils all know who He is too and believe as much as you do.
I don't see you boasting in the Lord. I see you cowering in your flesh as you attempt to put on a facade of false humility.
Dead people don't have hissy fits.
I am dead. Any hissy fit you see is nothing but a reflection of your own.

But than they wanted to Kill Him, He certainly was without sin but they where not, afraid of loosing their position and power no different from today,
They did kill him in the story because they could not see the sinlessness in him. No different from professing believers not seeing the Spirit of TRUTH on Earth in the flesh today.

Yet here you stand accusing me of things and taking away all His glory for yourself.
Truth makes the accusations. The blind who claim to see are offended by those accusations. The blind who know they are blind, do not perceive it as an accusation when someone calls them blind. They perceive it is as a fact of life.

No He was not, what gospel do you preach?? It was for our sins He died. became sin for us so that the "debt" could be paid in full, which we are not capable of. You cannot save yourself teh only reward we have of ourselves is death.
I preach the Gospel of TRUTH.
It was "FOR" in the sense of "BECAUSE OF" the sins of the world he died not "FOR" in the sense of his death being a replacement for the death of the rest of the world. Every person still dies in both a physical and spiritual sense. Therefore Jesus death made no difference to the "wages of sin" physically or spiritually for the whole world.

Do you think the OT is lying or telling the Truth when it says everyone will die for their own sins and conveys the principle that one person cannot die for the sins of another?
Jer 31:30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
Deut 24:16 Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.

The principle of everyone dying for their own sins, and of parents not being put to death for the children must apply in a spiritual as well as a physical sense for it to be 100% True.
That principle also supports the concept of all people reaping what they sow.

Therefore the death of Jesus is nothing but an example to follow and by following it you too must die or be crucified, it makes no difference whether you are righteous or sinful. You will go through the same torments and suffering that the character Jesus did, whether you go through them physically or emotionally and psychologically makes no difference to the fact that you must go through the trials and through the fire and your flesh must and will die eventually. No one is exempt from death at any time.

The Spirit of Truth has no need to save itself from anything.
The Spirit of Righteousness has no need to save itself from anything.
The Spirit of LIFE has no need to save itself from anything.
LIGHT has no need to save itself from anything.

Only darkness and those who dwell in it need to be saved from the darkness and only LIGHT can save them unless they are blinded by the Light and still see only darkness.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Not my flesh is it not yours boasting of all its works?? Have you not read,

Gal_5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Try replacing the words "lusteth against" with "sins against" and then understand that none are without sin (a transgression of the law) since the Law of the Spirit of LIFE transgresses the law of sin and death and vice versa. The Spirit and flesh are always at enmity with one another and each side sees the other side as a sinner and as violating their laws. That is why the Pharisees perceived Jesus as a sinner. He was sinning against them by speaking the Truth which offended them, their traditions and beliefs.

Even Paul

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
That is a simple example of the two opposing laws working against each other in the body but when the law of the Spirit of Life sins against the law of sin and death, it is not a sin which leads to death because it results in eternal life in spite of the death to the flesh.

Are you perferct. I know of none??
If I answer Yes in my flesh you will call me a liar because you do not see me or anyone else as Jesus in the flesh on Earth but would you call Jesus in the flesh a liar if he said Yes to that question?
If I answer no, I am lying to myself because I have been made WHOLE and I am COMPLETE in TRUTH. To be WHOLE and COMPLETE is to be perfect.
If I answer from the Spirit of Truth within me you will still call me a liar because all you see is an Earthly person speaking about themselves since you are blind to the Spirit of Truth within me.

The answer you will therefore get is that I AM that I AM regardless of how you perceive me.

You missed teh whole point did you not??
No I did not.
The point is that sick people need a physician and those who are WHOLE do not.
If you are still sick, incomplete or not made whole, it's not my fault but your own for not doing what you need to become WHOLE.
Follow a sinless example and you will be sinless.
Follow a perfect example and you will be perfect.
If the Christ you worship has not made you WHOLE after many years, I suggest you find a better qualified physician.
It doesn't take the REAL Christ ages to make people whole. He does it the second they believe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is why the Pharisees perceived Jesus as a sinner. He was sinning against them by speaking the Truth which offended them, their traditions and beliefs.
He was sinning against no one, they where offended because they did not desire the truth, they sinned against Christ by denying the truth.

I don't see you boasting in the Lord. I see you cowering in your flesh as you attempt to put on a facade of false humility.
Dead people don't have hissy fits.
I am dead. Any hissy fit you see is nothing but a reflection of your own.

No all I do is point to Christ, who is teh saviour of mankind, and not to men who like to play God. yet deny Him. I have nothing to boast of but Him.

They did kill him in the story because they could not see the sinlessness in him. No different from professing believers not seeing the Spirit of TRUTH on Earth in the flesh today.

Story, oh nice, now we know where you stand.

If I answer Yes in my flesh you will call me a liar because you do not see me or anyone else as Jesus in the flesh on Earth but would you call Jesus in the flesh a liar if he said Yes to that question?
If I answer no, I am lying to myself because I have been made WHOLE and I am COMPLETE in TRUTH. To be WHOLE and COMPLETE is to be perfect.
If I answer from the Spirit of Truth within me you will still call me a liar because all you see is an Earthly person speaking about themselves since you are blind to the Spirit of Truth within me.

The answer you will therefore get is that I AM that I AM regardless of how you perceive me.

Blind know, if you where speking teh truth, you would not deny Christ, have you not read,

1Jn 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

If JEsus died because of "HIS" sins. than mankind, including you have just being denied salvation.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
He was sinning against no one, they where offended because they did not desire the truth, they sinned against Christ by denying the truth.

No all I do is point to Christ, who is teh saviour of mankind, and not to men who like to play God. yet deny Him. I have nothing to boast of but Him.

Story, oh nice, now we know where you stand.

Blind know, if you where speking teh truth, you would not deny Christ, have you not read,

1Jn 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

If JEsus died because of "HIS" sins. than mankind, including you have just being denied salvation.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
You point to a false Christ and worship an idol in the form of a man as you wait for his return to Earth.
The real Christ was and is and always will be on Earth in the flesh at all times. He has no need to return to a place when he is already there.

The Father of LIFE is LIFE. The Father and the Son are the same LIFE.
The Father of TRUTH is TRUTH. The Father and the Son are the same TRUTH.
Jesus means "YHWH is salvation"
Christ means "anointed"

I do not deny that Truth is anointed or consecrated for its office and work.
I do not deny that ONLY the TRUTH, not any man, can set people free from deceptions.
I do not deny that ONLY the LIGHT, not any man, can set people free from darkness.

Do not trust in any princes, neither in the son of man ( Psalm 146:3) because God is not a man neither the son of man. ( Num 23:19)

There is no sin in denying a false Christ.
I do not deny the REAL CHRIST who is not a man neither the son of man but is a SPIRIT, an anointing, and always will be manifest in the flesh on Earth at all times yesterday today and forever. Those who are blind and of the world will never see it.
YHWH is the only saviour. YHWH is a SPIRIT. (John 4:24)
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.