What is Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmm, did you see my quote from skyangel in that post?
She was stuff about judgement being every day, and denying the return of Jesus.
she is not denying Christ's return, forrest, just revealing it as a spiritual occurrence that happens in a heart, and not some fleshly physical miraculous mass event that has to occur before life can begin. You might ask yourself what is the point of having Ambassadors if You have to go there Yourself to get anything done? Lol.

You are either the Body of Christ or you are not, ok, and personally i would be very uncomfortable with any position that defines me as any less than the Body of Christ, and at the very least i would sure not be condemning the Body of Christ, but bam do what you want.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
She's a liar like all the inhabitants on earth who perish during this temporary generation. The flesh of man ( inhabitants of earth ) were never our true created existence in the Word of God as created men, both male and female. She speaks like she understands what being reborn in the spirit of God is but she's a liar who doesn't believe in the day of the Lord when everything on it will be destroyed and melted with the fire of the Lord.
you are quick to accuse here, which imo is a pretty big sign. Is anyone who disagrees with you a liar now?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
She's a liar like all the inhabitants on earth who perish during this temporary generation. The flesh of man ( inhabitants of earth ) were never our true created existence in the Word of God as created men, both male and female. She speaks like she understands what being reborn in the spirit of God is but she's a liar who doesn't believe in the day of the Lord when everything on it will be destroyed and melted with the fire of the Lord.
you are quick to accuse here, which imo is a pretty big sign. Is anyone who disagrees with you a liar now?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
she is not denying Christ's return, forrest, just revealing it as a spiritual occurrence that happens in a heart, and not some fleshly physical miraculous mass event that has to occur before life can begin. You might ask yourself what is the point of having Ambassadors if You have to go there Yourself to get anything done? Lol.

You are either the Body of Christ or you are not, ok, and personally i would be very uncomfortable with any position that defines me as any less than the Body of Christ, and at the very least i would sure not be condemning the Body of Christ, but bam do what you want.

Do you read and see only what you want to see? Skyangel, denies the entire bible as the “Word of God” and sole authority. She repeatedly says that the bible is nothing more than “made-up stories” and compares the bible to “fairytales”. She says there was no man named Jesus Christ that ever came in the flesh and that He(Jesus Christ) never went to the cross to bear your sins, bbyrd009. Which means, without Jesus Christ ever going to the cross, you are naked, unless you believe also that you can manifest your own forgiveness and goodness before an almighty God that has already said He will accept no other sacrifice…other than His Son. How can she agree with you on the return of Christ when she says there never was a man named Jesus and that the bible story only teaches we all have the ability to raise the dead within us. Without Christ. Isn't that the same thing the Pharisees said: we are already perfect.

But since skyangel agrees with you on the return of Christ; those are the only things you pull out of her post. Are you telling everyone that we can forego the foundation of faith in the work Jesus Christ finished on the cross to cover our wickedness, yet we can and will still see Christ?

What is important to have correct: the return or the foundation?

(1 Peter 2:6) “Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.”

(2 John 7-11) “For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”

The Truth:

(1 Corinthians 2:2) “For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.”

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you read and see only what you want to see?
probably, most of the time, yes
Skyangel, denies the entire bible as the “Word of God” and sole authority.
thank God someone is. The Bible is not the Word, and you cannot quote the Bible stating that It is the Word, for a very good reason.
How can she agree with you on the return of Christ when she says there never was a man named Jesus and that the bible story only teaches we all have the ability to raise the dead within us. Without Christ. Isn't that the same thing the Pharisees said: we are already perfect.
well maybe, i don't agree there myself, no one gets everything right i guess; or maybe i would read that differently than you have, i dunno. What post? ty
Are you telling everyone that we can forego the foundation of faith the work Jesus Christ finished on the cross to cover our wickedness, yet we can and will still see Christ?

well, both imo; the foundation is intrinsic to the return. But at the same time we are told that many will cry "Lord, Lord" and be refused, so it does not surprise me that correct conclusions are sometimes drawn from incorrect premises, and that is just assuming that her premises are incorrect; all i have at this point is your interpretation there.
(2 John 7-11) “For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
so then quote this post if you would, or perhaps Sky might enlighten us further here, we'll see.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
probably, most of the time, yes
thank God someone is. The Bible is not the Word, and you cannot quote the Bible stating that It is the Word, for a very good reason.
well maybe, i don't agree there myself, no one gets everything right i guess; or maybe i would read that differently than you have, i dunno. What post? ty
well, both imo; the foundation is intrinsic to the return. But at the same time we are told that many will cry "Lord, Lord" and be refused, so it does not surprise me that correct conclusions are sometimes drawn from incorrect premises, and that is just assuming that her premises are incorrect; all i have at this point is your interpretation there.
so then quote this post if you would, or perhaps Sky might enlighten us further here, we'll see.

The problem with approving correct conclusions drawn from incorrect premises is it validates the premise. it is best to address the premise directly. But it is impossible to address the premise, because the Bible is interpreted differently.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The problem with approving correct conclusions drawn from incorrect premises is it validates the premise. it is best to address the premise directly. But it is impossible to address the premise, because the Bible is interpreted differently.
this is intentional, i'm convinced, because it must reflect the nature of truth. The Book is God~Breathed, and we do not think like God. It might be observed that we seek logic, and wish to pin down facts, and know things, and truth is not arrived at logically. It makes no sense to give a guy who is robbing you your coat too; it makes sense to go and buy a gun--and i guess if Stranger is right you better hurry--which should most obviously be used to protect yourself from this shirt-swiping person.

The premise is only revealed in the fruit, and we have countless warnings about using any other yardstick. Applying logic to Scripture is a way to see and not see, which is why we have _________ Christians, pick whatever word you want, "gun-toting" or whatever it may be, just put your sect in there, basically.

Because if you(all) have gone to a sect and been provided a logical path to salvation that made sense to you and that you accepted on faith, and now believe that you are considered "saved" by God because of some things that you did in the past at the behest of this sect--just like pretty much everybody does--then i would urge you to pause and reflect.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
interpreting the Book differently will be a poor excuse for the questions that matter, the ones that will be asked. Your logical answers are going to bend back on themselves--you've seen me do it, it isn't magic or anything--and you are not going to be able to tell God that he is annoying or confusing lol. Not comparing myself to God or anything, the point is to see how logic is made to serve the ego without our realizing it.

Conversations on the morality of slave ownership with a plantation owner are pointless, iow. Which is another way of saying that talking to someone who reads the Bible logically is also--as we can observe--mostly pointless. Two logical thinkers who disagree on a doctrine find each other, and spend the next umpty ump years disagreeing. The exceptions are by definition those who reason more dialectically, allowing that their statements of fact or truth do not paint the whole picture.

it makes absolutely no difference how one interprets Scripture, in a sense at least, and there is no final test on Scriptural knowledge. What you believe is, in a very strange way, irrelevant to God. There is no correct religion to pick, because it is your fruit that matters, and you are going to reap what you sow.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Re opening post. ( sorry too many posts between to read everything...so maybe mine has already been said)
Truth is perspective I think. Someone could be in the bathroom and yell, "We are out of toilet paper" , true, but not fact...the truth is, that under the sink the cupboard if full of them.
Both are right.
Truth to me, is the light that God has revealed for me to walk in. For each of us it is a different perspective, ......where we are standing at any given time in our walk. =
The Elephant syndrome. Someone discribing what they see from the front ( trunk) and someone at the tail end saying " No, you are wrong..that is not an elephant" They one have one perspective. ..same with an elephant's leg. Each has a vision of only a PART of the picture , but no one can see the whole picture.
That is how God designed it. That is why we are called " The body of Christ" ...everyone has a place....therefore our focus is often on another part of the whole.

As someone has already said...it is the difference between a truth and The Truth.

Yes, we have a strong foundation and we stand that which The Truth has revealed to us. In the body of Christ it is easy to get frustrated with others when they cannot see the things that have been already revealed to us.
I think maybe that you are meaning 'doctrine' where you use the word truth?
Some people have a teachable spirit, some don't . Our doctrine is a very mixed bag. I'm always interested in what other believe, and how they arrived at what they believe. A mature Christian will always be open to fresh light, a legalistic Christian will believe that they have ' arrived' and then just 'camp' there, never growing or moving on , but believing that they have it all. Truth is both a solid fact, and a progression...
Just my two cents ..
Christ can see the whole picture and it is possible to see a whole elephant if you are not blind.
When you see through the eyes of Christ instead of seeing through your own eyes you can see the whole picture too which is fresh and new every morning as the old passes away and all things become new. However those who are stuck in their false doctrines and worshipping their false Christ do not like to even consider anything new. They are stagnating in their own false hopes.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truth in my book is a Person...and He , at the moment is being revealed to us...hence "The book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ."
If every member of the Body of Christ had " all truth" Paul would not have said in Eph. 4 " From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
However much we individually may believe that we "have arrived" and have "all truth".....the reality is
that we are not there yet. No one has 'the whole ball of wax'.
My Book says:- "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ"
Jesus Christ is the Head, and we are the Body...no one has "arrived" yet....because the body has not yet come to the One Perfect Man, in Christ.
TIME has not yet been called, the scales have not yet weighed...the verdict on how faithfully we walked the walk is not yet in.
"In Christ" yes, we are perfect, our spiritual vision is not...and our works and walk have yet be tried.
So, no, none of us can or have, seen the "whole elephant" ....yet.

But...that is just my view and opinion as I read The Book.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They are stagnating in their own false hopes.
this strikes me as judgement of others, based upon appearances no less, when it can also be said of "them" that they are on a path just like you are, and learn from mistakes just like you do, and change their minds just as easily. Have you never stagnated for a time?

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
this strikes me as judgement of others, based upon appearances no less, when it can also be said of "them" that they are on a path just like you are, and learn from mistakes just like you do, and change their minds just as easily. Have you never stagnated for a time?

A stagnant pool is what it is and you can tell it is stagnating when you see no fresh water flowing through it. It stops being stagnant when fresh water flows THROUGH it not just into it. False doctrines are stagnating pools and some people who abide in those pools never learn from their mistakes because they refuse to admit they made any mistakes in the first place. They just try to get others to join them in their stagnating pool and cause them to be afraid to leave the pool in case they end up in hell or rejected by God or something.
It is not easy to change ones mind or views when they have been ingrained into you for many years. It took me a LONG time to admit I was once stagnating and come out of that stagnant pool of religious traditions and false doctrines and no longer fear death or hell or punishment from some invisible mythical character.
Death is simply a natural part of life and all dead people rest in peace for all eternity regardless of what they believed when they were alive. There are no people in some eternal torment like many Christians seem to believe.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Do you read and see only what you want to see? Skyangel, denies the entire bible as the “Word of God” and sole authority. She repeatedly says that the bible is nothing more than “made-up stories” and compares the bible to “fairytales”. She says there was no man named Jesus Christ that ever came in the flesh and that He(Jesus Christ) never went to the cross to bear your sins, bbyrd009. Which means, without Jesus Christ ever going to the cross, you are naked, unless you believe also that you can manifest your own forgiveness and goodness before an almighty God that has already said He will accept no other sacrifice…other than His Son. How can she agree with you on the return of Christ when she says there never was a man named Jesus and that the bible story only teaches we all have the ability to raise the dead within us. Without Christ. Isn't that the same thing the Pharisees said: we are already perfect.

But since skyangel agrees with you on the return of Christ; those are the only things you pull out of her post. Are you telling everyone that we can forego the foundation of faith in the work Jesus Christ finished on the cross to cover our wickedness, yet we can and will still see Christ?

(1 Peter 2:6) “Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.”

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”

The Truth:

(1 Corinthians 2:2) “For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.”

Whether a man named Jesus who had supernatural powers and was miraculously born of a virgin actually existed is a matter of debate and always will be. There are no physical records of the literal birth of such a man. I am merely saying that in my view, it is highly unlikely that a man with supernatural powers literally existed. It is as unlikely as superman ever existing in reality. IF any man named Jesus existed, I think he would have been a philosopher who was not miraculously born of a virgin at all but was born naturally of the flesh like any person is born naturally of the flesh. The bible even teaches the principle that flesh is born of flesh and spirit is born of spirit. ( John 3:6) It does not say flesh is born of spirit.
Therefore take the principle taught in John 3:6 and apply it to the virgin birth story and the only way that story can be true and still conform to the principle in John 3:6 is by the story referring to a spirit which is born of spirit and conceived by spirit in the MIND and HEART of a spiritual virgin. The story simply ignores the fleshly aspect of the fleshly body because it is concentrating on spiritual aspects.
There is a concept of physical "flesh" as well as a concept of spiritual "flesh" in the bible. That is why I find it far more logical and sensible to perceive the character Jesus as a mythical character who merely represents the TRUTH of the spiritual aspects of the LIFE of mankind as well as representing the WAY to LIVE in TRUTH. The character is merely an example of how to live and walk in the LIGHT of TRUTH in a body of flesh on Earth and how to overcome sin in the body of flesh.
You do indeed have the ability to raise the "dead" within yourself IF the very SAME spirit that rose Christ from the dead in the story also abides in you. That Spirit within you has the ability to overcome all sin in your flesh and it doesn't take your whole lifetime to overcome it any more than it took the Jesus Character his whole lifetime to overcome it.
Overcoming your own fleshly lusts merely takes self control. No one outside of you is going to control those lusts within you. You (the Spirit within you ) are the only one who can do it. Whether you manage it or not depends on how much you want to overcome whatever you lust after. If you are waiting for someone else to magically take away your lusts, you will be waiting forever.
The "dead person" in you is the spirit which continues to sin. You can raise that "dead person" to life by crucifying it for the end result of "crucifying death" is life. It is the same principle as destroying darkness with light which results in light not darkness.
LIGHT is always perfect. There is nothing imperfect about light.

As for deceivers, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
That is not me since I always confess that Christ IS COME in the flesh NOW, Today as well as Yesterday and Tomorrow for all eternity. To say Christ IS COME in the flesh NOW at all times is very different to claiming he was once on Earth in the flesh, is not on Earth in the flesh now but will one day return to Earth in the flesh.
It is the people who teach that he WAS on Earth in the past... is NOT COME ON EARTH IN THE FLESH NOW.... but will one day be on Earth in the flesh again in future.. who are deceived by false doctrines and have no clue they are teaching or preaching a myth and giving people false hopes for something that will never happen in a literal physical sense.
Those people fail to recognise that Christ is the SAME SPIRIT in the FLESH yesterday Today and forever and never changes.
They worship and follow an individual person who they idolise as God instead of understanding the SPIRIT OF LIFE is never confined to an individual person but is always in ALL LIFE forms on Earth regardless of whether those life forms appear to be good or evil to those people who like to judge them as such.
It is very foolish to CONFINE the SPIRIT of LIFE and SPIRIT of TRUTH to only one persons fleshly body and idolise that individual as God. The Spirit of LOVE, TRUTH, LIFE, cannot be confined to only one person today or yesterday or tomorrow, any more than you can confine LOVE and LIFE to only one person in reality. Therefore all people who worship an individual as God are following a false god and worshipping an idol. God is not an individual. God in the bible is a plural collection of Spirits which refer to themselves as "US" in Genesis .. That collection is innumerable and not confined to one or three or any number.
"US" includes us of the past present and future. We create mankind in our image and likeness and teach them what we want them to believe is right and wrong. Such is life.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Truth in my book is a Person...and He , at the moment is being revealed to us...hence "The book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ."
If every member of the Body of Christ had " all truth" Paul would not have said in Eph. 4 " From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
However much we individually may believe that we "have arrived" and have "all truth".....the reality is
that we are not there yet. No one has 'the whole ball of wax'.
My Book says:- "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ"
Jesus Christ is the Head, and we are the Body...no one has "arrived" yet....because the body has not yet come to the One Perfect Man, in Christ.
TIME has not yet been called, the scales have not yet weighed...the verdict on how faithfully we walked the walk is not yet in.
"In Christ" yes, we are perfect, our spiritual vision is not...and our works and walk have yet be tried.
So, no, none of us can or have, seen the "whole elephant" ....yet.

But...that is just my view and opinion as I read The Book.

Truth is not just one person. Truth is all people and all other existing things. Truth is simply that which is what it is regardless of human judgement and perception of it.
As for no one knowing or having "all Truth" or the "whole Truth"... that makes absolutely no sense if you truly believe that Truth is a person named Jesus Christ. If no one has all Truth, what you are saying is that no one can have or know all of Jesus Christ.
That is not what the bible teaches. It teaches that you can be ONE with TRUTH ( Christ) and can know him/it as completely as you are known by him/it.
1 Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
When will you know the Truth completely? When you see it face to face and become ONE with it. Then you will know it as completely as you know yourself and you will understand it never leaves you in the flesh any more than you can leave yourself.
Are you just the head of your own body or are you your whole body?
Are you just the spirit in your body or are you the whole body including the physical aspects of it?
If the brain is in the head and the rest of the body is not connected to the brain and controlled by the brain, that body is sick and disabled. If you as part of the body are not unity with the brain, it's about time you got in sync.
Christ is the body which includes the head and all the rest of the body parts or members as well. They all work together as a whole body. Whatever parts do not obey the head or the "mind" are obviously out of sync. That body needs to heal itself and get in sync with the head instead of an "arm" saying to a "foot" I have no need of you. ( 1 Cor 12:12-27).
1 Cor 12:12 ......all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
Christ is also one body comprised of MANY MEMBERS. It
(he) is not just one member of a corporate body.
1 Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
CHRIST is NOT an individual member which needs to be worshipped as something apart from the body or an individual person or as some severed head but IS the WHOLE BODY working together as a whole in unity with the brain which contains all knowledge of all truth.
Christ does not demand to be idolised or demand worship from anyone any more than your brain demands worship from your toes or from the backside you sit on daily.
Body parts automatically obey the head of the body at all times in a healthy well adjusted body. If a body has parts which do not obey the head, that body is disabled and needs to be healed in a physical as well as a spiritual sense. The body of Christ or Christ on Earth in the flesh, can only heal itself when it admits to being disabled and in need of healing in the first place. If that body of Christ waits for someone outside of it to heal it will be waiting in vain. If that physical body is waiting for its physical head to return then the body obviously has a severed head and is dead due to having no head attached to it.

Jul 6, 2011
Truth is not just one person. Truth is all people and all other existing things. Truth is simply that which is what it is regardless of human judgement and perception of it.
As for no one knowing or having "all Truth" or the "whole Truth"... that makes absolutely no sense if you truly believe that Truth is a person named Jesus Christ. If no one has all Truth, what you are saying is that no one can have or know all of Jesus Christ.
That is not what the bible teaches. It teaches that you can be ONE with TRUTH ( Christ) and can know him/it as completely as you are known by him/it.
1 Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
When will you know the Truth completely? When you see it face to face and become ONE with it. Then you will know it as completely as you know yourself and you will understand it never leaves you in the flesh any more than you can leave yourself.
Are you just the head of your own body or are you your whole body?
Are you just the spirit in your body or are you the whole body including the physical aspects of it?
If the brain is in the head and the rest of the body is not connected to the brain and controlled by the brain, that body is sick and disabled. If you as part of the body are not unity with the brain, it's about time you got in sync.
Christ is the body which includes the head and all the rest of the body parts or members as well. They all work together as a whole body. Whatever parts do not obey the head or the "mind" are obviously out of sync. That body needs to heal itself and get in sync with the head instead of an "arm" saying to a "foot" I have no need of you. ( 1 Cor 12:12-27).
1 Cor 12:12 ......all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
Christ is also one body comprised of MANY MEMBERS. It
(he) is not just one member of a corporate body.
1 Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
CHRIST is NOT an individual member which needs to be worshipped as something apart from the body or an individual person or as some severed head but IS the WHOLE BODY working together as a whole in unity with the brain which contains all knowledge of all truth.
Christ does not demand to be idolised or demand worship from anyone any more than your brain demands worship from your toes or from the backside you sit on daily.
Body parts automatically obey the head of the body at all times in a healthy well adjusted body. If a body has parts which do not obey the head, that body is disabled and needs to be healed in a physical as well as a spiritual sense. The body of Christ or Christ on Earth in the flesh, can only heal itself when it admits to being disabled and in need of healing in the first place. If that body of Christ waits for someone outside of it to heal it will be waiting in vain. If that physical body is waiting for its physical head to return then the body obviously has a severed head and is dead due to having no head attached to it.
No that is not entirely right. One cant see we see dimly and then dispute what Christ says. Jesus Christ is the truth, 'I am the truth, the way and the life'

Yes 1 Cor 12:14, but also Col 1:7 "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles theglorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Christ in you.

The testimony of God is spiritual gained from a holistic entirety .

Reactions: bbyrd009

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No that is not entirely right. One cant see we see dimly and then dispute what Christ says. Jesus Christ is the truth, 'I am the truth, the way and the life'

Yes 1 Cor 12:14, but also Col 1:7 "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles theglorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Christ in you.

The testimony of God is spiritual gained from a holistic entirety .

If you allowed Christ in you to speak instead of speaking about yourself when you say "I AM...... whatever you wish to put in here...."
The words which would come from your mouth would be.."I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by me"
Would those words be referring to you as a man or to the spirit within you?
Those words from the mouth of Jesus were not referring to the man Jesus but to the Spirit within him. They were the words of the Spirit not the words of the man.

Now what do you say about yourself? Fill in the gap.... "I AM........................."

I AM the Truth.
I AM the Light of the world.

Listen to the Spirit not to the messenger.

The Way,Truth and Life has never been confined to only one messenger or an individual person.

Jul 6, 2011
If you allowed Christ in you to speak instead of speaking about yourself when you say "I AM...... whatever you wish to put in here...."
The words which would come from your mouth would be.."I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by me"
Would those words be referring to you as a man or to the spirit within you?
Those words from the mouth of Jesus were not referring to the man Jesus but to the Spirit within him. They were the words of the Spirit not the words of the man.
The Way,Truth and Life has never been confined to only one messenger or an individual person.
Those words are what they say. Jesus said He was the way the truth and the life and its implicit in the 'me' in "no man comes to the Father but by me"
Remember Jesus is the word, the Holy Spirit is the spirit. Water is H20 but its not steam or ice which is also H20

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Those words are what they say. Jesus said He was the way the truth and the life and its implicit in the 'me' in "no man comes to the Father but by me"
Remember Jesus is the word, the Holy Spirit is the spirit. Water is H20 but its not steam or ice which is also H20

Flesh is not Spirit. The flesh is the container of the water, the container is not the water regardless how much water is in it or flows through it.
Remember it is always the Spirit speaking through the man (vessel or container) not the man (container) speaking about himself. The container can do nothing of itself. It is always the LIFE in the container which is doing the speaking.
John 5:30 "I can of mine own self do nothing"
Matt 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
John 7:8 "He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory:"
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
The container or vessel or messenger through which the Spirit speaks is irrelevant.
The Spirit of Life says "No man comes to Life but by me"
The Spirit of Truth says " No man comes to Truth but by me"
The "Way" says " No man knows the Way except I show him the Way"

The Word which came from the mouth of the character was the Word of the Spirit not the Word of the flesh.
No man is Word. The Word is the Spirit which comes from the mouth of man and manifests through sounds whether you understand those sounds or not.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia

Why did you avoid my question?
What do you say about yourself? Fill in the gap.... "I AM........................."