What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" has nothing to do with salvation? What is the sixth word?

What is the matter with you???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh wait, I get it!!! You're just a troll, spouting unBiblical garbage just to upset people and spread lies!!! Well, you had me fooled for a while, but now I am onto you. You are simply full of [expletive]!!!!!

answer the serious question on sanctification

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found the verse that describes the troll masquerading as theefaith...

Romans 16:17-18, "Now I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who create dissensions and obstacles contrary to the teaching that you learned. Avoid them! For these are the kind who do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By their smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of the naive."

my verse is Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic Church isn’t the Church which began as a sect of Judaism. That should be obvious to you.

Jesus is a man, not a Roman Catholic man.

Jesus is a man, a Jewish man.

A Jewish man founded the early Church.

No Jewish man - in fact, as you pointed out, “no man at all” - founded the Roman Catholic Church.

See again your low opinion of the Jew. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the founding of the Roman Catholic Church.

founded on Peter Matt 16:18
Key of jurisdictional authority
Matt 16-19

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
no only one church founded by Christ on Peter and

Christ and Peter - two Jewish men.

No he was not a human person but the God-man
Fully divine
Fully human

Thanks. What you stated here is precisely what trinitarianism teaches. I spent the last two years speaking with trinitarians on another Internet forum who insisted that it doesn’t.

In order to be a trinitarian we must reject the notion that Jesus of Nazareth was a human person.

That’s one reason, not the only reason, why I’m no longer a trinitarian.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and Peter - two Jewish men.

Thanks. What you stated here is precisely what trinitarianism teaches. I spent the last two years speaking with trinitarians on another Internet forum who insisted that it doesn’t.

In order to be a trinitarian we must reject the notion that Jesus of Nazareth was a human person.

That’s one reason, not the only reason, why I’m no longer a trinitarian.

a man like us in all things except sin human but not only human

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
a man like us in all things except sin human but not only human

Yet not a human person, says trinitarianism.

When I read about Jesus of Nazareth in scripture, I’m reading about a human person.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to know truth about the mystery of the holy trinity see what the church teaches!
Lk 1:4 instructed
Matt 28:19 teach all men

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jewish is not ethnicity but religion and Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant church founded on Peter.

The religion of Jesus and Peter is Judaism. The Church founded by Jesus began as a sect of Judaism.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religion of Jesus and Peter is Judaism. The Church founded by Jesus began as a sect of Judaism.

Heb 9:1
Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you want to know truth about the mystery of the holy trinity see what the church teaches!

Nay, said the trinitarians on the Internet forum I mentioned. They refused to surrender their non-trinitarian belief about Jesus. They were trinitarians in name only.

Why point people to the Roman Catholic Church for teaching on the mystery of the Trinity? Because that is where the teaching on the mystery came from.

Lk 1:4 instructed
Matt 28:19 teach all men

Again, you’re offering me the teaching of Roman Catholicism, not the teaching of the 1st century Jewish sect of Christianity - which had nothing whatsoever to say about Roman Catholicism and the mystery of the Trinity.

Reactions: Jim B

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Heb 9:1
Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

That’s right.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no only one church founded by Christ on Peter

[snip]

Are you a parrot? Or are you just rolling yet again?

Jesus didn't "found" His church on the man He called "Satan", who denied Him three times, and was cited as being a hypocrite by Paul. Peter was a flawed person who did not establish "the church", including the (unBiblical) Catholic denomination. Anything to the contrary is a lie!