What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The authority on the Trinity is the Roman Catholic Church.

The authority on the Trinity is not the Roman Catholic denomination, it is the Bible. Catholicism is so far from the truth of God's word that it bears no relation to God's truth.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Where does it say that?

When you say “it” are you referring to the Bible? The Bible doesn’t say that the Roman Catholic Church is the authority on the Trinity.

The authority on the Trinity is the Bible, not a specific denomination.

That’s the Protestant position.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The authority on the Trinity is not the Roman Catholic denomination, it is the Bible. Catholicism is so far from the truth of God's word that it bears no relation to God's truth.

Roman Catholics are trinitarians. Catholicism is trinitarian.

“Catholicism is so far from the truth of God’s word that it bears no relation to God’s truth”?

As a Jewish monotheist, all I will say is that your comment is something which I would recommend all to meditate on.

Reactions: Jim B

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Where does it say that? The authority on the Trinity is the Bible, not a specific denomination.

Is there something about the Catholic teaching on the doctrine of the Trinity, specifically, which you disagree with?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there something about the Catholic teaching on the doctrine of the Trinity, specifically, which you disagree with?

Catholicism is based on nothing more than religious doctrine that they have invented and put forth as the truth. The truth is in the Bible, not in any denomination. There is no "Catholic" in the Bible, no "Pope", no "Cardinal". Mary was a virgin (in the normal sense of the word) only until she had intercourse with Joseph and gave birth to Jesus' siblings. The church was founded on Jesus Christ, not Peter. They depict Jesus as dead, hanging on the cross, even though He has been resurrected and is at the right hand of God. They believe the doctrine taught by their denomination, not what the Bible says. They pray to dead people! They believe that you must be taught by and have your sins forgiven by -- priests. Etc, etc, etc.

While this doesn't specifically answer your question about their doctrine of the trinity, it clearly shows that their denomination is entirely based on fiction.

Reactions: Matthias

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nay, said the trinitarians on the Internet forum I mentioned. They refused to surrender their non-trinitarian belief about Jesus. They were trinitarians in name only.

Why point people to the Roman Catholic Church for teaching on the mystery of the Trinity? Because that is where the teaching on the mystery came from.

Again, you’re offering me the teaching of Roman Catholicism, not the teaching of the 1st century Jewish sect of Christianity - which had nothing whatsoever to say about Roman Catholicism and the mystery of the Trinity.

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a parrot? Or are you just rolling yet again?

Jesus didn't "found" His church on the man He called "Satan", who denied Him three times, and was cited as being a hypocrite by Paul. Peter was a flawed person who did not establish "the church", including the (unBiblical) Catholic denomination. Anything to the contrary is a lie!

Christ founded the church on Peter! See you don’t believe the Bible or the very words of jesus!

matt 16:18-19

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

the person of Peter has this jurisdictional authority!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The usual lie. I have disproven this over and over and over.

Jesus Christ is the rock of salvation!

Peter is the rock that the church is built on by Christ alone!

Lk 22
All apostles But Jesus prays for Peter alone

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church

Only Peter and His successors have
Jurisdictional authority from Christ to govern the church!

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediary!

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth in the place of Christ until His return!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 10:44
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is the body of Christ, not your denomination!

the people teach the people right!

matt 28:19
Jn 16:13 applies to the apostles not the people, the people need to be taught

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense, as usual. Try to understand what the Bile actually says!

matt 28:19 go (apostles go) teach (apostles teach) all nations (the people) lk 1:4 instructed acts 8:31 taught!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the rock of salvation!

Peter is the rock that the church is built on by Christ alone!

Lk 22
All apostles But Jesus prays for Peter alone

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church

Only Peter and His successors have
Jurisdictional authority from Christ to govern the church!

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediary!

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth in the place of Christ until His return!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 10:44
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Peter was called "Satan" by Jesus, so your denomination follows Satan! Nothing more needs to be said!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Add the church is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15
Must hear the church Matt 18:17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was called "Satan" by Jesus, so your denomination follows Satan! Nothing more needs to be said!

the apostles have jurisdictional authority not impeccability
Jesus speaking to satan who was using Peter Jn 20:21-23 had not occurred

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
His teaching authority!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

I’m well acquainted with Catholicism.

I was raised Southern Baptist. Trinitarian. I married a Roman Catholic. Trinitarian - in a Roman Catholic Church - a bit of a scandal at the time for both her family and mine.

There was no difference in her belief about the doctrine of the Trinity and my belief about the doctrine of the Trinity. There were, of course, differences about other aspects of our beliefs.

Jesus isn’t a Southern Baptist. Trinitarian.

Jesus isn’t a Roman Catholic. Trinitarian.

Jesus is a Jew. Unitarian.

The twelve apostles are Jews. Unitarians.

I don’t find trinitarian interpretation of unitarian persons persuasive.

What draws me to Catholic writers, in particular, is their tendency to allow persons who lived in biblical times to be what they in fact were.

Have you read the quotes I’ve posted from Fortman? He’s an excellent example of what I’m speaking about.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even His judging!
His teaching authority!

Apostolic succession!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

His church is not the Catholic denomination. It is the body of Christ.

Ephesians 1:23, "Now the church is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all."

"Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments" is not in the Bible. They are the invention of fallible, corrupt men.

Catholicism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!"

Christian rule of faith is the Bible alone!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church, not the Catholic denomination.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m well acquainted with Catholicism.

I was raised Southern Baptist. Trinitarian. I married a Roman Catholic. Trinitarian - in a Roman Catholic Church - a bit of a scandal at the time for both her family and mine.

There was no difference in her belief about the doctrine of the Trinity and my belief about the doctrine of the Trinity. There were, of course, differences about other aspects of our beliefs.

Jesus isn’t a Southern Baptist. Trinitarian.

Jesus isn’t a Roman Catholic. Trinitarian.

Jesus is a Jew. Unitarian.

The twelve apostles are Jews. Unitarians.

I don’t find trinitarian interpretation of unitarian persons persuasive.

What draws me to Catholic writers, in particular, is their tendency to allow persons who lived in biblical times to be what they in fact were.

Have you read the quotes I’ve posted from Fortman? He’s an excellent example of what I’m speaking about.

no, and there is no such thing as a Jewish religion, it was the mosaic covenant but it’s fulfilled and replaced by the new covenant church! There is no temple, no ark, no priesthood, no sacrifice and no mediator of the old covenant all are reformed by Christ in the new covenant’

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Would you like to?

His book (The Triune God: A Historical Study of the Doctrine of the Trinity) is also available for reading online at no cost. Here’s a link to it. The Triune God : a historical study of the doctrine of the Trinity : Fortman, Edmund J., 1901- : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

You’ll still be a trinitarian after reading it but you’ll gain a sound historical basis for your belief / religion.

…and there is no such thing as a Jewish religion, it was the mosaic covenant but it’s fulfilled and replaced by the new covenant church! There is no temple, no ark, no priesthood, no sacrifice and no mediator of the old covenant all are reformed by Christ in the new covenant’

See scripture and Judaism for historical information / documentation on the Jewish religion.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great fundamentalist lie!
Masquerading as Faith & truth!

The Great rebellion against Christ and His holy church and apostles!

Reject all of sacred and apostolic Tradition who have the authority of Christ! (The holy apostles)

But accept, obey and submit to the tradition of men like those who translated the KJV Bible (and rejected many books and chapters) and the excommunicated heretic luther who invented the five heretical Solas!

Saul
The Jew
Pride
Hatred for Christ and Christians
Heretic
Fundamentalist

Paul
Humble
Saint
Faithful Christian
Love of Christ and Christians

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Fundamentalism is faith without reason!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

Including Protestants!

Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

The doctrine of demons has built in vices!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Thy zeal has blinded thee to the truth!

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! The just live by faith!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in rebellion!

The source of truth and the rule of faith is Christ and His church!

To reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ who founded her and commanded her to teach all nations! Matt 16:18 and 28:19 must hear the church Matt 18:17 church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Protestant fundamentalism is
Pure spiritual blindness, thick black scales!

Spiritual anarchy and chaos!

God establishes “peace and order” thru obedience to hierarchical jurisdictional authority!

Peter matt 16:18
The apostles Matt 18:18
Jn 29:21-23 eph 2:20 eph 5:24 eph 5:32
Jn 15:1-5
Apostolic succession acts 1:26

Personifies saul:

A fundamentalist going by spiritual pride, self-righteous private judgement from scripture, or the humility to hear the teaching of Christ through the church of His apostles?
Obedience of faith: rom 16:26
We must be taught by Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. Jn 14:6
Instructed: Lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Teach all nations: Matt 28:19
He who hears you (the apostles) hears me: lk 10:16
Hear the church: Matt 18:17
Church is the pillar and ground of truth: 1 Tim 3:14
Christ and his church are one, the church is an extension of Christ through the whole world and all time: acts 9:4

Not scripture plus private judgement

But guided by the teaching office of Christ and his church!

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

The “Bible alone” is not the rule of faith for Christians!
Or you’re own spiritual pride prejudiced private judgement, but the teaching authority of the apostles!

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 17:11 does not say or mean what you think it does.

They gladly received the teaching of the apostle.

The did not act out of pride, presumption, and arrogance like heretics do.

They did not say we protest and make rebellion against youre teaching unless we find it in scripture!

The teaching authority of the apostles is absolute and without question!

Lk 10:16 he who hears you hears me! Period
Not he who hears you and searches the scripture and uses personal judgement based on pride hears me!

You have no right to use scripture against the church, the church IS the pillar and ground of truth and must be heard! 1 Tim 3:15 matt 18:17 you may search the scriptures to see that it is so!

To question or reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ! Acts 9:4

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously, and I’m sure could quote scripture to prove it, but was full of pride, presumption, and arrogance, spiritual blindness and the same is true of all heretics! It’s all pride and personal judgement!

And none of it can stand the blinding light of Jesus Christ!

The virtues of a Christian are not pride, presumption, arrogance, protests, and rebellion.

The virtues of a Christian are humility, obedience, and submission to proper authority, full acceptance of Christ and his holy church and all she proposes for belief!

The apostles having the same mission, ministry, power, and authority of Christ!

We must be taught by the apostles, and their successors! Lk 1:4 Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4
Eph 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Saul was persecuting the church, and Christ said “why persecute me”? Acts 9:4

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 10:16

Jn 15:1-5 Christ united to his apostles (the church) bearing fruit! (The salvation of souls)

The church and the apostles exist by his commands and authority! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

There is an unbreakable union between Christ and His Holy Church!

Mt 16:18 mt 18:17 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Gates of hell shall NOT PREVAIL!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

The church is the ark of salvation, to attack the church is to attack salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like to?

His book (The Triune God: A Historical Study of the Doctrine of the Trinity) is also available for reading online at no cost. Here’s a link to it. The Triune God : a historical study of the doctrine of the Trinity : Fortman, Edmund J., 1901- : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

You’ll still be a trinitarian after reading it but you’ll gain a sound historical basis for your belief / religion.

See scripture and Judaism for historical information / documentation on the Jewish religion.

Jews don’t have a religion they rejected their own salvation and killed their own savior