What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never apologize!

there were some independent abuses yes but it is a sound practice truth must be defended and error condemned and there still is the holy office of the inquisition

Never apologize? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read, here or anywhere else. Are you (or your Pope or any other person) infallible?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
never apologize!

there were some independent abuses yes but it is a sound practice truth must be defended and error condemned and there still is the holy office of the inquisition

I’ve always liked and appreciated irony.

Ironically, I have more in common with Catholic Answers, and Catholic scholars who are grounded in history, and with the pope than you do.

In 2006 or 2007 I had a brief private meeting with an Imam at Al-Farooq Masjid in Atlanta, at his request. He warned me about you and offered the mosque as a place of refuge and protection when (not if) you return to your violent Inquisitional ways. I don’t think you will, but - as you point out, the office is still there - I’ve never forgotten the Imam’s warning and offer of protection.

I’m a Christian who is a Jewish monotheist - not a Muslim, nor a Roman Catholic.

My theological antagonist (the Muslim) offers me sanctuary. My theological antagonist (the Roman Catholic) offers me Inquisition.

I love irony.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
never apologize!

“The Inquisition’s here and it’s here to stay!”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never apologize? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read, here or anywhere else. Are you (or your Pope or any other person) infallible?

the truth marches on!

Truth is immutable and matters!

the church is the spotless bride

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve always liked and appreciated irony.

Ironically, I have more in common with Catholic Answers, and Catholic scholars who are grounded in history, and with the pope than you do.

In 2006 or 2007 I had a brief private meeting with an Imam at Al-Farooq Masjid in Atlanta, at his request. He warned me about you and offered the mosque as a place of refuge and protection when (not if) you return to your violent Inquisitional ways. I don’t think you will, but - as you point out, the office is still there - I’ve never forgotten the Imam’s warning and offer of protection.

I’m a Christian who is a Jewish monotheist - not a Muslim, nor a Roman Catholic.

My theological antagonist (the Muslim) offers me sanctuary. My theological antagonist (the Roman Catholic) offers me Inquisition.

I love irony.

there are no Christians accept Catholics Jn 10:15 one new covenant

don’t forget to ask them how many Catholics they murdered at fez? The red fez hat is red cos of the blood of the martyrs

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
there are no Christians accept Catholics…

See the “Catholics aren’t Christians” crowd. You’re operating on their level.

Jn 10:15 one new covenant

That’s right.

don’t forget to ask them how many Catholics they murdered at fez? The red fez hat is red cos of the blood of the martyrs

They don’t equate killing their enemies with loving them. It’s disturbing to me that you personally do, or might.

What difference does it make if they torture and kill me or you do?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
enough to tell you the truth …

History deniers aren’t telling the truth.

…and that in a Christian kingdom you’re not permitted to teach heresy

I presume you’re speaking about nations where Catholicism is the state religion. History documents how they dealt with those who didn’t or wouldn’t embrace Catholicism. Islam does the same.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

there is more than one new covenant church? Jn 10:16

A conversation between two Jews, not two Roman Catholics.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See the “Catholics aren’t Christians” crowd. You’re operating on their level.

That’s right.

They don’t equate killing their enemies with loving them. It’s disturbing to me that you personally do, or might.

What difference does it make if they torture and kill me or you do?

why were people subject to the inquisition?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History deniers aren’t telling the truth.

I presume you’re speaking about nations where Catholicism is the state religion. History documents how they dealt with those who didn’t or wouldn’t embrace Catholicism. Islam does the same.

heresy is treason against God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not mentioning all history

what about the thousands of Catholics murdered in the English so called reformation?

more by the French Protestants?

or the Irish persecutions?

Reactions: Matthias