What is wrong with this picture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is wrong with this picture? Men in a pissing contest; Mine is holier than yours. Testosterone is shed more than humble tears. "I am right. You are wrong." Puffed up, argumentative men; claiming superior knowledge and their truth as the ONLY way. But they have forgotten their first love. What does He say about pride? What does he say about arrogance and vain arguments? What does He say about strength being made perfect in weakness? What does He say about knowing them by their fruits?

What is wrong with this picture? THe stench of piss is stinking up the place...

Let them be castrated before you, Lord. Let them enter as a bride.
Hi,

If scripture is The Truth then that means someone's translation has to be right. Right? How do we figure out which translation is right?

If one does have The Truth then wouldn't their way be "the ONLY way"?

IHS...Mary

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

If scripture is The Truth then that means someone's translation has to be right. Right? How do we figure out which translation is right?

If one does have The Truth then wouldn't their way be "the ONLY way"?

IHS...Mary

Jesus Christ is the way. The ONLY way. HE gives strength to the weak. Even His earthly mother needed that strength, as the weaker vessel.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the way. The ONLY way. HE gives strength to the weak. Even His earthly mother needed that strength, as the weaker vessel.
Jesus Christ is the only way to what?

IHS....Mary

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the only way to what?

IHS....Mary

Through the flesh/veil that separates us from being able to approach that Holy burning mountain...which is God. Spirit.

Hebrews 10:17-20 KJV
[17] And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18] Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

What do you believe is the way?

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through the flesh/veil that separates us from being able to approach that Holy burning mountain...which is God. Spirit.

Hebrews 10:17-20 KJV
[17] And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18] Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

What do you believe is the way?
The way to what?

Salvation?

IHS....Mary

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do I feel you are baiting me?

The way to reconciliation.
The way to relationship with God.
The way to "new birth" Spirit.
The way to righteousness.
The way to perfection.
The way to forgiveness.
The way to salvation.
The way to life.

Jesus Christ is that way.

Hebrews 10:14-15 KJV
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. [15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do I feel you are baiting me?

The way to reconciliation.
The way to relationship with God.
The way to "new birth" Spirit.
The way to righteousness.
The way to perfection.
The way to forgiveness.
The way to salvation.
The way to life.

Jesus Christ is that way.

Hebrews 10:14-15 KJV
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. [15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Hi VIJ,

No baiting here my friend. YOU asked an open-ended question: "What do you believe is the way?"

I simply asked you: The way to what?

If Jesus is the way to those 8 things you posted then what happens to the people who never heard of Jesus?

Mary

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi VIJ,

No baiting here my friend. YOU asked an open-ended question: "What do you believe is the way?"

I simply asked you: The way to what?

If Jesus is the way to those 8 things you posted then what happens to the people who never heard of Jesus?

Mary

They get what everyone deserves: the wrath of God.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They get what everyone deserves: the wrath of God.
An infant/young child, an adult with a very low IQ or brain injury who can't comprehend those things gets "the wrath of God"? A human being in the middle of the jungle who never heard of Jesus, salvation, forgiveness etc. etc. gets "the wrath of God"?

Mary

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An infant/young child, an adult with a very low IQ or brain injury who can't comprehend those things gets "the wrath of God"? A human being in the middle of the jungle who never heard of Jesus, salvation, forgiveness etc. etc. gets "the wrath of God"?

Mary

Mary, I am going to pray over your question for a while. I will say this though:

1) I believe God is Just.
2) I also believe God can reveal the Son to whomever He chooses.
3) The word says every knee will bow before the Lord.

If we are willing to speculate that God will make an exception for babies and the mentally ill unable to comprehend ...would God be just in not making the same exception for someone spiritually blinded and incapable of seeing?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:) Watching this space...

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary

Yes.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
YES!

What drug are you on?
Have you ever heard of the age of reason?
What do you think it means?

It means that if you CANNOT reason, God does not hold you responsible.

You mean those kids down at the Stella Maris near Livorno are going straight to hell when they die because they don't even know they're alive?

Please post some scripture on this.

I'll post this:
1 Timothy 2:4
1 John 4:8

Jesus healed the sick, the simple, the demon possessed.
Will He not do this for His children that are disabled?

What a terrible answer you gave.
Also read
Revelation 21:4
There shall be no more mourning, or crying or pain.

WHO has more pain than the disabled?

Please rethink.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
man, it's like a guy who looks at himself in a mirror, and then immediately forgets what he looks like when he walks away or something. The parables of the Good Samaritan and the Vineyard Owner with Two Sons, at the least, are like totally ignored with that. The parable of the Separation, too. None of these people got "saved" in the manner approved by @tabletalk
thank God

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@ByGrace, @bbyrd009 ...Agree totally....What kind of God do some people have!!
Stop the world I want to get off!!
Sounds like TT needs a great revelation of the Father heart of God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!

What drug are you on?
Have you ever heard of the age of reason?
What do you think it means?

It means that if you CANNOT reason, God does not hold you responsible.

You mean those kids down at the Stella Maris near Livorno are going straight to hell when they die because they don't even know they're alive?

Please post some scripture on this.

I'll post this:
1 Timothy 2:4
1 John 4:8

Jesus healed the sick, the simple, the demon possessed.
Will He not do this for His children that are disabled?

What a terrible answer you gave.
Also read
Revelation 21:4
There shall be no more mourning, or crying or pain.

WHO has more pain than the disabled?

Please rethink.

I commend your love, so this is not an attack or attempt to prove you wrong. Can you post scripture that supports children and the mentally ill cant comprehend therefore they automatically get a pass into the Kingdom?

You say "demon possessed" would that not describe a lot of people. Do they all get passes?

Can you answer:
If we are willing to speculate that God will make an exception for babies and the mentally ill unable to comprehend ...would God be just in not making the same exception for someone spiritually blinded and incapable of seeing?

Again, I am not saying you are wrong.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@VictoryinJesus Just jumping in here ( as usual) LOL

Not sure what her answer would be but I uses Romans 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds" ( they do not have evil deeds)
"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts.."

It is always about the heart...and will always be about the heart. Our hearts condemn us, or not before the Father.
Even coming from the direction of legalist who still maintain that the law is still in play...how could a baby or mentally handicapped person have the wherewithal to choose to commit sin..if indeed we believe that "Sin is the transgression of the law." Either the ten or the two love ones ..etc

Just my two cents...

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I commend your love, so this is not an attack or attempt to prove you wrong. Can you post scripture that supports children and the mentally ill cant comprehend therefore they automatically get a pass into the Kingdom?
I've already quoted two.
How about this:
Mathew 19:14
Do little children understand theology or know who Jesus really is?
Do mentally ill persons understand theology or know who Jesus is?
Have YOU studied any theology or you're one of these persons who reads their bible and knows NOTHING ELSE??
There is an age of accountability. God is a JUST God. He will not throw into hell persons that do not understand.
Romans 1:19-20 Do you think all these went to hell?
YES. Those who are not accountable will get a pass into the Kingdom of Heaven. What about aborted babies..where do you think THEY end up?

Now, if you don't mind, YOU supply some scripture to support your concept. You must be a Calvanist. They've totally changed the character of God.

You say "demon possessed" would that not describe a lot of people. Do they all get passes?
Sweetheart, I mean REALLY demon possessed persons.
You know a lot of them?
Wow. In what part of the world do you live? I'll try not to ever come there.

Can you answer:

Again, I am not saying you are wrong.

Oh. You're one of those. Yes, spiritually blind. We , all of us are spiritually blind in one way or another --- so do YOU think we'll all be saved?

Those who are spiritually blind want to be so.
They've had plenty of time and chances to hear about God.
If they deny HIM, HE will deny them.
2 Timothy 2:12b

So, are you saying I'm right?
I certainly hope so.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Just jumping in here ( as usual) LOL

Not sure what her answer would be but I uses Romans 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds" ( they do not have evil deeds)
"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts.."

It is always about the heart...and will always be about the heart. Our hearts condemn us, or not before the Father.
Even coming from the direction of legalist who still maintain that the law is still in play...how could a baby or mentally handicapped person have the wherewithal to choose to commit sin..if indeed we believe that "Sin is the transgression of the law." Either the ten or the two love ones ..etc

Just my two cents...

All born to natural mothers are dead to God until they receive the Life which Jesus is. If they do not, then they would it seems to me remain dead forever. This is not a punishment but rather the continuation of effectively nothing. They started with nothing and ended with the same thing, like the man who received only one talent as a steward and lost even that which was not his at the start.

How does any person get something to replace his nothing?