What is your dream vacation/outing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please share your dream vacation or event! Feel free to post more than one.

I want to spend a week in the United Kingdom.

I'd hit London, Manchester, and visit my friend in Scotland. Oxford, Harold's, Kensington Gardens, Buckingham Palace and a bus tour all sound wonderful. The highlight of the week would be planning to go to a Jane Austen inspired Regency era ball to do line dances, wear a gown, and have fun.

My sister and I are both huge fans of period piece historical romances and dramas. If it has corsets and lace, I will probably watch it. It makes me want to dress up.

I also want to visit Oregon state. It's natural beauty is incredible!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'd hit London, Manchester, and visit my friend in Scotland. Oxford, Harold's, Kensington Gardens, Buckingham Palace and a bus tour all sound wonderful. The highlight of the week would be planning to go to a Jane Austen inspired Regency era ball to do line dances, wear a gown, and have fun.

My sister and I are both huge fans of period piece historical romances and dramas. If it has corsets and lace, I will probably watch it. It makes me want to dress up.

Both those two I have thought of! But, I really have no special "place" (Other than with The Lord) that I desire to go. Just to see His beauty out in the wooded areas and the lakeside is special enough for this gal, lol. But then, if my physical limitations weren't there, it maybe be different. xoxo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both those two I have thought of! But, I really have no special "place" (Other than with The Lord) that I desire to go. Just to see His beauty out in the wooded areas and the lakeside is special enough for this gal, lol. But then, if my physical limitations weren't there, it maybe be different. xoxo
Yes indeed sister . What A day it will be when THE GLORIOUS CHRIST OF GOD WHO SAVED US WE SHALL SEE .
Lift those hands and let the glorious Lord be praised .
The truth is , i could be in the worst place known to man , YET HAVING THE LORD and DOING What pleases HIM
would be joyous indeed . IF the LORD aint there or desires me not to go somewhere , then even if it were the most
beautiful place on earth , I DO NOT WANT TO GO . We will never have peace outside of THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Now raise those hands sister . ITS LORD PRAISING TIME . The best prayer when praying is always
IF IT BE YOUR WILL O LORD .................................

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never been 'abroad' unless you count crossing the 21 miles of the English channel to go to France on a school trip. There are so many lovely and interesting places in the UK that I'd like to see first. And Dublin and Amsterdam are on the list too.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a golfer, I'd like to try Pebble Beach out in California. Nothing like paying $625 to get your butt whipped by the course. Golfers have a masochistic streak in them.

My wife wants to visit Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. The tourist section of town is made up to portray life in the mid-1700s.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm probably the odd one in that I don't dream of going on vacations. I dream of having a property where I can create my own oasis and don't care to leave. lol
Gardens, springs, live creeks, ponds, animals ....maybe an off grid cabin.

But if I'm going someplace, like an outing, it's usually to see my kids and grandbabies and maybe spend time on the lake (since my middle daughter lives on a lake). If not that, I love just driving back roads or someplace in the hills or mountains (not far from home) just to enjoy the scenery. Scenery is just about everywhere if you look.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm probably the odd one in that I don't dream of going on vacations. I dream of having a property where I can create my own oasis and don't care to leave. lol

But if I'm going someplace, like an outing, it's usually to see my kids and grandbabies and maybe spend time on the lake (since my middle daughter lives on a lake). If not that, I love just driving back roads or someplace in the hills or mountains (not far from home) just to enjoy the scenery. Scenery is just about everywhere if you look.
I'm more a country girl too. I don't like beach holidays but love rivers and lakes. Our UK Lake District is spectacular.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds womderful

I’ve had some terrific vacations. My favorite was Italy— Rome, Florence, Venice and Verona. So much history and interesting sites to explore.

The Caribbean is also fantastic. St Kitts is the only island I’ve visited, unless you count the Bahamas. Peru was magical. Mexico is great too— ruins and volcanos in both places.

In January we are going to Portugal. Fascinating history — Lisbon is one of the world’s oldest cities.

My dream vacation would be a trip to Israel and Jordan.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now, that's my idea of a "dream vacation"! Make your home your "staycation" lol.
It's what I'm trying for now with selling my house...looking at a couple more tomorrow morning :)

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, that's my idea of a "dream vacation"! Make your home your "staycation" lol.
It's what I'm trying for now with selling my house...looking at a couple more tomorrow morning :)
Going more rural, maybe? Someplace where you can grow food? Are you staying in the same general area, or are you making a big change?

Reactions: Wynona and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going more rural, maybe? Someplace where you can grow food? Are you staying in the same general area, or are you making a big change?
Definitely MUCH more rural. I have been looking even in different counties. Really am so stressed everyday where I am living right now. There are several I have seen already but, a couple would generally have twice the income that I do and keep over bidding me.
I trust The Lord that all will be okay :)
I will be seeing this one tomorrow, but I won't get excited anymore, Gods willing!

Rural enough for you, lol...can you imagine seeing out your back window everyday and looking at the sunrises and sets. And, WHAT a prayer closet. See...getting hopes up again :/

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely MUCH more rural. I have been looking even in different counties. Really am so stressed everyday where I am living right now. There are several I have seen already but, a couple would generally have twice the income that I do and keep over bidding me.
I trust The Lord that all will be okay :)
I will be seeing this one tomorrow, but I won't get excited anymore, Gods willing!

Rural enough for you, lol...can you imagine seeing out your back window everyday and looking at the sunrises and sets. And, WHAT a prayer closet. See...getting hopes up again :/
Yep . Put all in the hands of the glorious LORD .
Ps , dont forget the tiny shack my dear sister .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't! Lol. Lotsa room, and 3 bedrooms! My guess is that at least one of my sister (youngest) will eventually end up living with me as, how bad things are getting, Christians/family will be probably living together more so.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes indeed . a lean too shelter half is sufficient , well at least till winter . By then though
one could have prepped the place up a bit . Lol . Anway ITS LORD PRAISING TIME IN THE BUILDING .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anglophile here!! love Glastonbury, Somerset! I've been there 2 times. I'd go back in a heart beat. Love the Abbey and the history around it.
Love the Joseph of Arimathea legend too! Love London, too!! But Glastonbury!!!YES!