What is your dream vacation/outing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely MUCH more rural. I have been looking even in different counties. Really am so stressed everyday where I am living right now. There are several I have seen already but, a couple would generally have twice the income that I do and keep over bidding me.
I trust The Lord that all will be okay :)
I will be seeing this one tomorrow, but I won't get excited anymore, Gods willing!

Rural enough for you, lol...can you imagine seeing out your back window everyday and looking at the sunrises and sets. And, WHAT a prayer closet. See...getting hopes up again :/
That's beautiful, Nancy!
Soon as you get your place, you should start planting a food forest! lol
Grow food, not grass!

Fruit trees ...comfrey around the base (as living mulch) ...strawberries as a ground cover ....the possibilities are many!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's beautiful, Nancy!
Soon as you get your place, you should start planting a food forest! lol
Grow food, not grass!

Fruit trees ...comfrey around the base (as living mulch) ...strawberries as a ground cover ....the possibilities are many!
PLANT a fat ol garden . Yes indeed . Lots of fresh veggies and some good fruit trees , blue berries , strawberries .
maybe a few goats for milk and to eat up the weeds on the place .
Is ol pepsi the heeler still kicking .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't! Lol. Lotsa room, and 3 bedrooms! My guess is that at least one of my sister (youngest) will eventually end up living with me as, how bad things are getting, Christians/family will be probably living together more so.
I know how to garden too dear sister . If folks ask why on earth there is a man in your back yard in a shelter half
all you have to say is , WELL that is my gardner . NOW raise those hands up , ITS LORD praising time again .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know how to garden too dear sister . If folks ask why on earth there is a man in your back yard in a shelter half
all you have to say is , WELL that is my gardner . NOW raise those hands up , ITS LORD praising time again .
The only gardening I can do are raised beds! I like to harvest at the grocery store :D

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely MUCH more rural. I have been looking even in different counties. Really am so stressed everyday where I am living right now. There are several I have seen already but, a couple would generally have twice the income that I do and keep over bidding me.
I will be seeing this one tomorrow, but I won't get excited anymore, Gods willing!

Rural enough for you, lol...can you imagine seeing out your back window everyday and looking at the sunrises and sets. And, WHAT a prayer closet. See...getting hopes up again :/
Blessings Nancy! There are two questions to ask tomorrow if you are seeing this property. I looked at the pictures. Seems like a whole lot, for so little. It looks really nice. Ask if it has ever flooded. Picture 30 to the right of the stove.(mold?)And also since it is next to farm land make sure round up was not used. I have found that The Lord always leads us to where we are meant to be. Shoot, where I am, the pine trees(Spruce) have the same amount of rings as I do years. A place prepared.

Reactions: Wynona
Jun 23, 2023
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it's all about the vibrant streets of Rio de Janeiro during Carnival—a wild explosion of color, music, and dance that gets your heart pumpin'! The energy, the samba rhythms, and the joyful atmosphere would be off the charts.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What is your dream vacation/outing?​

I'm with John the Baptist; a day of not having to collect locusts and knocking the dust out of that camel's hair coat!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please share your dream vacation or event! Feel free to post more than one.

I want to spend a week in the United Kingdom.

I'd hit London, Manchester, and visit my friend in Scotland. Oxford, Harold's, Kensington Gardens, Buckingham Palace and a bus tour all sound wonderful. The highlight of the week would be planning to go to a Jane Austen inspired Regency era ball to do line dances, wear a gown, and have fun.

My sister and I are both huge fans of period piece historical romances and dramas. If it has corsets and lace, I will probably watch it. It makes me want to dress up.

I also want to visit Oregon state. It's natural beauty is incredible!
Years ago I visited the UK. Did London, Cambridge, Lincoln cathedral, York, Edinburgh, Chester, Oxford and Cardiff, Wales. Did see some countryside enroute from town to town.

You should see the lovely Lake District and some of the quaint little towns or villages elsewhere. York is a wonderful city to see....small, winding, cobblestone lanes. Huge cathedral.

Also, you would probably love to see some of the majestic, huge estates with their gardens, since you like period dramas.

If I went again, I would visit quaint villages and some of the estates (manor houses), rather than the large towns.

Multnomah Falls, a little east of Portland, is a magical place.
I went to Multnomah Bible college. We went to Multnomah Falls one day...it is spectacular!! Oregon is so lush and green due to the rain.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not really fussed myself haha, I used to want to go to places like Alaska or Norway somewhere freezing cold and snowy, but now not fussed if I don't get to those places as I think they may be a bit too freezing and expensive to get to lolz, but sure would be nice to see an aurora there.

I do like nice quiet places though or anywhere by the water where I can drop a line, not much of a swimmer though, as I am not a strong swimmer, riding a horse through the snowy mountains would also be awesome too.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also reckon the old medieval castles and old Cathedrals and old villages from 1500s or earlier in Europe and UK would be pretty cool to check out too. A lot of the infrastructure over there is older than here in Australia.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Super cute!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'd hit London, Manchester, and visit my friend in Scotland. Oxford, Harold's, Kensington Gardens, Buckingham Palace and a bus tour all sound wonderful. The highlight of the week would be planning to go to a Jane Austen inspired Regency era ball to do line dances, wear a gown, and have fun.

My sister and I are both huge fans of period piece historical romances and dramas. If it has corsets and lace, I will probably watch it. It makes me want to dress up.

When you go to Oregon state, drive up the coast on highway 101. Spend a night at the Windermere resort, right on the ocean, in Bandon. There is a place in the "Old Town" called Foley's Irish Pub that serves a great Shepherd's Pie. My brother and his family live in Eugene and my sister lives in Portland, so I drive up there every year. And visit the Oregon Dunes on highway 101 between Florence and North Bend. Twice, my family and I rented houses in Lincoln City near the coast and had a great time.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you go to Oregon state, drive up the coast on highway 101. Spend a night at the Windermere resort, right on the ocean, in Bandon. There is a place in the "Old Town" called Foley's Irish Pub that serves a great Shepherd's Pie. My brother and his family live in Eugene and my sister lives in Portland, so I drive up there every year. And visit the Oregon Dunes on highway 101 between Florence and North Bend. Twice, my family and I rented houses in Lincoln City near the coast and had a great time.
Windermere
Foley's Irish Pub

• Love
Reactions: Debp and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you!!!

Reactions: Bob Estey

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A lot of the infrastructure over there is older than here in Australia.

Not quite true young man. Wherever people live there is infrastructure. Australia was inhabited long before the English set foot in Australia and the infrastructure needed for them to live was very different to what the English used who arrived and believed was necessary for Australia.

The people, who had lived in Australia when the English arrived, had a far better understanding of how to live their lives and the infrastructure necessary to survive within Australia, than the Englishmen of that time. The knowledge base of the English at that time, when they arrived, was not suitable for living in Australia.

The English came with what might be called, "their best practices," but "their best practices" brought about destruction of the existing infrastructure such that many of the existing people living within the land perished from diseases that did not exist in the land before the English arrived.

This has occurred many times when European nations expanded their territories of influence, through conquests, for their own benefits. This expansion was based on "technology" that was needed to maintain power for an "elite" section of that society. Europeans had a false sense of superiority over the nations that they had "conquered" but when faced with living in the conquered lands, that they had acquired, they had no ideas how to live off of the land or even how to sustain practices that were consistent with the climate and weather patterns for those areas which they were expanding into.

The English people who had come, would not have survived within Australia, if it had not been for the existing people who had mastered the art of living in an apparent harsh environment who willingly shared their knowledge base with them.

For example, Burke and Wills would have been far better off if they had not carted an oak Table with them on their trek to find a way north through Australia. The effort to cart that table so that they could sit like civilised people to eat their meals proved costly for them. The table meant that they carried less food than was necessary for their expedition. The table slowed them down such that they the people who were waiting for them to arrive at the "base camp" had left a few days before they returned, so that they could return to "civilisation" further down south.

Sometimes the real facts about our "living standards" are never told.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not quite true young man. Wherever people live there is infrastructure. Australia was inhabited long before the English set foot in Australia and the infrastructure needed for them to live was very different to what the English used who arrived and believed was necessary for Australia.

The people, who had lived in Australia when the English arrived, had a far better understanding of how to live their lives and the infrastructure necessary to survive within Australia, than the Englishmen of that time. The knowledge base of the English at that time, when they arrived, was not suitable for living in Australia.

The English came with what might be called, "their best practices," but "their best practices" brought about destruction of the existing infrastructure such that many of the existing people living within the land perished from diseases that did not exist in the land before the English arrived.

This has occurred many times when European nations expanded their territories of influence, through conquests, for their own benefits. This expansion was based on "technology" that was needed to maintain power for an "elite" section of that society. Europeans had a false sense of superiority over the nations that they had "conquered" but when faced with living in the conquered lands, that they had acquired, they had no ideas how to live off of the land or even how to sustain practices that were consistent with the climate and weather patterns for those areas which they were expanding into.

The English people who had come, would not have survived within Australia, if it had not been for the existing people who had mastered the art of living in an apparent harsh environment who willingly shared their knowledge base with them.

For example, Burke and Wills would have been far better off if they had not carted an oak Table with them on their trek to find a way north through Australia. The effort to cart that table so that they could sit like civilised people to eat their meals proved costly for them. The table meant that they carried less food than was necessary for their expedition. The table slowed them down such that they the people who were waiting for them to arrive at the "base camp" had left a few days before they returned, so that they could return to "civilisation" further down south.

Sometimes the real facts about our "living standards" are never told.
Come now ! The Poms did get some things wrong, but no one wants to live the way that the Abo's lived, as it was not the fantasy that idiots make out nowadays.
What false superiority, Europe was superior in fact and their is only one issue and that's the lack of Grace, as that is a major problem with all peoples.

Living standards ? most young people nowadays could not handle the conditions of before 1970 Australia, for we have it so easy nowadays, that most people have forgotten the reality's of days past but for the half the dribble the TV may claim.

My Dad and uncles informed me of their forefathers on the Land in Australia and they did not follow directly what the Poms claimed, as they worked it out for themselves what was best regarding the Land they lived, so my Dads Dad had farms out from Warwick, Miles and Kingaroy and the Land is different all over Australia and the true Abo's know nothing at all about such things.
But what we get peddled to us now is a load of half baked nonsense, they have added the so called Abo's into the mix, Islanders and part white Mob that much of what they peddle on TV is all half baked rubbish dressed up to be the knowledge.
A mate up the road was peddling rubbish i was informed on TV but he is only a city bloke and 2ed generation so he knows nothing truly at all and never listened as a kid to anyone but for the TV now.

True the Poms did not have much regard for the Abo's because they were seen as a race of savages and people had no time for such rubbish and sure has hell did not encourage such at all because it was all bad and useless for the future of the Nation moving forward, same with the people from China they were seen as a trash culture that they sure as hell did not want to be encourage a 3rd rate Nation as they had a hell of a time as it was back in the days, so as to progress forward was the go in fact. anything less was seen as good for nothing, but nowadays good for nothings dominate Australia, the kids run wild the Law lets them so. The Government created such idiots.

So fact is that because all dead beats and layabouts were not encouraged but totally despised back in the days in fact, but then after WW2 they went looking for people from Europe, why because the poms did not want to live in a backward harsh place as Australia. for they were peddled lies to get them to come here in fact.
Nowadays you have a generation that would not lift a finger to better themselves as a Nation let alone have a work ethic and most of the real Abo's are how many generations do nothings living off the taxpayer.
The Governments have never helped the Abo's nor anyone for that matter but serviced the trash from the top of town first and played silly buggers with the rest.
Even the Sorry day is total insult peddled on lies and deception directly with leftist total shallow pathetic dribble, same with the so called Voice !
It's all a fast ! not to mention the Stolen Generation is all created mainly on lies and deceptions in fact. if anyone is bothered to look into it all.
So them 3 subjects are a deception that has been created by Satanist that do not bother with the real truth or an education on the subject but only an indoctrination concept that is half baked one sided dribble.