What is your dream vacation/outing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are actually planning a break for march next year with my daughter and son in law. It will be a staycation but there are so many lovely places in the UK that we can't decide. Maybe Wales.

1699387669123.png

This is Conwy in North Wales, one of my very favourite places, about 90 minutes away from home. It was April.

Last edited:

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to see the Aurora Borealis and millions of stars.
I wish I could live somewhere that sees the lights regularly.

If I could travel anywhere I'd like a cabin in a snowy forest and a sky full of stars. The city makes me miss the most natural things.

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to visit space, so my doctor can't say I'm overweight for my size. Then I could tell him, "no I don't weight too much, but I do have a lot of momentum once I get going".

• Haha

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would like to visit space, so my doctor can't say I'm overweight for my size. Then I could tell him, "no I don't weight too much, but I do have a lot of momentum once I get going".

But unfortunately, our mass remains the same when we go into space. The only difference is that the gravitational forces acting on our body in space is very different to what it is on the face of the earth. Our weight is actually measured in Newtons which can be calculated using the formula mass times the gravitational acceleration at the point where the person is.

Oh, and momentum is a relative quantity which is dependent upon the reference frame in which it is measured.

But then again, I am an engineer/physicist.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But unfortunately, our mass remains the same when we go into space. The only difference is that the gravitational forces acting on our body in space is very different to what it is on the face of the earth. Our weight is actually measured in Newtons which can be calculated using the formula mass times the gravitational acceleration at the point where the person is.

Oh, and momentum is a relative quantity which is dependent upon the reference frame in which it is measured.

Yes I study physics also. And have for 8 years now. I know full well the joke I made.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I study physics also. And have for 8 years now. I know full well the joke I made.

That may be true, but few plebs to Physics will understand what the joke is.

Oh, I have been applying the laws of physic for over 55 years now and fully understood the illusion that you were attempting to create.

I have been attempting to lose a pound or two but they keep returning like a boomerang.

• Haha
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be true, but few plebs to Physics will understand what the joke is.

Oh, I have been applying the laws of physic for over 55 years now and fully understood the illusion that you were attempting to create.

I have been attempting to lose a pound or two but they keep returning like a boomerang.
Oh, thanks then. Yeah I keep fluctuation by 5 pounds up and down, I currently like to blame it on inconsistencies in the earth's gravitational field.

• Haha

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, thanks then. Yeah I keep fluctuation by 5 pounds up and down, I currently like to blame it on inconsistencies in the earth's gravitational field.

No, it is the temperature instability of the strain gauges these days and how flat the batteries are.

• Haha
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is the temperature instability of the strain gauges these days and how flat the batteries are.
luxxo65tap171.jpg

• Haha

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting guys.

I went up three pounds recently.

I blame it on the grocery delivery guy accidentally bringing me six boxes of ice cream bars... instead of the one box I ordered!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got me thinking of my stomach @Debp. Where would I like to visit? Where would I like to visit? Let's see... hmmm... I think Maine USA, cause they have lobsters there, and I love me some good lobster:

maine-fishing-boat_h.jpg

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got me thinking of my stomach @Debp. Where would I like to visit? Where would I like to visit? Let's see... hmmm... I think Maine USA, cause they have lobsters there, and I love me some good lobster:

maine-fishing-boat_h.jpg
Pretty scene.
I feel sorry for the lobsters though.

• Wow