What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could this story of the young man, Eutychus, also a physical occurrence written purposely in the Bible as one of those types or shadows or a parable for us?
Indeed it is!

Everyone that has ascended the active life (the practice of God’s commandments) as if it were a first story, and has engaged in natural contemplation (the 2nd story - Romans 1:20), and has also established himself through undoubting faith to the height of theology (3rd story), but then neglects the divine word and falls asleep, he falls from the aforesaid spiritual story. Nevertheless, if the teaching of the Word, falling upon him – like Paul did to Eutychus – finds something alive in him that is not completely dead by despair, he is given life again through repentance. - Saint Maximus, Questions and Doubts

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What keeps us from sinning in heaven?
That is actually an interesting question.
But I am not sure if we can answer that question.
Back in the day the Ecumenical Councils and others tackled the question of the nature and substance of God the Father and God the Son….and of course there has always been speculation of the Holy Spirit.
They also contemplated the construct of the Trinity.
If Christ sat down with you at a table and tried to explain these things to you, you probably could not comprehend it. Christ spent a lot of time with Apostles and they did not have a lot of information to offer on these topics. The same thing goes for heaven.

But I do have a humorous story….

I was sitting around a campfire with a Baptist preacher at a Church Camp. And we are talking about this very topic. Can you sin in heaven?

Preacher says: No.

I ask: Why?

Preacher says: Nothing to sin with. There is no sex in heaven. No genitals, so no sexual sins. No lust because you will not have eyes to see beauty with or eyes to cry with.

I asked: No thievery?

Preacher says: No hands or pockets, so you cannot steal.

I asked: So you cannot be a glutton then?

Preacher says: No food, you won’t need food. No mouth to eat with and no mouth to cuss with.

I said: It sounds kind of boring! Are we just going to lay around and sleep?

Preacher says: No need for rest or sleep.

I said: I guess you are saying that there is not going to be things like baseball, football, or fishing, or boating.

Preacher said: Of course not, we will be eternally in the presence of the Lord and and praising Him and that will give us joy and happiness.

I replied: I am not sure about all that. So what do you think hell will be like! lol

I thought that to be a humorous conversation. But I have found that there are a lot of beliefs as to what heaven will be like. For the most part I believe we will have to wait and see.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see I'm changing my mind returning to this thread.

There is no mention of Satan in that chapter. It's about the King of Tyre, a man who pretended to be a god. Some history might be helpful. The King of Tyre had built this shrine out on the waters, modeled according to his ideas about Eden. Then he said he was a god and people should worship him. So Jewish history says.

2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Ezekiel is mocking the king when he says he was the covering cherub. Jewish history also says the prophecy was fulfilled. Hebrew has no "dirty words." Thus regular words can be used at times to mean other things. The Jewish commentator I read said that "swords" in the following passage showed the king being sodomized by invading troops.

7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

The king of Tyre was no god. He was a man.

How could he be in the Garden of Eden?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the most part I believe we will have to wait and see.

One thing it says, "His servants will serve Him", and in this I see that there will be things we will do, and that they will befit who we are, and they will be for our God.

When I look at what serving Him means now, I see the main thing to be to bring increase to His family.

Much love!

Reactions: Grailhunter

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And thank you for adding to your poll. Even though you don't really understand exactly what I believe, it was close enough.
Actually, I think I understand what you believe we'll enough and, in principal, I agree with you but I goofed when I worded the new option and after you get more than 5 or 6 on there, it just starts to look silly. I'm not sure I'm cut out for polling. It might be a while before I try it again.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont remember the prodigal son repenting 500 times a day, to his father who rejoiced in his return before he even opened his mouth. But I agree once we have repented "turned back to God we are Christs problem, and it is finished just as HE said.
Didn't Christ also have to be resurrected and ascend to His father to accomplish our redemption? So something was indeed finished when He died but apparently it wasn't the atonement process. Eschatology and Soteriology have different names for a reason.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I think I understand what you believe we'll enough and, in principal, I agree with you but I goofed when I worded the new option and after you get more than 5 or 6 on there, it just starts to look silly. I'm not sure I'm cut out for polling. It might be a while before I try it again.

Just remember not to ADD any sarcasm to your polls. I will write exactly what they believe, and not say those who are stupid believes...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What keeps us from sinning in heaven?
That is actually an interesting question.
But I am not sure if we can answer that question.
The more I think about this, the more I think, this isn't the right question.

Because why would we need anything to keep us from sinning?

Our desires will be fully conformed to Christ. And without the corrupt body to war against us, we will simply do what we want, all the time, and we will never want to do anything that would be sin.

We will have complete liberty with innocence, I think.

I guess it's like asking an otherwise healthy and normal fellow, what's stopping you from dining on sewage? Why would you?

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not mentioned in that chapter of Ezekiel, let alone the king being possessed by him.

Anyone who wants to know what the covering cherub might be can study the constellations of the sky for clues.
It is well established by scholars everywhere that the reference is to Lucifer. You may as well say the serpent on the pole doesn't represent Christ. I thought you were leaving us, btw. Welcome back.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit of a man is all God is concerned about.

The flesh and it's nature(carnal man) are emnity with God.

The only reason we can have a religious discussion is God working on our spirit man, which dominates our flesh man.

Our flesh man would rather go to the beach than discuss religion.
I love the beach. I guess I'm a hybrid.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I think about this, the more I think, this isn't the right question.

Because why would we need anything to keep us from sinning?

Our desires will be fully conformed to Christ. And without the corrupt body to war against us, we will simply do what we want, all the time, and we will never want to do anything that would be sin.

We will have complete liberty with innocence, I think.

I guess it's like asking an otherwise healthy and normal fellow, what's stopping you from dining on sewage? Why would you?

Much love!
I am kinda open minded about it. It comes highly recommended by Christ. That's good enough for me.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember not to ADD any sarcasm to your polls. I will write exactly what they believe, and not say those who are stupid believes...
No sarcasm was ever intended. I was merely giving the option as I saw it. A sentient being who has no choice but to obey God has no free will and is therefore an automaton (like a robot).

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time about 15 years ago when a book was first released by a well known minister that became somewhat of a sensation. ( Although at the moment I can't for the life of me remember either the name of the book or it's author). Little Bible study groups appeared everywhere and I was invited to one by my neighbor.
The book was the guide for study, and as we progressed through, after a few weeks I brought up a couple of matters that concerned me, and mentioned them privately to the home owner and asked if we could discuss them during the meeting. He refused, even though they points I raised exposed some serious flaws in the writer's biblical understanding. I couple of weeks later this fellow died, and the meetings with him, although I don't doubt other meetings continued and people were deceived.
The ears to hear and the eyes to see are really needed. Many ministers or teachers I guess don't even teach about the eyes and ears... or they teach it wrong. The good thing is that if a person is really hungry and sincerely seeking for the truth, God will bring him into His fold anyway. For those, however, who for the wrong reasons won't teach or discuss some ideas, it could cause problems in their own walk with God.

People are deceived, and sometimes unnecessarily, too often because the 'would be' teachers do not trust the Spirit of God to correctly lead. They may 'program' the Holy Spirit right out of the teaching to the detriment of everyone in attendance.

Reactions: Brakelite

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed it is!

Everyone that has ascended the active life (the practice of God’s commandments) as if it were a first story, and has engaged in natural contemplation (the 2nd story - Romans 1:20), and has also established himself through undoubting faith to the height of theology (3rd story), but then neglects the divine word and falls asleep, he falls from the aforesaid spiritual story. Nevertheless, if the teaching of the Word, falling upon him – like Paul did to Eutychus – finds something alive in him that is not completely dead by despair, he is given life again through repentance. - Saint Maximus, Questions and Doubts
Indeed, a explanation of how a man at the top [3rd story] of the ark [built by Noah] can fall down among the clean beasts [2nd story] or even all the way down to where the unclean beasts dwell [1st story]. But... still not quite outside the ark where there is only death.

Reactions: icxn

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is well established by scholars everywhere that the reference is to Lucifer. You may as well say the serpent on the pole doesn't represent Christ. I thought you were leaving us, btw. Welcome back.
Well I remain closer to @Giuliano on this. Maybe we need to have another thread on who satan is and who he is not... I'm not up to it at the moment... but perhaps later if it occurs to me.