What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So church is Babylon? Even where two or three are gathered... That's Babylon?
But not where one person is gathered... You... That's not Babylon? How do you know you're not in Babylon, and there one you believe to be Christ whom you are following isn't a pretender?
Because if the one you are following isn't able to keep you from sinning... Today... Then he isn't Jesus.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But not where one person is gathered... You... That's not Babylon? How do you know you're not in Babylon, and the one you believe to be Christ whom you are following isn't a pretender?
So Jesus is a pretender, please go tell Him that. Why do so many people get offended by Him.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because if the one you are following isn't able to keep you from sinning... Today... Then he isn't Jesus.
Have you stopped sinning, are you going to be able to stand before God with Chest puffed out, head held High and say to Him. Look at me God im not like all those other sinners. So many will be ashamed on that day.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you thinking before posting?

Are you proposing two creators? That somehow the serpent broke into Eden and put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in later? Or are you proposing that God's works were not completely finished on the sixth day?

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

The serpent was necessary. Jesus compared himself to the serpent on the pole which Moses made. He exercised dominion over it, something Adam and Eve did not do.

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And @BarnyFife

This is an interesting text. It seems that Satan is also the "King of Tyre"

Ezekiel 28:
11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God:

“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

16 “By the abundance of your trading
You became filled with violence within,
And you sinned;
Therefore I cast you as a profane thing
Out of the mountain of God;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the fiery stones.

17 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.

18 “You defiled your sanctuaries
By the multitude of your iniquities,
By the iniquity of your trading;
Therefore I brought fire from your midst;
It devoured you,
And I turned you to ashes upon the earth
In the sight of all who saw you.
19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;
You have become a horror,
And shall be no more forever.” ’ ”

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i dont pay no never mind i dont use the term osas although we are only saved once after that we are to repent. but we can be secure in our salvation
I dont remember the prodigal son repenting 500 times a day, to his father who rejoiced in his return before he even opened his mouth. But I agree once we have repented "turned back to God we are Christs problem, and it is finished just as HE said.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But not where one person is gathered... You... That's not Babylon? How do you know you're not in Babylon, and the one you believe to be Christ whom you are following isn't a pretender?
Did I forget to say, there is me, myself and I, The spirit that God has put in me, Jesus God and the Holy Spirit, that is 7, we are never alone.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BarnyFife-
We do not have souls; we are souls.

What do you believe that means specifically?

Prompting questions:

Is man- a form?
Is a form- a Body?
Is man a Body?
Does man have a Body?

Gen 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

What does that mean specifically?

Prompting questions:

WHEN man became a Living Soul---
Was man "no longer" a Body?
Did man "no longer" Have a Body?

When specifically did man become a Living Soul?
How did man become a Living Soul?
Is the Living Soul "in" the Body of a man?
What exactly IS a Living Soul?
What exactly DOES A Living Soul Do?

Can A man's Body physically Die?
Can A Living Soul physically Die?

When the Living Soul IS "Saved"...
What is it Saved From?

When the Living Soul IS "Saved"...
Is the man's Body ALSO Saved?
If so, Saved from What?

Can you answer the questions so I can better understand your position?

Thanks,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @BarnyFife

This is an interesting text. It seems that Satan is also the "King of Tyre"

Ezekiel 28:
11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God:

“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

16 “By the abundance of your trading
You became filled with violence within,
And you sinned;
Therefore I cast you as a profane thing
Out of the mountain of God;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the fiery stones.

17 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.

18 “You defiled your sanctuaries
By the multitude of your iniquities,
By the iniquity of your trading;
Therefore I brought fire from your midst;
It devoured you,
And I turned you to ashes upon the earth
In the sight of all who saw you.
19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;
You have become a horror,
And shall be no more forever.” ’ ”
I see I'm changing my mind returning to this thread.

There is no mention of Satan in that chapter. It's about the King of Tyre, a man who pretended to be a god. Some history might be helpful. The King of Tyre had built this shrine out on the waters, modeled according to his ideas about Eden. Then he said he was a god and people should worship him. So Jewish history says.

2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Ezekiel is mocking the king when he says he was the covering cherub. Jewish history also says the prophecy was fulfilled. Hebrew has no "dirty words." Thus regular words can be used at times to mean other things. The Jewish commentator I read said that "swords" in the following passage showed the king being sodomized by invading troops.

7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

The king of Tyre was no god. He was a man.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The king of Tyre was no god. He was a man.
He was a man possessed by Satan, hence the allusion to Satan at the same time as a description of the wicked king. Satan possessed Judas Iscariot for the time that he was required to betray Christ.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith said:
We will be given glorified bodies that are free from the presence of sin. We will be incapable of sinning, not because we have been made into robots; but because we have been made into new creatures in Christ (to more of an extent than now; in our physical bodies as well as what is now, that our spirits are made born again
If this is true why didn't God create the first human pair that way?

justbyfaith said:
In the now, we have been made like sheep. There is still mud and vomit in this world that we may come in contact with. When we get to heaven, there will be no mud or vomit to come into contact with; there is no sin in heaven. So it is a double whammy. Not only are we averse to coming into contact with sin, but there is no sin to come into contact with. If we wanted to have contact with sin, we would have to go out of heaven in order to have that contact.
Satan was an Angel who lived in heaven and he sinned.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was a man possessed by Satan, hence the allusion to Satan at the same time as a description of the wicked king. Satan possessed Judas Iscariot for the time that he was required to betray Christ.
Satan is not mentioned in that chapter of Ezekiel, let alone the king being possessed by him.

Anyone who wants to know what the covering cherub might be can study the constellations of the sky for clues.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would that save his spirit for the day of the Lord? There's a chunk in the armor of this exegesis.
The spirit of a man is all God is concerned about.

The flesh and it's nature(carnal man) are emnity with God.

The only reason we can have a religious discussion is God working on our spirit man, which dominates our flesh man.

Our flesh man would rather go to the beach than discuss religion.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could this story of the young man, Eutychus, also a physical occurrence written purposely in the Bible as one of those types or shadows or a parable for us? He was dead and Paul brought about his resurrection.

He was dead and Paul brought about his resurrection. He was listening to a message from God and fell asleep. If he hearing before with understanding. Perhaps he had already been born from above, but then he fell asleep no longer able to hear the voice of God. Paul brought him then to a better place via a better resurrection.

agree. Acts 20:9 Lexicon: And there was a young man named Eutychus sitting on the window sill, sinking into a deep sleep; and as Paul kept on talking, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead.

‘Sinking’ to bring down into a deep sleep, overcome by sleep and fell below the third story and picked up (to take up, raised up, to lift) dead

‘to be borne down, to sink (from the window to the pavement), ἀπό τοῦ ὕπνου, from sleep (from the effect of his deep sleep (cf. Buttmann, 322 (277); Winer's Grammar, 371 (348))), Acts 20:9b; metaphorically, to be weighed down by, overcome, carried away, καταφερόμενος ὕπνῳ βάθει, sunk in a deep sleep,’

Proverbs 19:15 Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger. (Isaiah 29:8-10) (Genesis 15:12)
Acts 20:10 Lexicon: But Paul went down and fell upon him, and after embracing him, he said, "Do not be troubled, for his life is in him."

‘Be not troubled (in an uproar), for his life is in him.’ Yes, reminded of Peter sinking below the waves, yet also of Christ ‘be not troubled’. (Mark 6:50-51) (John 14:27)
The better resurrection, maybe in: Eutychus, a young man restored to life by Paul. Good to hear ‘be not troubled, for his life is in him.’ Consider Christ’s words of restoration and without him there is no life.

Galatians 6:1-2 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. [2] Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Isaiah 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and icxn