What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do not have souls; we are souls.
There you go, attempting to see conflict in Scripture. We are souls (a metaphor for humans, e.g. eight souls were saved by water) and we are also (1) body, (2) soul, and (3) spirit. Unless we believe the Word of God we will always flounder around. So here is the Scripture:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole [1] spirit and [2] soul and [3] body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess 5:23)

In human estimation the body comes first. From God's perspective the spirit comes first, then the soul, and finally the body. The soul and spirit are very closely connected, yet distinct from each other (Heb 4:12,13)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see where he was coming from as a pastor who was seeking to protect the people underneath him from what he considered to be false doctrine. He may not have had the confidence in his own understanding to where he believed he would be able to answer your questions in an open setting. And he may have been expecting you to call him back to discuss your views in a more private fashion.

I don't think that you were permanently unwelcome.
I give him the benefit of a doubt on it, but at the time the only reason he gave for calling me was to make sure I did not come back. At his request I would have not avoided brought up the subject, but likely it time it would have anyway. He did not give me opportunity. I was too bit backward or shy in my ways to push to get in again without another invitation. I had not known him well enough to call him a friend.

My disappointment was not because he did not want to discuss the Trinity, but because I really had enjoyed the Bible studies. I had one on one studies with my friend, but getting input from more than one other person was what I liked about those meetings.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be.

Sin is the most important issue, and that we are on the same page. We are just not on the same page regarding the gifts of the Spirit, and maybe pre-trib. vs. post-trib. I'm post. Also, though I know I am saved, I hate the "doctrine" of OSAS. Too many false assurances slip through with no repentance to get saved.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate the "doctrine" of OSAS. Too many false assurances slip through with no repentance to get saved.
that because nobody understands the true osas which is not a license or excuse to sin and say they will still go to heaven

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that because nobody understands the true osas which is not a license or excuse to sin and say they will still go to heaven

Yes, there is a true lack of informed teaching, because the teachers don't know.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What u need an excuse. The only ones who make that claim are those with something to hide. So what is it that God can't see.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont pay no never mind i dont use the term osas although we are only saved once after that we are to repent. but we can be secure in our salvation

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hear you. Once several years ago I responded along with a friend to an ad in the local newspaper inviting anyone interested to attend an open inter-denominational Bible study group at a private home. We began attending the weekly meetings really enjoying them. Everyone was allowed and encouraged to participate. The home owner moderated a little and he talked a lot, but he did let others talk as well... for a few weeks. After one meeting when most of the people had already left I was walking to the door with the home owner to leave as well. I mentioned to him something about not being able to embrace the Trinity and asked what he thought about it whether we might discuss it at one of the Bible studies. He told me that while he was a Trinitarian, it wouldn't be a problem at all. A couple days later well before the day of the next meeting he called me on the phone and told me I was no longer welcome at the meetings... that my friend and I should not come any more.

He said he would not mind me expressing some non-Trinitarians ideas but he was afraid I would be a bad influence on some of the newer believers attending. He said he told me he would definite contact me later to discuss my ideas with me. He was at work and was unable to talk about it more on the phone. He never did contact me again and being uninvited... I never returned. I was only trying to be honest, but for all his previously expressed intention about having completely open Bible studies where people of different beliefs could discuss differences, he had drawn his line. It was his home so he could, but I was very disappointed. This happened some time before Christian forums on the Internet.
There was a time about 15 years ago when a book was first released by a well known minister that became somewhat of a sensation. ( Although at the moment I can't for the life of me remember either the name of the book or it's author). Little Bible study groups appeared everywhere and I was invited to one by my neighbor.
The book was the guide for study, and as we progressed through, after a few weeks I brought up a couple of matters that concerned me, and mentioned them privately to the home owner and asked if we could discuss them during the meeting. He refused, even though they points I raised exposed some serious flaws in the writer's biblical understanding. I couple of weeks later this fellow died, and the meetings with him, although I don't doubt other meetings continued and people were deceived.
You meant the bit where it says, come out of her my people.
Actually, that is important yes. And it is connected to the OP because it is the difference between salvation by works and salvation be grace through faith. It's the difference between Babylon and Jerusalem. A tale of two cities. You understand don't you that Babylon originated with Babel right? And the issue with Babel wasn't denominations. It was a false unity and a man's work to gain glory. It was a work whereby self preservation and self exaltation expunged the will of God. The dispersement of the people and the divisions that God ordained, could be likened to the same divisions that resulted in denominations that resulted from the reformation. They're was a distinct purpose in the Babel disbursement... Populating the planet. There was a distinct purpose in the reformation... Dispersing the true gospel.
While modern day Babylon will indeed be a mixture of denominations under the authority of the papacy, I would suggest you walk carefully and think clearly because there will be numerous non denominational churches and individuals among them. You see the criteria for being in Babylon is not membership of any particular church, it boils down to whether you have Babylon within. Some claim to have left Babylon, but Babylon hasn't left them. It isn't about denominations any more than salvation is about denominations. It's about faith in Christ and His working in you through grace and power to sanctify and cleanse you from all sin. And there will be such people of all denominations among the great crowd before the throne on the sea of glass.
Or the part where it all abut you following after the doctrines of men.
I agree. Following doctrines of men, especially those that counter the commandments of God is described as vain worship indeed. Take heed you don't fall into that trap.

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time about 15 years ago when a book was first released by a well known minister that became somewhat of a sensation. ( Although at the moment I can't for the life of me remember either the name of the book or it's author).

You're probably thinking of The Purpose-Driven Life, by Rick Warren.

Reactions: Brakelite

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree. Following doctrines of men, especially those that counter the commandments of God is described as vain worship indeed. Take heed you don't fall into that trap.
Its the reason why so few are willing to leave church, and why so few follow Christ, because many have already fallen into that trap but cant see it, its why its calleddeception,

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its the reason why so few are willing to leave church, and why so few follow Christ, because many have already fallen into that trap but cant see it, its why its calleddeception,
So church is Babylon? Even where two or three are gathered... That's Babylon?
But not where one person is gathered... You... That's not Babylon? How do you know you're not in Babylon, and the one you believe to be Christ whom you are following isn't a pretender?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BarneyFife