What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolutely incorrect and you know it. Consider, for example, the most famous text of all: John 3:16. It has stood alone from its context for millions of people for centuries.

If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know; (1 Corinthians 8:2)
a text without the context is a pretext for a proof text.

next.....................

Reactions: john t

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoided the question care to answer my direct question regarding those Divine Attributes ?

Was He Omnipotent,Omnipresent,Omniscient and Immutable ?
You say you're an expert. Let me test you to see how much you do know. What does this mean?

Genesis 11:5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Is God near-sighted? If He's already everywhere, why does it say He came down? Did He need to come down to know what was going on?
I can't think of a single verse that mentions the " bible "- do you believe in the bible ?

I can't think of a single verse that mentions the word Trinity either- do you believe in the Trinity ?
The word "bible" means "book" so it is mentioned in the Bible. I see no reason to discuss the Trinity since it's not in my Bible. I believe what Jesus said:

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you're an expert. Let me test you to see how much you do know. What does this mean?

Genesis 11:5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Is God near-sighted? If He's already everywhere, why does it say He came down? Did He need to come down to know what was going on?

The word "bible" means "book" so it is mentioned in the Bible. I see no reason to discuss the Trinity since it's not in my Bible. I believe what Jesus said:

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
I've never met a "christian" who denies the Trinity.

By default it makes one a non christian.

hope this helps !!!

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
john t said:
any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time.

This is absolutely incorrect and you know it. Consider, for example, the most famous text of all: John 3:16. It has stood alone from its context for millions of people for centuries.

If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know; (1 Corinthians 8:2)

You are incorrect. that is an apologetic axiom. In the many years of dealing with the cults on another site, no one proved me wrong on that statement.

For example, you cited John 3:16 as being "out of context" It is not. So I ask you if you know the meaning of the word context and then supply a reason why it is out of context?

John 3:
13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

For God So Loved the World

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
ESV
It really is simple: Jesus is talking about salvation of individuals, the reason and reward of salvation, and the state of those who do not do as Jesus said.
The entire pericope is about salvation.

Reactions: ChristisGod

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a scripture that says this?
It is common sense, and the name for this doctrine being true is "perspicuity"

The adjective perspicuous means plain to the understanding especially because of clarity and precision of presentation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
I would need to find "Trinity" in my Bible. You are the person who demanded Scriptures for everything, aren't you? Now you seem to be changing your tune.
I see you have never practiced the inductive bible study method.

What bible study method do you use ?
I don't know what you mean by "the inductive bible study method."

I read the Bible alertly, thinking every word is important. Even singular and plural are important. If I run across something that doesn't jive with my beliefs, I figure I could easily be wrong. Maybe I interpreted something else wrong before. Maybe I adopted a teaching or tradition of men that needs to be corrected. I read the Bible to find out where I could be wrong.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

It is common sense, and the name for this doctrine being true is "perspicuity"

The adjective perspicuous means plain to the understanding especially because of clarity and precision of presentation.
So you're abandoning your previous standard of requiring scripture for everything?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would need to find "Trinity" in my Bible. You are the person who demanded Scriptures for everything, aren't you? Now you seem to be changing your tune.
I don't know what you mean by "the inductive bible study method."

I read the Bible alertly, thinking every word is important. Even singular and plural are important. If I run across something that doesn't jive with my beliefs, I figure I could easily be wrong. Maybe I interpreted something else wrong before. Maybe I adopted a teaching or tradition of men that needs to be corrected. I read the Bible to find out where I could be wrong.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Do you believe the Father is God ? yes or no
Do you believe the Son is God? yes or no
Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God ? yes or no
Do you believe the Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit and that they are distinct in Persons ? yes or no

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the Father is God ? yes or no
Do you believe the Son is God? yes or no
Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God ? yes or no
Do you believe the Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit and that they are distinct in Persons ? yes or no
What saith the Scriptures? Do you not know?

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
I've been surprised at how many there are on this site that are not Trinitarian.

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are incorrect. that is an apologetic axiom. In the many years of dealing with the cults on another site, no one proved me wrong on that statement.

For example, you cited John 3:16 as being "out of context" It is not. So I ask you if you know the meaning of the word context and then supply a reason why it is out of context?

John 3:
13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

For God So Loved the World

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
ESV
It really is simple: Jesus is talking about salvation of individuals, the reason and reward of salvation, and the state of those who do not do as Jesus said.
The entire pericope is about salvation.
You're just being intensely and purposely dogmatic. The verse has deep meaning to millions of people who know nothing of the context. And who gets to decide how far context stretches? Apparently, you do. You don't think that the fact that this was part of a conversation with a high-ranking Pharisee has any bearing on the verse. Or that Christ expected a Pharisee to know all about the new birth? (v. 10) Rigidly scientific Bible study bores me. I'm off the milk to some extent. I don't require much human hand-holding these days. Praise the Lord! I'm guessing if you were at CF, you were banned. The fact that you're taking all of this personally is shocking, considering your age.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been surprised at how many there are on this site that are not Trinitarian.

Much love!
I'm surprised that so many people are.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, anyone got any idea what keeps us from sinning in Heaven?
Yes the Resurrection read about it in 1 Cor 15-

do you know the meaning of immortality ?

do you know what sin and death being swallowed up means ?

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is a canard, and it is exactly what the cults do, and the name of the game is "Say the Magic Word and I will believe it." Thus while the word "trinity" is not in the Bible, so are there other theological words that are also not mentioned in the Bible. However the absence of those words cannot be a justification for not believing in the Trinity, since the concept is made clear in both the OT and NT. I can provide the specific Scriptures referencing for God the Father , God the Son and God, Holy Spirit. Posting them would take a large space.

Matt Slick compiled a list of some of those words:
rapture
divinity
incarnation
The word Trinity is not found in the Bible | CARM.org

{quote]I read the Bible alertly, thinking every word is important. Even singular and plural are important. If I run across something that doesn't jive with my beliefs, I figure I could easily be wrong. Maybe I interpreted something else wrong before. Maybe I adopted a teaching or tradition of men that needs to be corrected. I read the Bible to find out where I could be wrong.

So you're abandoning your previous standard of requiring scripture for everything?[/QUOTE]

I do not see where he did that.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, anyone got any idea what keeps us from sinning in Heaven?
I gave you the answer as one of my first posts here, but you did not like it.

That explanation was congruent to what the Bible teaches, upholding both the sovereignty of God and His omnipotence.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a canard, and it is exactly what the cults do, and the name of the game is "Say the Magic Word and I will believe it." Thus while the word "trinity" is not in the Bible, so are there other theological words that are also not mentioned in the Bible. However the absence of those words cannot be a justification for not believing in the Trinity, since the concept is made clear in both the OT and NT. I can provide the specific Scriptures referencing for God the Father , God the Son and God, Holy Spirit. Posting them would take a large space.

Matt Slick compiled a list of some of those words:
rapture
divinity
incarnation
The word Trinity is not found in the Bible | CARM.org
You have no scripture for it? So why did you demand scripture from Byrd? You have two standards it seems.

As the rapture and incarnation, I can't see that either. Such things are the result of the traditions of men.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
I do not see where he did that.
First he says everything has to be from scripture. Now he says no, not everything. Looks "double-minded" to me.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no scripture for it? So why did you demand scripture from Byrd? You have two standards it seems.

As the rapture and incarnation, I can't see that either. Such things are the result of the traditions of men.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
First he says everything has to be from scripture. Now he says no, not everything. Looks "double-minded" to me.
hey you never answered as to your daily bible study method. Which one do you use ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What tangible thing will we have at our disposal that the 3 original sinners did not have that will keep us from falling as they did?
A new creation spirit with an incorruptible body.

Our new creation spirit is created patterned after God, in righteousness and true holiness. True holiness, this means that in the inner man, we are truly holy, that is, completely and entirely given to God's use.

And our resurrection body will be incorruptible, so there can never be the fallen flesh to war with us as it does now.

Jesus didn't sin because He was born with the nature of God though in a body of flesh. That body, though corruptible, was not corrupted, and neither did Jesus do anything that would bring corruption into it.

As He is, so are we in this world.

We are born with the nature of God though in a corrupted body. Trade that corruptible for incorruptible, and we will have an advantage I don't think that even Jesus had while living in this would in His body of flesh.

What is your theory?

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod