What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just being intensely and purposely dogmatic. The verse has deep meaning to millions of people who know nothing of the context. And who gets to decide how far context stretches? Apparently, you do. You don't think that the fact that this was part of a conversation with a high-ranking Pharisee has any bearing on the verse. Or that Christ expected a Pharisee to know all about the new birth? (v. 10) Rigidly scientific Bible study bores me. I'm off the milk to some extent. I don't require much human hand-holding these days. Praise the Lord! I'm guessing if you were at CF, you were banned. The fact that you're taking all of this personally is shocking, considering your age.

Your post assumes much; all of it wrong, and some of insulting

dogmatic? Hardly. God did not stutter when His servants write Scripture. He said what he means, and means what he says. Evidently, you may not like that, but that is irrelevant.

All of us will be judged by what we have done with what He revealed; thus there is no way that any can get away with the excuse "No one taught me the Gospel, and get into heaven without being saved:

Romans 2:
1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
2 We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who do such things.
3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.
MY AGE IS IRRELEVANT! :mad:

I WAS NEVER BOOTED FROM CF, my posting history on other boards is likewise IRRELEVANT. I am here.

Apparently, our definitions of "context" differ. I suggest you go to dictionary.com.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no scripture for it? So why did you demand scripture from Byrd? You have two standards it seems.

As the rapture and incarnation, I can't see that either. Such things are the result of the traditions of men.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
First he says everything has to be from scripture. Now he says no, not everything. Looks "double-minded" to me.

If you neglect to comprehend what I post, I cannot help you

As to the continuous ad hominems it tells me and others that you are incapable of having a civil discussion. I refuse to deal with boorish behavior.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new creation spirit with an incorruptible body.

Our new creation spirit is created patterned after God, in righteousness and true holiness. True holiness, this means that in the inner man, we are truly holy, that is, completely and entirely given to God's use.

And our resurrection body will be incorruptible, so there can never be the fallen flesh to war with us as it does now.

Jesus didn't sin because He was born with the nature of God though in a body of flesh. That body, though corruptible, was not corrupted, and neither did Jesus do anything that would bring corruption into it.

As He is, so are we in this world.

We are born with the nature of God though in a corrupted body. Trade that corruptible for incorruptible, and we will have an advantage I don't think that even Jesus had while living in this would in His body of flesh.

What is your theory?

Much love!
Honestly, Mark, I believe that we, along with Christ, the Lord will have exactly the same kind of bodies that Adam and Eve had before the fall, which were very good, according to God Himself. And that, along with the characters formed as a result of regeneration and the witness of the sufferings of Christ's resurrection body, complete with the scars of His passion will be as much as is needed and, indeed, more than enough to ensure no 2nd rebellion. And as men are not spirits, I believe there will only be 2 kinds left: the Spirit of God, Himself, and the spirits of holy angels. I also believe the Tree of Life is literal and is God's appointed sustenance for immortality. That's as honest as I know how to be, Mark. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I've held this basic belief for 30 years and have seen nothing else come along to convince me otherwise. I base it on the entire Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Christ is the Word made flesh and, like His own seamless garment, the written Word is without delineations in the disposition of sin and the redemption of man. God meets man where he is. That is the reason for the difference between that which was before the fullness of time had come and that which came after. Dispensations are foreign to me; every man who is ever saved, regardless of what he believed or thought, will be afforded it only by of the blood of Christ, the Lamb of God. Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, Mike, I believe that we, along with Christ, the Lord will have exactly the same kind of bodies that Adam and Eve had before the fall, which were very good, according to God Himself. And that, along with the characters formed as a result of regeneration and the witness of the sufferings of Christ's resurrection body, complete with the scars of His passion will be as much as is needed and, indeed, more than enough to ensure no 2nd rebellion. And as men are not spirits, I believe there will only be 2 kinds left: the Spirit of God, Himself, and the spirits of holy angels. I also believe the Tree of Life is literal and is God's appointed sustenance for immortality. That's as honest as I know how to be, Mike. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I've held this basic belief for 30 years and have seen nothing else come along to convince me otherwise. I base it on the entire Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Christ is the Word made flesh and, like His own seamless garment, the written Word is without delineations in the disposition of sin and the redemption of man. God meets man where he is. That is the reason for the difference between that which was before the fullness of time had come and that which came after. Dispensations are foreign to me; every man who is ever saved, regardless of what he believed or thought, will be afforded it only by of the blood of Christ, the Lamb of God. Much love!
I'm not sure who Mike is, and I'm not sure what most of this meant.

Seeing Jesus' scars will be the preventative to sin, do I understand that part right?

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll never learn to stop calling people by name without double-checking. I'm so horrible with names.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, right. Sorry, Mark. :eek:
And can we be certain they will appear, Jesus' scars, that is?

Considering that the Bible foretells that we won't remember anything of this heaven and earth? Will we always have a reminder of sin and death and depravity and loss and suffering and corruption and loved ones condemned and how much more?

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvary is not just about the earth. It is the centerpiece of time, space, and matter. It is also the security system of the universe.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't exactly say that. The scars will remain, I believe.
Many people think that.

I know some think so because John saw a slaughtered lamb.

I go with this:

Isaiah 65
16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

According to this, we won't even remember the current heaven and earth. It won't come into mind. So then if Jesus bears the scars, we'd all see the ONE flaw in heaven, and we'd ask Jesus, what is the meaning of those marks? And He'd say . . . nevermind.

So . . . I'm thinking that all trace and stain of sin will be gone completely and forever, and we will live forever with Him in perfect innocence and righteousness.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did tell you. Maimonides recommended it, and so do I.
is this what you are talking about below from the previous page :

"I don't know what you mean by "the inductive bible study method."

I read the Bible alertly, thinking every word is important. Even singular and plural are important. If I run across something that doesn't jive with my beliefs, I figure I could easily be wrong. Maybe I interpreted something else wrong before. Maybe I adopted a teaching or tradition of men that needs to be corrected. I read the Bible to find out where I could be wrong. "

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, despite all that i would suggest forgiveness, ok;
no believer will ever be comfortable hearig that they are actually Esau i guess

fwiw i always put Scripture in italics tho, and best wishes to you new guys in your walk ok
you are in a diff kind of forum now, and i have grown a lot here, myself
Some people after a while with God's help come to understand you in part my friend. Others depending perhaps too much on themselves and their knowledge of the Bible and certain embraced doctrines have trouble seeing who you are because you are not in the same place they are. What kind of vision is that?

For the benefit of anyone else reading this, I am talking about @bbyrd009 and I don't believe he minds that too much if it might help someone learn to communicate with him. Unfortunately some people here carry on quite a few one-sided conversations. Who has ears to hear them? Does God hear them?

Which denomination or church group is God's favorite one?