What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
You avoided the question care to answer my direct question regarding those Divine Attributes ?

Was He Omnipotent,Omnipresent,Omniscient and Immutable ?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rest my proverbial case.
except you have no case and that would be false since you would be considered a heretic known as kenosis if you believe He was not fully God with all the Divine Attributes shared between the Trinity.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the history and teachings of Joseph Smith, y'all are not Christian. He hated Christianity, and the HJS proves it. That is the truth, I stated it plainly, and without rancor.

You may not like what I posted, but your opinion of truth posted "thoughtfully and with respect" (according to your criteria) does not come close to trolling.

But this particular forum as I understand it, is not about Mormonism. Thus, I will not follow that rabbit trail
If you want to actually talk thoughtfully and respectfully (nobody trolling, nobody blindly repeating junk) feel free to send me a PM.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoided the question care to answer my direct question regarding those Divine Attributes ?

Was He Omnipotent,Omnipresent,Omniscient and Immutable ?
You want me to continue helping you derail the thread? I've already replied to it several times.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to check out Grammarly. I think the word you're looking for here is "averse." Unless opinions have made you sick or poor.

Thanks for the heads up. As long as it did not get flagged by spell check, I usually let it pass. :p

You are correct, and this is what Merriam-Webster says:

Both adverse and averse are used to indicate opposition. Adverse, usually applied to things, often means "harmful" or "unfavorable" and is used in instances like "adverse effects from the medication." Averse usually applies to people and means "having a feeling of distaste or dislike." It is often used with to or from to describe someone having an aversion to something specific, such as "he is averse to taking risks" or "he is risk averse."

English has many pairs of words which look, sound, and taste alike. Some of these (such as preventive and preventative) are more or less synonymous. Others, despite an orthographic similarity (such as allusion and illusion), have markedly different meanings. And still others (such as averse and adverse) fall somewhere between.​

'Adverse' or 'Averse'?

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
except you have no case and that would be false since you would be considered a heretic known as kenosis if you believe He was not fully God with all the Divine Attributes shared between the Trinity.
Then you would declare the apostle Paul a heretic, too, according to Philippians 2:6-7. It's plain to see why you can't conform to verse 5.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The He was no longer God

next...............
He was a man -- with the perfect image and likeness of God. Dominion of the earth was given to man. Jesus set aside much to come to this earth. Do you call someone in the correct image and likeness God or a god?

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

That needs reconciled with:

1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was a man -- with the perfect image and likeness of God. Dominion of the earth was given to man. Jesus set aside much to come to this earth. Do you call someone in the correct image and likeness God or a god?

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

That needs reconciled with:

1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
did He set aside " Omni Attributes and Immutability ?

a simple yes or no will suffice

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up. As long as it did not get flagged by spell check, I usually let it pass. :p

You are correct, and this is what Merriam-Webster says:

Both adverse and averse are used to indicate opposition. Adverse, usually applied to things, often means "harmful" or "unfavorable" and is used in instances like "adverse effects from the medication." Averse usually applies to people and means "having a feeling of distaste or dislike." It is often used with to or from to describe someone having an aversion to something specific, such as "he is averse to taking risks" or "he is risk averse."

English has many pairs of words which look, sound, and taste alike. Some of these (such as preventive and preventative) are more or less synonymous. Others, despite an orthographic similarity (such as allusion and illusion), have markedly different meanings. And still others (such as averse and adverse) fall somewhere between.​

'Adverse' or 'Averse'?
Then you're golden. No worries. You have triumphed gloriously over me. Congratulations. How impressive. Well, except for the fact that no one uses it that way. If you were a journalist, you'd be spanked and you know it.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you would declare the apostle Paul a heretic, too, according to Philippians 2:6-7. It's plain to see why you can't conform to verse 5.
I will ask you the same simple question I asked giuliano

Did He set aside " Omni Attributes and Immutability ?

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the lengthy explanations of ill behavior don't justify them.
Seriously??????????

I am not the one making things up, nor am I doing any undefined "ill behavior". All I did was to point out several erroneous assumptions inherent in the post. What the heck is the matter with that?

You made the ad hominem accusation in the above post. You are invited to provide evidence of that, or else withdraw the spurious accusation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did He set aside " Omni Attributes and Immutability ?

How could I answer that to your satisfaction? I can't think of a single verse in the Bible that mentions "omni attributes" or "immutability."

Immutable is mentioned once:

Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

That being said, what do we make of this?

Matthew 26:32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

That didn't happen. The disciples didn't go to Galilee, so Jesus couldn't meet them there. He altered his plans. We see Jesus changing his mind more than once. I wouldn't say Jesus lied, but what he said didn't come to pass. That didn't bother him. He adapted.

All this talk about things like omniscience! My Bible says God Himself can forgets some things.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time.
This is absolutely incorrect and you know it. Consider, for example, the most famous text of all: John 3:16. It has stood alone from its context for millions of people for centuries.

If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know; (1 Corinthians 8:2)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously??????????

I am not the one making things up, nor am I doing any undefined "ill behavior". All I did was to point out several erroneous assumptions inherent in the post. What the heck is the matter with that?

You made the ad hominem accusation in the above post. You are invited to provide evidence of that, or else withdraw the spurious accusation.
You are invited to get over yourself.
Thank you for participating. :)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could I answer that to your satisfaction? I can't think of a single verse in the Bible that mentions "omni attributes" or "immutability."

Immutable is mentioned once:

Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

That being said, what do we make of this?

Matthew 26:32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

That didn't happen. The disciples didn't go to Galilee, so Jesus couldn't meet them there. He altered his plans. We see Jesus changing his mind more than once. I wouldn't say Jesus lied, but what he said didn't come to pass. That didn't bother him. He adapted.

All this talk about things like omniscience! My Bible says God Himself forgets some things.

I can't think of a single verse that mentions the " bible "- do you believe in the bible ?

I can't think of a single verse that mentions the word Trinity either- do you believe in the Trinity ?