What Makes A Christian Different From Everybody Else?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

onewrite

Mar 27, 2008
In order to answer this hard-hitting question; there are a couple of facts that must be considered. Fact number one: Like every other person, a Christian is a human being. Fact number two: All human beings were born to this earth, enshroud or cloaked in the sin-like nature of Adam; the first man.

Consider the story of the first man, Adam:

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat; But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die (Gen. 2:16-17).” This command was addressed to Adam. Eve, Adam’s wife, was created after the command was given to Adam (Gen. 2:18-22). Sometime after Eve’s creation, however; she was tempted of the serpent; took of the fruit, and did eat. Not only did she eat, but she gave also unto her husband; and he did eat (Gen. 3:6).” Adam’s partaking of the fruit was his disobedience to God; his Creator. Here, is where “sin” began for all of humankind (Rom. 5:17).

Sin is the transgression against divine or moral law. Law is the divine boundary between good and evil. Sin is an overstepping of that boundary. Sin, against God, is precisely what Adam did. After Adam; every member of the human race was born to this earth; in sin (Job 14:1; Ps. 51:3-5; Rom. 5:12).”

Because of Adam, and due to sin, each person till this present day falls short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). Falling short; is imperfection; a separation from God. This separation leaves each individual subject to evil; makes him less than perfect; prone to lie, and subject to mistakes and shortcomings, in general. This faulty human condition is the makeup of every man (also woman) throughout his earthly life.

Even if a man or woman becomes religious, or a churchgoer on earth (in the natural); he or she is still subject to the universal, sin condition of human-kind. He is still prone to the faults and failures of man. He still falls short of the glory of God. Falling short means failure to meet divine standards (Rom. 3:23). It is falling short of the mark. It is the error; a deviation from right or truth; a blunder (Rom. 1:18). It is iniquity.

Iniquity; of which, every man is guilty; is the lack of moral principles; a condition inherently wrong (Rom. 1:18 – 28; Jas. 2: 10). Even when a person is right, he is also capable of being wrong (Rom. 7:21). Therefore, we conclude; the only thing that makes a Christian any different from everybody else is the Christian’s spiritual reconnection with God; through acceptance of and adherence to; His Son, Jesus (Rom. 5:1; Rom. 5:17; Col. 1:20-21). This reconnection or reconciliation is spiritual and seen only through God’s eyes (1 Sam. 16:7). Earthly man can never be sure of the spiritual status of another person. At best, man can only guess whether a person is or is not spiritually reconnected with God.

The reconnection that God sees is also known as the “new birth” or “born again (John 3:3).” The term; “born again” is also referred to as the “second birth.” As a person is born of Adam, in sin, into this earth, his second birth allows him to be born, or reconciled back, into the realm or into the kingdom of, God.

The Christian is born again. The non-Christian or everybody else is not.

*Unless otherwise indicated, Bible quotations here are taken from the Schofield Reference Bible; Copyright © 1909, 1917, Copyright renewed, 1937, 1945, 1957, by Oxford University Press, Inc.

bigape

May 22, 2008
Good morning onewrite and welcome.

Of all that you have said, only one error stuck out to me.
You said.........
“This reconnection or reconciliation is spiritual and seen only through God’s eyes (1 Sam. 16:7). Earthly man can never be sure of the spiritual status of another person. At best, man can only guess whether a person is or is not spiritually reconnected with God.”
You are right, that this Spiritual conciliation, can only be seen by the Lord.
But it is wrong to say that we can “never” be sure of someone’s Spiritual state.

The Bible is very clear, that if a person believes or preaches the wrong Gospel, than we can know for sure, that they are unsaved and headed for hell.........
Galatians 1:8-9
V.8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
V.9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

--------------------------------------------------
This means that every Catholic priest, all the way up to the Pope, is unsaved.
(Although, there may be some individual Catholics, who are saved:)
But if that is the case, they were saved in spite of their Churches teaching, not because of it.

The Catholics are not alone. The Mormons, the JW’s, the SDA, etc, etc.
What all of these cults have in common, is they preach a “works based” gospel.
(This is what makes them cults.)

Now so far, I have only touched on “Christian cults”: Add to these every other world religion.
We know for sure, that every individual, in a religion that rejects Jesus Christ, can not be saved.
Christianity, is the world’s only true religion. THIS IS A FACT.
So yes we can KNOW FOR SURE if someone else is unsaved.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"What Makes A Christian Different From Everybody Else?"

- They have the almighty God, creater of heaven and earth dwelling inside them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning onewrite and welcome.

Of all that you have said, only one error stuck out to me.
You said.........

You are right, that this Spiritual conciliation, can only be seen by the Lord.
But it is wrong to say that we can “never” be sure of someone’s Spiritual state.

The Bible is very clear, that if a person believes or preaches the wrong Gospel, than we can know for sure, that they are unsaved and headed for hell.........
V.8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
V.9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The presumption in this is that you as the judge of these others have the "right gospel" in every point. If any part of the beliefs, which you hold are wrong in the eyes of God, then anything that you measure by those erroneous parts is wrongfully judged. The same thing would be true for me or anyone else!

bigape: This means that every Catholic priest, all the way up to the Pope, is unsaved.
But if that is the case, they were saved in spite of their Churches teaching, not because of it.

The priests and the pope may very well fall into this category, but even this you cannot know for certain. Even if many or most of the basic beliefs of the Catholic Church are wrong, individuals, including priests, do not always believe or follow exactly in accord with the official beliefs. A person whose heart is right toward God, even though he holds partially false beliefs, may still be growing heading toward salvation. You would only definitely be able to say otherwise, if you have absolutely every belief exactly as God would want you to have them. To exent that you miss God's line, your own judgment of others would also be flawed.
bigape: The Catholics are not alone. The Mormons, the JW’s, the SDA, etc, etc.
What all of these cults have in common, is they preach a “works based” gospel.
(This is what makes them cults.)

I would say the same thing about members of these groups as for the Catholics. I will add, that the higher up in the hierarchy of any church organization with some basic flaws in official beliefs and doctrines a person is, the more likely it would be that the person is heading down instead of up.

bigape: Now so far, I have only touched on “Christian cults”: Add to these every other world religion.
We know for sure, that every individual, in a religion that rejects Jesus Christ, can not be saved.
Christianity, is the world’s only true religion. THIS IS A FACT.
So yes we can KNOW FOR SURE if someone else is unsaved.

Yes, we can know for sure when some else is unsaved, if and when God tells us individually that the person is out of it. Even someone who is not serving God at all at the moment, while condemned for the moment, still has hope until he has passed up his last opportunity to repent and be drawn in to God. How could we know if a person has already passed that point unless God told us?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I always thought Jesus summed it up best when He said something like... "By this they'll know you... you'll have Love for One Another"

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well for the most part, the only difference between most christians and everybody else, is they carry bibles and go to church. They still gossip, still condemn, still do not forgive, many dont know Jesus, thre lives dont change, they are just the world in a different guise. And it shouldnt be that way.

In His Love

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello amadeus

And thank you for your civil response.

You said........
“The presumption in this is that you as the judge of these others have the "right gospel" in every point. If any part of the beliefs, which you hold are wrong in the eyes of God, then anything that you measure by those erroneous parts is wrongfully judged. The same thing would be true for me or anyone else!”

The Gospel, that I am talking about here, only has “one point”:
“Salvation by grace though faith alone”.

There are many Christian denominations, that have error in some parts of their Doctrine, yet they have “the Gospel” right, so I will see them in heaven someday.

But if a person has “the way of salvation” wrong, there is no way that they can be saved.
Next you said.......
“The priests and the pope may very well fall into this category, but even this you cannot know for certain. Even if many or most of the basic beliefs of the Catholic Church are wrong, individuals, including priests, do not always believe or follow exactly in accord with the official beliefs.”

The Lord Jesus said, that when it comes to the Gospel, a person can’t be half wrong and half right, as you describe here.

A priest who is saved, “can not” continue to teach people that Salvation is through the Catholic Church and the mass.
Jesus said that this is impossible..........
Matthew 7:15-18
V.15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
V.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
V.17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
V.18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

True salvation, is more than simply having your head filled with the right Doctrine.
I.e. (Knowing what is right but staying in a false Church:)

No, True salvation, is a “life changing experience”, that makes it impossible for you to peach or teach a false Gospel.
Lastly you said.......
“Yes, we can know for sure when some else is unsaved, if and when God tells us individually that the person is out of it. Even someone who is not serving God at all at the moment, while condemned for the moment, still has hope until he has passed up his last opportunity to repent and be drawn in to God. How could we know if a person has already passed that point unless God told us?”

Sure enough, a person can always get saved later on; But at the moment that a false Gospel comes out of their mouth, they are unsaved.

Jesus said.......
Matthew 12:34
“O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010

This means that every Catholic priest, all the way up to the Pope, is unsaved.
I wouldn't go that far. While I think very few in the Catholic Church are legitimate Christians, I do agree with the OP that we cannot know for sure.

You must address what the "gospel" comprises in order to use Galatians 1:8.
Does this mean since I believed and aided in the spreading of free will (not Predestination, as Ephesians teaches), I am eternally cursed? I don't think so.
Or do you take this to mean, any gospel other than that which does not contain Christ?
What about people that teach Christ plus... works... tithing... etc... Does that count as the gospel?

So you see the problem with using this verse. It's a great verse and I agree, we just must know what it's talking about before using it.
Another eternal condemnation verse is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Once again, a whole host of definitions of what that could mean.

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello TexUs

You said.......
“I wouldn't go that far.”

Well, you don’t have to. The Bible does.
That is, the Bible makes the Gospel crystal clear,
You added........
“You must address what the "gospel" comprises in order to use Galatians 1:8.”

The entire Bible addresses what the gospel comprises, over and over again......
Ephesians 2:8-9
V.8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
V.9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Now I see, you seem to have a problem with Ephesians; No problem, this same message is all over the Bible.
Therefore, this answers your question........
“Or do you take this to mean, any gospel other than that which does not contain Christ?
What about people that teach Christ plus... works... tithing... etc... Does that count as the gospel?”
No it doesn’t. If anything is added to faith alone, than it nullifies faith and salvation isn’t achieved........
Romans 4:4-5
V.4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
V.5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Anyone who adds anything to simply believing, is trying to make God a “debtor” to them......
“God I did this, so you have to save me.”

True salvation does not work that way. It’s a gift...........
Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

You finish, by changing the subject.......
“Another eternal condemnation verse is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Once again, a whole host of definitions of what that could mean.”

We are not talking about “eternal condemnation”, but we are talking about the Gospel.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
No it doesn’t. If anything is added to faith alone, than it nullifies faith and salvation isn’t achieved........
I hope you mean faith in that additional thing, is null and void... Obviously placing faith in my good works: is fruitless and not the gospel.

You finish, by changing the subject.......
Actually, no I don't.

You reference an eternal condemnation verse (preaching a gospel other than the one given) to be evidence for people not saved.
I referenced ANOTHER one: blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

It's not changing the subject, it's adding to it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello bigape,

Thank you for showing me there are some here who read and listen. Thank you for showing the one item you failed to mention below, Love or Charity, which is greater than faith.

amadeus: “The presumption in this is that you as the judge of these others have the "right gospel" in every point. If any part of the beliefs, which you hold are wrong in the eyes of God, then anything that you measure by those erroneous parts is wrongfully judged. The same thing would be true for me or anyone else!”

bigape: The Gospel, that I am talking about here, only has “one point”:
“Salvation by grace though faith alone”.

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3

bigape: There are many Christian denominations, that have error in some parts of their Doctrine, yet they have “the Gospel” right, so I will see them in heaven someday.

But if a person has “the way of salvation” wrong, there is no way that they can be saved.

If a person has all faith, but is completely uncharitable, is completely without real love toward others, can he be saved? Read the verses I quoted above carefully!

Amadeus: “The priests and the pope may very well fall into this category, but even this you cannot know for certain. Even if many or most of the basic beliefs of the Catholic Church are wrong, individuals, including priests, do not always believe or follow exactly in accord with the official beliefs.”

bigape: The Lord Jesus said, that when it comes to the Gospel, a person can’t be half wrong and half right, as you describe here.

Indeed, the scripture you need is in James:

"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be" James 3:8-10

The last verse says :"ought not so to be", but we both know that the tongue to continues to curse when it is not blessing. The same person who prays faithfully and sincerely to God at home on his knees, may find himself a few minutes later chewing out someone one freeway.

So then again who is James talking to? He is talking to "Brethren". He is talking to believers. Believers shouldn't ever curse anyone, but they do . Now don't misunderstand, I am not speaking of what we call cussing and neither is the BIble. To curse somoeone is to wish them ill in some manner however nice and softly we may phrase it.

bigape: A priest who is saved, “can not” continue to teach people that Salvation is through the Catholic Church and the mass.

Ahhh, but you have pre-determined that the Catholic Church and the mass is wrong. Now they may indeed as you say be wrong for you have a conviction that they are. So do I, but it is my conviction, not that of every believer.

A person who grew up in the Catholic Church as I did, only has what he has at the moment even though his heart may be turned toward God. I never read the Bible during those years and I only knew what I was taught by the nuns and the priests. I Ioved God truly even then, although I have come a long since then. I decided early that I wanted to become a Catholic priest because I thought that that was the best way to become better acquainted with God.

I was wrong, but again, I did not know that I was wrong. Remember that I knew nothing of what the BIble says. I never changed my mind about becoming a priest while I was active in the RCC. Unbeknownst to me, my mother, also a Catholic [although I can never remember attending church], spoke to the priest and between them they decided to wait a few years before pursuing the idea of the priesthood with me further. I was unaware of this decision until many years after I was no longer Catholic.

I do believe that God intervened because, out of ignorance, I would have gone in where I didn't belong. Some people go through that door that I was spared and some of them, I believe, initially are just as ignorant as I was. At some point in studies and prayers, etc. a few of them were made aware [by God] that they were in the wrong place. Some of those few probably decided to go ahead, because they had already invested so much time, but some of them removed themselves.

When do you suppose that a person who really had a heart for God in such a situation where he is already in the seminary [or even has finished the seiminary] would have made the decision reverse his course? Could any of them have worked, trying within that system for a period of time to accomplish God's will in spite of the obstacles before them?
What do you suppose happened to Martin Luther, a Catholic priest, when he discovered that he was unable to change the erroneous ways of the RCC that he saw? It was not initially his purpose to remove himself or to be removed from the priesthood and from the Catholic Church and start a reformation that would change the world. That was God's doing, not Martin Luther's! Martin Luther was simply the right instrument in the right place at the right time to be used by God.

Is no Catholic priest ever an instrument in God's hands today?

bigape: Jesus said that this is impossible..........
Matthew 7:15-18
V.15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
V.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
V.17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
V.18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Is all of the fruit of every priest and every nun always evil? I hope not for in a real sense I am a fruit of the Catholic Church. Lots of pruning and dunging and watering was needed to change me to at least to a closer walk with God, In the those early days, however, including the very difficult teenage years until my graduation from high school [1961], my only learning about God came from the Catholic Church. No one else in my near family was other than a very nominal Catholic, not even attending services, at all, other than maybe Christmas Eve or Easter. I served the Lord alone as far as man was concerned until long after I had finally departed from that Church.

True salvation, is more than simply having your head filled with the right Doctrine.
I.e. (Knowing what is right but staying in a false Church:)

The beginning of salvation for me was as a young Catholic boy who loved God and prayed on his own even though not knowing anything but what the RCC taught. There was undoubtedly a lot a growth ahead, but God was and is able, even without natural helpers and without the Bible His wonders to perform.[/size]

bigape: No, True salvation, is a “life changing experience”, that makes it impossible for you to peach or teach a false Gospel.

And who starts there.. with the life changing experience? I didn't! I started out with God before there was any one experience that I could honestly call "life changing".

There was to be more than one life changing experience later on. Thank God that He was watching over me before I even had a clue as to where was going on other than knowing that I wanted to move toward Him.

Amadeus: “Yes, we can know for sure when some else is unsaved, if and when God tells us individually that the person is out of it. Even someone who is not serving God at all at the moment, while condemned for the moment, still has hope until he has passed up his last opportunity to repent and be drawn in to God. How could we know if a person has already passed that point unless God told us?

bigape: Sure enough, a person can always get saved later on; But at the moment that a false Gospel comes out of their mouth, they are unsaved.

Jesus said.......
Matthew 12:34
“O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”

There remains in every new convert to the Lord, an old man full of his old habits and ways that are not the ways of the Lord. This is why John the Baptist, knowing this said,

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

he was not only speaking of his the end of his own ministry and that start of the ministry of Jesus. He was speaking about what had to happen in his own heart and in the heart of each an every new believer. Until the believer has received the Holy Ghost, the task of tearing down the old and building up the new in a person is impossible. This is what Jesus meant here:

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible ." Matt 10:26-27

To decrease the old man down to nothing to increase the new man up to Jesus, required the power of God. This is the reason for the Holy Ghost!

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts1:8

The power was not a focus on healing people of their natural ailments, but the power to clean the person with the Holy Ghost inside and out and refill the emptied carcase with Living Word of God. This is why we have to start with milk and can only consume the meat later.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians have the added burden of 'correct doctrine', which feeds their egos and may interfere with practicing their sanctification by loving their neighbors through service.

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello TexUs

You asked......
“I hope you mean faith in that additional thing, is null and void... Obviously placing faith in my good works: is fruitless and not the gospel.”
No I didn’t.
If you are trying to get saved, and you have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, but just to be safe you add to that faith, something like water baptism, or Church membership, you will end up going to hell.

(1)Jesus doesn’t need our help to get us saved.
(2)Salvation must be a “gift”, or it’s not real.
(3)If we do ANY GOOD WORK, to get ourselves saved, we will go to hell!
(4)True Biblical salvation, is by FAITH ALONE!
(5)If we are trusting in any kind of Good work to save us, we will stay unsaved.
Now, I have said it 5 different ways.....AND HERE ARE SOME MORE.......

This is how the Bible teaches, that we get saved.
This “Biblical way” of salvation, is a secret to most of the people on earth.
Most people will reject it, because it seems just too simple to them.
95% of the human race, will die and go to hell, because they will not accept this simple fact.........
Matthew 7:13-14
V.13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
V.14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus came and died on the cross to pay for our sins.
Therefore, when anyone tries to pay for their own sins, by good works, they are slapping Jesus across the face, and saying, “I don’t need your sacrifice”!!

Do you get it yet??

Salvation is not up to us, it is up to God.......
John 6:44
“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

We don’t decided when we get saved, God does.
When God is ready to save you, He will “draw you”, by convicting your heart that you are unsaved and going to hell.
It’s at this moment that you can ask Jesus for salvation, and he will saved you........
Romans 10:13
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

But.....if you try to save yourself, by doing good works, you will be rejecting God’s free gift, and end up dying and going to hell.

It’s like a Birthday gift.
If someone tries to give you a gift(a new car/care keys in a box), on your birthday and you hand them a $20.00 bill for it, than it was not a gift. (You tried to pay for it.)

Salvation is like that; We can’t ever hope to pay for it, therefore God offers it to us for free.
But if we don’t have the faith to accept it and try to pay for it, then we won’t get it.

Do you get it yet???

You see, true salvation is as SIMPLE as I have been describing, yet Satan and the world, tries to make it more complicated than it really is.
(Because Satan wants people to go to hell.)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
A Christian will give his last dollar to the needy because he knows God will provide. A Christian will lay down his life to save someone else because he knows God is his Helper. A Christian will believe God will do the 'impossible' for His people who believe in His many promises. A Christian believes in the living God of the Bible and therefore it is counted to him for righteousness.

James 2:23 (NKJV)
[sup]23 [/sup]And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian will give his last dollar to the needy because he knows God will provide. A Christian will lay down his life to save someone else because he knows God is his Helper. A Christian will believe God will do the 'impossible' for His people who believe in His many promises. A Christian believes in the living God of the Bible and therefore it is counted to him for righteousness.

James 2:23 (NKJV)
[sup]23 [/sup]And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

I just love your absolute language......'christians have no rights'........'christians will give their last dollar'......have you given your last dollar ducky?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I just love your absolute language......'christians have no rights'........'christians will give their last dollar'......have you given your last dollar ducky?
Would you believe me if I said I have faced death many times trusting in the God of the Bible? I don't recall if I have given my last dollar but I remember many times I have given away money that I needed to pay bills. Actually I seek out the needy to help them. I have faced more than one shotgun because of my beliefs. Believe me? Doesn't matter. It's true anyway. The Bible is true whether you believe it or not. It is God's Word.